Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

My Wife Fought My Mum - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Fought My Mum (38244 Views)

Husband Who Fought With Man That Slept With His Wife Beaten To Stupor / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / Ondo Wife Fought And Locked Husband For Maltreating Her In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by budusky05(m): 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
Throw that bitch out of ur life, or else that knife will be used one day and u might not be able to tell us the details.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by AceVentura: 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2021
I blame you!

Who is entitled to go for omugwo 1st? It’s your wife’s mother that should be there in the 1st place. You brought all these upon yourself.

Your wife must have been going through postpartum depression & your obviously entitled mother didn’t see it.

Enjoy the rest of your marriage.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by GreatG(f): 1:46am On Dec 20, 2021
Solatium:

Some of you always want to shift the blame,but guess what?A wife will eventually become a mother inlaw at some point

Shift which blame? the op should tell us what happened instead of trying to paint the wife as a bad person. I just hate a one sided story

1 Like

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by EHoudini: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2021
You may forgive, for now. Never for a moment forget. At the right time, serve your revenge when she least expects it.

Make it strong and twice as strong, twice as better.
It would serve as a deterrent.

Two eyes for an eye
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Semaj77(m): 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

No dey talk wetin you no know. If you no understand, ask!

Wetin you think say omugwo be for? Vacation?
You think say na about food, and toys, and echetara'm na echetara'm?

Omugwo for Igbo land na to help woman wey just born pikin.

To help her with herself and the baby, until she's strong enough to handle things herself.

Omugwo is just tradition , it doesn't mean the wife's mother is the best person to offer this help to the wife , even a stranger with better experience can do it better than the wife's mother
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Ffhh: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
Send her packing? You guys are fortunate the Nigeria police does not do it's duty. Else it is you the guy who will be sent packing from the house. If she is smart and intelligent, even now, you will have to leave the house for her. She is not your subordinate. She is your partner.

Only a simp can tolerate nonsense from these women out there I take no shittt this is Africa stop playing with me or I bring another woman in and calm you the fuvvvkk down
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Solatium(m): 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
GreatG:

Shift which blame? the op should tell us what happened instead of trying to paint the wife as a bad person. I just hate a one sided story

Since you already know it's a one sided story and you knew the op has been lying,why do you want to him to tell you what really happened?
You already know the full gist oya tell us the true story
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 21, 2021
Vickyvice:
omugwo na plot my most mum in law and their daughter to turn her husband to puppet. I know many case

I dey gbadun your write up and reasoning for omugwo.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 21, 2021
udemzyudex:

I can tell that you're a kid.

With due respect, he is one of the most reasonable and sensible person on Nairaland. Go through his responses and you have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by udemzyudex(m): 6:48am On Dec 21, 2021
Skyview01:

With due respect, he is one of the most reasonable and sensible person on Nairaland. Go through his responses and you have a lot to learn.

That his post was filled with nonsense so I don't believe you.

We see things differently, his ideology might align with yours so you will definitely go along with whatever he says, I'm a critical thinker I don't have swallow everything put out there by someone.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 6:57am On Dec 21, 2021
udemzyudex:
s, I'm a critical thinker I don't have swallow everything put out there by someone.
Interesting claim you make of your person. Can you prove the above by pointing out exactly what portion of the comment below led you to conclude it was childish at best. undecided
Kobojunkie:
Her husband can and should adequately fill that post instead. After all, the baby was made by both of them in the marriage. undecided

It ought to be the man caring for and helping nurse his wife back to health after the ordeal, unless circumstances don't allow for it - busy work schedule for example. Oyinbo husbands dey even take time off from work in order to care for wife and baby during such times. Rarely do you see them inviting a third partyover during those times and they take turns feeding baby during night shift and all.undecided

Surely Nigeria husbands aren't shigidi that can't lift a finger to care for their own wife and kid in similar situations naw! undecided
I am curious to know how critically you infact think these things through as a person. undecided
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by udemzyudex(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim you make of your person. Can you prove the above by pointing out exactly what portion of the comment below led you to conclude it was childish at best. undecided
I am curious to know how critically you infact think these things through as a person. undecided

You talk about Oyinbo husband taking out time to care for their wife and baby like some African men don't do same , you were so confidence and I begin to wonder how many years you've spend abroad to gather this data.

