Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life (431 Views)

If you desire Long life And Prosperity, Just Do This. / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / Ejiogbe (ogbe Meji) Children Powerful Charm To Have Prosperous Long Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
106-Year-Old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life

A 106-year-old woman believes that her faith in God gave her longevity.

106-year-old woman

Ruth Hilliard was born on June 5, 1913. She has spent most of her life doing her passion which is teaching. She would teach at school and even teaches Bible stories at church. Even at her age today, the teacher encourages the youth to do well with their studies.

Ruth now has one son, three grandchildren, and a great-grandchild. And she lives in Halifax County, North Carolina.

She grew up in a time where gadgets and technology were not yet common. Throughout her years, she has witnessed different eras of the world. And yet, her faith in God did not fade. It even grew stronger.

Glory to God

In fact, Ruth gives God the credit for her long life. She proclaims that her life is proof of God’s faithfulness.

Even though her vision is no longer as good as it was before, she would make every effort in citing verses from the Bible. Specifically, her favourite passage from Psalm 91, verses 15-16. It says, “He will call on me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.”

The centenarian said that God has used her 106 years of life to show value on the mentioned Bible verse.

To commemorate her long years in life, the North Carolina House of Representatives gave her a gift. They presented her a certificate of special recognition.

Indeed, Ruth’s life is a testimony of God’s enduring promise. We may reach more than a hundred years here on earth or not, the important thing is how we live our life. God is the Holder of our days. And whether we will live longer or shorter, may our lives glorify our Maker. That even up to our last breath, we glorify God.

Reference: Jesus Daily

Godtv
Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by DarkJeddi(m): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
Guess Atheists and unbelievers..

Don't live long.. sad
Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by WibusJaga: 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2021

Unless you are aging gracefully, staying too long on this planet is just suffering yourself & those attending to you.

1 Like

Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Guess Atheists and unbelievers..

Don't live long.. sad

If they do who or what do they credit to? undecided

Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by DarkJeddi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

If they do who or what do they credit to? undecided
You should be telling me.. grin

And those that have faith in God and still died young..

Guess God didn't like their faces? shocked
Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
DarkJeddi:

You should be telling me.. grin

And those that have faith in God and still died young..

Guess God didn't like their faces? shocked

Christians that die young get to live with God for an eternity. cheesy

Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by DarkJeddi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

Christians that die young get to live with God for an eternity. cheesy
Lol..

So nothing is guaranteed on this life?

So why are we on this thread? grin
Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50am On Dec 22, 2021
DarkJeddi:

Lol..

So nothing is guaranteed on this life?

So why are we on this thread? grin

Death is guaranteed and Jesus conquered death on the Cross. Do you have Jesus?

Re: 106-year-old Woman Credits Faith In God For Long Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

Unless you are aging gracefully, staying too long on this planet is just suffering yourself & those attending to you.

What is aging gracefully if there is no grace? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why did God Put So Much Hardship On Black People? Answer (vid) / Prophecy For 2022 By Great Asibor / I Can Only Die Not Wishing To Come Back To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.