Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? (14266 Views)

Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? / Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? / Why A Muslim Should Not Celebrate Valentine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by tuna85: 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
ntyce:

I'm not hurt by anything...
I'm a Muslim and you're no way a better Muslim than I am.

Point to a direct verse in Quran or Hadith where Muslims are prohibited to celebrate with non-believers.

There are clear references as stated in the article.
If I may ask, can you tell me the origination of the festivals of the disbelievers? Let's start from here so I can polish your 'aqeedah smoothly. ASAP pls
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Finalfantasy: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
These Muslims not celebrating other religion holiday makes me laugh
1. Point a place in the Quran or Hadith saying this
2. So because one scholar said it, it becomes haram
3. In your own sense, don’t you think that it promotes peace, unity and extends the love of Islam to non Muslim?

I will continue to wish my fellow Christian brothers and sisters merry Xmas

It does not mean I believe in their religion. It’s Islam for me from now till eternity.

It is simply an extension of my good naturedness for them, an extension of my good upbringing, an extension of the love I show other religion taught to me by Islam.

Sad to say, the community drive of Islam in Nigeria and most Asian countries is so poor and not welcoming

Go to the UK and US. You’d know and see people deep in Islam than you but they also know how to wish their Neighbour’s merry Xmas while keeping their own sanity
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by ntyce(m): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
tuna85:

There are clear references as stated in the article.
If I may ask, can you tell me the origination of the festivals of the disbelievers? Let's start from here so I can polish your 'aqeedah smoothly. ASAP pls

The only reference he made was to Ibn - Al Qayyim who isn't a companion of the Prophet.
Hardliners like you are the reason why Boko Haram and Al Qaeda flourish.
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by tuna85: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
ntyce:

The only reference he made was to Ibn - Al Qayyim who isn't a companion of the Prophet.
Hardliners like you are the reason why Boko Haram and Al Qaeda flourish.

There are Quran verses stated as well Bro, pls tell me the origin of the festivals let me school you before u put urself into sinful participations.
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by ntyce(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
tuna85:

There are Quran verses stated as well Bro, pls tell me the origin of the festivals let me school you before u put urself into sinful participations.

I hear you deputy Prophet
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Techreliance(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lukgaf:
No doubt, we have friends, teachers and colleagues among non-Muslims. We engage and collaborate when it comes to worldly affairs. We congratulate them on their success. We have a lot of non-Muslim teachers we respect a lot - we benefitted a lot from them in terms of knowledge and experience. We do not sever our relationship with them.

In essence, Islam enjoys being good to all the creatures of Allah, whether a Muslim or non-Muslims (including the animals).

But when it comes to the issue of religion and beliefs, Muslims are encouraged not to compromise. In Islam (as it is available in other religions/beliefs), there are red lines we shouldn't cross (which are things we are prohibited from doing) and one of them is celebrating any festival (not only non-Muslim festival) not recognized in Islam. This is not limited to non-Muslim festivals but other innovated festivals in Islam, such as Mawlud Nabiyy, Islamic Calendar, etc (you see I have made some threads condemning these too).

Based on the above premise, the below thread gives an account of what Islam says about non-Muslims festivals and why Muslims should not partake in them.

If you are a non-Muslim reading this and you have friends who do not send you wishes during the festival, I hope you will understand this and not think your friends do not care about you. Also, I hope you won't tag those Muslims as extremists and bigot because of this.

https://www.nairaland.com/6330534/what-islam-says-non-muslims-holiday

To them be their religion, and to us our religion
Alhamdulillâh ala ni'mathi'l Islam

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2021
Prince001:

No they are just doing it same as prophet Abraham did! Sharing meat is just a gesture not to give to ur neighbour their nuttin hidden behind it. Try to read English Quran to understand ur bible even better! Search for knowledge cos if u are serving Almighty God u won't have fear to read Quran cos Almighty God will protect u against any evil!
Stop beating around the bush.

Show me evidence from the Bible that Abraham killed ram every year and that Abraham shared the meat like you people are doing.