When it comes to taking care of child especially a new born baby, there is a lot at stake.
I don't know how it is done over there, I'm basing my assertion on the Nigerian setting.

Omugwo is necessary depending on the experience of the couples, take for example if they are just having their first child, the lady might be very weak and she will need someone to take care of her, in most casing they use hot water to press her body, attend to her wounds in the bathroom till she get her strength back.
The woman that comes for the Omugwo will also be the one to bath the baby, I'm sure you've seen where a new born baby take his/her bath, they will have to help massage the body and all that.

An inexperience couples won't be able to do that, the wife will be able to do this on her own probably after the 2nd or 3rd child, by then Omugwo might not necessarily be important, they can decide to allow anyone to come or not and of recent the federal government approved paternity leave.

So comparing oyinbo way of doing things to ours doesn't make sense, their health system is different, and I believe you don't even know how it is done over there and saying they don't invite third parties over gave you over as a kid.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Dec 21, 2021
udemzyudex:
1. You talk about Oyinbo husband taking out time to care for their wife and baby like some African men don't do same , you were so confidence and I begin to wonder how many years you've spend abroad to gather this data.

2. When it comes to taking care of child especially a new born baby, there is a lot at stake.
I don't know how it is done over there, I'm basing my assertion on the Nigerian setting.

Omugwo is necessary depending on the experience of the couples, take for example if they are just having their first child, the lady might be very weak and she will need someone to take care of her, in most casing they use hot water to press her body, attend to her wounds in the bathroom till she get her strength back. The woman that comes for the Omugwo will also be the one to bath the baby, I'm sure you've seen where a new born baby take his/her bath, they will have to help massage the body and all that.

3. An inexperience couples won't be able to do that, the wife will be able to do this on her own probably after the 2nd or 3rd child, by then Omugwo might not necessarily be important, they can decide to allow anyone to come or not and of recent the federal government approved paternity leave.

4. So comparing oyinbo way of doing things to ours doesn't make sense, their health system is different, and I believe you don't even know how it is done over there and saying they don't invite third parties over gave you over as a kid.
1. And right off the bat, the core problem of understanding surfaces .... the discussion you jumped into was in reference to Omugwo tradition which essentially "spares" Nigerian families who subscribe to it, the full experience of caring for their newly delivered baby and wife. I believe I mentioned this several times in the discussion too. undecided

2. Maybe I should ask questions to help you critically process this one for yourself. undecided

How do couples who do not have omugwo traditions handle a case such as the one you described there in bold? 100's of thousands of babies are born each day across the world, many of them to inexperienced couples with no third-party to come to their aide. How do they handle themselves? Does the husband abandon the wife and child to doctors in the hospital? Or does the husband step in to care for his wife and child in the absence of a third-party to come to their aide? undecided

3. Really? Are you suggesting that omugwo tradition is the norm and solution for all inexperienced couples who find themselves in similar situations world over? undecided

4. What? You mean the conditions that make your omugwo tradition logical for those who subscribe to it are unique only to them? undecided
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by BluntCrazeMan: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2021
DjBigMoni:
Thank God for safe delivery, even though it was CS everything went successful.

So my mum came around for Omugwo first and ever since my wife had been having issues with her. it got to the extent my wife pulled a knife on my mum and I, she even fought my mum before she left.

So her mum now came around for Omugwo also and I have not been giving her face even despite she has apologised with my wife also and even her Dad. But I'm still finding it difficult to forgive her don't know why.
It's your wife that is the problem.
Not her mother.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by xjiggy: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mariangeles:
Have you considered the fact that your wife might be going or might've gone through postpartum depression, which might've led to that behaviour?

Were she and your mum having problems before your wife got pregnant and had a baby?

N.B. Postpartum depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour, it is real.
Firstly, postpartum depression is suffered mostly by women who had the experience of Natural birth delivery. Secondly, it is not a selective disorder. The guy should try and put his house in order.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Amazing Moment Nigerian Lady Is Reunited With Her Kids & Hubby In UK (pics/vid) / Why Do Many Married Men Cheat On Their Wives? / Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.