Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan (26891 Views)

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals / Be A Landlord In CHRISTAL VILLA Queen's Court Shapati / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by arthurwillia(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
As much as you want to enjoy
But this is wrong
You Dey use your own disturb others
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by arthurwillia(m): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
Mide1data:

HOLY SHIT

My sis ain't doing NYSC, Immediate after graduating she is travelling out of this country.
Also my dad is thinking of sending me to another country if I want to study medicine.

I may rent abroad but certainly not in 9ja.

Lol Dey whine yourself
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by mediclife1987(m): 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
NoToPile:
But why would your Gen be on till past 12 in a house shared with other people, you don't want them to sleep?

As usual, on NL the landlord is the evil one not the tenant that refuse to consider others living in the compound, I blame him for not including it in the agreement, houses with multiple flats do have an agreement for Gen to be on till 11 pm maximum most times.

There's a 16 flat house I know and if every tenant puts on Gen till past 12 it would be crazy.

You have used your own power as a fake military officer, you forget that everybody get him own power.

I don't even understand what you are bragging about sef, calling him crazy for asking you to put of your Gen by past 12 am, even if the landlord is not there, are you not disturbing other Co tenants if you have.

You can even imagine oh. Na because Landlord no gree am fvck towtow, the thing come dey pain am. If hin know the useless problem these hoes dey bring come, hin go respect him landlord wella.
What about death that occurs from exhaust fumes overnight?
Can't even wait to leave this South again, na just rubbish una dey do for here I swear...
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by Mide1data: 12:26am On Dec 25, 2021
arthurwillia:

Lol Dey whine yourself

HOLY SHIT

Abi, those were my dad's dreams during jonathan regime. Buhari has made it IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by esthel(f): 12:26am On Dec 25, 2021
Maybe you not realise you are wrong here, people need to sleep and you should respect that. The Poor man even had to bring mat to ensure you don't put it on, he couldn't tolerate the discomfort anymore.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by NoToPile: 5:01am On Dec 25, 2021
mediclife1987:

You can even imagine oh. Na because Landlord no gree am fvck towtow, the thing come dey pain am. If hin know the useless problem these hoes dey bring come, hin go respect him landlord wella.
What about death that occurs from exhaust fumes overnight?
Can't even wait to leave this South again, na just rubbish una dey do for here I swear...

Loool, the matter just pepper me for body, selfish and inconsiderate people, even coming to NL to Bragg, had the guts to call an elderly man crazy simply because they were playing PS, if the landlord nack him friend quit notice now, he will start shouting up and down landlords are bad.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by NoToPile: 5:03am On Dec 25, 2021
AYNL:

yes the landlord is the bad one here

and I'm baffled on why you only talked about the generator part

what about warning him not to have female visitors

where's that done,are the ladies the landlord relatives?

Typical, Yeah right Landlord is the devil and tenant is always a Saint on NL.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by bigcasava1(m): 5:11am On Dec 25, 2021
sammyj490:
I went to visit one of my friends in Ibadan on Sunday, I told him to fill up his generator tank because I don't like heat. We went to get fuel and turned on the generator.

When we got in, my friend started gisting me about his landlord's attitude towards him, the man called him one day and told him to stop bringing ladies home, he said the agent that got him the house lied to him that the landlord wasn't staying in the same compound, it was after he paid and already moved in he discovered the landlord was living in the same compound, at this point he had no choice anymore since he had already moved in, and ever since then the man has being given him different problems. I advised him to try enduring till his payment is due and move out of the house.

While we were gisting it was around some mintues past 12, we suddenly heard a loud bang on his window, had to pause the ps3 we were playing out of the shock, I already located the next available weapon incase someone was trying to play funny.

My friend went to check who was banging on the window only to discover it was the landlord, he said why would my friend's generator still be on by that time. My friend ignored him and the next thing this man did was turned off the Gen, at this point myself and my friend got very annoyed especially because i was about to win the FIFA we were playing, had to follow my friend out to see what's going on.

This man bought a mat outside and lay down beside the generator. It was when my friend told the man I was a military officer from Kano who came visiting that this man stood up and composed himself, he reluctantly went inside when he saw my strong face.

My friend turned on the generator again and when we got inside we started laughing about the whole situation, if not that my friend had lied that I was a military personnel this man would have left his wife and children inside his house just to sleep beside the generator to prevent us from turning on the generator...

Crazy people everywhere...P.S we later replayed the game and i lost...
me I no fit enter afonja landlord house oo
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by NoToPile: 5:11am On Dec 25, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

You're not totally correct, bro. That's why agreements are necessary before moving into any accomodation. There should be rules and regulations.

I know a three storey building filled with flats where there's a designated area in the compound assigned for generators. If you like, put on your generator for one month, no one cares. Where I live, one of the rules on the list is "no hotplate or electric cooker", but the landlord had to strike it off.

So, the landlord should have informed him before he moved in. The landlord is likely a troublesome person for him not to have considered meeting his new tenant before he paid, considering he lives in the same compound (I might be wrong though)

As for the bolded you are most likely wrong like.

Now let's assume there is no rule /agreement about the generator, there's always common sense haba. I did blame the baba for not having it in the agreement but then it's expected for human beings to be rational,e.g so because it's not in the agreement to clean your compound, you won't sweep your environment?

Common sense tells you your generator is inconveniencing others,
The old man even took a mat to sleep beside the Gen, both the OP and his friend cannot even deduce that the old man couldn't sleep zero empathy.

This is why some landlords in Lagos are now having very water tight agreements, even down to things that seem irrelevant.
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by mediclife1987(m): 7:43am On Dec 25, 2021
NoToPile:

Loool, the matter just pepper me for body, selfish and inconsiderate people, even coming to NL to Bragg, had the guts to call an elderly man crazy simply because they were playing PS, if the landlord nack him friend quit notice now, he will start shouting up and down landlords are bad.

I dey tell you...youths of nowadays ba? Imagine an adult ready to kill himself because of one foolish P.S
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by mediclife1987(m): 7:53am On Dec 25, 2021
NoToPile:

As for the bolded you are most likely wrong like.

Now let's assume there is no rule /agreement about the generator, there's always common sense haba. I did blame the baba for not having it in the agreement but then it's expected for human beings to be rational,e.g so because it's not in the agreement to clean your compound, you won't sweep your environment?

Common sense tells you your generator is inconveniencing others,
The old man even took a mat to sleep beside the Gen, both the OP and his friend cannot even deduce that the old man couldn't sleep zero empathy.

This is why some landlords in Lagos are now having very water tight agreements, even down to things that seem irrelevant.

Landlord business na the last business I go ever do for this country.
It's not like they even see anything front he biz sef, as it takes years to recoup your capital sef, let alone profit; in addition to the shitty behavior most Nigerians are renowned for...
Re: My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan by NoToPile: 9:47am On Dec 25, 2021
mediclife1987:

Landlord business na the last business I go ever do for this country.
It's not like they even see anything front he biz sef, as it takes years to recoup your capital sef, let alone profit; in addition to the shitty behavior most Nigeriansare renowned for...

Lots of Nigerians have terrible Behaviour.

And on NL Landlord is always at fault irrespective of the shitty Behaviour of the tenant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Hostile Neighbor / South Africans Hijacked A Nigerian's House / Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.