Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

If Buhari Had Won The April Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Had Won The April Polls (5340 Views)

April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2011
If Buhari had won the April polls:

1. The bombs will not be going off like this in the North! Reason, the bombers will consider the fact that one of their own is power, so they will give him chance to reign in "peace" just like the ND militants decided to allow Jonathan to reign in "peace".

2. The Boko haramist will be called militants and not terrorists and they of course will accept Amnesty.

3. The ND militants will be back to the creeks because Buhari will not negotiate with "Terrrorists". The government would have released the full force of the Nigerian Army to wipe out the militants.

4. Of course, the Ihejirika wont be the head of the Army, it would be one Hassan Aminu

5. Sanusi would have taken over more banks (3 is too small)

6. Uwazurike and his Massobians will be facing treason charges now instead of being released.

6. Okonjo Iweala won't be a minister let alone finance. It would be one Mallam Sambo

7. The south will be crying of marginalisation becuase all the key positions will be "zoned" to those who can "work" with the president.

8. There will be so many probs and arrests going on in the name of fighting corruption, but the real corrupt guys like OBJ, Atiku and IBB will be dinning with Buhari.

9. Etc

What am I saying folks?
The problem of Nigeria is the ethnic/religious divide. Let us call for a conference now and negotiate Nigeria.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
Read the CPC manifesto to know what Buhari would hav done if he was in power. Unlike ur lying GEJ and his empty promises
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
unfort I am using a phone and would hav countered evry point U raised
U hav developd a reptutn 4 being antibuhari
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
but d time am through wit U, u will recant every word U posted here
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2011
If Buhari ws in power a smarter security aparatus would have been set up to nip Boko Haram in the Bud
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2011
If Buhari ws in power Sanusi would have been given greater liberty to carry reforms in d banking sector
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by PointB: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2011
noblezone:

If Buhari had won the April polls:

1. The bombs will not be going off like this in the North! Reason, the bombers will consider the fact that one of their own is power, so they will give him chance to reign in "peace" just like the ND militants decided to allow Jonathan to reign in "peace".

2. The Boko haramist will be called militants and not terrorists and they of course will accept Amnesty.

3. The ND militants will be back to the creeks because Buhari will not negotiate with "Terrrorists". The government would have released the full force of the Nigerian Army to wipe out the militants.

4. Of course, the Ihejirika wont be the head of the Army, it would be one Hassan Aminu

5. Sanusi would have taken over more banks (3 is too small)

6. Uwazurike and his Massobians will be facing treason charges now instead of being released.

6. Okonjo Iweala won't be a minister let alone finance. It would be one Mallam Sambo

7. The south will be crying of marginalisation becuase all the key positions will be "zoned" to those who can "work" with the president.

8. There will be so many probs and arrests going on in the name of fighting corruption, but the real corrupt guys like OBJ, Atiku and IBB will be dinning with Buhari.

9. Etc

What am I saying folks?
The problem of Nigeria is the ethnic/religious divide. Let us call for a conference now and negotiate Nigeria.

Not far at all from the truth!
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
DrummaBoy:

unfort I am using a phone and would hav countered evry point U raised
U hav developd a reptutn 4 being antibuhari

I am anti Buhari, anti IBB, anti OBJ, anti Abacha, anti Nzeogwu, anti Murtala and anti all the military zealots who destroyed our heritage as a people.

Yet hear me and hear me well, this thread is not about Buhari though his name is mentioned.

DrummaBoy:

Read the CPC manifesto to know what Buhari would hav done if he was in power. Unlike your lying GEJ and his empty promises

Did you say manifesto? see, I don't care so much about paper, I care about body language and actions. This violence was planned before the elections. Buhari might not even be aware, because in the first place - it was never about him. Buhari is only a pawn in the chess board.

