Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,073 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari (20190 Views)

Senate To Override President Buhari’s Veto On Two Bills / Electoral Act: NASS Plans To Override President Buhari This Week - Sen Olujimi / 49 Senators Sign Against Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by jeff1993: 8:46am On Dec 22, 2021
Zombie Senators .....

Please NL family .... I need someone to mentor me on any digital money making skill.... I am broke and I don't want to be broke next year.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Greenlight123: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2021
You and I no that this government is not ready to go by the will of the people Mr president allow the people to come out in majority to decide what is best for them and the society.
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by alpharoyalty: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2021
When it comes to politics, our senators and representatives suddenly become active.
But when it comes to good governance, they are Cold.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by ityP(m): 8:48am On Dec 22, 2021
JOemmy:

The real issue here is the electronic transmission of results buhari and his supporters are scared of it.

Nah. That's not the issue. If that is, then the NASS should remove ONLY the direct primaries clause and send it back and see if it won't be signed. Kaduna used electronic transmission successfully. Na Hell-Rufai dey there and still didn't say shit. They're not afraid of electronic transmission

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by tunapawizzy: 8:50am On Dec 22, 2021
Baawaa:
I don't know why the northerners don't want to support the bill
the north is the beneficiary of everthing that is wrong with the structure of this country....until u got a southern president with balls...forget electoral bill, forget true federalism
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by ityP(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:

We still dey buy bucket of tears oo

Make una wait for the outcome of these sittings. It seems y'all will cry las las grin
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2021
Baawaa:
Please don't bring in tribalism. There's no petty North or South in it.
Nigerians did not elect Mr Malami. The Senate can act to protect democracy and the national interest in this case where the opinion of an unelected official is holding the President captive.

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by chloride6: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2021
Drama ooh...

Drama....

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by ityP(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2021
LibertyRep:
81 in private.

When it comes to actual voting in the full glare of the camera, the number will reduce to an inconsequential status.

All it takes is to dust their files with the EFCC.

Aswear. They'll receive calls about one loot or the other and mouth go change. We await this beautiful movie that's about to unfold grin

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2021
This battle is bigger than Tinubu

He won't win

And if Tinubu pushes his luck too far, we go open him file

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by PHIPEX(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2021
That's an initial gra gra, they will do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by dingbang(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2021
I wonder how a whole lanky man will have so much powers in the country.
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2021
chrisblack:
That's not the issue.
Some of you can't seem to read the plain reasons in political issues. It boils down to leverage. Direct primaries afford a candidate the opportunity to test is or her popularity directly without being subjected to the influence of power brokers.the senators are in support because they feel there governor's have an undue influence and control over their nominations or ticket. While the power brokers feel that indirect primaries are needed for consensus and better being able to present a candidate acceptable to all. Both sides have their advantages and also their disadvantages.
But in this particular aspect. It's all about 2023.
Tinubus group needs the direct primaries for him to stand a chance. While his opponents needs the Indirect primaries to finish him totally

Case closed!

Wetin remain?

They are fighting for themselves as usual...... despite all the grammar..... thanks for saying it as it is...... politics is about getting what you want ........ control of certain resources by hook or crook to be precise...... the slaves get leftovers....

_Hell Victorinho
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Tareq1105: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2021
Baawaa:

No no no, it's not Northerners. Don't bring ethnic colouration into this. It's the Governors & Malami Vs Law Makers & Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:56am On Dec 22, 2021
Metrix147:
Following the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to decline assent to the 2021 Amended Electoral Bill, 81 out of 109 Senators on Tuesday indicated interest to veto the President.

ABN TV had brought you a report that the Senate dissolved into a closed session at 1:57 pm on Tuesday to discuss the reasons given by the President for declining his assent the 2010 Electoral Act (amendments) Bill 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uWdFQ4V6-Y
The president, in a letter to the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, cited insecurity and the cost of conducting direct primaries in political parties, as his reasons for rejecting the bill.

The letter was read out by Mr Lawan at the start of plenary on Tuesday.

In the bill, passed by the National Assembly in October, the lawmakers passed that political parties should adopt direct mode of primaries in choosing candidates for elective offices.

This provision had stirred rift between the lawmakers and governors – who disagreed with the idea of direct primaries.

The lawmakers were about to consider and pass the 2022 budget when Mr Sekibo asked that the Senate goes into an executive session to discuss the president’s veto.

“I want to call this Senate to go into a closed-door session to discuss the president’s letter today, “he said.

The lawmaker said it is important that they discuss the issue and decide the next line of action before embarking on Christmas break.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/after-rejection-of-assent-to-2021-electoral-bill-81-senators-decide-to-override-buhari-video/

I BET MY 2022 salary that this will never happen

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by smallsmall: 8:57am On Dec 22, 2021
excellence44:
Until otherwise, they remain rubber stamp.

Gbajabiamilla has mischievously adjourned the House of Rep till next year, just to scuttle the planned override of the Legislators.
All the noise he is making publicly, is just to deceive Nigerians.

