Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso (3204 Views)

If Buhari Had Won The April Polls / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by EkoIle1: 5:36am On Jun 15, 2011
Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano State yesterday lamented that the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) failed to field his Lagos state counterpart, Babatunde Fashola, at the April polls because of certain lapses.

Playing guest to Fashola at the state secretariat, Alausa Ikeja, Kwankwaso confessed that it was the wish of the PDP to have Fashola fly its flag two months ago.

Disclosing that his visit was part of his administration's resolve to kick start a rebirth and economic partnership in Kano State, Kwankwaso said, "I found it necessary to come and see my brother, I want to congratulate him, even though we had wanted him to contest under the platform of the PDP, nevertheless, we wish him well".

According to him, his relationship with Lagos State dates back to 20 years ago, adding that Kano and Lagos states share many things in common."I have had good relationship with the leadership in Lagos. I was with Bola Tinubu at the National Assembly twenty years ago when he was a senator and I was the Deputy Speaker of the House of Reps under the SDP and I have so many friends and senators in Lagos as well. So, since then I have had very good relationship with Lagos, he said."

Kwankwaso who was governor of Kano State between 1999 and 2003 to return eight years after said the period within which he left office and returned afforded him an overview of the expectations of the people of Kano.

"We only did half time and we had some rest and that gave us time to think on how to make Kano a better place. Now we are back in the Government House and in full gear and we have started doing what a government should do," he said.

According to him, Lagos being a key player in the development of the country and the successes it had recorded so far in the areas of infrastructural development, revenue generation as well as security prompted his visit "to see how best we can make the two states to make the country a better place.

"We look forward to see you in Kano to tell you what we did in Kano between 1999 and 2003 and even what happened between 2003 and 2011. Some of the experiences are priceless and can cost a lot and that's why we don't want to waste time reinventing what is already in existence," he expressed.

Responding, Governor Fashola emphasised the need for each state of the federation to develop strategies on building the nation, stressing that, "Nigeria will not develop or prosper by what is done in the Federal Capital Territory alone".

"The development that takes place in each of the 36 states using their local resources, their local talent, diverse resources, models and laboratory centres from different levels of development will aggregate to the common and corporate development of Nigeria. I think that this is the best way that as state managers and state chief executives. We must take control of the destiny and progress of this country by creating viable activity centres of commerce, security and of education in each of the 36 states".

He also noted that the visit was key to both states as they share the challenge of rapid urbanization.

"Its commercial allure is a lot of pressure on government and social services. There are still certain places I think we can develop a synergy on how best to manage this urban challenge that really tasks the limits, endurance and ingenuity of state and city managers", Fashola added.

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201106130332.html
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by EkoIle1: 5:37am On Jun 15, 2011
This has got to be the silliest delusion ever, they need to lay off the ganja.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Kilode1: 5:47am On Jun 15, 2011
Responding, Governor Fashola emphasised the need for each state of the federation to develop strategies on building the nation, stressing that, "Nigeria will not develop or prosper by what is done in the Federal Capital Territory alone".

"The development that takes place in each of the 36 states using their local resources, their local talent, diverse resources, models and laboratory centres from different levels of development will aggregate to the common and corporate development of Nigeria. I think that this is the best way that as state managers and state chief executives. We must take control of the destiny and progress of this country by creating viable activity centres of commerce, security and of education in each of the 36 states.

That is the man.

It appears Fashola has turned Alausa into the Mecca of smart governance? He's walking the talk too. I hope he's charging them for the free advice.

They better start cloning him?
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by efisher(m): 6:18am On Jun 15, 2011
When Beaf said something about this a couple of weeks back, some politically naive people thought he was crazy. Politics can yield surprises at any time. It is not about angels and demons.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by hercules07: 6:50am On Jun 15, 2011
If Fashola had crossed over to the PDP, he would have lost, the guy is not dense, he knows where his bread is buttered.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 15, 2011
Field him as what ? Governorship or presidential candidate ?
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by efisher(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2011
Good question. We need more details.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by enyojo(f): 6:58am On Jun 15, 2011
Kilode?!:

That is the man.

