Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? (16683 Views)

Hospital Jobs In Abuja (doctors, Nurses, CHEW, Lab Tech, MLS, Physiotherapist / As A Biochemistry Graduate, What Next? / RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 8:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

I'm not telling you olodo, if you had spent more time learning your Chem path and Clin micro instead of looking for avenues to insult Clincal scientists you wouldn't be this confused.

I'm waiting for you tell us it has no medical meaning so I can make you look like a public buffoon and a waste of medical school fees. grin
Baba why reigning all these insults on me na . through out our argument av I insulted you in person? I only asked a simple question
OK I put it to you that there is no standard medical abbreviation as "DW patient" in medicine.. So can you make me a public Buffon now? What is the meaning of DW patient as used in your sentence
Lol..Mr CHEM path..so u mean if I give u lets say an hypothetical LFT and urinalysis result of a patient with jaundice you can Interpret it and tell me weather its pre-, intra- hepatic or obstructive jaundice?
Baba 99% of times u only press buttons on machines for these test without knowing what the result means.
That aside sha, tell me what DW patient means

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Legendforte: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Viraltrends123:
I asked a simple question, I'm not in the medical field, I just want to know what year BCH students start doing anatomy and physiology.

Even anatomy and physiology are also bedrock of medical sciences. Without anatomy or physiology, there won't be anything like medical sciences.

So, just answer my question?
yes they do.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Legendforte: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
We have students of medical biochemistry under the fac of basic med sci. Bcm is not a worthless course b/c it is a tool to understand diseases and treatment and metabolism
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

Baba why reigning all these insults on me na . through out our argument av I insulted you in person? I only asked a simple question
OK I put it to you that there is no standard medical abbreviation as "DW patient" in medicine.. So can you make me a public Buffon now? What is the meaning of DW patient as used in your sentence

When we tell you to calm down and learn you say na politics you wan play for school.
Lecturers who are Medical Scientists will take pains to teach you, instead of bending down to learn you prefer to insult them.

That's your answer right there from medical journals with high impact factor. Sit and learn.

1 Share

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

Lol..Mr CHEM path..so u mean if I give u lets say an hypothetical LFT and urinalysis result of a patient with jaundice you can Interpret it and tell me weather its pre-, intra- hepatic or obstructive jaundice?
Baba 99% of times u only press buttons on machines for these test without knowing what the result means.

You are still hyperventilating, are you a student or a house officer? I can tell you are either of this from your quality of thoughts and I am not wrong. Do you dispute?
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Desdola:
Omniknoweth. 99% machine and your pathologist are still dragging the field with them. Just as arrogant as your lot
. No, pathologists are not dragging lab with u. U are d ones fighting yourselves. What Pathologist do, even professor in medlab can't even comprehend it. Abi do medlab haematolgist av the slightest idea of bone marrow transplant. .
U guys should be bothered about Rapid diagnostic kits gradually taking up your jobs

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

You are still hyperventilating, are you a student or a house officer? I can tell you are either of this from your quality of thoughts and I am not wrong. Do you dispute?
Who I am doesn't matter na..I may not even be a doctor at all or in d medical field . and I don't care who you are..
I only simply asked you to clarify your own statement and you have been bluffing since morning..
I asked what u meant by a DW patient...just tell me
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

Who I am doesn't matter na..I may not even be a doctor at all or in d medical field .
I only simply asked you to clarify your own statement and you have been bluffing since morning..
I asked what u meant by a DW patient...just tell me

Stop deceiving yourself. You are talking to a PhD and I didn't attain that level of excellence by being foolish.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Stop deceiving yourself. You are talking to a PhD and I didn't attain that level of excellence by being foolish.
There is really no need telling me your level of education. This is nairaland and anyone can be whoever they want..
Well, your "DW patient" means either of two things: its either you don't know what you are saying even as a PhD holder or it was a typographical error ( instead of DM patient Diabetic melitus patient)you're too arrogant to admit

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

There is really no need telling me your level of education. This is nairaland and anyone can be whoever they want..
Well, yout "DW patient" means either of two things: its either you don't know what you are saying even as a PhD holder or it was a typographical error you to arrogant to admit

You are a mor0nic thick-headed dingbat. Even when I have attached the meaning up there from highly revered journals and sources, your eyes are too blind to see.