DrummaBoy:

but d time am through wit U, u will recant every word U posted here

I will recant it only if there was no (mis)amalgamation between the South and the Northern Jihardists.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
If Buhari was in power we would not be depending on recycld Iwealas but hav sound Nig comin 4m abroad to help
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
My guy U would neva know what Buhari would do if he is power bc GEJ and Beaf deceivd U guys to voting in a charlatan
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2011
D military isnt our problem but poor leadership
Unfort this same sort of leadership is what we warnd GEJ wil exhibit
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
unfort he didnt dissapont us
D CPC manifesto is a workable document dat would hav transfomd this nation
But alas.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2011
Every supporta of GEJ should keep shut on NL like Beaf bc the govt they voted in has faild this nation
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2011
To blame Buhari or d CPC for d failures of GEJ is d latest and most naive move by GEJ supporters and it is very silly
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by blacksta(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2011
One thing i am definitely sure of " Buhari is a much better choice than GEJ " GEJ is one big calamity after the other. I thought he carried LUCK.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Depilot(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2011
OGD would have been arrested
Akala would have been arrested.
Power supply issues would have been addressed openly.
Obasanjo would have relocated to Congo and IBB to Saudi Arabia.
Poor education and medical standard would have been addressed openly.
EFCC would have been restructured to function better.
Pending corruption cases with EFCC would have been re-opened.
All governors would have been more focused on performing
Oladimeji Bankole would have hated his life by now
All fake politicians businessmen would have stepped down one at a time.
Bombing issue would have been tackled from the root.
Aso Rock would have gotten more respect in general.
Discipline in Nigeria would have been more visible.
Corruption would have drastically reduced.
Mustafa would have been given more time to reveal what he knows.
People responsible for the $17b power supply project would have been probed vigorously.
Minimun wage issue would have been addressed.
Annual salaries of the senators would have been re-addressed

Things in general would have been different and more would have been accomplished by now.
Buhari would have proved to all that our problems in Nigeria are fat like a thief's neck, but solution to these problems is very straight forward.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Depilot(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2011
Jonathan represents a waste of time and a wasted vote.
Just accept the sh1t, put on your seat belt and go with the flow, it is clear that the guy (can) or will not perform, even if you give him 10 years in Aso rock.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by cre8tivity(f): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2011
[b]OGD would have been arrested
Akala would have been arrested.
Power supply issues would have been addressed openly.
Obasanjo would have relocated to Congo and IBB to Saudi Arabia.
Poor education and medical standard would have been addressed openly.
EFCC would have been restructured to function better.
Pending corruption cases with EFCC would have been re-opened.
All governors would have been more focused on performing
Oladimeji Bankole would have hated his life by now
All fake politicians businessmen would have stepped down one at a time.
Bombing issue would have been tackled from the root.
Aso Rock would have gotten more respect in general.
Discipline in Nigeria would have been more visible.
Corruption would have drastically reduced.
Mustafa would have been given more time to reveal what he knows.
People responsible for the $17b power supply project would have been probed vigorously.
Minimun wage issue would have been addressed.
Annual salaries of the senators would have been re-addressed

Things in general would have been different and more would have been accomplished by now.
Buhari would have proved to all that our problems in Nigeria are fat like a thief's neck, but solution to these problems is very straight forward.[/b]

gbam!
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2011
Thank you Depilot. U spoke my mind
Now noblezone U got ur answer
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by werepeLeri: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2011
Thank God he didnt win.

If he had won.

Barack Obama would have been sending his family to Nigeria for medical treatment.

The Queen of England will by now have relocated to Nigeria due to the trouble in London.

Nigerians would by now have been enjoying 24 hours electricity

Nigeria would by now since April have become a Mecca to tourists for the swift development of Nigeria

By now- The 2012 Olympics would have been re scheduled from London to Lagos

By now - Boko Haram would have succeeded in their message - make Western Education very difficult and abolished all form of western education

All Nigerians in the diaspora would have found their way home.

Yes. I believe.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by gokuu(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
If buhari had won, (1) tinubi, akala, OGD, bankole, would be languishing in prison. (2) islamic banking would have commenced already. (3) nasir el-rufai would have demolished all the houses owned by southerners in abuja (4) no projects would be located in the south of Nigeria. (5) MASSOB would have all been executed (6) ND militants would never smell the airport, talk more of going abroad for skills acquisition. They would have been hunted down like animals. (7) ken nnamani, peter odili, victor attah would be in yola prisons.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by DrummaBoy(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
Gokuu even if all U had mentiond had occured, it will still hav been for the good of d nation
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Depilot(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
In addition, Tinubu's wings would have been clipped immediately.
Buhari would have brought back the discipline that is badly missing in our various societies in Nigeria.