It appears Fashola has turned Alausa into the Mecca of smart governance? He's walking the talk too. I hope he's charging them for the free advice.

GOV IBRO IS NOT ONLY MY GOVERNOR BUT ALSO FROM MY TOWN.
HE NEEDS TO DO A 6 MONTHS IT UNDER FASHOLA.
UNFORTUNATELY FOR HIM, HIS TENURE IS ABOUT TO END
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by laj1(m): 8:35am On Jun 15, 2011
Please how can i post a new topic on nairaland.someone should hit me back on hardedejidewunmi@yahoo.com or on my facebook address (hardedejidewunmi@yahoo.com).its been giving me headache since.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Ystranger: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2011
enyojo:

So you are Hausa?

Who taught you hoe to use internet? Lagosians?
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by ektbear: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2011
She is from Kogi
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Ystranger: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

She is from Kogi

enyojo:

What?

Shekerau is from Kogi?
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by ObamaUS: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2011
Can u imagine this saying he was in the senate 20years ago and he's still in governance, God save naija
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by anointedf(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2011
Waki and die, chop and quench politicians. Before his death or irrelevance, he will introduce his son(s). The national cake is so big, imagine the state of Kwara.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2011
Fashola for President 2015
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Akanbiedu(m): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2011
In their dreams.

Fashola should note, in case he is considering PDP for whatever reason, that their non-performance is not about individuals, it is about a system they put in place. It's a system that is designed to fail. No matter how brilliant the president is, if he doesn't have enough structure to change that system, it would never bring results.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Ystranger: 9:46am On Jun 15, 2011
Kilode?!:

That is the man.

It appears Fashola has turned Alausa into the Mecca of smart governance?  He's walking the talk too. I hope he's charging them for the free advice.

We shouldnt get ahead of ourselves Ok?

Lagos used to be the former state capital.

Fashola has more money than they, the rest, will have have access to?

Lagos is the Commercial nerve center of Lagos, not because of Fashola's policy.  Fashola has had no ground-breaking economic policy effect whatsoever on Lagos. He is building roads, No. repairing, yes.  Is he attracting more jobs to Lagos? As in Big companies? Not sure, but havent heard any?  Employment rate in Lagos is still the highest in the country. Are jobs moving away from Lagos? Well, Federal Government parastatals are moving away to Abuja, gradually, but surely. Good thing? Yes and NO? Not sure how many of them, federal employees, pay state tax.

And Glo's HQ is in IB, not Lag? A big loss to Lagos, but quite a good thing for the rest of the country as a whole.

Education? How many schools has he built? How many new teachers has he employed? Any new policy to improve WAEC/JAMB results of Lagos State students? Nada, All these 'bojuboju' thing WRT paying for their exam fees isnt gonna change anything in the long run. We dont even know how much of that amount is actually used to pay for the exam fees and what percentage finds its way to Omo Alhaja's Swiss account.

Health? Not sure whaat he is doing? Gbagada general, from what my friends tell me, is still as decrepit as ever. Lagos State doctors/nurses just came back from strike, init? and LASU professors too, No?

I can go on, but I have other stuff to do.

Anyway, my point is, it is still the usual inept administration we are used to in Lagos, and indeed in Nigeria, besides repairing roads, beautifying streets, employing Tinubu's touts/thugs ( for reasons that are well obvious to us all), his never ending rigmarole with his "mentor," and his, manipulative, penchant to inundate us with seemingly new (already thought off, but discarded by previous administrations),  impractical, 'un-implementable,' yet photo-op-able projects. I really dont get the hullabaloo

Any monkey could have done what he is doing. With money, anyone would have achieved what he has achieved, if not more.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by seunlayi(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

In their dreams.

