Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House (32199 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by cescky(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
ignis:

Respect other people's opinion.

No, i wont respects nor support stupidity
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by senboy204(m): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Sorry oooo Mr. Ego, i will like to ask, what if the table turns around and its your father, Mother, brother or sister she serves first, will you complain . Humanity, always making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

SayAsSeen:
Hello friends, I'd like to ask intelligent and older minds for advise about an issue before I react.

My wife's elder brother is visiting my house and my wife has been serving his food first before serving and bringing my good, in my own house.

Please I just want to ask if this is wrong or right or even just normal?

I worked all through the night and was famished by the time the day broke this morning. I gave her some dough and told her to prepare me noodles and sardine, emphasizing on the fact that I was very hungry.

NOTE: Her Brother was still asleep at this time.

She prepared the meal, split it into two. Woke up and served her brother first in my guest room before coming to my room to give her hungry husband his food.

I was so mad, I ignored the food, went out to smoke a cigarette. While I was doing that it occured to me ask for advice here, because I didn't want to ask anybody I knew personally.

I still don't know whether to be mad, or to just ignore it.

I am a strong believer of common sense and respect and her actions this morning lack both! It would have take her less than 30 seconds to give me my food then go wake and serve her brother!

Is she told me she needed money for something and I put my younger sister's need over her's-no matter how tribal her's might be-i know how she'd react and the amount of making up I'd have to do.

I am trying to be very mature about this, that's why I keeping things anonymous?

Besides I'd like to know, I possibly can't be the only person who has experienced this sort of situation because they say there's nothing new under the sun. Please who has ever felt this way, I am very understanding and if something irks me, it would irk every body else too.

Wish I could explain better
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
BullyBullies:

Thanks boss. Merry Xmas and happy new year to you and family bro. Stay safe out there pls

You are welcome and Thanks my Chairman, I dey loyal. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and your family too sir. Stay safe too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
airexx:
Very senseless things

Abi
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by cedricksly: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
SayAsSeen:
Hello friends, I'd like to ask intelligent and older minds for advise about an issue before I react.

My wife's elder brother is visiting my house and my wife has been serving his food first before serving and bringing my good, in my own house.

I worked all through the night and was famished by the time the day broke this morning. I gave her some dough and told her to prepare me noodles and sardine, emphasizing on the fact that I was very hungry.

She prepared the meal, split it into two. Woke up and served her brother first in my guest room before coming to my room to give her hungry husband his food.

I was so mad, I ignored the food, went out to smoke a cigarette. While I was doing that it occured to me ask for advice here, because I didn't want to ask anybody I knew personally.

I am a strong believer of common sense and respect and her actions this morning lack both! It would have take her less than 30 seconds to give me my food then go wake and serve her brother!

Is she told me she needed money for something and I put my younger sister's need over her's-no matter how tribal her's might be-i know how she'd react and the amount of making up I'd have to do.

I am trying to be very mature about this, that's why I keeping things anonymous?

Besides I'd like to know, I possibly can't be the only person who has experienced this sort of situation because they say there's nothing new under the sun. Please who has ever felt this way, I am very understanding and if something irks me, it would irk every body else too.

oga I'm a guy too and there is nothing wrong with it, u read meaning to every little things you should ignore that's the genesis of u causing problem in your own home... Most times my own lady serve her brothers first before serving me, because she would not want to serve me food and have to leave my presence to attend to her brother's food.. So she rather serve them first and bring in my own or our food to eat, if she isn't eating, she is watching me eat and gist with me incase I need anything .... So Mr man don't create a problem that isn't there
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fa44me: 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Your comment is second sensible one l have seen on the matter. What some people can't tolerate, they will tell others to do. Op said he was hungry and instructed his wife to prepare what he wanted to eat, when she is done, instead of her to dish her husband own , she went to wake up the person (her brother) who was asleep and gave him his own first. Why can't she give the food to her husband who is hungry before waking her brother up? Being a visitor is not an excuse here, It's better to read any post very well and understand the content before making any comment to prevent complicating the issue the more. Op, sit your wife down and tell her what you don't want. By the grace of God, she will change. It's with your family, with their family and our family. Stay blessed.

Favfables1:

The most sensible comment I've seen so far...

Personally if it's just a one time thing, I won't be bothered buh it happening consistently is something that'll make me raise eyebrows...

OP talk to your wife and tell her exactly how this makes you feel...
She may be doing it without meaning to upset or disrespect you...

I know this may seem like something "not worth talking about", buh if it hurts you enough for you to open a thread on nairaland, then it's better you communicate with her rather than allow it grow into resentment...

And please leave all those folks up there insulting you for whatever reason, if you do your investigations they're probably not married and thus won't know *exactly* how it feels...

Good luck Chief...
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fa44me: 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Fa44me:
Your comment is second sensible one l have seen on the matter. What some people can't tolerate, they will tell others to do. Op said he was hungry and instructed his wife to prepare what he wanted to eat, when she is done, instead of her to dish her husband own , she went to wake up the person (her brother) who was asleep and gave him his own first. Why can't she give the food to her husband who is hungry before waking her brother up? Being a visitor is not an excuse here, It's better to read any post very well and understand the content before making any comment to prevent complicating the issue the more. Op, sit your wife down and tell her what you don't want. By the grace of God, she will change. It's well with your family, with their family and our family. Stay blessed.

