Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,954 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent (6791 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / A Car With Ankara Paint / Starting A Car With AC On: Good Or Bad Practice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by andyanders: 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2011
Poster,

Then I suggest you resolve this issue with him and move on with your life since he is your brother and you have not known him as a thief. Since he has not done a thing like this, for the sake of your position, forgive him. Hunger can lead to any kind of behavior Washing your dirty linens outside is not the best. God will give you what you have lost. If you are in a position to help him stand do that and still assist him because the most preached word in the bible is love. Goodluck
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by andyanders: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2011
Poster,

Then I suggest you resolve this issue with him and move on with your life since he is your brother and you have not known him as a thief. Since he has not done a thing like this, for the sake of your position, forgive him. Hunger can lead to any kind of behavior Washing your dirty linens outside is not the best. God will give you what you have lost. If you are in a position to help him stand do that and still assist him because the most preached word in the bible is love. Goodluck
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by mecussey(m): 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
solomto:

Is he frustrated?
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by mecussey(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2011
Solomto, looks like I know you, can we chat? mecussey@yahoo.com
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
mpeg:

He took advantage of my thing without my consent but i dont think i will call him a thief. He is an an elder bros and am more successful. This is the first time this kind of thing is happening and am considering probably, he thought while i was away, i may never need the car again, but that was my lovely car, he could have told me at least. If i dont have the right to order the buyer to return the car, then i give up. To involving nigerian police? Not me, those guys are nonsense, sorry to insult them.

well, instead of telling us, you need to tell him how you feel. he stole from you, but if you don't want to report him, that's your own decision. it obviously bothers you, though, so confront him about it at the very least.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Obiagu1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ mpeg,

There's nothing you can do about it. All that remains now is to find a way to get that money from your brother. The buyer did not buy a stolen car and you can't report your brother to the police because of a car. You'll still spend your own money to bail him out, so there's no need for that.

This happened to my friend, his brother sold his trucks and that was it. He's still trying to recover some of the money from him through his family who are now handling the issue.

Next time, keep the documents yourself.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by hbrednic: 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
just pray over it tongue
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by solomto(f): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
mecussey:

Solomto, looks like I know you, can we chat? mecussey@yahoo.com
i dnt tink u did.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Outstrip(f): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2011
Siena is right. eport him to the police. He is pretty much an armed robber. This is the sort of family memebers that wait for their people to come into the country and kill them for the millions they assume you brought from obodo oyibo. As Siena pointed out if he steals tomorrow and gets caught it might be jungle justice for him. This brother is just plaine evil and he needs to be taught a lesson
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by chelseabmw(m): 12:12am On Jun 16, 2011
smiley smiley
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by obinnao(m): 3:43am On Jun 16, 2011
  shocked may be your brother think that you are related with blood or there is no any way you will punch him, by selling your car without your consent. my dear you have to forgive him or you forget it. god will favour you with a new car before the year runs out. talk it cool[color=Black][/color]
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 16, 2011
Is this OP seriously making excuses for his ''supposed brother''? I don't believe this story anyways
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2011
obinnao:

shocked may be your brother think that you are related with blood or there is no any way you will punch him, by selling your car without your consent. my dear you have to forgive him or you forget it. [b]god will favour you with a new car before the year runs out. talk it cool[/b][/color]

[color=#000099]You're not getting it - it's not about the money (from what the poster says, he's quite successful). It's about stealing, it's about knowing right from wrong. It's about nipping things in the bud, before they get out of hand. Next, he'll be digging out the title deeds to his brother's, or any other relative's houses, and selling them whilst they're still living in them.

If he steals from the wrong people, he could end up being lynched. Right now, he's gotten away with selling his brother's car, so his confidence will grow, he'll see himself as invincible.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by 1forall: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2011
So what about the money? Are you not going to bother about that too?
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by seyibrown(f): 9:49am On Jun 16, 2011
Don't leave anything of yours that can be sold where your brother can get to it! Once beaten, twice shy! He had no right to sell your car or anything of yours without your consent! I wouldn't leave my wife around this kind of brother! This kind of brother can kill for money, IMHO!
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by mastro: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2011
He took advantage of my thing without my consent but i dont think i will call him a thief. He is an an elder bros and am more successful. This is the first time this kind of thing is happening and am considering probably, he thought while i was away, i may never need the car again, but that was my lovely car, he could have told me at least. If i dont have the right to order the buyer to return the car, then i give up. To involving nigerian police? Not me, those guys are nonsense, sorry to insult them.

I wish I had a brother like you, so I could steal all his property and sell it. 

What has successful got to do with anything, quite frankly what has elder brother got to do with it either, the fact that you are complaining here means that you've accepted the fact that he can steal your property without repercussions. you know what they say about blood being thicker than water, well in your case it's not true, your brother is a thief!!!

As for the buyer, you can call the police but I assure you that it's your brother that will be locked up first. 

This reminds me of the many stories I've heard of people sending money from abroad to build houses and family members converting the money to their own ends. Then they call family meeetings, well in my house the family meeting will be held in a prison cell, and we all know it, which is why this kind of nonsense will not happen.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^ Mastro, you've echoed my thoughts.

If I found myself in such an unfortunate situation (unfortunate for my "brother", may I add) he would face the wrath of the law. I couldn't care less about the car or money, but I care enough about my brother, that I wouldn't want him to go further, and become a burglar, or worse. I'd let the police take care of things, and hopefully, he'll learn that crime, regardless of whom it's committed against, doesn't pay.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by seyibrown(f): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
. . . . .  and don't forget a 'very tight' Last Will and Testament for the security of your wife+ children+ other loved ones. If he can do this this while you are alive, imagine what he'll do if you go before him!
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by MMM2(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
op
kill ur bros. angry
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by texazzpete(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2011
mpeg:

The naija police aren't as 'nonsense' as your dysfunctional family relationship. why would anyone's brother sell their stuff without asking for permission sef?

Your m'oronic docility in the face of this theft (coupled with the new account you're using) leads me to believe that this is just one of these fake stories insecure and joyless people post on Nairaland just to be the centre of attraction for once in their joyless lives.

And that's just pathetic.
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2011
texazzpete:

The naija police aren't as 'nonsense' as your dysfunctional family relationship. why would anyone's brother sell their stuff without asking for permission sef?
Your m'oronic docility in the face of this theft (coupled with the new account you're using) leads me to believe that this is just one of these fake stories insecure and joyless people post on Nairaland just to be the centre of attraction for once in their joyless lives.
And that's just pathetic.

Ouch!!
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by TLore(m): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
raise N500k and hire a hitman.

seriously he sold your car without your consent and u are still dere wondering what to do? Take action! If you the police are too incompetent for your liking then you can settle it 'personally'

just an idea
Re: My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent by hanswest39: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2011
Whew! that's awful, your brother did that to you. That's so shameful! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Ideal Car, Favorite Production Car & Car Manufacturer / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting / Top 25 Used Fuel Efficient Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.