Corruption is a result of indiscipline
Disobeying our constitutions is also a result of indiscipline
If these 2 issues are tackled head on, Nigeria will be a better place for you and I.

I can put my money on it, Jonathan doesn't even know this fact; he doesn't know his left from his right. And the sad part of it all is, Nigerians knew this before electing him.
So, deal with it.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Depilot(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2011
Lagos state is getting smaller while Tinubu's pocket is getting fatter.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by jmaine: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
But the Good news is that . . he never won . . . . repeat the elections now and see Buhari lose even more . . . . bunch of sulkers
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Depilot(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
1 of our problems in this country is, we can not be honest to ourselves for once. Even a 2 yr old knows Jonathan isn't it. But yet some Nigerians are still too f00lish to accept this fact. I can remember that we also went thru the same sh1t when Obasanjo choked us with Yaradua. It took over 4 years before Nigerians finally accepted that Yaradua wasn't the solution.
Today in yankee, Obama's administration seems to be struggling and I bet you that most Americans will not hesitate to accept this and carry their votes somewhere else. But my brothers and sisters in Nigeria will rather go to bed with empty stomach and carry on with the f00lishness while politicians and their families get richer.
it is very sad. I hope we wake up quick enough and start voting for the greatness of this country and not because of people's name.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
jmaine:

But the Good news is that . . he never won . . . . repeat the elections now and see Buhari lose even more . . . . bunch of sulkers
I will want poster to put a poll here lets see Buhari and GEJ who gets the upper hand
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by jmaine: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2011
blink182:

I will want poster to put a poll here lets see Buhari and GEJ who gets the upper hand

I see you are resistant to lessons . . . .The same online poll that got smashed when the real Nigerians trooped out to vote . . . . what an illusion you still harbor . . .my guy please wake up from your deep slumber and recognize the shitty value of nairaland polls as regards the real world . . . .
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2011
jmaine:

I see you are resistant to lessons . . . .The same online poll that got smashed when the real Nigerians trooped out to vote . . . . what an illusion you still harbor . . .my guy please wake up from your deep slumber and recognize the shitty value of nairaland polls as regards the real world . . . .
So NLers are fake nigerians? True, nigerians voted in mass for him but they did so based on sentiments not on what GEJ had to offer. One thing I know is nigeria is getting the type of govt we deserve, the decay is just too much among the citizens-even in all this suffering and failed govt. all I still hear are tribal, ethnic and sentimental statements.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by jmaine: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
blink182:

So NLers are fake nigerians?

A nairalander without a valid voters card and a physical presence to partake in the polls is void i.e Fake . . .cos whatever you do online stays online . . .what matters are those who troop out on the D-day to perform their civic responsibilities . . . .

blink182:

True, nigerians voted in mass for him but they did so based on sentiments not on what GEJ had to offer. One thing I know is nigeria is getting the type of govt we deserve, the decay is just

Go tell that to the core Northerners who voted enmasse for Buhari and even took the game as far as murdering innocent Nigerians who am sure were fellow nairalanders . . . . And moreover what did Buhari have to offer, Anti-corruption crusade undecided . . . . when he was busy dining with IBB,Ciroma, Atiku and co before the polls . . . . Not selling at all . . .

Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by gokuu(m): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Gokuu even if all U had mentiond had occured, it will still hav been for the good of d nation
honestly, if i could vote again, i would vote buhari, just so that i can see tinubu in jail and corruption will be minimally reduced! But my fear is that Nigeria will be islamised and the south would be greatly marginalised.
Re: If Buhari Had Won The April Polls by 2mch(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
All the sycophants on this thread and others that survive on chaos and corruption would have been living in abject poverty. They would have had to go to school to acquire real life skills or something. Or attempt to relocate to a foreign country where they would have been refused, and would have ended up in jail with the key thrown into bar beach. Instead of the bambi allah that they do on NL everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vips Spent N29.7bn On Chartered Flights In 2011 / i am from jail now am going to Visit A Real Witchman / Tinubu Should Be Ashamed Of Himself For Dragging With This Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.