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by ignis: 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
cescky:

No, i wont respects nor support stupidity

Ok
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Amasimichael: 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
There is nothing wrong with that. Her brother is a visitor. You shud serve your visitor b4 eating urself. U sef. N stop smoking. It's not gud for u.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by 234GT(m): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
mardis:
Op, forget all those saying, there is nothing wrong in it. Infact everything is wrong with it. I am very sure majority of them aren't married so they don't see it they way you are seeing it. If it was her parents i would understand. Her brother stay your house shouldn't exeed 3days, he should go stay in a hotel. Culture and tradition permit a wife to serve her husband first before others. It is respect. The brother should even be the one to correct that.
Please talk to her, just do it in a calm way, so she can understand and correct herself.

You are the only sensible person on this thread.
What is a sensible man doing in the matrimonial home of his younger sister?
He has no business being there in the first place. He should stay in a hotel.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Treepower2000: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Passionnn post=108738868]

I guess you need to work more on your ego and anger management.
Forget the fact you are the breadwinner bla bla bla...
[b]
She is your wife, not your slave,

But he who worked through the night and hungry is her slave and her brother's slave.
This your wisdom is upside down
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Treepower2000: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=WillyDave post=108795480][/quote]
Comprehension?
The guy pointed out he is a shift worker. If you have worked through the night you'll understand how it feels in the morning.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by leofab(f): 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Amasimichael:
There is nothing wrong with that. Her brother is a visitor. You shud serve your visitor b4 eating urself. U sef. N stop smoking. It's not gud for u.
and we knew oP didn’t smoke a cigarette.. he rolled a blunt..

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by elantraceey(f): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
yemi1504:

SMH. Awon woke generation, no matter divorces dey fly left, right, center, up and down lol.

Lmao.... So you mean going to kitchen to serve food you'll eat in your own tummy is the reason for divorce these days? Wow.... Omo.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by elantraceey(f): 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

You are mad.

E pain you ba? The thought of doing what you're comfortable doing as a single person when you get married is madness abi.... SMH.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by yemi1504: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
elantraceey:

Lmao.... So you mean going to kitchen to serve food you'll eat in your own tummy is the reason for divorce these days? Wow.... Omo.

SMH.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fiscus105(m): 6:58am On Dec 26, 2021
chatinent:
The way men pick on irrelevant things these days now amuse me.

About the part you said her bro was asleep and she woke him up to serve him, it smells a bag full of lies said to solidify your points.

Uhmmmm. Yoruba adage, u don't go far that's why you don't see hunchbacked squirrels.

I know a coworker that is witness more than this, even if its fake, you can see the comments of some ladies that suggested they could do more than that.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Fiscus105(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2021
Chuvin22:
The brother is an important GUEST!
The house is yours. Your wife is serving the guest good on behalf of you.

Now the question is If you have an important guest will you eat first before serving them?

Because he is important guest, wife must go and wake him early in the morin on the bed even though husband just came back from work and was hungry. Did u read that part in his post?
Meanwhile, which person (guess or not would be more important in her life than her husband (crown)
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by ogawisdom(m): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2021
SayAsSeen:

It's a very bad behavior u need to calm down and talk to her about it. She may not see anything wrong with it
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by aalangel(f): 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hmm.....it all depends. My husband wouldn't mind though. I don't have a brother, but if my cousin who I see as a brother visits, my husband wouldn't mind me serving my cousin before him.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Alabo7978(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
elantraceey:

E pain you ba? The thought of doing what you're comfortable doing as a single person when you get married is madness abi.... SMH.
Shake your head very well.
People like you will go to your man's house, cook, wash, do everything but come online to form woke.

It's not your fault.
Na white people fault.

Women don't fear their husband's again.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by elantraceey(f): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
Alabo7978:

Shake your head very well.
People like you will go to your man's house, cook, wash, do everything but come online to form woke.

It's not your fault.
Na white people fault.

Women don't fear their husband's again.

So let me get something straight. Are you looking for a woman that'll be afraid of you or you need a woman that'll love, honour, respect and be loyal to you, which one?
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by SilvanusII(m): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
bigjackass:
Courtesy demands she serve the guest first whether her brother or not.

Nobody is dragging head of the house with you undecided

How can I keep liking this?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Alabo7978(m): 12:03am On Dec 27, 2021
elantraceey:

So let me get something straight. Are you looking for a woman that'll be afraid of you or you need a woman that'll love, honour, respect and be loyal to you, which one?
You're talking about "LOVE HONOUR RESPECT etc"
Young woman, the OP wife didn't show her husband LOVE HONOUR and RESPECT, as for your question fear doesn't necessarily mean "to dey see person dey run"
Stop understanding things like a primary 4 child.
If that woman respects and honour her husband, she wouldn't have acted that Nigerian film she acted.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Naughtysex: 6:02am On Dec 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Op I’m highly disappointed at you!
Why should a matter as trivial as this get you all worked up? So what What even made you notice this to even find a fault? Like you strike me as someone who picks up a fight at every given chance.
Learn to overlook things and overlooking things is a common trait with men.
Tell me if you will also feel comfortable seeing your husband answering (pleasing) his sister before you

Answer it with every sincerity in you
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:04am On Dec 27, 2021
Naughtysex:
Tell me if you will also feel comfortable seeing your husband answering (pleasing) his sister before you

Answer it with every sincerity in you
Lol so what ?? She is his sister right ? I would even expect him to do more please!!! Why should I be competing with his sister? As in you are really funny oh!
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Depsui(m): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Lol so what ?? She is his sister right ? I would even expect him to do more please!!! Why should I be competing with his sister? As in you are really funny oh!

You're special or unmarried.
Re: Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:47am On Dec 28, 2021
Depsui:

You're special or unmarried.
I’m married ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife Eating Tantalizer Food With Her Boyfriend / Woman Chases Kidnapper Riding Motorcycle, Rescues Daughter (PHOTO) / 6-Year-Old Boy Cries As His Mother Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.