Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari (14670 Views)

10th Senate: Don’t Judge Me By My Performance In Buhari’s Cabinet – Akpabio / PDP not responsible for my performance, I will do well under any Party - Wike / “face Your Problems Not My Performance At PDP Primary” – Saraki Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by jlomz: 9:43am On Dec 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

In management, there are strengths and weaknesses (which are internal), and opportunities and threats (which are external).

Buhari is right to blame external factors such as threats for his inability to perform. It doesn't make him less of a leader.

Leaders take responsibility for their weaknesses, not the impact of threats which they have very little influence over.

The Covid-19 impacted oil price, and every leader acknowledges that. Do you expect them to take responsibility for job losses resulting from the pandemic?

Go and check the timeline of the Niger Deltan militant attacks. It began in 2016, not even up to a year that Buhari assumed leadership.

From January, 2016, they began blowing up inportant export lines and linkups, and they did so nearly every day in January, especially February.

The president has challenged you people to verify. These claims are verifiable.

They were blowing up important pipelines and link-ups, crippling production. When oil price slumped, we were supposed to be producing more to at least achieve cost advantage.

But those Niger Deltan fools had reduced production to half a million barrels per day with oil selling at below 40 naira.

Come on, how much can you achieve if you are an oil dependent country like Nigeria?

Bring out the month by month production stats of the NNPC from 2015 to date, let's scrutinize.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by snowball11(m): 9:43am On Dec 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You people should read first before commenting.

What the president said was that oil sold at a higher price with high productivity level as well, before they came to power in 2015. And this can be verified.

The Niger Deltan militants began blowing up pipelines, reducing production to half a million barrels per day. Then prices slumped to below 40 naira per barrel. How do you achieve economies of scale when you are producing below full capacity, at reduced product value?

A zomboid spotted! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2021
mabea:
Do you know how much they pay those guys and their elders every month?

Not a Buhari apologist though.

But I never heard of Niger Delta Militant disrupting oil supply during Buhari regime.

How did they became a hindrance to Buhari from achieving his promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2021
jlomz:

Young man stop giving us gibberish statements, show us stats in the past 6yrs where Militants blew up Pipelines and the impact it has on our Production capacity.

You'll just swallow up stuffs thrown at you and be running with it in defence without verifying, when Militancy was rife and at its peak was even during PDP era, and you're here defending stuffs you don't understand.

Why was the government and NNPC always telling us they were going to ramp up production capacity to 3Million Barrels per day, was it not because of the relative peace in the region that gave them that confidence?

Bunkery wey boys no see do again and leave for one side, rush embrace Yahoo naim dem still dey blame............abeg e don do!!!

Take your ignorance away from here.

You think progress exist in a vacuum.

We had an oil slump, and reduced production, is that not enough to hamper performance in an oil dependent country?
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by janetakan(f): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2021
See this absolute clown!
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by nnamdi640: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2021
It will not be well with whosoever partake in bringing this disaster as president. Always ready to blame someone else for his short coming. A man that can't accept his mistake is the worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by ugbanante: 9:53am On Dec 24, 2021
I can't stop laughing aloud!!!
Imagine the excuses, as in eh!
What is the matter with us? Zulum and Elkanemi too!
O'boy, lies pay in this country whali!
Nigeria Delta Militants ni? Wow, tomorrow it's my baby that will be blamed for these woos that is before us.
I can't stop laughing
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Nyanabo(m): 9:53am On Dec 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

In management, there are strengths and weaknesses (which are internal), and opportunities and threats (which are external).

Buhari is right to blame external factors such as threats for his inability to perform. It doesn't make him less of a leader.

Leaders take responsibility for their weaknesses, not the impact of threats which they have very little influence over.

The Covid-19 impacted oil price, and every leader acknowledges that. Do you expect them to take responsibility for job losses resulting from the pandemic?

Go and check the timeline of the Niger Deltan militant attacks. It began in 2016, not even up to a year that Buhari assumed leadership.

