Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent (12922 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan / Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by akojispy: 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2021
Since you can do small introduction and food sharing why don't you use it and do your Nikkah don't you heard what Allah subhanallah watta Allah he said the best of all weddings is the one with less expenses brother since ustill can feed some people your Nikkah can happen bro cut your cloth jhare

2 Likes

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Sirseedorf(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your contribution towards this topic, and am assuring you that I will make the very best of your contribution useful.

Can I know more about the SADAKI ...

2 Likes

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Sirseedorf(m): 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
[quote author=akojispy post=108961646]Since you can do small introduction and food sharing why don't you use it and do your Nikkah don't you heard what Allah subhanallah watta Allah he said the best of all weddings is the one with less expenses brother since ustill can feed some people your Nikkah can happen bro cut your cloth jhare

Thanks brother...
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Sirseedorf(m): 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
[quote author=edimaan post=108959106]

There are 4 conditions that make a man and a woman husband and wife in Islam.

1. Offer and acceptance

2. Parents' consent especially that of the father

3. The Mahr

4. Witnesses (at least 2, I think)

If all these 4 are achieved during the Introduction, the woman is already the man's wife. She can cook for him. They can have sex together.

Allah knows best.

PS: Islam is a very simple religion. We shouldn't make things complicated or difficult for us with our traditions. The so-called Introduction is a Yoruba culture.

Salam Alhaekum.

Please brother can you explain each of the for obligations you mention much better.
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Rajman45(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
edimaan:

Sadaki (Mahr) is anything a man gives his wife-to-be. It could be money, it could be a book, it could be a laptop, etc. It could be anything as long as the wife-to-be accepts it. It is one of the conditions of marriage in Islam.

Wa alaykum salam
Is not one of.... Is the major condition for marriage, ones the both families accept each other.
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Mrsolaiya: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
You can easily convert the so called introduction to Nikah by doing just four thing and you earn the reward of completing half of your Deen.
1 offer and acceptance.I.e seek the consent of ur wife that you want her to be ur wife
2.seek the consent of her father and let him say it publicly that he gives his daughter out to you as wife
3. Ask ur wife Tobe anything she wants as mahr and give it to her.note that it must be what she wants
4.there should be two witnesses to testify to the marriage contract.
Allah knows best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by edimaan: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
Sirseedorf:

Salam Alhaekum.

Please brother can you explain each of the for obligations you mention much better.

1. Offer and acceptance: You and your wife-to-be agree to love and marry each other.

2. Parents' consent especially that of the father: Father gives consent to your union. The father accepts you to be the husband to his daughter.

3. Mahr: Give your wife-to-be anything she demands. E.g. money, Quran, a book, laptop, etc.

4. Witnesses: At least two persons must be witnesses to you coming together as husband and wife, apart from your parents.

With all these 4, Nikkah is established in Islam.

Other things like wedding ceremony, introduction, traditional wedding, white wedding, etc, are just ceremonies. If you're buoyant enough, you can go for them. They are not haram.

1 Like

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Hkff: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
You mean she is not cooking for you yet
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by victoriousman11(m): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
eburuu:
As a muslim convert....I will use this opportunity to tanks all my friends for introducing me to such wonderful and peaceful religion....Happy juma to you all niraland its my 10years of been a Muslim and it will be forever atrkbir
Alihamdulillah for that.
I’m so happy for you my dear brother/sister in Islam
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Am4obama(m): 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
I am a Muslim (Yoruba) and i have this Hausa lady i want to marry from North. The lady has accepted my proposal,and has given me what she wanted for her Sadaki. But there's one problem... The father refuse to give her out because of tribal sentiments. But the mother supported us. In this scenario, what can be done to make this marriage work? Should I let go of her, but she truly loves me and I love her too
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by chillychill(f): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2021
edimaan:

1. Offer and acceptance

3. The Mahr

If all these 4 are achieved during your Introduction, the woman is already your wife. She can cook for you. You can have sex together.

Allah knows best.

All dis isn't marriage without dowry n acceptance from the two sides oga. If d dowry isn't paid she isn't his wife n she isn't allowed to cook for him or have sex with him n
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by chillychill(f): 8:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
edimaan:

1. Offer and acceptance

3. The Mahr

If all these 4 are achieved during your Introduction, the woman is already your wife. She can cook for you. You can have sex together.

Allah knows best.

