Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

My Wife Fought My Mum - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Fought My Mum (38251 Views)

Husband Who Fought With Man That Slept With His Wife Beaten To Stupor / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / Ondo Wife Fought And Locked Husband For Maltreating Her In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by sunjai(f): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:

Sorry dear.
Keep hanging on.
It'll help to talk about it with someone who understands.
thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
DjBigMoni:
Thank God for safe delivery, even though it was CS everything went successful.

So my mum came around for Omugwo first and ever since my wife had been having issues with her. it got to the extent my wife pulled a knife on my mum and I, she even fought my mum before she left.

So her mum now came around for Omugwo also and I have not been giving her face even despite she has apologised with my wife also and even her Dad. But I'm still finding it difficult to forgive her don't know why.
OP you have already said somewhere on the thread that your wife has a hot temper, so all those trying to excuse her actions as being possibly caused by depression, should realise that depression may cause a woman to behave out of the ordinary if under extreme stress, but I doubt it could change a woman's character.
A calm gentle woman is unlikely to become abusive or violent , your wife violent actions occurred because it was already in her character and this matter is extremely serious.
On many levels this is a red flag that cannot be ignored and must be addressed.
First and foremost, start by according your mother-in-law the respect she deserves, to demonstrate that your own parents taught you how to behave.
Her behaviour shows she is capable of attempting to murder not only you, but your mother and by extension members of your family.
She is also showing that she is negligent of her own health to be fighting whilst healing from a major operation, meaning in those moments her anger is such that she wasn't valuing her own life.

This means if she cannot see much value in her life how can she see value in another person's life hence her ability to attempt to murder someone in that moment of rage.

Even your baby child's life can be taken by her during such periods or anger.

That is why I say her actions cannot be ignored.

She cannot be left alone especially with the baby because her actions have passed depression and have enter psychotic.

Arrange additional helper(s) of her choice to assist her and move out of the house for a week or more to calm down. It may also show how serious what she done was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Oyiboman69: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It ought not to be a tradition/custom though. undecided

How many married men would, after having to be directly involved, and in charge of caring for wife and child- we are talking being hands own here I.e. changing diapers, feeding, bathing, massaging the mother, waking up at night to feed and change baby or sing said baby to sleep - this during the first 6 to 9 months after birth, opt for several more of that experience? undecided

Some men would say no more kids after 1 or 2. Your Omugwos while helpful to some, serves as a serious impediment and ought to seize as a tradition. undecided
I support you arguing of bringing issues to some family but you condemning it is very wrong. do you know after delivery, a lot is needed to be done from bathing of the baby to bathing the mother also with a very hot water which she would not be able to do on by herself cos there is some pain attach to it in the process and also keeping a close look on the baby and the mother?... In addition, failure to do those things also result to some after effect on both of them. besides, how can a man have the chance and time to take of a nursing mother in the in this present Nigeria when all you bring financially is not enough?.... me wen my wife born,I no even fit cope with her and the baby for the same bed,cos after a hectic day, I got to sleep well so as to get healthy for the next day hustling....

from your write up, I can also deduced that your a single guy so,in this context, don't condemn the process... that girl is ill mannered devil,I won't tolerate such person around me...
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Elporo(m): 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
eyinjuege:

The major problem many mothers (whether new or old) struggle with abroad is childcare. It's hard to get any help abroad with that, unless you're ready to pay major big bucks, which is more expensive than even bringing someone in from Nigeria to help you.

Why u dey answer the small boy. undecided
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oyiboman69:
1. for no matter any reasons should any woman embarkon such toxicity...

2. Someone said it could be as a result of the pregnancy, and now that she's given birth, she's still displaying her witchcraft.

3. there is no moral justification for her actions cos fighting an elderly woman who is old enough to be her mother is evil and should be condemned it it's entirety. had I be the man,no one will step her foot inside my house especially her mother or I'll vacate the house and the marriage....