From January, 2016, they began blowing up inportant export lines and linkups, and they did so nearly every day in January, especially February.

The president has challenged you people to verify. These claims are verifiable.

They were blowing up important pipelines and link-ups, crippling production. When oil price slumped, we were supposed to be producing more to at least achieve cost advantage.

But those Niger Deltan fools had reduced production to half a million barrels per day with oil selling at below 40 naira.

Come on, how much can you achieve if you are an oil dependent country like Nigeria?

And I guess they are still in the act of blowing up 'important' pipelines 5yrs down the line right ? Stop making excuses for failure.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by seyz91(m): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2021
cheesy

It's a gratuitous Insult to be at the mercy of a Buffoon

Sadly we all at his mercy in his deteriorated and still deteriorating economy
horsepower102:
I am really laughing at Nigerians who voted this buffoon.

Anyway, he deserves third term. He must finish the work that he started which is destroying Nigeria.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by jlomz: 9:59am On Dec 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Take your ignorance away from here.

You think progress exist in a vacuum.

We had an oil slump, and reduced production, is that not enough to hamper performance in an oil dependent country?

It is facts I asked, bring the facts on the table and stop disturbing our peace here.

We had an Oil Slump you say, but forgot we had Millions of Barrels at sea at a time begging for buyers because of global economic issues. Don't throw and apportion blames anywhere just to feel alright, bring real facts and justify it, then you can solve your problem; you're here fighting me because of someone playing politics with you and your future.

Brainwashed youths in the North now will start thinking it's Militants that caused the situation we find ourselves forgetting the Bombs raining like knock-outs just by their side.

Nonsense and Ingredients!!!

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2021
jlomz:

Bring out the month by month production stats of the NNPC from 2015 to date, let's scrutinize.......

I am not going to reply any of you again because you did not read the article.

The president said you should do a comparative analysis, not look at his own records in isolation.

He used words like relative

If I gave you what you have requested, how would the information help you to verify the president's claims of having fewer opportunities and more threats than his predecessors?
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Desultan(m): 10:01am On Dec 24, 2021
My question is, what was the price of oil during IBB, Abacha and OBJ? For how long was the >$100b/d sustained to have become an anthem of this government?
Excuses for failure to perform a given task is an admission of incompetence, simple.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:07am On Dec 24, 2021
jlomz:

It is facts I asked, bring the facts on the table and stop disturbing our peace here.

We had an Oil Slump you say, but forgot we had Millions of Barrels at sea at a time begging for buyers because of global economic issues. Don't throw and apportion blames anywhere just to feel alright, bring real facts and justify it, then you can solve your problem; you're here fighting me because of someone playing politics with you and your future.

Brainwashed youths in the North now will start thinking it's Militants that caused the situation we find ourselves forgetting the Bombs raining like knock-outs just by their side.

Nonsense and Ingredients!!!

Show me proof that as at that time, we didn't have buyers for our oil?
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:09am On Dec 24, 2021
He didn't add ipob today!
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2021
Desultan:
My question is, what was the price of oil during IBB, Abacha and OBJ? For how long was the >$100b/d sustained to have become an anthem of this government?
Excuses for failure to perform a given task is an admission of incompetence, simple.

Stupid question.

Tell us, what was the minimum wage during the time of IBB, Abacha, and OBJ?
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by ComeToJesus: 10:19am On Dec 24, 2021
ijustdey:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Maiduguri blamed Niger Delta militants and reduced oil earnings for his challenges in office.

https://gazettengr.com/niger-delta-militants-oil-prices-affected-my-performance-buhari/

A bad workman quarrels with his tools .
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2021
Nyanabo:

And I guess they are still in the act of blowing up 'important' pipelines 5yrs down the line right ? Stop making excuses for failure.

It doesn't matter.

The damage they did in their active months coupled with other factors has caused production to be on the decline.