Meat sharing is idolatry practice that Muhammed copied from his pagan grandfather, Abdulmutallib who used 100 camel to appease Allah his idol to ransom the live of Abdullah who Allah chose as a sacrifice

https://english.almaaref.org/essaydetails.php?eid=2786&cid=302
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Prince001(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2022
advocatejare:

Stop beating around the bush.

Show me evidence from the Bible that Abraham killed ram every year and that Abraham shared the meat like you people are doing.

Meat sharing is idolatry practice that Muhammed copied from his pagan grandfather, Abdulmutallib who used 100 camel to appease Allah his idol to ransom the live of Abdullah who Allah chose as a sacrifice

https://english.almaaref.org/essaydetails.php?eid=2786&cid=302

LOL. I can't convince u with whatever I say cos uve made up ur mind cos it's a believer I'm dealing with not academic. Everything u said above were just fabricated. Ain't nuttin truth to it! Search for truth as open minded person not a believer cos u won't be able to think or judge independently without that!!!!!
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2022
Prince001:

LOL. I can't convince u with whatever I say cos uve made up ur mind cos it's a believer I'm dealing with not academic. Everything u said above were just fabricated. Ain't nuttin truth to it! Search for truth as open minded person not a believer cos u won't be able to think or judge independently without that!!!!!
I gave you a link of an Islamic website you said that it’s fake. Sorry is your case. Go and argue with teddy authors of the website and authors of your Sira
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Prince001(m): 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2022
advocatejare:

I gave you a link of an Islamic website you said that it’s fake. Sorry is your case. Go and argue with teddy authors of the website and authors of your Sira

U gave me a link to a blog of someone that have same mindset like u or where u get ur biased information from lol.
Blog is not a good reference if u are smart person! I can write anything on my blog if I have one!!!!!!
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
Prince001:

U gave me a link to a blog of someone that have same mindset like u or where u get ur biased information from lol.
Blog is not a good reference if u are smart person! I can write anything on my blog if I have one!!!!!!
Go and read Sira Al Tabari or any Sira you like about the story of how Abdulmuttalib wanted to sacrifice Abdullah to Allah
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Prince001(m): 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
advocatejare:

Go and read Sira Al Tabari or any Sira you like about the story of how Abdulmuttalib wanted to sacrifice Abdullah to Allah

There's no hidden agenda about d killing of ram Muslim does cos its just performing d same thing Abraham does! I've read both Bible and Quran about the story. I believe in Jesus christ! The difference I dont believe he was crucified, let alone die for anyone sin and any Muslim that don't believe in Jesus is not Muslim.
Check out d video below :
[center]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGzS9sfC8P0[/center]
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Prince001:

There's no hidden agenda about d killing of ram Muslim does cos its just performing d same thing Abraham does! I've read both Bible and Quran about the story. I believe in Jesus christ! The difference I dont believe he was crucified, let alone die for anyone sin and any Muslim that don't believe in Jesus is not Muslim.
Check out d video below :
[center]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGzS9sfC8P0[/center]

Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Prince001(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2022
advocatejare:

Wow its just good deed, if one don't do it there's no crime or sin committed, there's nuttin to it. Can u pls show me where Jesus was born on 25 December. 2ndly, pls show me where Jesus said I am God, and worship me.
3rdly, do u know that Allah is God? Even Arab xtian uses the word Allah cos that's their language even b4 Muhammad was born.Its just Arabic word as God.
To ur logic, u see that's why Muslim don't believe Jesus christ died on d cross for anyone sin cos God don't need any sacrifice of anyone to forgive our sin, either by blood or life!!!!!!!
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
Prince001:

Wow its just good deed, if one don't do it there's no crime or sin committed, there's nuttin to it. Can u pls show me where Jesus was born on 25 December. 2ndly, pls show me where Jesus said I am God, and worship me.
3rdly, do u know that Allah is God? Even Arab xtian uses the word Allah cos that's their language even b4 Muhammad was born.Its just Arabic word as God.
To ur logic, u see that's why Muslim don't believe Jesus christ died on d cross for anyone sin cos God don't need any sacrifice of anyone to forgive our sin, either by blood or life!!!!!!!
Sharing ram sacrificed to Allah is like Ogun worshippers sacrificing animals they sacrificed to Ogun

Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Prince001(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
advocatejare:

Sharing ram sacrificed to Allah is like Ogun worshippers sacrificing animals they sacrificed to Ogun

Wowwww lmao what u posted, it just shows ur level of education. U posted just individual conclusion without academic evidence lol. Really? And u believe that crap?

