Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! (10466 Views)

Can You Pray That Your Life Should Be Run The Way Pmb Is Running Nigeria? / Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / N15bn Loan Approved For Locally-made Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
nice and good ideal, I'm in love with this
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
Nice one Mr Governor
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by billante(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
@sean how can u say it is a foolish project, let me inform you that its well known that innoson(innocent chukwuma) has always being saying that his goal is to make cars very affordable to nigerians as he did with his motorcycles!!

He said his saloon cars should not cost more than 1 million, for you information these buses cost 4 million unlike foreign ones dat goes above 8 million!! are they are still high quality as you can see from the picture!! the parts are 75% locally sourced, believe me u cant get it better anywhere!!

pls stop being a kill joy!!
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by HighChief4(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2011
This news has just gladdened my heart. Chime is really doing so well and has already carved a niche for himself
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by saintohia: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2011
At least very nice move, do you know the meaning of "BMW" & how it started?

Sullivan, pls keep it up and improve where u need 2 as the project progresses.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by jackkyy(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
proud to be from nnewi the industrial town
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by egift(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2011
Here are some pics I took 3 days ago.

Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by SamMilla1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2011
Trust me, I would vote for Enugu as the best developing state in Nigeria anytime.
Everything here is very neat, good roads, solar powered street lights everywhere even down to my Village, (imagine that).
Currently pipes are being planted everywhere for water.
The roads are as good as that of Europe, clearly marked for traffic.

The innoson buses are as good as foreign made. I have used it once and the Air Condition is as good as that of the European buses or even better.  
The best news is that there are manufactured entirely here in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by egift(m): 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2011
More.

Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by tayoTFC(m): 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2011
BRT, ajeku eko, good for ENUGU
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by emekagh(m): 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2011
tayoTFC:

BRT, ajeku eko, good for ENUGU

Don't derail this nice thread with bigotry.
What is wrong if they copied Lagos state? And what even made you think Mass Transit is originally a Lagos state idea?

@Topic

Great work Chime, let hope every other state government follow your lead in taking Buy Nigeria to a higher level.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by OmoTier1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2011
weird it appears it is the governors that are leading the way with the much talked about transformative agenda of GEJ!

Kudos to IVM and Enugu government.Hope this is a shadow of the real thing to come.

Very welcomed development indeed!
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by sayso: 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2011
maintenance is the key,please put immediate maintenance plan.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by SamMilla1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
Since the Vehicles are locally made, i believe maintenance is covered .
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2011
So nigerian now produces buses?
We cant even produce plastic cups and spoons not to talk of automobiles.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ak47mann(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
poster
am from nnewi as well which town in nnewi do you come from? cool
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by justokey(m): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2011
This is really good. I have heard so much about developments in Enugu, am tempted to take a short holiday there soon.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by emekagh(m): 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
justokey:

This is really good. I have heard so much about developments in Enugu, am tempted to take a short holiday there soon.

You just read my mind. Enough of hustle and bustle of 'other cities', I need to go chill in the beautiful Coal City of Enugu! tongue cheesy grin
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by marocguy(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
the buses look flashy n porshe,looking generally better than d first batch of merc marcopolo coal city shuttles bought from ANAMMCO. I had to enter it once,very comfortable porsh interior,automated doors designed for the transport scheme.generally it looks less durable than merc n volvo. I doubt its ability to survive nigerian highways.
Unlike the IVM buses,the refuse collector trucks look fairly stronger that they have replaced the mack fleet first used by ESWAMA,that have almost all broken down as seen in the ESWAMA truck yard. The IVM refuse trucks which come in two models have almost taken over.
The IVM jeeps,luk pretty gud,i have just seen one recently purchased by a federal parastatal in enugu,i usually pass it enroute work in the mornings,had d opportunity to look closely at it and i would say i was fairly impressed by it. You can hardly notice its IVM made. Looking big and flashy and fairly stronger than hyundai and kia jeeps i have seen. Considering d availability of spare parts and and proximity of the manufacturing plant,i will buy it b4 a kia.
Overall,i am impressed by the IVM coy products. Enugu state govt 2 4 patronising admist d risk. Heard anambra govt is taking deliveries of the buses too. Other govts should emulate. Infact GEj who commisioned d plant last year should initiate a policy that would make govt agencies to purchase d vehicles. I even heard IVM is competing with OGBUAWA n co to purchase the state govt/Daimler owned currently unfunctional ANAMMCO mercedes benz car assembly plant,which is folding up,messed up by corruption n fraud.
Nice move if thats true,d plant is bigger and more sophiscated than IVM plant in anambra state i hear.
More nigerian made products,cars, all we want. Good 4 our economy!
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by romeo(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
And the Anambra state government did not see the importance of this? Good one Chime, but i need my Enugu Zoo back.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by adejoro75: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
AVM kwenu! Enugu kwenu!!! Igbo kwezuenu!!! Another first, INDEED.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by romeo(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
marocguy:

