Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi (67692 Views)

Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Sheriman(m): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
pocohantas:

The sincerity in your comment is admirable. I don’t think I can be a queen or wife to a man in power. I am too jaguda for that. Before I go do the one wey my husband go dey explain for Channels TV. grin
Pocohantas you're lying if you see the riches glamor and respect coming out from royalty you will change your mind

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by pocohantas(f): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
Sheriman:

Pocohantas you're lying if you see the riches glamor and respect coming out from royalty you will change your mind

There are rich and respected non-royals, I’ll go for that. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Sterope(f): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Lmao. No be woman born them. You need to believe in their curse to be scared of them. They are mere mortals like everyone else.

Xfemt:
This is the reason why I respect the Oba of Benin and obong of calabar

You don’t see all this rubbish there

Disrespect the throne and be coursed for the rest of your life no matter who you’re

5 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

I won't be happy in anyway. I like and respect the man so much. So I'll like to see his marriage work!

God bless you mightily.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Woleobi: 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
relaxandsmile:
As much as men want to be responsible,only women can make a marriage to work.
She has already dropped a heir to the throne and through that she is going to be the indirect future king of that house.
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZEf5JHJwtk
Please learn about kingship in Ife first. Who said the son is automatically an heir?

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ayandee: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Josphine4good:
Continuation;

Ronke is also the cultural ambassador to Queen Moremi Ajasoro, an arm of the House of Oduduwa Foundation. She has been working closely with the traditional ruler for some years now prompting her to move to Ile Ife. She co-founded the Adire Oodua Textile Hub in Ile-Ife. Ooni even commissioned her cultural centre a few months ago.

At a glance, Oba Ogunwusi and Ronke Ademiluyi appear to be working together and jointly promoting Yoruba culture. Underneath the façade, they are allegedly seeing each other.

The Deputy Convener of Hope Alive Initiative, Tope Adesegun, is also alleged to be one of the women who has a place in the monarch’s heart. She was once rumoured to be the one to replace Olori Wuraola, the Ooni’s first wife who quit their marriage over allegations of infidelity and barrenness. Her initiative is under the management of House of Oduduwa Foundation.

The third woman, Princess Afolashade Ashely had her base in London a few years ago until her relocation to Nigeria to join the Ooni in his palace. She is an accountant and runs a Non-Governmental Organization, Ashley Adegoke Foundation. She is not a new entrant in the Ooni of Ife’s life. She has always been in the life of Oba Enitan Ogunwusi’s life even before he married Olori Wuraola. She would have been the official Olori but she is a single mother of one. Because the tradition of Ife forbids the Ooni from marrying any woman who has ever had a child for another man, she was replaced with an official Olori. However, Ashley moved into the palace and she has remained someone who cannot be toyed with. Even the Ooni does not tolerate any disrespect towards her. She has also been parading herself as one of the queens of the royal father.
Pictures of Ooni of Ife other wifes ;
Thanks for the info. He could simply marry all the other women too. Tradition allows it. He could marry as many wives as possible. That will save Naomi a lot of headache. She will know who her co-wives are.

2 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by smile11s(m): 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
It’s a woked era

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Sheriman(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
pocohantas:

There rich and respected non-royals, I’ll go for that. wink wink
Pocohantas I don't believe you. You women can't be trusted. Bimpe said lateef is not her type but now she don happily marry the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
Sheriman:

Pocohantas I don't believe you. You women can't be trusted. Bimpe said lateef is not her type but now she don happily marry the guy.

Everyone knows they were both hiding their relationship from public eyes, hence the numerous denials. I am not even trying to convince you. Whatever you believe is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by BabaIbo: 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2021
This woman is a facebook contact(friend), few of her known friends including old school mates are my friends.
I asked them about her when I heard the news of her marriage than.

I was surprised when I learnt she got married to Ooni.
Anyway, different folks for different people.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Sheriman(m): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
pocohantas:

Everyone knows they were both hiding their relationship from public eyes, hence the numerous denials. I am not even trying to convince you. Whatever you believe is your problem.
Yes our problem!! This lady is very stubborn
Happy Christmas Pocohantas grin grin
When are you traveling?
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by itsme01: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
Only few ladies can survive the rigourous task of been a queen married to a perfectionist who isn't too rich

This is why Dangote has no wife, he is a perfectionist
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by thorpido(m): 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Champneys:

There is more to it. Time will tell, its most likely not so much of the religious difference or beliefs.

Afterall, she knew what she was getting into and she wasnt forced to marry him in the first place.

And they actually dated/courted.
Hmmm,she couldn't have known half of what she knows now while they courted.She doesn't even come from a royal family.She probably thought she could influence some set traditions and rituals.
Like you said sha,there could be more to it.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by efavour: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2021
TuFab:

Gbam!
God bless you. Some women are so desperate to be called a Mrs that they would marry even a divorce/separated he-goat without finding out the cause of such separation, especially if he's rich. What they don't know is that if the marriage was that great, no sane woman would leave a great man/marriage carelessly for another woman to take her place. She must tried her best to make it work without success.
So if you go and marry another woman's vomit, all because you claim to be a better woman, be ready for a lifetime of torture, trying to be a better woman than the ex, and that is so exhausting to say it nicely.
No lie detected here. It never ends well. But cut us women some slack, as most are without experience of marital union, they usually believe whatever they were told about their partner's ex and a lot of people know to paint their ex black. It is only when they are in they see the true story. But shame won't let many leave except those that chop lever.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ATTAH012(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
D god's is angry.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by treatise: 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
A man that cannot be controlled or manipulated by a woman suffers short service marriages.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Champneys: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
baralatie:

Can I ask a question?