Look here for answer from Dr. Academic, he's not muslim:

[center]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQqeYX7Y14[/center]
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 6:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Prince001:

Wowwww lmao what u posted, it just shows ur level of education. U posted just individual conclusion without academic evidence lol. Really? And u believe that crap?

Look here for answer from Dr. Academic, he's not muslim:

Anytime Muslims are exposed that their Allah is an idol and not the same as the Allah Arabic-speaking Christians worship, Muslims run to get validation from the Christians. Islam Allah is a moon and star idol whose image they put at the top of the minarets of their mosques.

Muslims, stop using the fact that Arabs Christians also refer to God as Allah to say that Muslims Allah is not a pagan god.

The generic name for God is Ilah in Arabic and it's usually preceded with 'Al' which means 'The' hence, Al-Ilah which was later contracted to mean Allah. As for your own Allah, the Arab moon god is called Lah and this is also preceded by Al which means 'The' hence, Al and Lah was combined to give you your own Allah.

The Allah Christians,(whether Arabs or Hausa) pray to and worship is the Holy One of Israel, the Father of Christ the Mesaiah, The One not confined to the Kaaba, the One Who doesn't support immorality, the one whom Muhammad was not his Prophet, the one not prayed to in the mosques.

So, the name may sound the same, the One Christians worship is different.

The Arab Christians never joined in the naked worship of Allah in the Kaaba, they never did pilgrimage to the Kaaba, they never associated with the Allah of the Muslisms.
Another thing you should know is that the so called pagans were actually worshipping Allah who was and is, also a pagan god they knew Allah for whom he was and still is, Muhammad didn't tell about a new Allah, Christians and Jews in Mecca that time never joined them in naked worship of Allah the immoral god in the Kaaba, everyone knew the whom they were worshipping.

Abdulmuttalib, Muhammad’s grandfather wh every Muslim agree was pagan but being a pagan that he was, he named his son after his Idol, Allah : Abd Allah :Abdullah..

Another evidence is the revelation in the Quran:

And when they commit a fahisha (evil deed, going round the Kabah in naked state, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.), they say: "We found our fathers doing it and Allah has commanded us of it." ...
- Qur'an 7:28, Muhsin Khan & Muhammad al-Hilali translation.

Note that from the above, they mentioned Allah as their god who had been supporting their sexual immoralities and nudity during Tawaf and this continued even until after Muhammad became the Prophet of the same allah and then decided to modify the tradition but Fahisha still take place at the Kaaba, women are being groped abs molested while doing Tawaf

It is during the tawaf that many women experience groping, handling and grabbing, says Eltahawy, according to the responses she's heard from women. "It's very crowded. At any given moment, there are thousands of men and women [circling Kaaba at one time].""
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2018/02/26/588855132/-mosquemetoo-gives-muslim-women-a-voice-about-sexual-misconduct-at-mecca?t=1589006156833

And even today,
Christians who call God Allah don't pray to Allah the idol of the Kaaba, they don't accept the Muhammad as the Messenger of God, they don't associate with the idol Allah, so how can you Muslims say you worship the same God as Christians ? Continue worshipping your idol while Arab and Hausa Christians worship Al-Ilah the Holy One of Israel.

But Muhammad made us know that the pagan Allah was the same Allah his Quraysh tribe worshipped that's why he retained all the practices and only modified some.

Allah of Muslims and Islam is the same as Hubal and Baal the moon idol and that's why the symbol of Islam is crescent moon and star.

Islam clearly goes against the order of God that they should not set up a stone for worship
Lev.26.1 - "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

While Yahweh forbids bowing down to stone, Muslims bow down to the Blackstone to kiss it as part of the religious obligation during hajj.

