Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Why Are Most Atheist Single? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Atheist Single? (1847 Views)

Why Do Most Atheist Seem Bitter,angry And Very Insultive. / How Most Atheist And Theist Behave..agnostic Are Exception / Why Are Most Nigerian Atheist Single, Lonely And/or Miserable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by frank317: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
LordReed:

I would say it's not really about people not wanting the atheist but of the atheist being less likely to want marriage.

why will an atheist be less likely to want to get married?
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2021
CAPSLOCKED:
MOST?
YOU JUST PULL OUT DATA FROM NOWHERE AND TRY TO ESTABLISH IT AS FACTS?

ATHEISTS ARE PEOPLE. THEY DO EVERYTHING AS NORMAL PEOPLE BELONGING TO THE HUMAN RACE. ONLY THING IS THAT WHILE MOST RELIGIONISTS BELIEVE IN AT LEAST ONE GOD/DEITY, AN ATHEIST BELIEVES IN NONE.

ATHEISTS ARE IN RELATIONSHIPS AND MARRIAGES JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. EITHER WITH FELLOW ATHEISTS OR BELIEVERS. SOMETIMES THEY PLAY ALONG WITH THEIR BELIEVER PARTNERS AND DO RELIGIOUS THINGS TO KEEP THEIR UNIONS GOING. OTHER TIMES THEY REMAIN UNBELIEVING AND COEXIST PEACEFULLY WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

YOUR THREAD IS A$$.

You didn't reply me the other time.

Why?
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
LordReed:

I would say it's not really about people not wanting the atheist but of the atheist being less likely to want marriage.

How many young female atheists are even in Nigeria?

How many young male atheists are even in Nigeria?

I think they are few .

Besides, atheists may not last long together........... I think 1Sharon will agree with me.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
Amatarasha:
Real atheist with conscience don't just rush into marriages with empty pockets like foolish Christians, just to bring an innocent souls who will come to earth to suffer your sexual consequences on the bed before their births.

So , LordReed rushed into marriage?

Is it the eba and egusi you eat that is disorganizing your brain

Who told you he had no plan??

Who told you he has children he can't cater for with SUPPORT from his wife which is rightfully expected??

I remember when budaatum used to sing about yam and eggs while budaatum's mates were doing something more beneficial!

Maybe it's now about akara and pap!
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by LordReed(m): 7:43am On Dec 22, 2021
frank317:

why will an atheist be less likely to want to get married?

It's a statistical reference not that every atheist will be less likely but the fact is atheists will probably rethink the traditional meaning of marriage and in doing so will not accept the religious connotations. That is not going to be a simple process and finding people that accept your redefinition is not going be easy either.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Image123(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
CAPSLOCKED:
MOST?
YOU JUST PULL OUT DATA FROM NOWHERE AND TRY TO ESTABLISH IT AS FACTS?

ATHEISTS ARE PEOPLE. THEY DO EVERYTHING AS NORMAL PEOPLE BELONGING TO THE HUMAN RACE. ONLY THING IS THAT WHILE MOST RELIGIONISTS BELIEVE IN AT LEAST ONE GOD/DEITY, AN ATHEIST BELIEVES IN NONE.

ATHEISTS ARE IN RELATIONSHIPS AND MARRIAGES JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. EITHER WITH FELLOW ATHEISTS OR BELIEVERS. SOMETIMES THEY PLAY ALONG WITH THEIR BELIEVER PARTNERS AND DO RELIGIOUS THINGS TO KEEP THEIR UNIONS GOING. OTHER TIMES THEY REMAIN UNBELIEVING AND COEXIST PEACEFULLY WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

YOUR THREAD IS A$$.

You are single, just like most of the self proclaimed atheists on the forum. For one who cheerleads the female haters association, you should not be this pained.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
Image123:

You are single, just like most of the self proclaimed atheists on the forum. For one who cheerleads the female haters association, you should not be this pained.
Are you giving the hypocritical redpiller any attention?
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Image123(m): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
NewSoul:

Are you giving the hypocritical redpiller any attention?

i show him some kindness by doing this.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by EmperorHarry: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
NewSoul:
Most atheist are single and unmarried. Why? most of you if not all of you. The only one I know who is married is married is LordReed and even he got married as a Christian (Maybe he would have been a bachelor) if he had been an atheist at an early age.

