Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) (23858 Views)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by lexy2014: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2021
DennisEche:
Dammn Niggar... how many people fit return such

The money was from his client. No do no do, my guy can't run with that money

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Johnchrix(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2021
There are still good people in Nigeria, inasmuch as we are perceived globally as frudsters and scammers, Nigerians are one of the most honest and straight forward people in the world.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by qanda: 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by TruthUntold: 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Pootle:
ok....things like this dont happen to my account, will love to experience this.
omo people are staring at me because of the way I'm laughing at this your comment for here o, heh heh

2 Likes

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by omenkaLives(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
When folks praise people who return monies erroneously credited to their account, I wonder to myself, do the recipients really have a choice? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Igbudu1: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
JustThre3A:

I know I can't

And if reported , you think you can withdraw the money with ease abi ?

With your mouth like "I know I kant"

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Way4orward: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2021
Thank God he didn't fall for the trap.

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by AnanseK(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2021
gbolswag:
He is definitely not a poor man

Honesty has nothing to do with poverty. He is a good Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by tnerro1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2021
This one wey be say na end of the year everybody just dey return, is there something you people are not telling me angry
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by specialmati(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin country don red so any good behavior now na testimony
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by grandstar(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
I was credited $900 into my account rather than the $90 i deposited. I promptly called my bank and informed them of their error.

The extra $810 would have been taken out of someones pay check

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Ijaya123: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
He couldn't have gotten away with the money in the first place.

The only option he had was to return it.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Zenithpeak(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
Close 100M in Naira.

This kind temptation ba, I go need the lord's strength to overcome am o.

For this Buhari government

When you people go dey run away from mathematics class.... Imagine your dumbesty for Christ sake!

2 Likes

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Amalekki: 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
donofdons:
Sharp man. Him know say if him return am, them go double the money for am as reward.
But na so I return 1 million naira wey I find for my car, governor carry certificate of honesty give me. Which one come be certificate of honesty when even the governor sef na thief. I know say him just dey think say I be mumu. Nobody give me 1 naira more. I even spend 12k on transportation to go collect am. I come later realize say na me do my sef. If God give you free money for this country, chop am. Person wey fit forget 1 million naira no need am pass taxi driver or the person na sinner wey God wan punish and God sef say him dey forgive anything.
This is a terrible mindset. There is something called integrity and many Nigerians have it without any condition attached.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by LZAA: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
helinues:
That's good of him

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Amalekki: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
AnanseK:

Honesty has nothing to do with poverty. He is a good Muslim.
Thank you for busting the huge lie.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Unclefemolala(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
DennisEche:
Dammn Niggar... how many people fit return such

He can't steal such huge amount of money peacefully
Especially an electronic wired money
It's obvious he would be arrested eventually
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by jawalis(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
Close 100M in Naira.

Stop been f**lish. It’s not even up to 1m naira.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Unclefemolala(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
omenkaLives:
When folks praise people who return monies erroneously credited to their account, I wonder to myself, do the recipients really have a choice? undecided

Exactly
While yes it's commendable

But this isn't an untraced or unmarked currency
This is an electronic vetted transfer with financial institutions involved where all your life documents are.

You'd be caught sooner or later

I would reserve my praise for those who returned raw unmarked and untraced cash with no ID or tag.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Rastaramsey(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
Day169:
I believe that majority of Nigerians are still honest.

You are wrong sir grin
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by joeking2222: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see him getting a good job because of this gesture.

This I have seen.
Yawn!!! Person wey no fit see hm own NOSE, dey see another man future!!!
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Unclefemolala(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
I commend his efforts, that said. He actually has no choice.its his client
I work in an investment bank and on numerous occasions , Corporates and HNIs will add some extra zeros mistakenly but we have to refund them , not because we want to but because we have no choice.
Eventually their account will be audited or they find out and they're your client....you will have to pay every last drop. Mistake or not and lose your reputation

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by TimeTraveller: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2021
I am hopeful that a national rebirth will occur in my lifetime.
Nigeria will change. Our dignity will be restored.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mehn!! .. God give me the strength to return money like dz man..bcuz like dz debt in form of sch fees jurt dey pile up. If someone would just help me.

Abeg mke una reason me na abeg
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by seborrhic: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
He would have been caught simple.
Trying to save his neck and receiving praise for it.
The foundation is indirectly saying someone can get away with illegally cornering money erroneously posted to one's account.As horrible as Nigeria is,that is not the case;if the police and banks wants to recover illegally credited sums,it's as easy as abc.
In summary,he didn't do it primarily as a measure of integrity,but he had no choice primarily,then secondarily thought of his reputation in his alumni,if caught out later.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Jmichael1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
visijo:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Please ooo I will be having a small party at my place this tomorrow morning, so if you are free and interested eeeeeeh

You can do same at your place. Let everyone be happy in their own house Abeg....��

i'll gladly organise my own party as long as u send me sum rabas...

1 Like

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Jmichael1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2021
TruthUntold:

omo people are staring at me because of the way I'm laughing at this your comment for here o, heh heh

hahahahaha i tink say na only me....
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Timoleon(m): 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2021
How na? 100m? $2,300?
izzy4shizzy:
Close 100M in Naira.

Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Intersexxsherry(f): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2021
jawalis:

Stop been f**lish. It’s not even up to 1m naira.
it is 1million but not up to 100million.
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by Utanisco(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2021
this one get money na already
mk i hear say na agbero acct where never see food chow
we go hear am na
Re: Abideen Olasupo Returns $2,397 Credited To His Account In Error (Pix) by vannessa7(f): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
I knew he must be a Yoruba guy before opening the thread, that said,
For those saying he had no choice, I know a close person who make pure water and mistakenly credited a supplier 1,000,000 instead of a hundred thousand, the supplier run for like two weeks and when eventually arrested he said he has used the money to buy market and he will return it later, the police had to give him time based on promise that he will pay. He was released. The pure water guy had to go and borrow to run his business.
No rewards for guessing the right tribe of the supplier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM / Preservatives Of Zobo Drink For 6 To 1yrs For Commerical Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.