Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum (23133 Views)

You Found Out That Your Wife Kept A Gun Inside The House??? / I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by greypencils: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2021
1x2x3:

I agree with all you said but I have a question.

How does a woman balance a man's need?

If you can answer that you will figure out she should have made provisions before leaving. grin
To balance a man's needs, she should keep doing everything she has been doing. Her leaving without taking care of the house is the exception not the norm. She is tired of the monotony of it all that's why she left without taking care of the house, it's more like a protest. And definitely, I believe a woman too should have something doing to supplement the man's income. Both man and wife must work, both man and wife should do house chores. That's what being modern is all about, balance. And yeah, she should be faithful to you and responsive in the other room. What other balance does a man need?

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by publicenemy(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2021
akpunda86:
Good morning fellas and compliments of the season. Some are happy some are not but we all thank God for life.
Happy Christmas all.

Well fellas sincerely wish I have the power to terminate my marriage I'm fed up 200%.

Is Christmas season of love all families stay together but my wife left home to her villa to see mum, yeah is a gud stuff going home to see parents, but if well planned. We planned after 25th she can go at least stay with the kids, suddenly she said she wanna go, I let her go, just yesterday wanted to eat, our helper said no soup in freezer, Kai I have to go buy soup outside. Today 24th, I'm gonna go to market to buy soup stuff.

It is very painful. I regret getting married cos in this season any sensible person knows families gonna be together. In fact kids need to enjoy it as we did during our time.

Salad we can't do, not that I don't have the money but I can't do it.

Her mum I told I'm not against ur daughter coming to see you, but she has to put her house in order first before embarking on a long journey.

Makes me regret a lot of stuff marrying outside my state, infact one can remarry, my spouse no go pass Enugu/Anambra.

Her mum sick, going see her I'm not against, my kids all crying all day long mummy mummy, I try pacify them.

Every December Na stress. It is true it is women that are mostly good in taking care of parents though we guys also do our best, but my wife has 3 brothes all married, as it is Xmas none of the wives is around so the daughters fall on.

I'm not writing this long epistle just that I feel bad as I don't know wat to do, sexually I gain noting from her, financially she doesn't support, it is only challenges she brings to me. If it continues like this, I'll leave the house for months 4 her and let her brain reset.

When you get old those children will be more interested in their mothers wellbeing than it's and that's a fact... So try to fix ur marriage and if it's not working do whatever makes you happyeven if it means breaking up with her, you only have one life and you can't afford to spend now in all that discomfort and old age in abandonment.... Whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by MartinsD12(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2021
1x2x3:

She's insensitive, I've said that before. There's no excuse unless it was emergency. Anything aside that was premeditated on her part.
Yeah that's it , It's very bad of her .
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 24, 2021
Dude, don't mind anyone supporting bad things... see ehn, this 2022, don't take shits, if you don't like something, you change it.
I can bet my two balls that she did not just travel to see 'sick' Mum... codely go their village go see.

You know what to do, and you don't need the validation of any bastard before you take your action, period!
Children wey go still bone you in old age for their Mom na them you de break your head for... live your life oga.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2021
chii8:
Hmmmm....you just said she went to visit her sick mother?You said money is not the issue,then cook nah....You sound like a father who's not always around so you don't know much about taking care of the family.Is it your wife's fault that you can't pacify your own crying children nor cook for them?The in-law is sick and sickness doesn't give a pre information before it comes.

Oga,man up and take care of your children,biko!

Now because you can't cook and pacify your own crying children, you are thinking of divorce.Na waoooo, there's nothing Reverend no go see for pulpit shocked
It is this kind of one-way thinking of yours that has destroyed many marriages and relationships. How did she feel traveling without cooking to put in the freezer? The children are on holiday, what stopped her from traveling along with them? So if there is money and he can cook, does that excuse her action?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Friend22(m): 9:39am On Dec 24, 2021
akpunda86:
Good morning fellas and compliments of the season. Some are happy some are not but we all thank God for life.
Happy Christmas all.

Well fellas sincerely wish I have the power to terminate my marriage I'm fed up 200%.