How is it meant to work between a couple when
a part of the union is in the business of worshipping and praying to idols

The other part of the union is in the business of praying against idol worship,casting out demons and spreading Christianity ?

It has worked for some but its a great deal of challenge, definitely not a walk in the park.

For example, as a muslim who is very liberal and tolerant about religious differences and how you worship God, i can only co-exist peacefully with a Xtian, anything else is going to be a huge problem for me.

It has worked well for me and it is. Anything outside that, i will not even touch it with a barge pole.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayofaks(f): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
Muzikluva:

There are so many things we don’t see; behind the scenes. Social media is just a mirage.

You said it all, social media is just a facade. They'll show you what they want you to see. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by orgylover: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
Don't turn an olosho to a wife
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by labi1977(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hope oba no be simp

Because According to the book of niggalations

"These hoes ain't loyal"

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by folake4u(f): 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rugaria:
But why are they all divorcing him Inspite of his riches and privileged position in the society?nis he that terrible a character? He laughs and talk kindly but it seems he's a terrible human being. I mean how many wives have gone now? 3 or 4? And he's still young! Haba na

You think say everything na by riches? Nah.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by NaBanga: 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2021
The ex Olori Wuraola told everyone that real situation. Ooni of Ife does not have any money. He and his sisters wanted her to foot the bill for everything. They even went as far as to take the furniture she brought to the palace. These small rulers have to beg big men for money to buy their clothes and rent vehicles for transport. Some are able to acquire regular sponsors via the government.

It is obvious the Ooni and his sisters identified Prophetess Naomi as a woman with money to supplement their lifestyle. Naomi and her family likely thought this would bring great prestige and wealth, but they realized the entire marriage was a sham. If you look at the history of her IG page, it is easy to see she rarely spent time at the palace with Ooni. Like a woman, she was determined to get something out of the marriage. She got her son and JAPA!

2 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by grandstar(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2021
baby124:

Could be. Maybe the hammering from the back is making them abandon ship and run for their lives. One thing though, why will he now fight for such a throne.

However gossip about Ooni say he’s quite the philanderer with many women on the side and Naomi is the youngest wife of many unknown wives. I don’t know how true this is.

That might be it. Why i worried a bit about his sexuality was his refusal to marry until he was 40 despite being wealthy. He might have been contented having a love child at 19 and waited for her to grow up before settling down.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by armyofone(m): 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

Why shouldn't you take their word for it? Or are you a greater stakeholder than them? How does the "denial" affect you one way or the other?

I thought she once gave a speech that she doesn't mind if her husband decides on another wife.

This kind of leader - all of the trado stuff and enjoyment of the position is what it is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by armyofone(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
NaBanga:
The ex Olori Wuraola told everyone that real situation. Ooni of Ife does not have any money. He and his sisters wanted her to foot the bill for everything. They even went as far as to take the furniture she brought to the palace. These small rulers have to beg big men for money to buy their clothes and rent vehicles for transport. Some are able to acquire regular sponsors via the government.

It is obvious the Ooni and his sisters identified Prophetess Naomi as a woman with money to supplement their lifestyle. Naomi and her family likely thought this would bring great prestige and wealth, but they realized the entire marriage was a sham. If you look at the history of her IG page, it is easy to see she rarely spent time at the palace with Ooni. Like a woman, she was determined to get something out of the marriage. She got her son and JAPA!

Interesting - I thought the ooni position is very rich one. I read he is very wealthy.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Kirkman: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
NaBanga:

Come this you story get better K-leg; i thought the federal government pays these royalties that we have in Nigeria monthly allowances abi it has stopped, Ooni that was a rich man before he even became king, so where is this your story of the Ooni doesn't have money coming from? undecided

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by baby124: 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
grandstar:

That might be it. Why i worried a bit about his sexuality was his refusal to marry until he was 40 despite being wealthy. He might have been contented having a love child at 19 and waited for her to grow up before settling down.
He was married for over 10yrs before marrying all these small girls. The wife also left abi he upgraded once he became Ooni. Big mistake. All these new ones came to enjoy and terrorize/disgrace him. I also think his wife did not want to deal with the traditional aspect of being his wife. She left sha.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by NaBanga: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kirkman:

Come this you story get better K-leg; i thought the federal government pays these royalties that we have in Nigeria monthly allowances abi it has stopped, Ooni that was a rich man before he even became king, so where is this your story of the Ooni doesn't have money coming from? undecided

Ooni was never a rich man. He was broke and struggling in the UK, then the opportunity came for him to shine. He ran back to Nigeria to lay his claim and he did it better than anyone could have imagined. I commend him for going into the opportunity to bring culture to the public. However he does not have money. The Iwo of Oluwo's ex Chanel, revealed the same about their former life. It's a constant day of begging the big men and government for maintenance money. If a ruler has any bad habits like drugs, they must put in much more work. Some are sleeping with rich women. Some are begging politicians in rotation.

The rulers are not always given money. It it sometimes loan of a personal jet, a plane ticket, or hotel reservations. They must sell themselves and their purpose to acquire money. Getting a rich wife is best for their dignity. Wuraola and Naomi were cash cows for Ooni.

3 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by izubext007: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
The gods most be visited
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by koondog: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
oldtruth:

When a king turned himself to a clown and trying to funkify tradition, this is what happens to them.

Have you seen or heard kings like Alaafin, Alake and many great kings turned themselves to social media clowns? Have you heard rubbish from their wives? This is the rubbish you get when you try to modernize tradition.

Normally king can marry as many as possible even the biblical kings but once you become a simp, you are no longer worthy.

Can any wives of the late Oni try this rubbish? Sick generation

LOL. most Yoruba kings are clowns na. Alaafin is even worst; bleaches his skin and carry young women up and down. Yoruba kings lack discipline like Igbo kings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides / Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.