Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly (9173 Views)

Nigerian Engineers Repair The Damaged Section Of The Abuja-Kaduna Rail Track / Kaduna Rail Bombing: Joe Igbokwe Blames PDP / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by Ovamboland(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
MT:
Buhari administration starts a major revolution in Nigeria. Building infrastructure. No country can be great without it. The direction is set. If all previous administrations have been building infrastructure and fighting corruption, the country would have been in a better shape. Remember, Buhari jailed governors from his own party. Tell me the previous president that has done that.

I am typing this from inside Lagos-Ibadan train. No hassle, seamless, air conditioning in top notch you will need to use a blanket. We are getting there, albeit slowly.

That analysis is nonsense, 80% of that fund will end as waste as by convention, even in advanced countries, 80% of new businesses fail within 5 years. We have made funds available for SME in Textile, over $1bn, yet they are still struggling. Only 72bn naira was contributed by Nigeria to deliver Lagos - Ibadan SGR rail, and it's there for all to see, not in some private pockets. That's where most of the funds that guy is saying should be shared will end, in private pockets.
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by MT: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ovamboland:

That analysis is nonsense, 80% of that fund will end as waste as by convention, even in advanced countries, 80% of new businesses fail within 5 years. We have made funds available for SME in Textile, over $1bn, yet they are still struggling. Only 72bn naira was contributed by Nigeria to deliver Lagos - Ibadan SGR rail, and it's there for all to see, not in some private pockets. That's where most of the funds that guy is saying should be shared will end, in private pockets.

Don't be a cynic. Can you show me empirical fact that shows that 80% of new businesses fail in advanced countries. I put it to you this was based on your assumption - prove me wrong by citing irrefutable source to back up your claim.

Borrowing is never a bad thing, it depends on what you use it for. This train will liquidate its own debt. We need to show certain degree of positivity as citizens. United States is the most indebted country in the world and still the most powerful nation the world has ever seen.
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by Cognitivereason: 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
That my greatest wish...I personally believe solving the power issues in 9ja automatically solves 30% of all our problem..

But the power issue is highly complicated.. $2.5bn will only scratch the surface of trying to fix all the issues
Faiththatworks:
I have always wanted to make a suggestion to the Nigerian govt,I think there are some govt officials who visit Nairaland to read the opinions of Nigerians.
Please whoever has access to Gen Buhari should tell him it's time to permanently fix the issue of darkness in Nigeria.
My suggestion is very simple, Nigerians should be allowed to vote Yes or No for government to access 3 Billion Dollars from the foreign reserve to fix this issue of inadequate power supply.
If the citizens agree to allow govt access the money, Government should form a company that allows all Nigerian to have a share in the company.
The 3 Billion Dollars should be deployed to fixing the entire power chain, especially production.
If we can employ more than 100000 people to fabricate the iron pipes we need to move move the gas to all the moribund power plants,secure the pipeline right of way,build new transmission lines,send some some yoiths to mambilla to work there,and even start companies to mass produce prepaid meters,I'm sure Nigeria will be out of this mess called power shortage in a short while.
Part of the condition of removing the money is that Nigerians must have an open agreement on the pricing of the electricity.
Finally laws will be made to imprison anyone who makes any attempt to steal the money,and also another law to put a date on the ban of the importation of generators.
If Government can borrow 2.5 billion to build rails,I'm sure accesssing 3 Billion to repair the entire power sector isn't too much.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by Cognitivereason: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2021
Gbas gbos grin grin grin
Ovamboland:

How much was used to construct the roads you drive on daily, how much is it yielding?
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by MummyD2020(f): 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
This people no dey tire to talk rubbish. Liar
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by orisa37: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
abuja-kaduna-rail-line-generates-n300m-monthly-amaechi.

What is the monthly marginal profit?
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by georen(m): 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
Assuming you constructed it with $3bn. And you are happy making N300m monthly. That is about $600k to $700k monthly. How are you going to repay $3bn with accrued interest
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by messiah(m): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
If true, then it' safe to say he's among those happy with the terrible state of security on that road.
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by JaroMan: 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
Jonegonu:
before you thank him that is the profit after all salary and maintenance have been deducted. Will be growth Cos people have started using rail as there best opinion to travel
How will the growth come? The users or the trains?
Re: Amaechi: Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line Generates ₦300 Million Monthly by Kenny242(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
mrvitalis:
That's roughly $600k a month , that's roughly $7.2 million dollars a year. The project cost is around $850 million

so without maintenance , without paying anyone salary it would take 118 years to break even ......if we add salary n maintenance then you are looking at 300 years plus

850 million dollars to add 7.2 million dollars to our GDP is foolishness

With $850 million

We can give the top 10 ceramics importers $20 million each to build plants n stop importing ceramics .....this would save us $2 billion dollars yearly , plus boast GDP with over $3bn using only $200 million

Another $200million can be used to set up 10 cassava to ethanol factory giving that as loan to the biggest cassava farming unions ....we can be the biggest ethanol producer in the world ...with a potential to export over $2 billion ethanol and produce for local use also ...plus over 20,000 jobs

Same $200 million can be used to set up 10 to 20 cassava to glucose/ethanol plants ....we taking of a $70 billion dollars market we have absolutely great comparative advantage ...capture 15% of that that's over $10 billion a year industry

Rail lines are expensive luxury that never make profit we can't afford now

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How We Will Spend Subsidy • 2nd Niger Bridge + Lagos To Get Biggest Refinery etc / Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash / Nigeria Police Invite Omoyele Sowore, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.