the buses look flashy n porshe,looking generally better than d first batch of merc marcopolo coal city shuttles bought from ANAMMCO. I had to enter it once,very comfortable porsh interior,automated doors designed for the transport scheme.generally it looks less durable than merc n volvo. I doubt its ability to survive nigerian highways.
Unlike the IVM buses,the refuse collector trucks look fairly stronger that they have replaced the mack fleet first used by ESWAMA,that have almost all broken down as seen in the ESWAMA truck yard. The IVM refuse trucks which come in two models have almost taken over.
The IVM jeeps,luk pretty gud,i have just seen one recently purchased by a federal parastatal in enugu,i usually pass it enroute work in the mornings,had d opportunity to look closely at it and i would say i was fairly impressed by it. You can hardly notice its IVM made. Looking big and flashy and fairly stronger than hyundai and kia jeeps i have seen. Considering d availability of spare parts and and proximity of the manufacturing plant,i will buy it b4 a kia.
Overall,i am impressed by the IVM coy products. Enugu state govt 2 4 patronising admist d risk. Heard anambra govt is taking deliveries of the buses too. Other govts should emulate. Infact GEj who commisioned d plant last year should initiate a policy that would make govt agencies to purchase d vehicles. I even heard IVM is competing with OGBUAWA n co to purchase the state govt/Daimler owned currently unfunctional ANAMMCO mercedes benz car assembly plant,which is folding up,messed up by corruption n fraud.
Nice move if thats true,d plant is bigger and more sophiscated than IVM plant in anambra state i hear.
More nigerian made products,cars, all we want. Good 4 our economy!

good piece u did there, thanks
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by jmaine: 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2011
Sweet development . . Sweet Suswam . . well done  grin grin
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by odumchi: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
Better than being packed into thirty year old molues and danfos  grin
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by kelvin(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
tom28:

So nigerian now produces buses?
We cant even produce plastic cups and spoons not to talk of automobiles.

That's where you are wrong. About 90% of plastics used in this country are made right here. Plus I think what Innoson is really doing is assembling the parts.

Still, kudos to the Enugu government and to IVM. I have experienced these buses so I can confirm that its all real,
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
alj_harem:

Good move, i do not see why lagos and other states would prefer to import buses when innoson is there, really

we should encourage this company and not discourage them

moreover come to think of it, the over all cost of the buses brought in nigeria would be alot cheaper than imported one

cost of shipment

exchange rate

cost of spare parts since innoson is in nigeria and not abroad

cost of repair

etc

supported +10

If it turns out that:
A) it cheaper to assemble Chinese buses (IVM) rather than import them directly
B) the state governments were interested in sourcing Chinese buses

Then definitely. But I'm not sure that (A) and (B) are true in all cases.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Panzastrip(m): 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2011
billante:

@sean how can u say it is a foolish project, let me inform you that its well known that innoson(innocent chukwuma) has always being saying that his goal is to make cars very affordable to nigerians as he did with his motorcycles!!

He said his saloon cars should not cost more than 1 million, for you information these buses cost 4 million unlike foreign ones dat goes above 8 million!! are they are still high quality as you can see from the picture!! the parts are 75% locally sourced, believe me u cant get it better anywhere!!

[/quote

No mind Sean, na because say them no build or as assemble am in yoruba land.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by lagcity(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
this is a good start and welcome development. how i wish the governors had more competitive spirit in them.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Panzastrip(m): 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
No mind Sean, na because say them no build or as assemble am in yoruba land

billante:

No mind Sean, na because say them no build or as assemble am in yoruba land
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Sagamite(m): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2011
Seun:

If those were not the best buses they could get for the price, then this is probably foolish. Source?

ekt_bear:

Good for Enugu State if this ended up being the cheapest they could find subject to whatever quality constraints they have.

BTW, Innoson assembles knockdown kits of Chinese buses, they don't build buses from scratch.

Thank you!

I am not into foolish patriotism.

Nigerian students need to demonstrate a bit more analytical depth than rice N80 analysis.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

weird it appears it is the governors that are leading the way with the much talked about transformative agenda of GEJ!

Kudos to IVM and Enugu government.Hope this is a shadow of the real thing to come.

Very welcomed development indeed!

You can say that a billion times and I am ready to beat the crap off anybody that questions you on that. GEJ is the dullest President alive but smart when it comes to looting invisibly
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2011
Sagamite:

Thank you!

I am not into foolish patroitism.

Nigerian students need to demonstrate a bit more analytical depth than rice N80 analysis.

I don't mind patriotism, but as a citizen of State X, I'd want State X to set its priority to be delivering the most value for the money. The FG can afford to do "patriotic" subsidies or whatever. But State X must stretch its cash as far as it can go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun LP Disowns Gbenga Daniel / International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration / Obasanjo Wins IgbereTV Award, Hosts Crew (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.