Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) (32536 Views)

Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures) / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by 5gee: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2021
Newsmic:
Nigerian singer, Timi Dakolo has raised alarm over the spike of black soot in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, IgbereTV reports.

The black soot blamed on illegal bunkering and gas flaring, was first noticed in parts of Port Harcourt and some neighbouring local government areas like Eleme, Oyigbo, Ikwere, Obio/akpor, in 2016.

Taking to Instagram on Monday, the singer shared photos of people's feet, palms, hands covered in black dust and called on residents to speak up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXs8uI0LacB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

soot
/sʊt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a deep black powdery or flaky substance consisting largely of amorphous carbon, produced by the incomplete burning of organic matter.

Soot is black.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by ransomed: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2021
Merry Christmas from Rivers ministry of Environment. Why is Timi envious of oil magnates in Port Harcourt?
If his music is not selling again, he is free to come and invest in the refineries. We are sure of adequate return on investment.
Our oil, our property , our space.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Laggafin: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2021
Crafteck1:

You are an imbecilexxx, see the way you use we at liberty, what have you done for your race than type and promote division.
A full grown mumu on de beat
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by cococandy(f): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2021
What goes on in that area is inhumane.

2 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by AbiaNextGoverno: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2021
Newsmic:
Nigerian singer, Timi Dakolo has raised alarm over the spike of black soot in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, IgbereTV reports.

The black soot blamed on illegal bunkering and gas flaring, was first noticed in parts of Port Harcourt and some neighbouring local government areas like Eleme, Oyigbo, Ikwere, Obio/akpor, in 2016.

Rivers pipu be like "our oil" grin grin grin

Taking to Instagram on Monday, the singer shared photos of people's feet, palms, hands covered in black dust and called on residents to speak up.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Boomboost(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2021
Bro, android every year de upgrade.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Scoobiano1991: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2021
Price, location?

TimiBoo:
So pathetic

Please Hear THIS!!

If you have NOT experience Ulcer PAINS, you don't know how lucky you are. A lot of people for long, have been battling with killer-Ulcer. STOMACH Ulcers are dangerous because they cause life threatening complications leading to perforation and bleeding of the stomach.

DON'T die in silent, STOP managing ULCER. take advantage of this price splash month and ENJOY % discount.

Remember health is wealth! You are just a phone call away from permanent solution.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by KennethEnyi(m): 9:58am On Dec 21, 2021
Chernobyl number2
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 21, 2021
Femmyfestus:
A certain nairalander here complains about this each and every day. Like I said earlier 80% of the people chopping the oil money are far away in abj. Babon dey work, monkey dey chop.

....monkey dey work, baboon dey chop rather.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by frankmoney(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Wike or Buhari? Who is charge of the oil that is coursing the environmental hazard?
so why can't Wike put a law stopping illegal bunkery ? After all he did it in open grazing and currently in court for VAT . You guys should stop acting as if Wike hands is tied... He is part of the problem as it stands Rivers State doesn't even have a commissioner for environment
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Japhtee(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2021
younglleo:
ph wey i dey plan relocate to next year!

Better stay where you are. I am giving myself from now till mid next year to move if nothing is done fast.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Karemarealty288(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2021
When I heard Timi raised alarm my heart nearly jumped through my mouth.....thinking that The Crestman has finally come home to roast.....but thank God ooooo

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2021
frankmoney:
so why can't Wike put a law stopping illegal bunkery ? After all he did it in open grazing and currently in court for VAT . You guys should stop acting as if Wike hands is tied... He is part of the problem as it stands Rivers State doesn't even have a commissioner for environment
you said illegal bunkery, which means the law was there in the first place, be it a federal or state law. The facts remains that FG is 100% in charge of petroleum sector regulations in Nigeria, State government have no say. These are one of the fight the SS are fighting, some guy's will be in Abuja and far North enjoying the proceeds of Oil while indigenous people suffer.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Yankee101: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2021
Unfortunately it's future diseases like cancer loading

Move away if you can
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Dukeolumidemans(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2021
Once it rains in Ph, the water u see on the ground is usually black. That explains our black feet and hands in the house..
Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop and live for Abuja.

