Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident (3125 Views)

Delta Man's New Car Involved In Ghastly Accident Before It was Delivered To Him / Witnessed Skidding/180 Degree Spin On The Highway! / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Piyke: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
kingreign:

Thank God it all ended with no life lost and no injuries that caused one to be maimed or permanently confined to a wheel chair.

The rate at which Nigerians drive recklessly leaves much to imagine. It's a lesson for us all who's just read this post. We need to be more alert, much more sober and extra careful when behind the wheels.

Thanks brother, seasons greetings.
Thanks boss. Compliments!!!
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Piyke: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
SportsHD:
Speed kills. One needs to reiterate this well. I'm glad they weren't hurt.

I have a stupid friend that does 90-130 km/hr on that road anytime he's coming back from work at night. His excuse is that the roads are wide and free. Drives a 2014/15 Honda. The car moves very fast too.

He doesn't hear word, I hope the car won't take him one day. I'll show him this post when he comes back tonight.

I hope God helps your friend to listen. This was how I lost a cousin.

1 Like

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Piyke: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
bskyb:

This is a practice that many Nigeria drivers ignore.
Thanks for the advice.
You write beautifully too..

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Originalsly: 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Hmmm.... guess the driver had a few drinks ... been speeding and lost control. They are lucky to be alive. Agree with you 100% ... soo important to keep at a safe distance .... and wear seat belt.... just got to do the little safe stuff. You never know who is behind the wheel of the other ars on the road.

This happened on Thursday .... had just passed behind the pick up truck to enter a building.... when the minivan plougued into the pickup. The driver got a seizure and lost control .... he was twitching and slumped forward... locked in with windows up. I thought one hit from a steering wheel club would smash the window.... I learned something new at the scene! Police arrived like within 3 minutes.... Firemen like 5 and the first ambulance a minute after. The guy aught back himself... but he was taken away by the medics anyway

3 Likes

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by alphaNomega: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
Lavisha:

I thot as much..

If it were those overrated toys like Corolla, Matrix and Vibe, Golf, Almera, Rav 4 1990-2007, you for don go already.

Honda Accord na Handling Master.

I'm a proud 2006 Accord owner tho.

angry Any Honda Accord that handles well is totally dependent on the driver. Piyke knows not to exceed 100kmph in his car or else it will float like handkerchief on a windy day
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by alphaNomega: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
Piyke:

I beg you to reduce your speed o. Its tempting but Naija is legendary. That's how someone will be speeding and one nama will just enter the road...

On topic, couldn't really see what initiated the loss of control.

The driver was moving too fast and may have tried to switch lanes, hence the skid and loss of control.

You did not hear an explosion so tyre blowout is excluded.

Then again, like Honda Accord, he experienced that paper-in-the-wind feel as he was pushing well over 100kmph in an SUV. They are lucky the SUV didn't flip over, maybe if the car was empty, that would have happened.
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by 9icetoo(m): 8:48am On Dec 21, 2021
alphaNomega:

The driver was moving too fast and may have tried to switch lanes, hence the skid and loss of control.

You did not hear an explosion so tyre blowout is excluded.

Then again, like Honda Accord, he experienced that paper-in-the-wind feel as he was pushing well over 100kmph in an SUV. They are lucky the SUV didn't flip over, maybe if the car was empty, that would have happened.
Chai. Make I no talk wetin dey my mind. Your understanding of cars is miles from what you think it is. Compliments of the season.

3 Likes

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by alphaNomega: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
9icetoo:

Chai. Make I no talk wetin dey my mind. Your understanding of cars is miles from what you think it is. Compliments of the season.

Compliments of the season to you too cheesy
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Viking007(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2021
Piyke:

Next the trailer did a sudden swerve coming into my lane. Instinctively, eyes looked in the rear mirror, thankfully car behind kept a safe distance. I did too from the trailer. I applied the brake, when simultaneously the sound of screeching tires filled the air.