Is Christmas season of love all families stay together but my wife left home to her villa to see mum, yeah is a gud stuff going home to see parents, but if well planned. We planned after 25th she can go at least stay with the kids, suddenly she said she wanna go, I let her go, just yesterday wanted to eat, our helper said no soup in freezer, Kai I have to go buy soup outside. Today 24th, I'm gonna go to market to buy soup stuff.

It is very painful. I regret getting married cos in this season any sensible person knows families gonna be together. In fact kids need to enjoy it as we did during our time.

Salad we can't do, not that I don't have the money but I can't do it.

Her mum I told I'm not against ur daughter coming to see you, but she has to put her house in order first before embarking on a long journey.

Makes me regret a lot of stuff marrying outside my state, infact one can remarry, my spouse no go pass Enugu/Anambra.

Her mum sick, going see her I'm not against, my kids all crying all day long mummy mummy, I try pacify them.

Every December Na stress. It is true it is women that are mostly good in taking care of parents though we guys also do our best, but my wife has 3 brothes all married, as it is Xmas none of the wives is around so the daughters fall on.

I'm not writing this long epistle just that I feel bad as I don't know wat to do, sexually I gain noting from her, financially she doesn't support, it is only challenges she brings to me. If it continues like this, I'll leave the house for months 4 her and let her brain reset.

Wallahi I hate this trend of people coming online to.seek for advise when you have family members or even elders offline that can do a better job than the "wise ones" you want to consult.

It gradually emasculating men,and I hate it!

I did not bother tp read whatever soul rending appeal you want to attract.
Oga,go and meet your elders or your pastor for better advise and stop making a full of yourself with online views, they may help but they can never be as honest in their advise as those who know you well enough.
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by 1x2x3: 9:39am On Dec 24, 2021
greypencils:
To balance a man's needs, she should keep doing everything she has been doing. Her leaving without taking care of the house is the exception not the norm. She is tired of the monotony of it all that's why she left without taking care of the house, it's more like a protest. And definitely, I believe a woman too should have something doing to supplement the man's income. Both man and wife must work, both man and wife should do house chores. That's what being modern is all about, balance.

But the man is also here protesting that he is tired and you are telling him to shut up and be modern. They both must find a balance. You just believe any woman acting wrongly is about response to monotony. You see those slayqueens out there today? They will marry and do worse and you will make excuses in the name of monotony.

The man needs to improve and that woman should be cautioned, that's not a way to protest.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by webosky: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2021
Starseed:
My brother, I feel your pain. When you marry a bad wife, the devil will stop following you cos he has settled you for life.

Women can be very funny at times but you need God's wisdom to follow them. This part of your marriage challenge is part of the one you vowed for better and for worse. Just deal with it and endure it. It will pass.

Try and pray for grace to continue. Get closer to your wife. Show her more love and care. Buy her gifts, take her out. Ensure you rekindle the love you once had for her. Then watch and see the miracle of change in her life. Goodluck

Just shut up your mouth
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Gee64: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2021
Some unmarried young men here will help you use your hands to scatter your marriage and bring unhappiness to your children.
Your wife didn't do anything wrong to deserve your anger. She has an emergency and she has to deal with it. Put yourself in her place and try to reason like a man not that boyish attitude you are displaying.

You complained too that your wife doesn't satisfy you sexually. I want you to know that sexual attraction to a wife most could be weakenedwith time. Just try to see how you can arouse it once again. Both of you can talk it out together.

YOU SHOULD PARDON YOUR WIFE'S BEHAVIOUR FOR NOW BECAUSE SHE IS ONLY ATTENDING TO AN URGENCY!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by nnamdi640: 9:41am On Dec 24, 2021
prekumohtim:

It's okay to feel this way but you are not acting well on this . Women have feelings and have their own mind just like men. Yes you are the man of the house but sometime consider the fact that she's a human that got feelings and self-will. Biblically, a woman is part and parcel of her family irrespective of the fact that she's now married to you. ..."For this cause shall a MAN (not the woman)leave his father and mother". The woman does not leave . She's still a vital part of her family. She's got so much emotion and care to both her parents and your family. You don't compare her to her brothers who are also married. Think about yourself as a man and compare yourself to your female siblings. ..who visit parents more ? Female don't abandon their parents like men do. Men normally send money but money is not about everything. Parents need care . My elder sister(married with kids) takes care of my mum far more than I do. I normally send money likewise my elder brother (men do feel everything is about money grin), my sister may not have money but she's always there. There will be a time your age parents may not need that money and can't eat much or think about good clothes but at that time, all they need is care. My neighbour lost his dad(87 years)two days ago. The man wept because he wasn't close to his dad at that age. He always sent money . He said, there were some discussions I felt I needed to pull of out of my dad , I didn't think he was going to die so soon.

Your problem is that, you feel the children should primarily be taken care of by their mum but she has been doing that for years. She ain't doing it this time doesn't mean you have to nail her. Give her a break . And also learn how to. Who do you think should have taken care of her mum when she's sick...her brothers ? A million times no. If the children so much miss their mum it means you have made their mum a greater part of their life because you are not helping out in domestic work. Don't merely consider your wife as domestic house help. Treat her nice and spice up your love life no matter how busy you are . But if you are looking outside for another woman , you may never think of how to spice up your marriage. I am from a broken home but I have made up my mind that my own marriage must work . That's a choice Sir
Nice write up. You did Justice to the situation. There is no woman that is perfect, even if he decides to marry a lady from the next door, you don't expect perfection from her. Who told him that women from Anambra are perfect? There is this saying that the bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush. I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by webosky: 9:42am On Dec 24, 2021
blazetitov:
I don't understand why some women behave this way. As the OP said, no problem with visiting her mum, but don't abandon your immediate family! A wise woman will make plans for her family before leaving. What is wrong in preparing different soups and keep in the freezer for the kids and hubby? it is well.

The kind of men in this country makes we wonder how some women are still enduring in their marriages, so if the was an emergency where your wife had to travel immediately, y'all will starve at home ni, this is the same set of men that will say if a woman cannot cook it is a no-no. How far now?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by superCleanworks(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2021
akpunda86:
Happy Christmas all.

I'll leave the house for months 4 her and let her brain reset.

Bros i have a nice RESET solution for you that she will feel from wherever she is right now...

but the thing is you will not take the advice.
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by BabaIbo: 9:54am On Dec 24, 2021
blazetitov:

How is he a weakling? Does it not make sense for the wife to settle her home before embarking on her journey? Is her immediate family no longer her primary assignment? I guess you not even married.

Calm down abeg...

Do you bother to ask him if he provided the money for that?

I know how some men do, before they release money for such na war.

The point is the woman have been doing it prior to now, so if she no do am now, she don fail be that abi?

Let's hear from her first.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Montaque(m): 9:54am On Dec 24, 2021
KiNg0G:

I don't need to get married to apply common sense to issue like this.

some of you men are weaklings ....I know what am saying.

I was once raised in a home, where if my mom is sick...or she's not around...house go just dey one kind. . throughout that period.

because everything was on her...apart from the money coming from dad.

it nor supposed to be so.
think like a man

That is one of the problem in the present matter, even the least problem. The problem here is that the woman places priority on seeing her mum (or whatever it is she went for) than taking care of her kids. Who would leave her kids suddenly without a back up plan? That's the problem.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by ollybasa: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Bro, that's what about the marriage o, it is not a pleasure, it is an endurance of life l swear.
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by diogo23: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Mood11:
Maybe she's equally tired (of you and the marriage) and needed to take some time off..
Does she know you are here on Nairaland opening a thread about her?

Man up and take care of your kids. Don't worry about a perfect salad whatever you are able to make serve it to them with love cheesy

BTW, when you knew that women from Enugu or Anambra make better wives and mothers why didn't you marry from there in the first place?
Will you be okay with this comment if you are in his shoes?
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by BabaIbo: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2021
webosky:

The kind of men in this country makes we wonder how some women are still enduring in their marriages, so if the was an emergency where your wife had to travel immediately, y'all will starve at home ni, this is the same set of men that will say if a woman cannot cook it is a no-no. How far now?