Nigerians should rise against this Usurpers and thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2021
E remain House of Reps
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Fiscus105(m): 9:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Militant30:
The fear of Buhari is beginning to fade away like the stars of the morning.

The only problem now is that the brown teeth of Lagos still think He will be president of Nigeria not knowing that Nigerians are ready to give him the beating of his life on election day.

Let them support bubu at detriment of their own polical future nah. For now buhari has put their future in the hands of their state governors and trust me 1/4 won't scale through.
Nonsense Obojo eye grin grin grin grin
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by bluefilm: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Initial Gra Gra.

Dasal.

Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by fergie001: 9:04am On Dec 22, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
E remain House of Reps
For your mind, you believe this Senate will override President Buhari? grin grin grin grin

It is Impossicant. They don't have the ballzzzz, even some of the PDP Senators will not even stand for it.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2021
JOemmy:

The real issue here is the electronic transmission of results buhari and his supporters are scared of it.

Political neophyte with no independent thoughts of his own.
You are just parroting Wike's delusion without thinking.
Let them remove the clause under argument, and see if the president will not sign.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Successlane: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2021
AUDIO 81 Signatures.
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Gbagura: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
Tinubu urchins hypocrisy stinks

now they're longing for an independent senate
now they're praying for independent national assembly just because the dead political ambition of their god Tinubu is in danger cheesy
Hahahaha
Same people hailing the rubber stamp senate as the best ever are now wishing it was Saraki cheesy
funny sets of urchins and criminals.
I don't like Buhari but I love the way he's teaching these brown teeth drug lord and his urchins gworo and tuwo politics grin

moral lessons: be careful how you support evil because it might be your turn one day
Can I see 2 buckets of your tears pls? Don't forget to send invoice. It's urgent...

5 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please don't bring in tribalism. There's no petty North or South in it.
Nigerians did not elect Mr Malami. The Senate can act to protect democracy and the national interest in this case where the opinion of an unelected official is holding the President captive.
Baloney!!

Whoever heard of a commander-in-chief held captive by his political appointee? What is he using? swords, gun or lockchain? Or maybe he has his nude pics or that of his wife?

You praise-singers are simply ridiculous.
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by nzeobi(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2021
chrisblack:
That's not the issue.
Some of you can't seem to read the plain reasons in political issues. It boils down to leverage. Direct primaries afford a candidate the opportunity to test is or her popularity directly without being subjected to the influence of power brokers.the senators are in support because they feel there governor's have an undue influence and control over their nominations or ticket. While the power brokers feel that indirect primaries are needed for consensus and better being able to present a candidate acceptable to all. Both sides have their advantages and also their disadvantages.
But in this particular aspect. It's all about 2023.
Tinubus group needs the direct primaries for him to stand a chance. While his opponents needs the Indirect primaries to finish him totally

I agree with some of the things you said. But stop believing that direct primaries allows the candiates to test their popularity in the Nigerian context cos it's more fraudulent and easy to manipulate cos you don't know the number of people that will be voting.
Look at what Ahmed gulak did in IMO State.
Look at the primaries APC conducted in anambra and osun state.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 9:19am On Dec 22, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

[s]Baloney!!

Whoever heard of a commander-in-chief held captive by his political appointee? What is he using? swords, gun or lockchain? Or maybe he has his nude pics or that of his wife?

You praise-singers are simply ridiculous[/s].
Your response adds no value to my comment.
It will be better you quit my mentions since you find it difficult to comprehend, sir wink
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Ugonna62: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2021
Noise makers.,by this time tomorrow.that 81 senators will reduce to 08.
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Bimpe29: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2021
If this is true, it means the 9th NASS for the first time is poised to test the water and experience the feelings of separation of powers.
Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Nyanabo(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2021
Baawaa:

Everything is not always about the north. Have you ever thought of your own senators/Reps sabotaging their collective efforts ?

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:04am On Dec 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Your response adds no value to my comment.
It will be better you quit my mentions since you find it difficult to comprehend, sir wink

Your comment is valueless in the first place. I am just usually peeved at the tangent you take on critical national issues all the while posturing as a patriot.
What has Malami got to do with the President exercising the powers of his office that you have suddenly entwined him in this matter?

Is Malami also responsible for old grazing routes the president wants restored?
Is he the one who said "you can't sit down in Lagos and determine zoning"?
When same Buhari deliberately declined assent to the 2018 electoral bill, you did not blame Malami then. How come Malami is to blame now?

I'm really shocked that politics can reduce an educated and sane individual to such level of silly prejudice and wilful blindness.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: 81 Senators Sign To Override President Buhari by garfield1: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
What are the names of the 81?
That we may put them in Nigeria's honour roll.

If this happens,this Senate automatically becomes the greatest ever senate.saraki only deceived nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Michael Achimugu, Fomer Aide To Atiku Abubakar Accuses Him Of Corruption / Delta 2023: APC, Omo-Agege Solicit ‘Obidients’ Votes / 2019 Presidency: PDP To Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases - Daily Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.