It was then it became clear. The trailer was manoeuvring to avoid the car to its left that had lost control.
Things like this is why I keep at least a car length distance from the front vehicle. Always ensure you can see the full wheels of the vehicle in front. I no know where Nigerians dey rush to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Viking007(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
chinachukwu:

90-130km/hr at night on a free road isn't too much.. As long as your car has good handling, you're good! Don't forget some crashed going 60-80km/hr. Just hope you always return home every day!
It is much easier handling/reacting/controlling a car moving at 60-80 than 90-130. Over speeding kills!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Ahmadm(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
130 km/h and you call that speed�? Guess if you happen to enter my driving you'll piss your pants
SportsHD:
Speed kills. One needs to reiterate this well. I'm glad they weren't hurt.

I have a stupid friend that does 90-130 km/hr on that road anytime he's coming back from work at night. His excuse is that the roads are wide and free. Drives a 2014/15 Honda. The car moves very fast too.

He doesn't hear word, I hope the car won't take him one day. I'll show him this post when he comes back tonight.

1 Like

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by davessales039(m): 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
alphaNomega:

angry Any Honda Accord that handles well is totally dependent on the driver. Piyke knows not to exceed 100kmph in his car or else it will float like handkerchief on a windy day

alphaNomega:

7th gen Accord ..... floating like handkerchief in wind .... big lie. (Except those with faulty suspension, maybe.)
That car is way too solid for that.

Secondly, it was the vehicle design that prevented it from flipping over. The weight of the occupants was virtually irrelevant at that speed.

2 Likes

Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by davessales039(m): 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Lavisha:

I thot as much..

If it were those overrated toys like Corolla, Matrix and Vibe, Golf, Almera, Rav 4 1990-2007, you for don go already.

Honda Accord na Handling Master.

I'm a proud 2006 Accord owner tho.

Oh yes, I agree on the handling of the Accord. Superb.
If you know, you know.

But I have to admit; there are other vehicles with good handling too. I have seen the Golf 3 perform.
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by davessales039(m): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
chinachukwu:

90-130km/hr at night on a free road isn't too much.. As long as your car has good handling, you're good! Don't forget some crashed going 60-80km/hr. Just hope you always return home every day!

Viking007:
It is much easier handling/reacting/controlling a car moving at 60-80 than 90-130. Over speeding kills!

IMO, you are both correct.
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by batb: 3:16am On Mar 01, 2022
buygala:
Same Airport road wey I dey blow 170km/hr regularly..these v6 engines are built to be pushed..and that road is practically the only road where I can give her some kind of latitude to show what she's got smiley...

Once did 210 on that road and everything just went quiet...it was as if my car was floating on clouds...it was that dangerous quiet that brought my senses back..quiet wey be like say my dead ancestors don dey observe one minute silence for their incoming son grin...

.That road is the closest thing in Nigeria to an Autobahn ....That road dares you to finish yourself grin

Op couldn't have said it any better tho... maintaining a safe distance while driving is key...

Although I kinda feel that Land Cruiser suffered a tyre mishap which led to the skid ....since the narrative didn't state that it was rear-ended or T-boned by another vehicle
For your sake and that of your family, please don't listen to this guy! Those of you that have liked his message, implore you to take back your like!
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by batb: 3:16am On Mar 01, 2022
buygala:
Same Airport road wey I dey blow 170km/hr regularly..these v6 engines are built to be pushed..and that road is practically the only road where I can give her some kind of latitude to show what she's got smiley...

Once did 210 on that road and everything just went quiet...it was as if my car was floating on clouds...it was that dangerous quiet that brought my senses back..quiet wey be like say my dead ancestors don dey observe one minute silence for their incoming son grin...

.That road is the closest thing in Nigeria to an Autobahn ....That road dares you to finish yourself grin

Op couldn't have said it any better tho... maintaining a safe distance while driving is key...

Although I kinda feel that Land Cruiser suffered a tyre mishap which led to the skid ....since the narrative didn't state that it was rear-ended or T-boned by another vehicle
For your sake and that of your family, please don't listen to this guy! Those of you that have liked his message, implore you to take back your likes!
Re: Keep Safe Distance: Just Witnessed A Ghastly Accident by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
God wish day u go give my own car

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Car To Buy In Nigeria [easy Maintenance And Low Fuel Consumption] / Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity / Free Diagnostic Scan/Consult In Owerri (Ended)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.