I wonder o, I hate it when I see men wyne like this. It's not as if she no dey do am before abi naso she dey always travel o.

So if the woman sick, meaning sey OP go still dey expect her to come cook for the family nawa o.
Some women dey endure and try o.

OP, get out of social media and go get something for your kids to eat.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by esanmantruth: 9:59am On Dec 24, 2021
I believe men or women who has experience should talk over this issues. Someone is complaining about his pain and all we just said is attacking the innocent man. May we not marry a bad spouse in our life. Do you know a woman can love you just because you came up with marriage issues to shame her friends or her ex? But dipped inside them after the marriage they don’t have single love for you. To spend their money for you is a pain to them. But they will want to exhaust all your money without plan. I just pity many singles who felt women just love like that. No woman has natural love for any man. My advise for you is to keep calm, take good care of your children if you are sure they are yours. Forget her attitude because sometimes they are not relevant to your dreams.
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by neonly: 10:02am On Dec 24, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
She should have at least taken 1 of them along with her

She wan go show say she still availabilie
No bi woman
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by KiNg0G: 10:03am On Dec 24, 2021
Montaque:

That is one of the problem in the present matter, even the least problem. The problem here is that the woman places priority on seeing her mum (or whatever it is she went for) than taking care of her kids. Who would leave her kids suddenly without a back up plan? That's the problem.

bros, na life matter we dey talk about.
stop been self centered

what's the need for plan b? when she has a husband back at home?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by greypencils: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2021
1x2x3:

But the man is also here protesting that he is tired and you are telling him to shut up and be modern. They both must find a balance. You just believe any woman acting wrongly is about response to monotony. You see those slayqueens out there today? They will marry and do worse and you will make excuses in the name of monotony.

The man needs to improve and that woman should be cautioned, that's not a way to protest.
Definitely not but the man is still not emotionally intelligent because this is a thing that can be resolved between both parties. He should tell her what he thinks of her behavior and go ahead and take care of his children or he could as well take it all in and act with understanding knowing fully well that what she did was an exception not the norm. If her mother is really sick and has not eaten in days and the wife is called suddenly and told this info, it is enough to upset her and make her not think properly. Before I made my submission, I have put myself in his shoes, if it was to happen to me, I would do either of both things I suggested. Come to think of it? Which woman abandons her children at Christmas? forget about the husband. Any sickness serious enough to make her leave her children is something that needs the urgency with which she left the house.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by SIRTee15: 10:05am On Dec 24, 2021
Simran94:

So a woman visiting her sick mother to take care of her is an Evil woman?
Did you even ask the OP why he's not able to take care of his own kids without the mother being present? What if the woman's enemy was dead, is this how the kids will continue to cry and he won't be capable of taking care of them? The OP doesn't even sound like someone who is close to his children because how can a father not have the ability to pacify his own children?

You men will end up killing yourselves before your time

All u people supporting this woman, is like something is wrong with u.
How can u abandon your kids without making provision for their sustenance? That's evil.
Or u think it's the man suffering from the lack of good food in the house. It's the children...her own children.
Making your children suffer due to acrimony btw spouse is evil.
U all saying he should go n feed the kids. Make himself carry side chick go lodge for hotel, what then will happen to the kids.
I know say naija men get there own for body but I'm beginning to think the women are as bad as the men.
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by toscolee(m): 10:07am On Dec 24, 2021
I have dated ladies from different states and tribes, to know that a person's state or tribe is not to be blamed/praised for the behavior. Even siblings raised in the same household hold different opinions, act and behave differently.
So, your position on marrying from Anambra or Enugu is funny. Good and bad people are everywhere, because both God and the devil didn't leave any place unattended to. There influences are everywhere.

Sit her down and ask her what you do that she hates.
She feels because you are the provider, you don't appreciate her efforts, like you are doing her a favour.
Leaving the kids for you is a deliberate act. I will advise you to, instead of getting angry, anytime you see a difficult task at home for now that she's not around, so that you can have a better idea of what it is to take care of the home. pause and tell yourself "so, this is the amount of energy expended to achieve this task". That will prepare your mind for a discussion with her.
Start the discussion by appreciating her efforts in the past, talk, allow her to talk, don't be scared to hear her talk about your shortcomings.

