Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. (22866 Views)

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? / Dangote Cement Spent ₦196 Billion On Fuel And Power In 2021 Due To Inflation / Jumia Dispatch Rider Punches & Manhandles Customer For Rejecting An Item (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Vinnie2000(m): 6:47am On Mar 05
I was with two 17,18 yr old Girls yesterday and one was Drinking Nutri-Milk.

The Other Asked her how Much she bought it, The Drinker said N600!

This Girl now said 'What, You Try o. Since FANTA reach N300, I Stop to buy am'. shocked embarassed

I just Laughed inwardly because since Prices of INDOMIE Noodles hit the Roof, I STOPPED Buying. undecided

Even Young Pple don Wise for Nigeria! cheesy

So Which Food Item/Commodity have you STOPPED Buying due to Inflation? smiley

18 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by GanagiBitrus: 6:52am On Mar 05
Malt drink.

I entertain visitors now with cold refreshing healthy glass of sparkling clear water. cheesy

305 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by harqinhola(m): 7:03am On Mar 05
1, Sardines from 400 to 950
2, INDOMIE Noodles ( Super pack is now #500 )
3, Pure Water #200/bag to #400 ( I dey boil water put for fridge )

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Anabosee(m): 7:06am On Mar 05
Large bread which was 1300 before now 1900
Dstv compact which was around 10k now 12500
Chicken which I buy 2200-2500 before now 3500-3700

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Omihanifa: 7:30am On Mar 05
It's really sad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Vinnie2000(m): 7:39am On Mar 05
harqinhola:
1, Sardines from 400 to 950
2, INDOMIE Noodles ( Super pack is now #500 )
3, Pure Water #200/bag to #400 ( I dey boil water put for fridge )

Lolss. :😄

As for that Sardines, I have also STOPPED for now.
Titus normally is sold for N1200, though some places sell N1000. 😕

I just lock up and start patronizing the Fried Fish woman in my neighbour.😏

I now buy two, N400! Everybody must Wise dis Period! smiley

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Daniel7543: 8:02am On Mar 05
Cassava, garri, ewa

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Csami(m): 8:21am On Mar 05
You mean items

Bread
INDOMIE
Sardine
Fuel (I no dey drive again and I no on gen again)
Beer

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by deanoffaculty: 8:43am On Mar 05
Vinnie2000:
I was with two 17,18 yr old Girls yesterday and one was Drinking Nutri-Milk.

The Other Asked her how Much she bought it, The Drinker said N600!

This Girl now said 'What, You Try o. Since FANTA reach N300, I Stop to buy am'. shocked embarassed

I just Laughed inwardly because since Prices of INDOMIE Noodles hit the Roof, I STOPPED Buying. undecided

Even Young Pple don Wise for Nigeria! cheesy

So Which Food Item/Commodity have you STOPPED Buying due to Inflation? smiley

Nplfmod.
Tanks.
Indomie noodles and egg

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CandidAdmin(m): 9:12am On Mar 05
Puff puff - No more time for snacks.

Groundnut for garri - Trying to save every single amount.

Chicken - Can't rear them again because of price of its food.

Data - We manage free 50mb or stay up at night to watch whatever I want to watch with just #50(that's 500mb).

Coca cola - Telling myself it's not healthy. Rather I now take #100 yougurt.

Food from big stores - It's just not worth it.

Soap - I'd rather make it at home.

Noodles - I still miss you.

Biscuits - Can't be looking for extra #10 since most are now #60.

Gas for beans - Firewood is just #500.

We keep adjusting. Keep hoping we(you, yes you reading this, and I) would find a breakthrough.

Abeg if you feel like dashing money out, I'm right here.
Tell me if I'm to drop AZA ooo FR.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Gustavowhite(m): 9:12am On Mar 05
May the great tinubulation be with you all

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CandidAdmin(m): 9:26am On Mar 05
Gustavowhite:
May the great tinubulation be with you all

Are you in a better position?

If you are help people around you out. Most of them didn't vote for the failure

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Talkisneeded: 9:27am On Mar 05
Fanta, noodles....

4 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by motionarena: 9:33am On Mar 05
Sardine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Gustavowhite(m): 9:34am On Mar 05
CandidAdmin:

Are you in a better position?

If you are help people around you out. Most of them didn't vote for the failure
i didn’t exclude myself,me too dey among
I dey Nigeria,I never comot

14 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CandidAdmin(m): 9:55am On Mar 05
Gustavowhite:
i didn’t exclude myself,me too dey among
I dey Nigeria,I never comot

You said "be with you all".

If you are among, you should have said "be with us all"

12 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Gustavowhite(m): 9:57am On Mar 05
CandidAdmin:

You said "be with you all".

If you are among, you should have said "be with us all"
if you were a Catholic,you would know where I took that from

19 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CandidAdmin(m): 10:24am On Mar 05
Gustavowhite:
if you were a Catholic,you would know where took that from

I'm not.
All I'm saying is that you should have said "us" since you are one of us.

5 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by BigDawsNet: 10:52am On Mar 05
Anabosee:
Large bread which was 1300 before now 1900
Dstv compact which was around 10k now 12500
Chicken which I buy 2200-2500 before now 3500-3700

10k to 12,500 na just 2,500 diff

Epl sweet if you watch ham for house 😁 so nobody go make ges of u if ur team lose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Eriokanmi: 10:52am On Mar 05
I've stopped going to Jevinik lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by marlow1962(m): 10:53am On Mar 05
None
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by BOSSkesh(m): 10:53am On Mar 05
Soft drink and noodles

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Pidginwhisper: 10:53am On Mar 05
Noodles. The thing dey believe the hype surrounding it and think say e don arrive . It won’t touch Garri. People don Dey put am aside

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by PrettyRX: 10:53am On Mar 05
No more Chinese restaurants or expensive eat-outs grin
No more buying fuel, looking to get solar. If possible dump my prepaid too sad

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by donestk(m): 10:53am On Mar 05
Hmmm most basic groceries have their prices very up and out of reach.

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by chukskafor(m): 10:53am On Mar 05
Bread, noodles and lots more

3 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Endinjustice: 10:53am On Mar 05

Werey said he built Lagos, E reach to build Nigeria, fiam..... Materials cost d!e.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CuriousX: 10:54am On Mar 05
Malta Guinness. It used to be N300 now N500 in my area just within 3months. It looks like I am dreaming.angry

Also indomie and spaghetti. They are light snacks in my opinion and so instead of buying hungry man size for 1k I just buy Akpu tongue

God punish Tinubu and all APC members angry

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by NaijaCover(m): 10:54am On Mar 05
I No Dey Buy RECHARGE CARD ooooo

Inflation Is Too Much, Right Now In Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CountinBlessins(m): 10:54am On Mar 05
playstation 5 game discs.
Infact i am putting my ps5 up for sale soonest. i cant be spending 60k on a game disc when i have dogs to feed,my daughter to feed, myself to feed, my mum to send money to, and prostitutes to patronize on the weekend.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by nairalanda1(m): 10:54am On Mar 05
Eventually, soft drinks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by boxypane(m): 10:55am On Mar 05
Indomie, spaghetti(when rice dey), sea food

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Issues Guidelines For China-Nigeria Currency Swap Deal (Pics) / How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks / FG Stops Export Of Cooking Gas To Reduce Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.