What a confirmation of your public buffoonery. You made yourself a laughing stock like I predicted. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

You are a mor0nic thick-headed dingbat. Even when I have attached the meaning up there from highly revered journals and sources, your eyes are too blind to see.

What a confirmation of your public buffoonery. You made yourself a laughing stock like I predicted. grin
Lol..typical medlab scientist, always boiling due to inferiority complex
.no wonder you guys don't av access to patients in ward directly..very unintelligent lots we share medical profession with.
So if am writing a research on say Head Trauma and I now decide to abbreviate it as HT after initial introduction to the abbreviation in the article, does that make it a standard medical abbreviation like the likes of DM. AIDS, COVID, BD, tds, QD , etc?

3 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

Lol..typical medlab scientist, always boiling due to inferiority complex
.no wonder you guys don't av access to patients in ward directly..very unintelligent sets we share medical profession with

Have you seen the answer you are asking for or still pretending to be blind?

And do you now agree that you are a public buffoon like I earlier opined?
When you take a free lecture, the right thing to say is 'thank you' and not to 'go blind'.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Have you seen the answer you are asking for or still pretending to be blind?

And do you now agree that you are a public buffoon like I earlier opined?
When you take a free lecture, the right thing to say is 'thank you' and not to 'go blind'.
Lol..typical medlab scientist, always boiling and ready to fight like tauts due to inferiority complex
.no wonder you guys don't av access to patients in ward directly..very unintelligent lots we share medical profession with.
So if am writing a research on say Head Trauma and I now decide to abbreviate it as HT after initial introduction to the abbreviation in the article, does that make it a standard medical abbreviation like the likes of DM foot ulcers, tropical DM hand syndrome, AIDS, COVID, BD, tds, QD , PCR, DNA, etc?
Type the words 'BH big head' on Google and see if you won't get something where they abbreviated big head as BH, does that mean Big head is the standard abbreviation BH? Or type 'DW dear wife' and see if you won't get a link where your DW was abbreviated to be dear wife..
You typed ' DW diabetic wound' and Google provided something pointing towards what you typed and u are happy asif u don't know how Google works.
I bet you, type just DW and see if you will get a link abreviating it as Diebtic wound . You will search and search before u get one(if any). That shows its not a standard recognised medical abbreviation. But type any of the standard abbreviations I listed above or anyone you know( if u know any) and see if you get a direct recognised meaning to it
It took you up to page 4 to be able to tell YOUR meaning of DW. Your lack of confidence made you Google , screenshot a a research work and paste it when you could av simply said DW means Diebetic wound .
Before I forget, no medlab lecturer taught me in med scul; not when there are pathologist. sorry sir but the truth is medlab sctst dont have the required knowledge and skills to be able to teach student doctors..or u think its how to switch on a centrifuge machine and set it to spin at certain revolution that med students learn?
NWNGSFNO(nothing we no go see for nairaland o) You see this my new abbreviation right, search it on Google tomorrow or whenever you have data and see if google won't provide u with a link to this page..so now that makes it a standard abbreviation right
Am not replying you again, consider my reply today as Xmas gift, and u know everyday is not Christmas

3 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by sampatdikachi(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
The fight in the medical sector sha. I'm of the opinion that associate degrees should be allowed to enable Brethren from biological science programs enter into Med lab practice full time. During the pandemic, I remember how MLS guys trended hashtags for weeks on twitter wailing that there are being marginalized in the fight against Sars cov 2. cheesy The NCDC ignored their asses and employed graduates of Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Molecular Microbiology, Virology to carryout Covid-19 tests angry grin grin. You can also checkout the degrees of graduates 54 gene employs as molecular scientists that carryout Covid-19 test in their mobile labs grin. Truth is some of our MLscientists aren't really grounded in Molecular diagnosis. It reminds me of when I had a written interview with some MLscientists from UNN for the role of Biomedical Scientist for a Molecular Pathology Lab in Enugu and they couldn’t explain explain the general protocol in DNA and RNA Isolation, and the basic PCR reaction principle. It was surprising to me, honestly.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Desdola(m): 11:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
It's only bone marrow transplant you mentioned. And how many test u think is done with the RDT u mentioned? I don't have time arguing with an egocentric fellow
subzeroth:
. No, pathologists are not dragging lab with u. U are d ones fighting yourselves. What Pathologist do, even professor in medlab can't even comprehend it. Abi do medlab haematolgist av the slightest idea of bone marrow transplant. .
U guys should be bothered about Rapid diagnostic kits gradually taking up your jobs
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Viraltrends123: 11:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
Legendforte:

yes they do.
I asked you what year biochemistry students start doing anatomy and physiology. My best friends in year 3, BCH, so I will like to know if it's year 4 we start doing anatomy and physiology, or second semester year 3. Because, I asked them, and they said they are not sure, but they haven't done any yet.