All dis isn't marriage without dowry oga. If d dowry isn't paid she isn't his wife n she isn't allowed to cook for him or have sex with him.
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Codepain: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
Am4obama:
I am a Muslim (Yoruba) and i have this Hausa lady i want to marry from North. The lady has accepted my proposal,and has given me what she wanted for her Sadaki. But there's one problem... The father refuse to give her out because of tribal sentiments. But the mother supported us. In this scenario, what can be done to make this marriage work? Should I let go of her, but she truly loves me and I love her too
The father of the bride must agree to her choice of suitor else the nikkah is void and null.
It's a different thing if it's the mother of the bride.
I suggest you deploy all the persuasion tools in your arsenal.
That man must agree or the wedding is not accepted.
Sheik Rashduct4luv and Sheik Lukgaf.
Did I say the tight thing?
And Allah know best

2 Likes

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Lukgaf(m): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2022
Codepain:

The father of the bride must agree to her choice of suitor else the nikkah is void and null.
It's a different thing if it's the mother of the bride.
I suggest you deploy all the persuasion tools in your arsenal.
That man must agree or the wedding is not accepted.
Sheik Rashduct4luv and Sheik Lukgaf.
Did I say the tight thing?
And Allah know best

Yes Shayk, her father (waliyy) must give his consent.. consider sending his relatives to him

3 Likes

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by DonroxyII: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2022
Highlyrespected:
Salamualaikum!
Can someone kindly explain the meaning of sadaki to me?
Bride Price = sadaki !

2 Likes

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by DonroxyII: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2022
mofy1:
Feminist have come again. What happens to cooking for one's husband. If you must know,there is a reward for doing it. Am married and I do the cooking with joy and pride though my husband help atimes. Mr poster need I remind you that you don't need a fortune to do your nikkah. Most of us do introduction and take years, month before nikkah because we want to go elaborate and break record. Please do the needful soon Ramadan is fast approaching. Assalam alaikum warahmatuLlah wabarakatuhu.
Common, Why should a Man marry solely because he needs someone to be cooking for him because he is tired of going to the kitchen?

You didn't see where he stated he is not financially bouyant ?

Did your husband married you because he needed a Cook ? For Ramadan ? Or because he needed a life patner ?

Allahu A'lam alla Quli-Shein !

Wa aleikum Sallam Waramatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

1 Like

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by DonroxyII: 9:08am On Jan 04, 2022
Am4obama:
chillychill, Lukgaf, motayoayinde kindly respond!

1 Like

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by motayoayinde: 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
Am4obama:

IF THE FATHER HAS RESUFED ASSENT FOR NO OTHER REASON EXCEPT TRIBAL DIFFERENCES (which I must agree is quite common), THEN HE HAS DISOBEYED OUR PROPHET WHO HAS TOLD US TO MARRY OUR DAUGHTERS TO ONE WITH EXCELLENT DEEN AND XTER.

IF HOWEVER HE HAS REFUSED ASSENT BECAUSE OF A FAULT IN YOUR XTER OR DEEN, THEN HE HAS A RIGHT TO THAT.

IN ANY CASE THOUGH, THE POWER IS HIS TO ACCEPT OR REFUSE TO GIVE YOU HER DAUGHTER.

IF YOU'RE FREE FROM BLAME IN THIS, (going by the above), YOU CAN PERSUADE HIM FURTHER AND PRAY TO ALLAH FOR GUIDANCE, KNOWING THAT HE KNOWS ALL THAT WE DO NOT KNOW.

IF HE AGREES THEN IT'S FINE.
IF HE DOESN'T, YOU SHOULD TRUST THAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
REFER TO QUR'AN 2 VERSE 216.

MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU AND ALL OF US.
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Sirseedorf(m): 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
Can I ask my fiance what she wants for Sadaki without anyone's knowledge...?

Can I still give her what she ask for , between us only.
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by chillychill(f): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
DonroxyII:

Hmm � the little knowledge I have about marriage in Islam is u have to gain d consent of both parents (fada n moda). He probably have his own reasons sha. Its even one of d important tins u do before marriage. if one is not supporting dere re ways u can convince him/her(probably tru an elder within ur family n d brides family, ur amir or imam n so on.. )dis set of ppl might even get him to talk about y he isn't giving his daughter to u. d moda herself can even change his mind( u no we women na we Sabi twist tins in front of u men tongue) If he keeps saying u can't marry her den let her be,u can't marry someone her fada didn't give u his consent. Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Lukgaf(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2022
DonroxyII:

Send people to her dad.... it's the consent of her dad not her mum
Re: Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent by Sirseedorf(m): 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
Very educative post...keep it coming guys

Ramadan Kareem

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Muslim Marriage In Brief / Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective / 16th Century Ottoman Ad For An Imam Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.