I am just curious to know don't take it personal because I for one do not even fancy the idea of marriage. I have seen so many and I can't pinpoint one and say I'll like this type for myself. But is it that you guys have lost the capacity to love? Because they say God is love and you people say there is no God. If you say there is no God then there can be no love and when there is no love. How can you love your partner and family?

So why are most of you within marriageable age still single? You haven't found atheist like yourselves or what?
Well this is from my own experience.I'm Agnostic and irreligious but I'm currently in a relationship with an atheist that's antireligious. Before I met her, I was def single af and it wasn't cos I couldn't get in a relationship but because of the standards I had set to even consider being in one. In my opinion,they were very reasonable standards but somehow most females I met fell short of them. I resolved that I'd rather stay single than be a relationship where I'm misunderstood and having to constantly change or hide parts of my ideals and beliefs just to make it work. Sure there are people with opposing beliefs who are liberal and open minded enough to make relationships work and that's a good option too but it's rare,especially with the prevailing mentality of the majority in this part of world. I'd rather die alone than to be in a trap and call it a relationship just so I score points off the societally defined "timelines".Anyways it has been worth it cos she surpassed most of them(standards) mentally,intellectually and has an rich sense of humour. Most of these qualities are definitely not dependent of one's beliefs and ideals. I'm not a fan of dogma,conformity,lack of curiosity,inabililty to have independent thought processes etc. I do not want to be forced or coaxed into doing what I have no interest in just so the other party is happy or at least satisfied. So being able to have really deep conversations and talk about stuffs(science,philosophy,art,thought experiements etc) that most people who aren't open minded enough due to "beliefs" cannot entertain or being able to exchange memes that religious folks would get butt hurt over is just a glimpse of perks that come with this relationship and I know what that feels like and I'm never settling for less! wink

Anyways,that's just a subjective example that would hopefully highlight some of the reasons why I would have been def single and still be very fine with my life if I wasn't in a relationship as an irreligious agnostic.
So OP, from an objective sense,your question is pretty much biased and myopic, because it seems you based your question on the data you may to have gotten, from what I'm assuming you felt was a subjectively dependent pattern,noted on a microscale(nairaland or people you may or may not know) and then generalized in an attempt to maybe prove a point?. Just assuming here. Truth is people can be single for subjective or external reasons. I've stated my reasons,in my case. So yes,not everyone lives by conventions or is fated to be single because of their beliefs. Some people just know what they want and won't let anything change or have people influence it unlike some normies we have in our society. Also considering the part of the world we live in,it becomes much more complicated to find people liberal and open minded enough to look beyond belief or lack of belief in what seems to have a huge influence in our society i.e religion and God. So yeah, your question is like someone asking why christians are single in a population with predominantly 90-95% mulisms. Would they still be "single" if they moved to a population where they are amongst the majority?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Amatarasha(f): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

So , LordReed rushed into marriage?

Is it the eba and egusi you eat that is disorganizing your brain

Who told you he had no plan??

Who told you he has children he can't cater for with SUPPORT from his wife which is rightfully expected??

I remember when budaatum used to sing about yam and eggs while budaatum's mates were doing something more beneficial!

Maybe it's now about akara and pap!
shut DA fvck up and y mention budaatum on my mention victor?
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by caye(m): 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
There's a lot of stupid in this thread.

The statement "god is love" is not a fact. Now assuming you are referring to Yahweh the Christian god, you are most definitely wrong. How can a character who is jealous, petty, vindictive and bloodthirsty be anything but the opposite of love?

The idea that a person who has no belief in faulty man-made ideas of god, automatically lacks the ability to express love, is nothing but a display of humongous ignorance.

I'm sure you have heard of the fellow Bill Gates, a non-believer whose contributions to Nigeria, a very religious country, helped her to rid herself of the problem of polio.

Bill Gates? A very poor example. Man with evil agenda.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Amatarasha:
shut DA fvck up and y mention budaatum on my mention victor?

In the name of yam and eggs or what exactly?

Maybe you need someone with a 15-inch dick to address your pussy until your brain starts releasing the sewage in it

Check hook-up websites or ask budaatum for more information about it
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Amatarasha(f): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

In the name of yam and eggs or what exactly?