4. All these is ad a result of lack of proper upbringing from the parents especially the mother. Will you fell good in any way if your brother's wife beat up your mother or if your daughter in-law fights you for whatever reasons?
1. You don't know what precipitated her actions.... hence the reason why it is best to hear from the horses mouth on this. It could have been the case that the MIL threatened to take the baby away the woman in question. We don't know until the OP reveals the truth. undecided

2. Postpartum depression does not go away after pregnancy. Sometimes it lasts years afterwards. It is not some predictable phenomenon and should not be treated as such. undecided

3. Old women are humans and are prone to errors, aren't they?, undecided

4. If my mother is out-of-line, she is out-of-line. I try to judge all things fairly - no favoritism. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:
Have you considered the fact that your wife might be going or might've gone through postpartum depression, which might've led to that behaviour?

Were she and your mum having problems before your wife got pregnant and had a baby?

N.B. Postpartum depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour, it is real.
So husband don't get postpartum depression during wife's pregnancy for all the hustling to put food on the table, right? Because when it comes to women's issue, you guys have name for it. I may be going out of the topic, it absolute bullshit from his wife. She won't let her husband mother to visit for Omugo but she prefer her own mother. Why didn't her fight her own Mother? The way you guys defend your fellow women online, despite their witchcraft actions, you ladies still defend them. It makes me judge you ladies as same. Attending the same coven
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Well my mum is a perfect person. Since I grew up and became an adult I ve never seen my mum quarrel with anybody much unlike most women in the neighborhood where I grew up. Even if my mum wasn't perfect, I expect anyone around me (particularly my wife) to condole whatever behavior or act of indiscretion my mum may exhibit in the cause of her temporary stay with us. Any woman or anybody who hesitate to understand this is not fit be in my nucleus

Till then, respect is reciprocal.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by DarkJeddi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:
Have you considered the fact that your wife might be going or might've gone through postpartum depression, which might've led to that behaviour?

Were she and your mum having problems before your wife got pregnant and had a baby?

Very convenient..

Guess her postpartum depression..

Is selective on who she unleashes the consequences on.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by BAVOSKI(m): 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:

But the depression isn't apply to her mum Right?
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Blyzz:
So husband don't get postpartum depression during wife's pregnancy for all the hustling to put food on the table, right? Because when it comes to women's issue, you guys have name for it. I may be going out of the topic, it absolute bullshit from his wife. She won't let her husband mother to visit for Omugo but she prefer her own mother. Why didn't her fight her own Mother? The way you guys defend your fellow women online, despite their witchcraft actions, you ladies still defend them. It makes me judge you ladies as same. Attending the same coven

Small man, see you later. I thought I was explaining this is to someone wey get sense. So you feel women don't provide for the family, guy try get sense cus most women are providers these days. Bye
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by macrodata(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
Vickyvice:
my brother forget this omugwo yeye philosophy wey poor people invent. My sisters are married and given birth, but my mum no go. She just arrange baby accessories,,, clothes, toys, and their soaps, powder, foods and fill their kitchen with assorted foods, by waybill them abroad,. What's omugwo? Na low mentality slang. Like say we be low grade family, na so my mum go mumu leave her lecturing work wey she even dey look for more time to conclude research, dey urge to go abroad for omugwo, as if she's the first mother in law in d world, or na she be the first grandmum on earth, I hate to hear this useless term,,, omugwo. Africa and their useless mentality. It's is devised to attempt control the husband.
If you're a lady, someday you'll understand the value of our tradition. If your mom don't have time to attend it's understandable but don't make it seem like it's a waste of time & useless because you are woke.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oyiboman69:
1. I support you arguing of bringing issues to some family but you condemning it is very wrong. do you know after delivery, a lot is needed to be done from bathing of the baby to bathing the mother also with a very hot water which she would not be able to do on by herself cos there is some pain attach to it in the process and also keeping a close look on the baby and the mother?...

2. In addition, failure to do those things also result to some after effect on both of them. besides, how can a man have the chance and time to take of a nursing mother in the in this present Nigeria when all you bring financially is not enough?.... me wen my wife born,I no even fit cope with her and the baby for the same bed,cos after a hectic day, I got to sleep well so as to get healthy for the next day hustling....