Save your marriage.
You are the leader.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by ugbanante: 10:07am On Dec 24, 2021
Sir, u don't need your wife to pacify the kids if u have been a 'dad' to them before now.
Secondly, your wife can't leave ur house without your consent if u have really played ur "husband" part well.
Thirdly, her mum is sick and needs attention, we are humans with sympathetic ❤️.
My advice, get your house together this holiday and make sure u restructure the family to work effectively next year. If u like try Anambra or Enugu women without addressing "self" then be sure to come up with another thread here ASAP.
Am married, women can be stubborn but they do have a soft heart to mend and fashion to ur taste. Have a deep marital discussion with your spouse on the way forward Sir.
I wish u the best Sir

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by RapportNaija(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2021
Lazy man!

Oya nah, take care of the kids!

Ungrateful and unappreciative fellow!

Your partner's mom is sick, but you want her to remain and keep taking care of your house & kids, because? You own her? She's your slave?

Why can't you do it all till she returns, since money isn't the problem?

Go marry a new wife and see how your life will go from 100 to zero quickly, especially when she leaves the kids with you permanently.

Shioor!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2021
KiNg0G:

you are a bufoon

my wife can't cook food for me and store it in The freezer for days to eat while she travels.

I yearn for fresh foods. That guy is less of a man.

so I make them myself

that's what being an alpha entails

be a self-independent man.

not impish like you dirty smelling men who can't afford to care for yourselves but need your wife to be there doing everything for you at all times.

including shaving your armpits.

cow!
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by spencekat(m): 10:12am On Dec 24, 2021
blazetitov:
I don't understand why some women behave this way. As the OP said, no problem with visiting her mum, but don't abandon your immediate family! A wise woman will make plans for her family before leaving. What is wrong in preparing different soups and keep in the freezer for the kids and hubby? it is well.
Thank you
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2021
SIRTee15:

All u people supporting this woman, is like something is wrong with u.
How can u abandon your kids without making provision for their sustenance? That's evil.
Or u think it's the man suffering from the lack of good food in the house. It's the children...her own children.
Making your children suffer due to acrimony btw spouse is evil.
U all saying he should go n feed the kids. Make himself carry side chick go lodge for hotel, what then will happen to the kids.
I know say naija men get there own for body but I'm beginning to think the women are as bad as the men.
Oga, you are only judging from one side of the story. The OP is obviously hiding details for him to say he is 200% fed up of the marriage and wants a divorce. Do you think a woman will purposely leave her kids starving and would go and take care of her sick mother? And it is easy to defend the OP because he is a man and every man wants to keep the train of "Women are Evil" going.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Electronics: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2021
Truth is some people here are talking out of ignorance. Did some of you read what the OP just wrote? It isn't wrong for a lady to go visit her sick mom but she must first put her home in order first. Do you know what it takes to feed a family, provide financially and otherwise for a family? The mental stress of providing financially for a family where the wife brings nothing to the table alone is killing!

If she had stocked the house with food and done all necessary arrangements and ensuring someone is available to assist with taking care of the kids, then she's good to go.

Come on guys, this guys has every reason to be mad.
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 24, 2021
Marrige is what again................ grin
Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by NoToPile: 10:17am On Dec 24, 2021
Loool, oga since money is not the issue, take care of the children and cook Na.

Her mother is sick, it's not like she went for Christmas holiday, she should travel with the children to take care of her sick mother?

Nawa ooo, what kind of people are we having nowadays, no empathy.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum by spencekat(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2021
LoveThemChubby:

It is this kind of one-way thinking of yours that has destroyed many marriages and relationships. How did she feel traveling without cooking to put in the freezer? The children are on holiday, what stopped her from traveling along with them? So if there is money and he can cook, does that excuse her action?
Thank you.I hate when people support evil.Calling a spade a spade is hard these days.People judge based on emotions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year / Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. / Couples Not Staying Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.