And currently, the market for our oil has disappeared. Even India does not want our oil. Only Taiwan (I think) are showing some promise.

Buhari is not incompetent. He is just unfortunate to have come at this time.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by persius555(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2021
Niger Delta militants after reading this news

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Mrpojj(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2021
ijustdey:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Maiduguri blamed Niger Delta militants and reduced oil earnings for his challenges in office.

https://gazettengr.com/niger-delta-militants-oil-prices-affected-my-performance-buhari/
6 yrs same talk
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by RiceProducers: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:
I don't understand, Niger Delta Militant? How?

Niger Delta militants bombed oil pipelines during the first term because Buhari questioned fake amnesty stipends and started probing GEJ and other issues.
Nigeria never revovered from this.
The oil price was already low and they cut the output of the country to less than 450,000 barrels at one time.

Buhari is a gentleman. If I had been the President, I would have SUSPENDED oil production from the region permanently for environmental reasons.
I would also have done a mini naval blockade.

Would the Niger Delta have been destroyed?. No. The region would have grown some brains.
The state governments would have diversified their economies to agro, IT and service sector based industries. The states don't have to share these resources with anybody.
Nigeria would have restructured without big English.
Now everything is a mess. The states are brainless entities with loquacious Governors spending without thinking years ahead.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2021
This bum is an unmitigated disaster. Wait till he starts blaming his failure on Ousmane Dembele's long term injury.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by jlomz: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

It doesn't matter.

The damage they did in their active months coupled with other factors has caused production to be on the decline.

And currently, the market for our oil has disappeared. Even India does not want our oil. Only Taiwan (I think) are showing some promise.

Buhari is not incompetent. He is just unfortunate to have come at this time.

You're gradually swallowing your words, continue!!!
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by teepain: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2021
This man should just keep quiet. His incompetence is not excusable. I usually refrain from giving opinions on the performance of Presidents until their tenures are almost over like in this case.

Posterity will not be fair to this man. While one concedes that PMB's tenure suffered some revenue handicaps he has borrowed to make up for those revenue shortfalls. He has been too parochial in being an ethnic champion. His fight against corruption has neither been here nor there. The insecurity and needless loss of lives all over the country is demeaning of a General worth his rank.

His penchant for treating Nigerians with disdain is annoying. How could you be humble to go and solicit for votes but refuse to communicate to the people who elected you?!

Except for some capital projects like railway, roads, this government has failed the people. The electorates should remember that some of the appointees in this government should never be allowed to get into government again.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Pravedk: 10:50am On Dec 24, 2021
Militants? How? When? Where?

Ok. E go be
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by tunary(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2021
horsepower102:
I am really laughing at Nigerians who voted this buffoon.

Anyway, he deserves third term. He must finish the work that he started which is destroying Nigeria.
Lol
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Osezzua(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Liar..... see the average price of crude since 1990.

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by olasquare: 11:10am On Dec 24, 2021
The only successful thing about Buhari and his regime is blame game. I am sure he will soon be blaming his dick for rising in the morning as a reason he couldn't stay out of London hospital to face Nigeria issues well
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by wink2015(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2021
What will be the response of Chief Edwin Clarke to this Buhari 's claim against the Niger delta militant?
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Lightorder: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2021
lolu2019:
u don't have to because nobody is disturbing their bunkering business.
wow ! I see . Little wonder the graveyard calmness in that side. But this government is just WEAK in everything . Real Criminals enjoy in this administration
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Germi9: 11:23am On Dec 24, 2021
Thunder abeg i get one urgent message for you
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Germi9: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:
I don't understand, Niger Delta Militant? How?
Now i am convince that this man is not that man
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by michoim(m): 11:51am On Dec 24, 2021
Correct talk. Just very accurate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre / ‘COVID-23’ Ravaging Nigerians Due To Cbn-induced Naira Scarcity: Ganduje / Fashola Inspects 40 Mega Watt Hydro- Power Plant In Taraba (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.