3. from your write up, I can also deduced that your a single guy so,in this context, don't condemn the process... that girl is ill mannered devil,I won't tolerate such person around me...
1. That is why she has a husband to do that job ... he is her 'helper' after all. undecided

2. Men/husbands across the world, take care of their nursing wife and baby every day. Nigerian men aren't shihidi. undecided

In some countries, men wake up earlier than usual to bath their baby, cook the meal for the day, prepare bottles and refrigerate them, boil hot water, even bath their wife, this before leaving for work each morning and until the wife is able to get on her feet to help. Why can't a Nigerian man be expected to do the same in his own marriage? undecided

3. Single guy because I don't see the Nigerian situation and man as you do. Look, it is time people wake up from the Nigerian mentality that is nothing but normalized foolishness, ok? There is everything wrong with settling and accepting what amounts to foolishness as the norm. undecided
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ninisun:

Small man, see you later. I thought I was explaining this is to someone wey get sense. So you feel women don't provide for the family, guy try get sense cus most women are providers these days. Bye
woman are greedy, they have a limit to what they do. Of course, they provide. But why must you support your fellow women even while she did wrong. Ain't that witchcraft? You already gave a name for the cause of her action. Btw, why did you call me small man, & don't bye me sad
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
irunoko:
exactly.not an overbearing older woman. its easier for a nursing mother to heal faster if she's being assisted by someone who is loving and understanding not someone that would be aggravating her or giving her issues
Even better if her husband, her 'helper' in her marriage, is the one assisting her instead. undecided
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Blyzz:
woman are greedy, they have a limit to what they do. Of course, they provide. But why must you support your fellow women even while she did wrong. Ain't that witchcraft? You already gave a name for the cause of her action. Btw, why did you call me small man, & don't bye me sad

You can't be a good counselor, so he should dissolve his marriage because she fought with his mother? Try to create a room for reconciliation.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by jaxxy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Forgive her for what? undecided
What did the woman do that you are trying to forgive her for? undecided

Or are you somehow not properly processing processing guilt of what happened in your mom's case and trying to make your wife's mom pay instead? undecided

So u will accept ur own mum isn’t welcomed in ur house because of ur wife?? Who draws a knife on her mother in-law?? undecided

Or that’s perfectly normal behavior to u?
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mires: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:

So the Postpartum depression is individual sensitive such that it won't extend to her biological mother right?
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Emaprince:
1. You want the husband yo help nurse his wife to good health right? So he should stop working and sit at home with the nursing mother so he can properly look after them? Do you know the kind of job these MILs does when the man is away for work?

2. And for those questioning why the hubby's mom had to come..thats how its done. Both MILs has the right to come but from my experience, the hubby's mom usually stay for a brief moment, assist the woman and then leave. The wife's mom usually stay for a longer period of time. But in this country where these jezebels already have ill feelings towards there MILs.. they won't even like seeing the MIL carrying their babies who is the old womans grand child o.

3. Anyway..men whose wives fight their mom already presents themselves as weakmen that can't control their homes.
1. The husband doesn't need to stop working in order to help nurse his wife and baby back to health. In most cases, all he needs do is help feed and care for the baby, help prepare the wife and baby for the day - bath them, prepare food, and make them comfortable before he leaves for work and repeat after work. Millions of husbands/men across the world do this every day, so I see no reason why the Nigerian man should claim exceptions for himself. undecided

2. The tradition is wrong and needs to be revised. It diminishes the man's experience as a 'helper' in his own marriage. undecided

3. Wrong! A marriage is an agreement between a man and woman...no third-parties are included in the contract. The moms ought to stay in their own marriages instead. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Owiii(m): 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
DjBigMoni:

So my mum came around for Omugwo first and ever since my wife had been having issues with her. it got to the extent my wife pulled a knife on my mum and I, she even fought my mum before she left.

