Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means (12400 Views)

The Wages Of Sin / Dorime: Here Is What Era's ‘ameno’ Really Means, It's Not Really Demonic / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Handsum64: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2022
This is where Christians become so delusional thinking that Jesus died for their sins and they continue with atrocities everywhere
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by nkemoma(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2022
At death, you have paid for your sins... No further punishment.

Proving that the burning of people in HELL FIRE is a false teaching not supported in the bible.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Lanretoye(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2022
It means if you don't sin,you wont die.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by uthlaw: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2022
lomprico:
The price to pay for your sins is death unless u repent.
why do people that also do good dies...so those that repent won't die,make ena de think b4 talking!
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by HacheNoire: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I already explained it to you... Death as the wages of sin is of the Old Covenant - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 & Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36 undecided

In God's New Covenant, however, Death is not the wages of sin, instead eternal damnation is - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided

Old and new testament grin grin grin

I have never seen a book as contradictory as the Bible. Its says A in new testament and B in old testament.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by disuolan: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
The Holy Quran made us understand how MERCIFUL GOD is. For the wicked ones are given several opportunities to repent (to live long).
Do good always and don't die (in the hands of wicked) young and the wicked repent before dying...May GOD forgive us all
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by nesgeeek(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
it means spiritual death, for example, once u start committing sin it will draw or seperate u away from God. remember the Bible says. sin separate a person away from his maker. And once u are being separated way from your maker that person will be reduce to nothing. "Death" means things will not move fine as it suppose to be.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by pansophist(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
"Sin" should be understood as actions/thoughts that dont push you to the ideal, and "death" should be understood as suffering. Having cleared that up, the true meaning in an earthly context is that an individual will suffer immeasurably when they sins/act in ways that are not good.

One of the bitter truth people hardly admit to themselves is that, a huge part of why they suffer is their fault. That you're the architect of your own suffering. Look around you, a huge portion of humans suffering is because they don't live right. Giving and taking is a natural law, and when you give, you'll easily recieve. And if you're wicked to others, life itself will be wicked to you.

Living uprightly doesn't mean you're naive, it's basically means that you're a "master of being", and that's a skill itself that most folks never heard of, talk more of understanding what it means. As a start, living uprightly is not having lots of money, because money even compounds the suffering if you're not a good person, but improves your life if you're good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Amtasiu(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Please  people should help me I am stranded and confused right now.
I collects contribution to run a business which I truly started.
Unfortunately, I ,my wife and ourbaby left home to see my sick mother only to come back and meet our door broken.
#294,500 (Two Hundred and Ninety Four Thousand Five Hundred) was carted away from my room.
My business is collapsed now. 
I and my family can barely eat now with huge debt.
I have never plan to beg before. 
Please help me to pay the debt no amount is small please.  
Any amount you help me with God Almighty will give you back in manifold.
Acc. No 0111499879
GTB 
Thanks God bless you
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Middleborn: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2022
We are all sinners as a result of being offsprings of Adam. We have inherited sin.

What that means is that we die. Inherited sin has brought death to us. Death is the price we pay because of inherited sin.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Ungodly: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2022
lomprico:
won’t we all die whether you sin or not?
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Ungodly: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not hear that the wicked must eat the fruits of their wickedness?

So they have to live to see and eat their destruction before they Die!

So what about the good doers who die young? Do they not deserve to live long to eat their good deeds before they die?
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by iamjavadem(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Meaning so far nobody has repented since we have all been dying.
lomprico:
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by JIREN01: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2022
itsme01:

Some people misjudged as saints are sometimes more wicked than the ones we know to be wicked
You're too stubborn. Does it mean all supposedly kind-hearted people who die young are secretly wicked? Or in so far you die untimely, you must have been wicked? There's no one-way rule to life, you can be th most generous and religious person on earth and die untimely. Someone like Mugabe, on the contrary, killed a lot of people and died in his 90's. Gowon killed millions of ibos during the Biafra war and is still alive till this day.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by tollyboy5(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2022
Emusan:

Truly there more to it but only if you can start the reading from previous chapters especially 5.

I'll quote some part of chapter 5 to shield more light on it.

Firstly, as you rightly asked "why do we believe everyone will still die?" Apostle Paul who wrote that "The wages of sin is death" also knows this fact you pointed out as can be seen in verse 12

Secondly, Now why is it that the wages of sin is death? This can also be seen from chapter 5.

Pay attention to the @underlined key words

9 "...we will also be kept safe from God’s anger."

Adam and Christ

12 Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die...In some ways Adam is like Christ who came later. 15 But the gift that God was kind enough to give was very different from Adam’s sin. That one sin brought death to many others... 16 There is a lot of difference between Adam’s sin and God’s gift. 18 Everyone was going to be punished because Adam sinned. But because of the good thing that Christ has done, God accepts us and gives us the gift of life. 19 Adam disobeyed God and caused many others to be sinners. But Jesus obeyed him and will make many people acceptable to God."

In conclusion, you can see that everyone was going to be punished as a result of Adam's sin. So this punishment is death though not only physical death but also going into nonexistent state of man but the Gift of Christ made God accepted us back that is giving us another chance to live instead of going into a state of nonexistent.

So if we continue to allow sin to reign in us and refuse to accept the gift that Christ paid for, we'll get DEATH as the gift of sin.
I've noticed alot of doctrine practise by christian came from paul's teaching who was not a deciple . He went too extreme with his teaching.
I believe people follow his teaching ignorantly
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by mysticwarrior(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2022
If the wages of sin is death then why is buhari still alive?
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by HEAVEN4444: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2022
when you sin part of your soul dies. when your soul dies you start looking funny. jut think of your soul as the battery to your body. when the battery is weak and malfunctioning your body malfunctions ( cancer, alzeihmers, diabetes, stroke , kidney disease etc etc ). and so a part of you dies when you sin. hence the saying THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH. not instant death but gradual death
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Tushed: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Being dead or alive is a realm of consciousness...Not breathing in and out.

