Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan (26853 Views)

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals / Be A Landlord In CHRISTAL VILLA Queen's Court Shapati / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by bigdammyj: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2021
Reading
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2021
sammyj490:
I went to visit one of my friends in Ibadan on Sunday, I told him to fill up his generator tank because I don't like heat. We went to get fuel and turned on the generator.

When we got in, my friend started gisting me about his landlord's attitude towards him, the man called him one day and told him to stop bringing ladies home, he said the agent that got him the house lied to him that the landlord wasn't staying in the same compound, it was after he paid and already moved in he discovered the landlord was living in the same compound, at this point he had no choice anymore since he had already moved in, and ever since then the man has being given him different problems. I advised him to try enduring till his payment is due and move out of the house.

While we were gisting it was around some mintues past 12, we suddenly heard a loud bang on his window, had to pause the ps3 we were playing out of the shock, I already located the next available weapon incase someone was trying to play funny.

My friend went to check who was banging on the window only to discover it was the landlord, he said why would my friend's generator still be on by that time. My friend ignored him and the next thing this man did was turned off the Gen, at this point myself and my friend got very annoyed especially because i was about to win the FIFA we were playing, had to follow my friend out to see what's going on.

This man bought a mat outside and lay down beside the generator. It was when my friend told the man I was a military officer from Kano who came visiting that this man stood up and composed himself, he reluctantly went inside when he saw my strong face.

My friend turned on the generator again and when we got inside we started laughing about the whole situation, if not that my friend had lied that I was a military personnel this man would have left his wife and children inside his house just to sleep beside the generator to prevent us from turning on the generator...

Crazy people everywhere...P.S we later replayed the game and i lost...
Smile impersonation
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Houseofglam7(f): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2021
Buhahahahahahahahahahah cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by twilliamx(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2021
Lmao: The man spoil your ginger wey u wan take the game...sorry
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by aktolly54(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2021
Op your friend should have been informed the reason for OFF generator is because robbery thing ,so people will be aware of what is going on in their area and be ready if there is silence everywhere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2021
sammyj490:
I went to visit one of my friends in Ibadan on Sunday, I told him to fill up his generator tank because I don't like heat. We went to get fuel and turned on the generator.

When we got in, my friend started gisting me about his landlord's attitude towards him, the man called him one day and told him to stop bringing ladies home, he said the agent that got him the house lied to him that the landlord wasn't staying in the same compound, it was after he paid and already moved in he discovered the landlord was living in the same compound, at this point he had no choice anymore since he had already moved in, and ever since then the man has being given him different problems. I advised him to try enduring till his payment is due and move out of the house.

While we were gisting it was around some mintues past 12, we suddenly heard a loud bang on his window, had to pause the ps3 we were playing out of the shock, I already located the next available weapon incase someone was trying to play funny.

My friend went to check who was banging on the window only to discover it was the landlord, he said why would my friend's generator still be on by that time. My friend ignored him and the next thing this man did was turned off the Gen, at this point myself and my friend got very annoyed especially because i was about to win the FIFA we were playing, had to follow my friend out to see what's going on.

This man bought a mat outside and lay down beside the generator. It was when my friend told the man I was a military officer from Kano who came visiting that this man stood up and composed himself, he reluctantly went inside when he saw my strong face.

My friend turned on the generator again and when we got inside we started laughing about the whole situation, if not that my friend had lied that I was a military personnel this man would have left his wife and children inside his house just to sleep beside the generator to prevent us from turning on the generator...

You should be happy that your skull is still intact tongue
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by AbijaJ: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2021
Having landlord live in the same compound with you as a tenant is a 'bad market'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Fapemz: 10:21am On Dec 24, 2021
This is very sad. Do you need Laptop power bank or mini Inverter. Check out what i have to offer
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by house10s: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2021
creolehunt:

You may want to add paragraphs to your post. Its difficult to read.

a new yr is fast approaching get sense
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by house10s: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2021
sammyj490:

I'm sorry, pls just manage it like that
why u dey apologise
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by toffyz(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2021
You're wrong bro!

For generator to be working at that hour of the night is not cool at all for people in the neighborhood, it disturbs the peace of the people in the compound.

Who knows it might be a noisy generator

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Huracio(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2021
that lanlord is an enemy of progress. I am very sure he himself do not have a generator to call his own.. people like that can do you evil, leave that house as soon as your money is due if not you won't have peace in that house...
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by awa(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2021
Your post is an obvious indication that you and your friend are self centered. You want to be happy by leaving the generator all night disturbing others. Why can't you just get Solar and stop inconveniencing others. This one be Landlord fault

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by justified007: 10:29am On Dec 24, 2021
You should start respecting the right of the other people around you and learn to put off your generator at the appropriate time.

Landlords too should start notifying their tenants some of these basic rules .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by motymop: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2021
sammyj490:

You see nothing wrong when you turn on your generator till after midnight.