So her mum now came around for Omugwo also and I have not been giving her face even despite she has apologised with my wife also and even her Dad. But I'm still finding it difficult to forgive her don't know why.
Oga why did you allow your mother to come for the Omugwo when her mother is still alive? You started all this and now you want to blame it all in your wife abi. May your conscience judge you to this.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Funflipper: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:

"Have you considered the fact that your wife might be going or might've gone through postpartum depression, which might've led to that behaviour?"

I beg wetin? Na only Nigerian women dey born pikin? They always come up with this flimsy excuse to justify their wickedness and horrible behaviour. There is nothing in this world that should warrant a wife putting her hands on her mother-inlaw. Not even madness.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by benqo01(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
The best person to come for omugwo is from wife's family unless they are not available.

Moreover, do not take it against her as the person above me have told you she may be suffering from
postpartum depression.

Despite that please let her own people come first

Stop giving excuses here if she was suffering from such can she raise knife on her own mother?
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by TheKingsmann(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
TheKingsmann1:
my brother I been too suffer for this life, women just dey turn me down, na my mama come sponsor me for school still come do make I get job and become a responsible person, then later for life one stranger wey Dem call wife to come chase my mama away.
Tufiakwa.
You will never be a responsible person udeme triumph the Calabar dog eater and scammer unless you give ur life to christ
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
NaijaHelper1:

You're an incredibly insensitive and stupid woman. I believe this is some crap woke agenda you have going on here.
1. So a man should handle the economic affairs of the house and still take out the time to attend to domestic issues when there are willing and ready hands who can adequately dispatch those duties.

2. What's wrong with a MIL coming to help out? She is experienced and has a vested interest in the welfare of both nursing mother and child.

3. Why don't you lay out your contributions and allow more sensible people to state theirs?
Why are some people so dumb?
1. Yes! Men and husbands world over do it daily, so I don't see why a Nigerian man should get a pass as if he is busier than all. undecided.

2. MIL coming in to help takes away from an experience that is meant for a husband and wife in the marriage. undecided

3. That is exactly what I continue to do here. I have not stopped you from airing your opinions, have I? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Oyiboman69: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. You don't know what precipitated her actions.... hence the reason why it is best to hear from the horses mouth on this. It could have been the case that the MIL threatened to take the baby away the woman in question. We don't know until the OP reveals the truth. undecided

2. Postpartum depression does not go away after pregnancy. Sometimes it lasts years afterwards. It is not some predictable phenomenon and should not be treated as such. undecided

3. Old women are humans and are prone to errors, aren't they?, undecided

4. If my mother is out-of-line, she is out-of-line. I try to judge all things fairly - no favoritism. undecided
her place is to report her attitude to the son not displaying her perpetual madness... and as for you,,it is either you don't know women or you're just trying to apply unwarranted diplomacy in your judgement....
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by lagosrd: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
See if you allow this kind of thing to continue without proper care, a worse one is on its way. She and her mother must apologize to your mother in the same manner she disgraced her and you yourself must not allow that kind of behavior with treat that you will abandoned her and the kid. The earlier the better
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by ceeceeuwa: 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
DjBigMoni:
No other reason, she even had to threaten my life again after my mum incident, wanted to pure me hot water in the presence of her mum all because I said I'll still deal with her after all the pleading. she still begged for forgiveness that night
You are on a long thing! I am sure you saw those signs during courtship. Carry your cross!
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by 77up(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mariangeles:

Postpartum kee you dia undecided

Op, I don't know why women hate to see mother in law and it's funny knowing fully well that they will also become one later.

Similar case is happening around me currently, that wife hates her mother inlaw with passion even though the woman have turned herself to a low budget house maid just to please the wife.

I support the first comment , don't allow her mum too, tell her to leave angry
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by TrumpDonald2: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
DjBigMoni:

I thought it's the brides mother that comes for Omugwo? Your mum shouldn't have come at least not first. You did wrong there man. Forgive her that she fought your mum but she needed her mother and not yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why Do Many Married Men Cheat On Their Wives? / Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / Judge This Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.