Death is a state of separation from God.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by kumulus(m): 9:48am On Jan 02, 2022
The result or outcome for deviating from what's true, not following instructions/commandments, not obeying the voice of Truth for whatsoever reason (usually "fear" ) is a loss (death) of the potentials/glory inherent in doing otherwise. If the individual instead chooses to believe or have faith in upholding and following what's true, he shall have life in abundance.

If you gerrit you gerrit, if you don't gerrit..... forget about it.

wink
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Alusiizizi(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2022
Solofresh2:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders

Well, am sure we all are aware of the Bible verse that says "the wages of sin is death"
But to my knowledge,I find out that all humans must die and even some wicked people we know still live longer than the ones we call saints.

Sometimes, you will see some wicked people live so long till old age before they die and you will also see some kind hearted people dying young.

If the wages of sin is death,then why do this wicked people live long and why do we believe everyone will still die

I think there is more to this Bible verse than we see it

Please any one with good knowledge should explain.Thanks

One must never interpret the bible literally. In the bible times and even now in some societies, men generally had two phases of life, the earthly life and the after-life. The concept of after-life may have been described in terms which vary across societies but the idea was more or less similar cross-culturally, so everyone will eventually be separated from earthly life, true, but the sins committed on earth will determine the nature of your after-life or if you will even be granted one to begin with. Earthly life is temporary while after-life is eternal.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Solofresh2:

Well, am sure we all are aware of the Bible verse that says "the wages of sin is death"
But to my knowledge,I find out that all humans must die and even some wicked people we know still live longer than the ones we call saints.

Sometimes, you will see some wicked people live so long till old age before they die and you will also see some kind hearted people dying young.

If the wages of sin is death,then why do this wicked people live long and why do we believe everyone will still die

The wages of sin is dead. We all have sin and come short of the glory of God. There is no human being on earth that haven't sinned. Whether u later repented or not doesn't take the fact away that u have sinned. So as a result u must be paid that wages which is death.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Mavrick2012: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2022
lomprico:
if you repent you will live longer?
If yes,how come we still see thousands of Christians die Young?
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Bifas1: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2022
Death is inevictable; but you can't compare the death of a wicked man with that of a genuine child of God.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by MossLuv: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2022
To me, the death refer to here is the death after this life... Eternal death. The wicked will die and go to hell and spend the eternity. The saint will still live after death.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by 1EmmyKay: 9:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Proof
Amtasiu:
Please  people should help me I am stranded and confused right now.
I collects contribution to run a business which I truly started.
Unfortunately, I ,my wife and ourbaby left home to see my sick mother only to come back and meet our door broken.
#294,500 (Two Hundred and Ninety Four Thousand Five Hundred) was carted away from my room.
My business is collapsed now. 
I and my family can barely eat now with huge debt.
I have never plan to beg before. 
Please help me to pay the debt no amount is small please.  
Any amount you help me with God Almighty will give you back in manifold.
Acc. No 0111499879
GTB 
Thanks God bless you
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by LollySeaSide: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2022
IfIPerishIPeris:
Sin kills you Spiritually, and Guarantees you Destruction and Death in Hell.
There is no such thing as "death in hell".
People in hell are (will be) alive but suffering greatly.
There are several Bible passages to support that.
I'll just give you the reference to Jesus' narration about the rich man and Father Abraham. Luke 17:22-24.
And remember that in Mark 9:46, Jesus describes hell as a place where "their worms die not". Once anything goes into hell, it will no longer die but be tormented for eternity.
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by wisdom042(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2022
God will judge everyone according to their deeds live right and stop waiting for someone to die so u can tag it wages of sin is death!
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Zacshot: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2022
Wages of sin is death
The reward of not following the precepts of God leads to separation from God and that means not getting your spiritual nourishment that gives contentment, joy, life (vitality) peace and freedom which are supplanted by the opposites referred to as death...anything that doesn't encourage life is death
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by ejimatic: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2022
Solofresh2:

Man has inherited sin from Adam so when a man dies he pays the debt of the sin he inherits.The result of that sin is death
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Jones4190(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2022
Sin has no power over man again, Jesus has paid /purchase sin with his precious blood, people are no longer going to hell because of sin again, people will go to hell because they rejected Jesus who paid and purchase sin with his blood, that is why the bible says once you make that statement that Jesus is you personal lord and savior, you are already free from the bondage of sin
Re: What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means by Electrochemistry(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2022
God does not see things the way we see them. He's more concerned about our eternity in heaven rather than our transient existence here on Earth. God Himself, being a spirit, places more emphases on the eternal. In Genesis the Bible says the day you eat of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil you shall surely die. But did Adam and Eve die on the said day? no! Adam lived 930 years before he died. Adam's death had been spiritually decided before it was manifested. This is the way our world is operated. Our life had been scripted from the spiritual realm; we're only acting out the script.

Jesus Christ came to a fig tree but found no fruit on it therefore He cursed it saying no one will eat from the tree again (the death of the tree was decided) but in the sight of the desciples around the tree is still alive. However, when Jesus and His disciples were coming back His disciples were amazed that the tree had withered. The wages of sin is death, though you're still alive you're dead spiritually. Like people would say, the person is only a walking corpse. But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, though you'll die one day but everlasting life awaits you once you die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can I Refuse The Call Of God? / Man Accused Of Witchcraft In Abia Brutalised By Vigilante Members (Photos) / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.