Maybe you need someone with a 15-inch dick to address your pussy until your brain starts releasing the sewage in it

Check hook-up websites or ask budaatum for more information about it

yam and egg theory of budaatum aka kee you there !
Continue flocking with almighty god budaatum and have urself to blame!
He/she is now affecting you ,you are now going mad .
Helinues come let's weep for this goner! grin
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
Amatarasha:
yam and egg theory of budaatum aka kee you there !
Continue flocking with almighty god budaatum and have urself to blame!
He/she is now affecting you ,you are now going mad .
Helinues come let's weep for this goner! grin

You call him or her almighty god...if you mean it,then I wonder what you gain.

What will you share on Christmas Day?

I have garri and groundnut.

We can drink together.

I wish you a happy new year in advance.

May your wealth be something beyond calling me certain names
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Amatarasha(f): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

You call him or her almighty god...if you mean it,then I wonder what you gain.

What will you share on Christmas Day?

I have garri and groundnut.

We can drink together.

I wish you a happy new year in advance.

May your wealth be something beyond calling me certain names
In onuwaje's voice " You are the one I see ,one I see .......munagi ga anú garri

FYi budaatum is an almighty god of more confusion.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
Amatarasha:
In onuwaje's voice " You are the one I see ,one I see .......munagi ga anú garri

FYi budaatum is an almighty god of more confusion.

Oops... yeah ,he or she is a confused werey

What do you think of the garri and groundnut?

Say it in English
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by budaatum: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2021
Interfaith marriage in the UK Census

In the 2001 Census 20,635,298 were recorded as married
Of these 882,007 were in a mixed-marriage, in which both partners come from one of the following groups - no religion, and Christian or Muslim and Sikh
The most common combination by a long way was Christians married to those of no religion at 749,782
The next most common combination was Muslims married to Christians at 21,396
There were 13,457 Christians and Jews married, 336 Muslims and Jews
Figures for mixed-faith marriages have not been collated for the 2011 Census, though groups who support couples report anecdotal evidence of an increase
According to the 2011 Census four out of 10 people with no religion are aged under 25 and four in five are under the age of 50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30708242
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
EmperorHarry:
Well this is from my own experience.I'm Agnostic and irreligious but I'm currently in a relationship with an atheist that's antireligious. Before I met her, I was def single af and it wasn't cos I couldn't get in a relationship but because of the standards I had set to even consider being in one. In my opinion,they were very reasonable standards but somehow most females I met fell short of them. I resolved that I'd rather stay single than be a relationship where I'm misunderstood and having to constantly change or hide parts of my ideals and beliefs just to make it work. Sure there are people with opposing beliefs who are liberal and open minded enough to make relationships work and that's a good option too but it's rare,especially with the prevailing mentality of the majority in this part of world. I'd rather die alone than to be in a trap and call it a relationship just so I score points off the societally defined "timelines".Anyways it has been worth it cos she surpassed most of them(standards) mentally,intellectually and has an rich sense of humour. Most of these qualities are definitely not dependent of one's beliefs and ideals. I'm not a fan of dogma,conformity,lack of curiosity,inabililty to have independent thought processes etc. I do not want to be forced or coaxed into doing what I have no interest in just so the other party is happy or at least satisfied. So being able to have really deep conversations and talk about stuffs(science,philosophy,art,thought experiements etc) that most people who aren't open minded enough due to "beliefs" cannot entertain or being able to exchange memes that religious folks would get butt hurt over is just a glimpse of perks that come with this relationship and I know what that feels like and I'm never settling for less! wink

Anyways,that's just a subjective example that would hopefully highlight some of the reasons why I would have been def single and still be very fine with my life if I wasn't in a relationship as an irreligious agnostic.
So OP, from an objective sense,your question is pretty much biased and myopic, because it seems you based your question on the data you may to have gotten, from what I'm assuming you felt was a subjectively dependent pattern,noted on a microscale(nairaland or people you may or may not know) and then generalized in an attempt to maybe prove a point?. Just assuming here. Truth is people can be single for subjective or external reasons. I've stated my reasons,in my case. So yes,not everyone lives by conventions or is fated to be single because of their beliefs. Some people just know what they want and won't let anything change or have people influence it unlike some normies we have in our society. Also considering the part of the world we live in,it becomes much more complicated to find people liberal and open minded enough to look beyond belief or lack of belief in what seems to have a huge influence in our society i.e religion and God. So yeah, your question is like someone asking why christians are single in a population with predominantly 90-95% mulisms. Would they still be "single" if they moved to a population where they are amongst the majority?