So, tell me when did they start teaching you guys anatomy and physiology in your school. And what school is that?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Viraltrends123: 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
sampatdikachi:
The fight in the medical sector sha. I'm of the opinion that associate degrees should be allowed to enable Brethren from biological science programs enter into Med lab practice full time. During the pandemic, I remember how MLS guys trended hashtags for weeks on twitter wailing that there are being marginalized in the fight against Sars cov 2. cheesy The NCDC ignored their asses and employed graduates of Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Molecular Microbiology, Virology to carryout Covid-19 tests angry grin grin. You can also checkout the degrees of graduates 54 gene employs as molecular scientists that carryout Covid-19 test in their mobile labs grin. Truth is some of our MLscientists aren't really grounded in Molecular diagnosis. It reminds me of when I had a written interview with some MLscientists from UNN for the role of Biomedical Scientist for a Molecular Pathology Lab in Enugu and they couldn’t explain explain the general protocol in DNA and RNA Isolation, and the basic PCR reaction principle. It was surprising to me, honestly.
You talk like a little child, I'm not into anything science though, but I know this kind of mentality you have. It's just like one electrician in my area claiming he told and electrical engineering graduate to fix a radio, but couldn't, one guy was bashing a computer science graduate for not being able to on Bluetooth on his laptop, they will now come online and be like computer science graduate Don't know anything, I can remember when I helped one to on ordinary Bluetooth
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by TheRealOwner(m): 12:25am On Dec 26, 2021
Clash of egos all over this thread.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 6:40am On Dec 26, 2021
subzeroth:
[s]Lol..typical medlab scientist, always boiling and ready to fight like tauts due to inferiority complex
So if am writing a research on say Head Trauma and I now decide to abbreviate it as HT after initial introduction to the abbreviation in the article, does that make it a standard medical abbreviation like the likes of DM foot ulcers, tropical DM hand syndrome, AIDS, COVID, BD, tds, QD , PCR, DNA, etc?
Type the words 'BH big head' on Google and see if you won't get something where they abbreviated big head as BH, does that mean Big head is the standard abbreviation BH? Or type 'DW dear wife' and see if you won't get a link where your DW was abbreviated to be dear wife..
You typed ' DW diabetic wound' and Google provided something pointing towards what you typed and u are happy asif u don't know how Google works.
I bet you, type just DW and see if you will get a link abreviating it as Diebtic wound . You will search and search before u get one(if any). That shows its not a standard recognised medical abbreviation. But type any of the standard abbreviations I listed above or anyone you know( if u know any) and see if you get a direct recognised meaning to it
It took you up to page 4 to be able to tell YOUR meaning of DW. Your lack of confidence made you Google , screenshot a a research work and paste it when you could av simply said DW means Diebetic wound .
Before I forget, no medlab lecturer taught me in med scul; not when there are pathologist. sorry sir but the truth is medlab sctst dont have the required knowledge and skills to be able to teach student doctors..or u think its how to switch on a centrifuge machine and set it to spin at certain revolution that med students learn?
NWNGSFNO(nothing we no go see for nairaland o) You see this my new abbreviation right, search it on Google tomorrow or whenever you have data and see if google won't provide u with a link to this page..so now that makes it a standard abbreviation right
Am not replying you again, consider my reply today as Xmas gift, and u know everyday is not Christmas[/s]

Olodo ni o. Even your written grammar is atrocious and you claim to be a medical consultant? Wonders are many on earth.