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2021
Be like say this one career don tire am make wile catch you ..you say it for him face
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by frankmoney(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
you said illegal bunkery, which means the law was there in the first place, be it a federal or state law. The facts remains that FG is 100% in charge of petroleum sector regulations in Nigeria, State government have no say. These are one of the fight the SS are fighting, some guy's will be in Abuja and far North enjoying the proceeds of Oil while indigenous people suffer.
the fact remains is that of Wike choose to stop it it will definitely stop , so he is as much as a problem as the federal government.
All we know how to do in the SS is to shift blame , in as much as the army and police are involved , indigenes are also part of it
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Ramadangcfr(m): 11:06am On Dec 21, 2021
yannisante:
Merry Christmas Timi Dakolo

Pls stop disturbing us with this tin na
Is it by force?
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by wink2015(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2021
With this black soot in Rivers state, the federal government still want to collect their vat money and share to lazy and idle state in Nigeria.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE AND LAGOS STATE who are feeling the effect of accommodating huge population or environmental hazard to make the money.

RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COLLECT THEIR VAT MONEY TO ADDRESS THIS POLUTION TO THEIR ENVIRONMENT.

LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS ALSO FACING POLLUTION FROM THE HUGE NUMBER OF COMPANIES IN THEIR ENVIRONMENT.

But when the money is generated the federal government will come with the big bowl to take their money and share to lazy and idle states that are not facing environmental pressure and huge population threat to their environment.

OPPRESSION IS VERY PLENTY IN NIGERIA.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Alabo7978(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2021
so so so unfair, I just happened to drop by the family house to see my famz and for the past 2days I've been breathing hash air, black dust every where.
you dare not wash your dress(more especially white dress) and hang it outside.
may God protect my family because nothing person go talk go solve anything.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by NaMe4: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2021
IbileIfe:

Illegal refineries are not invisible.
The corrupt and incompetent government knows the locations of the illegal refineries.

Everyone involved, including government representatives are Billionaires from such activities.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by younglleo: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2021
Japhtee:

Better stay where you are. I am giving myself from now till mid next year to move if nothing is done fast.

jeez, soo this stuff is really serious!
Omoh, change of plans
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by prophetfire: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2021
younglleo:
ph wey i dey plan relocate to next year!
Dey where you deyooo. Me sef dey phc but if by middle of next year they don't stop this, I relocate. It's not funny at all. Wake up every morning to be clearing your nostrils of black powder. The health implications nobody.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by younglleo: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2021
prophetfire:
Dey where you deyooo. Me sef dey phc but if by middle of next year they don't stop this, I relocate. It's not funny at all. Wake up every morning to be clearing your nostrils of black powder. The health implications nobody.
thanks for this, i thought the sooth was minor issue, ignoring it and on the final stages of moving to ph!
But thank you
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by prophetfire: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2021
younglleo:
thanks for this, i thought the sooth was minor issue, ignoring it and on the final stages of moving to ph!
But thank you
It's not a minor issue at all. Just that in Nigeria, we adopt suffering and smiling mode. I am surprised that Wike with all his gragra as action governor is allowing this major health issue to slide. The way he was threatening residents over covid19 then, I thought the man was genuinely concerned about health issues, only to discover it was all about money FG was giving to states with covid19 issues.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
frankmoney:
the fact remains is that of Wike choose to stop it it will definitely stop , so he is as much as a problem as the federal government.
All we know how to do in the SS is to shift blame , in as much as the army and police are involved , indigenes are also part of it
You are not getting the facts, a state government can do little or nothing in that sector, it's wholly under the purview of the federal government. Does the state government controls the police, civil defence or navy that secure the sector? Do any of these agencies report to state government? Or you want the state government to set up security outfit that will police against illegal bunkery, while the money the sector makes goes to the FG? under whose expenses? You want the state to use his resources to fight against illegal bunkery while those that feed from it is in Abuja right? Just explain to me how you want the state to fight against it without spending it's resources and without the federal government benefiting from it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by goodlife4every1(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
[quote author=Laggafin post=108683117]They should eat de soot cuz they agreed to sabotage our efforts before and after the war to liberate dem from the parasitic North[/quote
God punish you!
Liberate yourself first and that's the more reason you guys will never be relevant...
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
AuntyVanessa1:
shocked

That tyrant in river state government house will not see this and act fast. The ogogoro drinking bastard of the governor will act fast assuming it was something concerning peaceful IPOB just to please the parasitic northerners.

He is the security chief of his state. Ipob were making a mess of it.
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Laggafin: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
[quote author=goodlife4every1 post=108691305][/quote]
Satan don screw ur brains up wit soot already grin
Re: Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) by Sleekfingers: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
Newsmic:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I wonder how people residing in that state , lungs, hearts, liver go be like....... Their hearts go don black like oshiomole head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Godwin Maduka Covers ATTENTION Magazine January 2020 / 386 New COVID-19 Cases, 522 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 1 -(2175 Tested) / Hospital Produces Wrong Corpse Of Nurudeen Alowonle For Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.