You have elaborated quite beautifully on the point I was trying to make. Wishing you the best in your relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by EmperorHarry: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
LordReed:

You have elaborated quite beautifully on the point I was trying to make. Wishing you the best in your relationship.
Thanks! grin
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by 1Sharon(f): 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
NewSoul:

You are part of my statistics actually. The other time it was Hard-mirror saying he was looking for an atheist like himself to settle down with. He confessed that all the theist he had as girlfriends were quite uncomfortable with him being an atheist. But he said it was difficult coming across a lady physically that admits she is atheist. This post I'm talking about is not a recent post o. Till today he's still unmarried. If he were a Christian I'm sure he would have long been married same with most of you here but the thought of marrying a theist doesn't sit well with most of you.

Here is a topic asking people if they'd date an atheist: https://www.nairaland.com/6456075/date-atheist

Most of the comments there were favourable to atheists. Even some Christian ladies said they prefer atheists over their fellow theists because they don't have to deal with hypocrisy

Your theory doesn't stand. Atheists are winning, that's the truth.

Atheists may feel no way about marriage because they they lack religious compelling, but atheists are fully capable of love.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
1Sharon:

Here is a topic asking people if they'd date an atheist: https://www.nairaland.com/6456075/date-atheist

Most of the comments there were favourable to atheists. Even some Christian ladies said they prefer atheists over their fellow theists because they don't have to deal with hypocrisy

Atheists may feel no way about marriage because they they lack religious compelling, but atheists are fully capable of love.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
1Sharon:

Male atheists..... I wonder how many exist in Nigeria.

How many have you met outside Nairaland?
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by hupernikao: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
There's a lot of stupid in this thread.

The statement "god is love" is not a fact. Now assuming you are referring to Yahweh the Christian god, you are most definitely wrong. How can a character who is jealous, petty, vindictive and bloodthirsty be anything but the opposite of love?

The idea that a person who has no belief in faulty man-made ideas of god, automatically lacks the ability to express love, is nothing but a display of humongous ignorance.

I'm sure you have heard of the fellow Bill Gates, a non-believer whose contributions to Nigeria, a very religious country, helped her to rid herself of the problem of polio.

So much error in a single post.

If you answer question 1 in an exam like this, there is no need to read your answers to question 2 and others. It's better to just inscribe zero on your papers.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by hupernikao: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ayinke93:

Omo! Religion makes people stupid sha. It’s hilarious

. Brother wise. You are marking your own scripts. What a wisdom.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by hupernikao: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Amatarasha:
Real atheist with conscience don't just rush into marriages with empty pockets like foolish Christians, just to bring an innocent souls who will come to earth to suffer your sexual consequences on the bed before their births.

@LordReed. This is one of the untrained psychologist I spoke about. She isn't an atheist, I bet you.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by LordReed(m): 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
hupernikao:

@LordReed. This is one of the untrained psychologist I spoke about. She isn't an atheist, I bet you.

Amatarasha never claimed to be an atheist.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Amatarasha(f): 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
LordReed:

Amatarasha never claimed to be an atheist.
Atheism is but a half Christianity /Islam. Show lordreed a white cockroach and see him climb a tree while shouting blood of Jesus .
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by orunto27: 12:04am On Dec 26, 2021
Never seen or read about a Married Atheist.
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by 1Sharon(f): 5:17am On Dec 26, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Male atheists..... I wonder how many exist in Nigeria.

How many have you met outside Nairaland?

There are alot in the UK
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2021
1Sharon:

There are alot in the UK

UK....... not Nigeria.

Do you live in Nigeria?
Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by Buliwyf: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2021
yanabasee2:
Atheist was designed to challenge Christianity alone.....

If them born any Atheist well... Make e go North go talk nonsense....

No sane girl wants to mingle with a set of people who disbelieve in the existence of God.....

Them born you well to go north or Afghanistan go talk nonsense? Look at this one boasting about what he himself cannot do. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Atheist Single? by MJBOLT: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2021
you dey mind the mumu,let him go and preach the gospel in borno state na or Afghanistan grin
They have guardian angels, so there's nothing to fear.

Buliwyf:

Them born you well to go north or Afghanistan go talk nonsense? Look at this one boasting about what he himself cannot do. Lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed / Jesus Is Alive / If All Pastors Can Teach This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.