You and your friend are just selfish and inconsiderate

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by purplekayc(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Brown roof landlords. Na dia character. Baba Ademola and Mr Akanbi people
Na too much amala, ewedu and gbegiri wey don scatter dia brain dey cause dis kind of things.

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by seanwilliam(m): 10:37am On Dec 24, 2021
U people always make landlord appears evil.

Don’t you know the risk involved running gen till past 12? Apart from disturbing the neigbors who might not want to talk cos of charging benefit, think about your own safety too..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Phil1987: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2021
Na wao
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 24, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Brown roof landlords. Na dia character. Baba Ademola and Mr Akanbi people
Na too much amala, ewedu and gbegiri wey don scatter dia brain dey cause dis kind of things.
and ya people still trouping to them and why una no stay for ya poto village, omo'gbo

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by ArticleBeast: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2021
If I was the landlord I will pour salt inside the generator
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by SporaD8: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2021
sammyj490:

Bro non of the co tenants has ever complained about the noise, infact they all bring their phones and laptops to charge in my friend's room.
Please be considerate. Its always funny until you find yourself on the receiving end.
Your co-tenant are barely tolerating you beause you help charge their electronics.
Even if your generator is sound proof, overnight dosage of carbon monoxide is detrimental to their health.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by esanmantruth: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2021
If you never buy car, you nor go know when person change engine oil for motor. Since you never build house, you nor go still understand as some tenant go take Dey behave because the landlord Dey there. No normal human person go on gen till day break. If you nor like heat go hotel. I hate trying to oppress people. You Dey carry many girls and he said e nor good and is avoiding you from fornication and sin but on Sunday you dey go church. Abeg one day you will become landlord whatever way you chose as a tenant you own Dey still come as a landlord one day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by phemmyfour: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2021
sammyj490:

You and friend are not considerate.
In the deep of the night, as a responsible fellow in the neighborhood, your generator should be off to allow everyone enjoy a good night rest without noise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by esanmantruth: 10:42am On Dec 24, 2021
If you never buy car, you nor go know when person change engine oil for motor. Since you never build house, you nor go still understand as some tenant go take Dey behave because the landlord Dey there. No normal human person go on gen till day break. If you nor like heat go hotel.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by FuckDModz: 10:44am On Dec 24, 2021
2special:
I hate the noise of Generator....All generator should be off by 10pm or you on and keep your gen inside your room after 10pm.

I concur.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 24, 2021
NoToPile:

If you had read my post well you would have seen the clause 'if you have' let's even assume it's only him and the landlord living in the compound, it's not proper leaving your Gen on till that time because you will the disturbing the other person, even the next compound.

People like that are simply inconsiderate and selfish that's all.

In some CDAs here you do not put on your Gen till past 11, the overnight security guard will come bang your gate to put it off as they claim its a security risk and they can't hear what's happening with generators on.

The OP is wrong and he is looking for support to blame to landlord and paint landlord black.
Oga get out.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by KingMack(m): 10:45am On Dec 24, 2021
creolehunt:

You may want to add paragraphs to your post. Its difficult to read.

If you don gerrit forget abourritt grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2021
esanmantruth:
If you never buy car, you nor go know when person change engine oil for motor. Since you never build house, you nor go still understand as some tenant go take Dey behave because the landlord Dey there. No normal human person go on gen till day break. If you nor like heat go hotel. I hate trying to oppress people. You Dey carry many girls and he said e nor good and is avoiding you from fornication and sin but on Sunday you dey go church. Abeg one day you will become landlord whatever way you chose as a tenant you own Dey still come as a landlord one day
You just dey talk rubbish
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Mide1data: 10:53am On Dec 24, 2021
HOLY SHIT

Sorry ooo, why bring IB to the topic?

Back 2 d matter, i can never relate. Ever since ma dad was kicked out of his room when he was young, he made up his mind dat none of his children would sleep in a rented apartment.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Donedeal1(m): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Just to keep cool,imagine the number of people you denied good night rest, who does that leaving on your noisy and smoking generator through the night polluting the atmosphere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by oglalasioux(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2021
This happened in Ibadan or Benin City? This is straight out of the behaviour of a typical Benin landlord.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by 123readygo: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2021
Hmmmmmm
The only thing I have come to appreciate in humans is that we all are naturally selfish... I remember when I was still living in a commercial house (4 decking) and one tenant was just oppressing everybody with his generator because he was rich; he runs his generator till day break and we called a meeting and complained to him but he warned us never to call him to such a meeting. We complained to the landlord but the next thing we heard from the landlord is that if you cannot withstand the noise you pack out....
That generator was directly under my window and I hardly sleep any night electricity is out... I had to resort in vandalising that generator till that man regained his senses and started switching the gen off once its 12midnight which was what we told him in the meeting.
After one year when he couldn't withstand the 'discomfort' he moved into his own house.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Hostile Neighbor / Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria / South Africans Hijacked A Nigerian's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.