Fashola should note, in case he is considering PDP for whatever reason, that their non-performance is not about individuals, it is about a system they put in place. It's a system that is designed to fail. No matter how brilliant the president is, if he doesn't have enough structure to change that system, it would never bring results.
THE SYSTEM INDEED IS BAD
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by seunlayi(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

In their dreams.

THE SYSTEM INDEED IS BAD
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2011
People Destroying People (PDP) have no plan or agenda for this generation and the generation yet unborn.

Fashola should be careful of PDP romance.

The bible says ye are the light and salt of the world, fashola is a light to PDP Darkness, up fashola 2015, God will see you true
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Jovann: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ Eko Ile

Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso
« on: Today at 05:36:24 AM »

Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano State yesterday lamented that the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) failed to field his Lagos state counterpart, Babatunde Fashola, at the April polls because of certain lapses.

Playing guest to Fashola at the state secretariat, Alausa Ikeja, Kwankwaso confessed that it was the wish of the PDP to have Fashola fly its flag two months ago.

Disclosing that his visit was part of his administration's resolve to kick start a rebirth and economic partnership in Kano State, Kwankwaso said, "I found it necessary to come and see my brother, I want to congratulate him, even though we had wanted him to contest under the platform of the PDP, nevertheless, we wish him well".

According to him, his relationship with Lagos State dates back to 20 years ago, adding that Kano and Lagos states share many things in common."I have had good relationship with the leadership in Lagos. I was with Bola Tinubu at the National Assembly twenty years ago when he was a senator and I was the Deputy Speaker of the House of Reps under the SDP and I have so many friends and senators in Lagos as well. So, since then I have had very good relationship with Lagos, he said."

Kwankwaso who was governor of Kano State between 1999 and 2003 to return eight years after said the period within which he left office and returned afforded him an overview of the expectations of the people of Kano.

"We only did half time and we had some rest and that gave us time to think on how to make Kano a better place. Now we are back in the Government House and in full gear and we have started doing what a government should do," he said.

According to him, Lagos being a key player in the development of the country and the successes it had recorded so far in the areas of infrastructural development, revenue generation as well as security prompted his visit "to see how best we can make the two states to make the country a better place.

"We look forward to see you in Kano to tell you what we did in Kano between 1999 and 2003 and even what happened between 2003 and 2011. Some of the experiences are priceless and can cost a lot and that's why we don't want to waste time reinventing what is already in existence," he expressed.

"The development that takes place in each of the 36 states using their local resources, their local talent, diverse resources, models and laboratory centres from different levels of development will aggregate to the common and corporate development of Nigeria. I think that this is the best way that as state managers and state chief executives. We must take control of the destiny and progress of this country by creating viable activity centres of commerce, security and of education in each of the 36 states".

He also noted that the visit was key to both states as they share the challenge of rapid urbanization.

"Its commercial allure is a lot of pressure on government and social services. There are still certain places I think we can develop a synergy on how best to manage this urban challenge that really tasks the limits, endurance and ingenuity of state and city managers", Fashola added.

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201106130332.html
Eko Ile, thanks for all your exclusive pullout on the forum every time. Pls can you text ur email address to my no 0812 905 9996. I will like you to help me with information on Lagos state road projects for a business proposal am developing. Thanks.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by omanzo02: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
efisher:

When Beaf said something about this a couple of weeks back, some politically naive people thought he was crazy. Politics can yield surprises at any time. It is not about angels and demons.

Efisher,

U beat me to that, Now, they will believe BEAF really had his ears to the ground. grin grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by EkoIle1: 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
Ystranger:

Lagos is the Commercial nerve center of Lagos, not because of Fashola's policy.  Fashola has had no ground-breaking economic policy effect whatsoever on Lagos. He is building roads, No. repairing, yes.  Is he attracting more jobs to Lagos? As in Big companies? Not sure, but havent heard any?  Employment rate in Lagos is still the highest in the country. Are jobs moving away from Lagos? Well, Federal Government parastatals are moving away to Abuja, gradually, but surely. Good thing? Yes and NO? Not sure how many of them, federal employees, pay state tax.