Shalom
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by Prince001(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2022
advocatejare:

Anytime Muslims are exposed that their Allah is an idol and not the same as the Allah Arabic-speaking Christians worship, Muslims run to get validation from the Christians. Islam Allah is a moon and star idol whose image they put at the top of the minarets of their mosques.

Muslims, stop using the fact that Arabs Christians also refer to God as Allah to say that Muslims Allah is not a pagan god.

The generic name for God is Ilah in Arabic and it's usually preceded with 'Al' which means 'The' hence, Al-Ilah which was later contracted to mean Allah. As for your own Allah, the Arab moon god is called Lah and this is also preceded by Al which means 'The' hence, Al and Lah was combined to give you your own Allah.

The Allah Christians,(whether Arabs or Hausa) pray to and worship is the Holy One of Israel, the Father of Christ the Mesaiah, The One not confined to the Kaaba, the One Who doesn't support immorality, the one whom Muhammad was not his Prophet, the one not prayed to in the mosques.

So, the name may sound the same, the One Christians worship is different.

The Arab Christians never joined in the naked worship of Allah in the Kaaba, they never did pilgrimage to the Kaaba, they never associated with the Allah of the Muslisms.
Another thing you should know is that the so called pagans were actually worshipping Allah who was and is, also a pagan god they knew Allah for whom he was and still is, Muhammad didn't tell about a new Allah, Christians and Jews in Mecca that time never joined them in naked worship of Allah the immoral god in the Kaaba, everyone knew the whom they were worshipping.

Abdulmuttalib, Muhammad’s grandfather wh every Muslim agree was pagan but being a pagan that he was, he named his son after his Idol, Allah : Abd Allah :Abdullah..

Another evidence is the revelation in the Quran:

Note that from the above, they mentioned Allah as their god who had been supporting their sexual immoralities and nudity during Tawaf and this continued even until after Muhammad became the Prophet of the same allah and then decided to modify the tradition but Fahisha still take place at the Kaaba, women are being groped abs molested while doing Tawaf

And even today,
Christians who call God Allah don't pray to Allah the idol of the Kaaba, they don't accept the Muhammad as the Messenger of God, they don't associate with the idol Allah, so how can you Muslims say you worship the same God as Christians ? Continue worshipping your idol while Arab and Hausa Christians worship Al-Ilah the Holy One of Israel.

But Muhammad made us know that the pagan Allah was the same Allah his Quraysh tribe worshipped that's why he retained all the practices and only modified some.

Allah of Muslims and Islam is the same as Hubal and Baal the moon idol and that's why the symbol of Islam is crescent moon and star.

Islam clearly goes against the order of God that they should not set up a stone for worship
Lev.26.1 - "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

While Yahweh forbids bowing down to stone, Muslims bow down to the Blackstone to kiss it as part of the religious obligation during hajj.

Shalom

Even after I showed u video about if Allah is God, u still continue to write same thing uve posted b4 lol.
No worries, u are arguing by believe not by reality. Meanwhile, it will be unwise for me to continue d arguments with u cos u are not open minded. My last sentence for u as usual. Seek for knowledge so that u can be free!
Re: Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? by advocatejare(m): 9:22am On Jan 02, 2022
Prince001:

Even after I showed u video about if Allah is God, u still continue to write same thing uve posted b4 lol.
No worries, u are arguing by believe not by reality. Meanwhile, it will be unwise for me to continue d arguments with u cos u are not open minded. My last sentence for u as usual. Seek for knowledge so that u can be free!
The same Allah that pagan abdulmuttalib the grandfather of muhammad served is the same Allah that Muslims serve till date and Arab Christians never served that idol.

The Allah of Arab Christian is the father of Christ. Allah of the Quaraysh and Muslims says he doesn’t have children.

Arab Christians are children of Allah whereas Muslims are slaves of their own Allah.

So the two Allah are different!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' / Can A Muslim Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Factory / 40th Anniversary Of Islamic Revolution: What Are Iran Achievements?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.