You are clearly of lower intellect. Where did you finish? grin
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by omolola12345(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2021
I doubt the microbiologist that said he wanted to switch to Radiography after obtaining masters have a PhD grade at the end of his programme. If not the person stand the chance of getting a lecturing job in that field and even have the chance of furthering his studies outside the country. Its good to be the best in our field of study than going for a course because of its hot cake nature then do cram and pour and get job in the field but not having much relevance in the field. We have many Doctors practicing but we have Doctors with Difference. The same thing applies to other medical personnels. If anyone eventually graduate from a medical field and the person is not making any difference in that field, its a great disaster. Going for medical professions should not be targeted at the money alone but the passion someone has for such profession. May we not be frustrated in life.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2021
sampatdikachi:

Stop lying, 54 gene are always advertizing for Medical Laboratory Scientists almost every quaterly of the year.

An Medical scientist acquintance who is certified in molecular pathology started working there about 4 months ago.

Stop misleading people, you are not licensed to run medical tests and diagnose.
Anyone who employ your type with a non-clinical biological certificate is simply looking to cut cost at very great risk.

The only problem I have is those fakes parading themselves as 'Med Lab Scientist' release atrocious results, the real Medical Lab Scientists take the blames.
That's why the MLSCN and AMLSN must redouble their efforts in weeding out the quacks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by sharone21(f): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2021
yunqdady:

Sometimes I feel you are just an admission agent

Hahaha
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Legendforte: 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Viraltrends123:
I asked you what year biochemistry students start doing anatomy and physiology. My best friends in year 3, BCH, so I will like to know if it's year 4 we start doing anatomy and physiology, or second semester year 3. Because, I asked them, and they said they are not sure, but they haven't done any yet.

So, tell me when did they start teaching you guys anatomy and physiology in your school. And what school is that?
Usually year 2 in all unis. Use google mr man
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by PitexyBaba(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
osazsky:
what of crop science.i know of a lady that used it to work in a bank

ah!
Msc Crop science working in a bank??
Like wtf!
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by femianski: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
Legendforte:

Usually year 2 in all unis. Use google mr man
Biochemistry students are not taught physiology or anatomy in school most especially anatomy. I have friends in between biochemistry
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Legendforte: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
femianski:

Biochemistry students are not taught physiology or anatomy in school most especially anatomy. I have friends in between biochemistry
hmm.. check uniben course outline of med biochemistry.
All biomedical students study anat, physio, bioch and maybe mcb.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Legendforte: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
They are foundational courses for life scientists and clinicians including paramedics
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by davbravo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Legendforte:

hmm.. check uniben course outline of med biochemistry.
All biomedical students study anat, physio, bioch and maybe mcb.
Don't use one school to make conclusions, because you claim Uniben offers the course as Medical Biochemistry. But in a lot of schools, it's just Biochemistry and it's usually under the faculty of Science, and they have no business with Anatomy and Physiology

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by rocoh(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Stop hyperventilating, Medical laboratory Science is a broader field and not just a department but a faculty and even a college of its own in many countries.

There are medical scientists trained as specialists in all those fields you've mentioned in both Nigeria and abroad.
They are in Immunology, parasitology, molecular pathology, Chem path, Virology, histopath, histochemistry, hematology, mycology, clinical embryology etc. Trainings are done even up to doctoral levels.

Google IBMS specialist training in the UK. Go to see Linkedin and see Nigeria-trained Clinical Scientists grabbing UK NHS medical laboratory jobs.

Nowhere will you be allowed to you touch medical samples for analysis if you are not medically trained to do so.
The days where every Tom, Dick and Harry can enter the lab and start releasing ridiculous, laughable and embarrasing results in the name of 'Medical Laboratory Scientist' are over.

I will like to know how a board certified medical laboratory technician in Nigeria can advance his /her career and can he or she immigrate with his qualifications.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by pembisco(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
subzeroth:

Mumu. So you think Medlab is all about learning test procedures? A 300level Medlab student can comfortably give you the answers to to those LFT questions you asked talk more of a Chemical pathology specialist
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by pembisco(m): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
subzeroth:
Lol..typical medlab scientist, always boiling and ready to fight like tauts due to inferiority complex
Am not replying you again, consider my reply today as Xmas gift, and u know everyday is not Christmas
Drop down your ego and learn.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by pembisco(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
sampatdikachi:
Stop consoling yourself. All those that carried out and still perform covid tests in Nigeria are certified Medlab scientists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Best Remote Career Options For Graduates? / My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job / Aso Villa Demo Day 2016: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.