And Glo's HQ is in IB, not Lag? A big loss to Lagos, but quite a good thing for the rest of the country as a whole.

Education? How many schools has he built? How many new teachers has he employed? Any new policy to improve WAEC/JAMB results of Lagos State students? Nada, All these 'bojuboju' thing WRT paying for their exam fees isnt gonna change anything in the long run. We dont even know how much of that amount is actually used to pay for the exam fees and what percentage finds its way to Omo Alhaja's Swiss account.

Health? Not sure whaat he is doing? Gbagada general, from what my friends tell me, is still as decrepit as ever. Lagos State doctors/nurses just came back from strike, init? and LASU professors too, No?

Anyway, my point is, it is still the usual inept administration we are used to in Lagos, and indeed in Nigeria, besides repairing roads, beautifying streets, employing Tinubu's touts/thugs ( for reasons that are well obvious to us all), his never ending rigmarole with his "mentor," and his, manipulative, penchant to inundate us with seemingly new (already thought off, but discarded by previous administrations),  impractical, 'un-implementable,' yet photo-op-able projects. I really dont get the hullabaloo

Any monkey could have done what he is doing. With money, anyone would have achieved what he has achieved, if not more.

Damn!!

These rumor mongers sef. You are worse than market women. Dude, get a life.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by dustydee: 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2011
Lagos is now a pace setter. Oh! How I wish my state governor will perform half as much as Fashola. sad
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by ektbear: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
The bitterness in your heart is deep, FStranger. I am beginning to suspect you've had some sort of negative personal encounter with Tinubu, that you are now taking shots at Fashola and denigrating him too.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Gbenge77(m): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
Arguably the best governor,that news comes as no surprise.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by Akanbiedu(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

The bitterness in your heart is deep, FStranger. I am beginning to suspect you've had some sort of negative personal encounter with Tinubu, that you are now taking shots at Fashola and denigrating him too.

I believe the guy lost out in the mainstream share-the-money madness. Obviously that wouldn't have been possible without a figure like Tinubu to rally round.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by jason123: 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
Everything Ystranger has been saying about Tinubu is 100% right on the money!!!!

efisher:

I am surprised as well. Its like Beaf has some kind of inside connections or something! Na wa for that mysterious character!!! shocked smiley
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by aljharem3: 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
up fashola
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by MeGaStReEt: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2011
Which way Nigeria??
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by SUV(f): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2011

Lagos is the Commercial nerve center of Lagos, not because of Fashola's policy.  Fashola has had no ground-breaking economic policy effect whatsoever on Lagos. He is building roads, No. repairing, yes.  Is he attracting more jobs to Lagos? As in Big companies? Not sure, but havent heard any?  Employment rate in Lagos is still the highest in the country. Are jobs moving away from Lagos? Well, Federal Government parastatals are moving away to Abuja, gradually, but surely. Good thing? Yes and NO? Not sure how many of them, federal employees, pay state tax.

Anyway, my point is, it is still the usual inept administration we are used to in Lagos, and indeed in Nigeria, besides repairing roads, beautifying streets, employing Tinubu's touts/thugs ( for reasons that are well obvious to us all), his never ending rigmarole with his "mentor," and his, manipulative, penchant to inundate us with seemingly new (already thought off, but discarded by previous administrations),  impractical, 'un-implementable,' yet photo-op-able projects. I really dont get the hullabaloo

Shows how myopic u are.

How much allocation from federal govt goes  to Lagos state? compare that with Rivers, Bayelsa, and the rest of the states and match it with the state population of each state, before you come here to expose your ignorance.

pls pple like u are permanently blind cos u cannot differentiate light from darkness.
Re: Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso by oladayo042: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2011
Lagos state needs to set up an Administrators Training Institute to train those useless governors and even generate more revenue from it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fasola is the man all the way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tara Agro's 42000 Tonnes Rice Processing Mill Enugu To Be Completed In Jan 2014 / 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram / Welcome To Delta State: The Big Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.