Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? (16571 Views)

Hospital Jobs In Abuja (doctors, Nurses, CHEW, Lab Tech, MLS, Physiotherapist / As A Biochemistry Graduate, What Next? / RE: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Vicoymi: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2021
bennyflipy:
A biochemistry graduate cannot become an MLS professional, go and get a DE form or buy UTME.

I'm a microbiologist with my masters but I'm getting a DE form next year for Radiography.
Microbiology, biochemistry and the likes are useless courses in this country.
Really??
Does radiography pay well?
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by eaglez(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Not really bro, I think the problem with biochemistry is that they don't have parent bodies like ican,nma,mlscn etc if at all they have the parent bodies are not as pronounced as the ones mentioned. If nma goes on strike today, whatsoever they are fighting for will affect a 100L medical student.
AntichristXXX:
Both are a waste of time.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by PEREZPERECTUS: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=bennyflipy post=108800399]A biochemistry graduate cannot become an MLS professional, go and get a DE form or buy UTME.

I'm a microbiologist with my masters but I'm getting a DE form next year for Radiography.

NO COURSE IS USELESS!
It all depends on what you make out of it

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by exynos(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2021
petsey:
Don't cross, stay on ur lane n be the best there.
To what end?
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Cmanforall: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2021
Young042galaxy:

[s]All I see is a bittered doctor trying to cause a fight.
Biochemistry is different from Medlab.
1)One is under faculty of natural science while one is in faculty of medical sciences .
2) Biochemistry is 4yrs course while medlab is 5yrs.
3) medlab have knowledge of Anatomy, biochemistry and physiology which biochemistry graduates lack.
Most nurses are clinically sound than physicians and it still won't make them to cut corners to start practicing as a physician[/s] .

Duration of course does not make it supreme or better. For a biochemist to switch to Laboratory work, especially in the area of chemical pathology or biochemistry analysis should require a training or internship for about 6months.

You don't even know my field, you've already made assumptions.
Answer this if you are MLS
Are medical lab scientists marginalising other non-MLS in the laboratory?
Will a Medical laboratory technician earn the same salary with a medical lab scientists?
Will medical lab scientists allow a medical lab technician or biochemist or microbiologist head the department?
Will the association of medical lab scientists allow a conversion or recognition of other laboratory workers after training?

The bitterness may actually lie in those medical lab scientists that would rather seek equality when it comes to top hospital positions BUT would not want same equality in their departments.
I pity all those that are marginalised that keep contributing money to those heading their organisation to enrich themselves in the name of fighting for top hospital positions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Herbephe1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
[center][/center]

frustrating
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cmanforall:

Why do you want to switch to Medical Lab Science?
Are you marginalised?
I hope the MLS won't avoid this thread

The discrimination that exists in Laboratory Sciences are not heard of. But the Biochemist, Laboratory. Technician, microbiologist etc working in the hospital will rather contribute money to fight against the doctors than to seek equality in theor department first.
A fight that they will never win. Imagine medlab scientist fighting against pathologist ..medlab scientist that uses 99% machines and 1% brain to carry out their work, people dat can hardly interpret the simplest of results

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Bikky302(f): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
bennyflipy:
A biochemistry graduate cannot become an MLS professional, go and get a DE form or buy UTME.

You're on the right path. Radiography is a lucrative course

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by jumpmasta(m): 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
Young042galaxy:

All I see is a bittered doctor trying to cause a fight.
1)One is under faculty of natural science while one is in faculty of medical sciences .
3) medlab have knowledge of Anatomy, biochemistry and physiology which biochemistry graduates lack.
Most nurses are clinically sound than physicians and it still won't make them to cut corners to start practicing as a physician.
This is one of the most ignorant posts I have seen on Nairaland today . Biochemistry students also do Anatomy and physiology even more than the MLS students . Then again I wonder how a nurse will be more sound compared to physicians . Is it in picking Grade 4 murmur or diagnosing Ogilvie’s syndrome or even Various VSDs or ASDs . Please take several seats and sit your ass down

8 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Young042galaxy post=108800753]
Most nurses are clinically sound than physicians and it still won't make them to cut corners to start practicing as a physician.

Lol@ most nurses are clinically sound than physician...
You and I know u are not telling the truth sir..
And its always funny when I hear medlab scientist say they Have knowledge on anatomy like u have a visual idea what any structure really look like

3 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Panda7(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
I want to know, what are we going to schools to become??
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

A fight that they will never win. Imagine medlab scientist fighting against patholothat ..medlab scientist that uses 99% machines and 1% brain to carry out their work, people dat can hardly interpret the simplest of results

If a cultured plate of Proteus mirabilis isolated from a DW patient is hanged on your neck and you are asked to read and interprete the plate, can you do that even if your life depends on it?
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

If a cultured plate of Proteus mirabilis isolated from a DW patient is hanged on your neck and you are asked to read and interprete the plate, can you do that even if your life depends on it?
First of all what does your DW stand for?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

First of all what does your DW stand for?

You see, you can't even figure out the simplest abbreviations but you think Medical Scientists were employed to dance skelewu in the lab?

You think they studied for 5+1+1 years to become button pushers? Joker!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

You see, you can't even figure out the simplest abbreviations but you think Medical Scientists were employed to dance skelewu in the lab?

You think they studied 5+1+1 years to become button pushers? Joker!
Lol, baba answer, what does "DW" patient stand for in medicine

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by LLiKYekoba: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

Lol, baba answer, what does "DW" patient stand for in medicine

I'm not paid to teach you.

Go and ask those who erroneously taught you that 'Lab Scientists are useless' even when they can't run a simple PCV test to save their own lives or that of their relatives.

Let them help you figure it out. I'm sure at least one will confidently and stupidly tell you it's "Dextrose in Water" to confuse you more. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Topshow2010(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cmanforall:

Duration of course does not make it supreme or better. For a biochemist to switch to Laboratory work, especially in the area of chemical pathology or biochemistry analysis should require a training or internship for about 6months.

Will a Medical laboratory technician earn the same salary with a medical lab scientists?
Will medical lab scientists allow a medical lab technician or biochemist or microbiologist head the department?
Will the association of medical lab scientists allow a conversion or recognition of other laboratory workers after training?

The bitterness may actually lie in those medical lab scientists that would rather seek equality when it comes to top hospital positions BUT would not want same equality in their departments.
I pity all those that are marginalised that keep contributing money to those heading their organisation to enrich themselves in the name of fighting for top hospital positions.

If I may ask u,would a Physician or a trained Medical doctor allow an anatomy or a pharmacists into consulting room to see patient ?

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Bukasint(f): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Young042galaxy:

Are you okay? A nurse clinically sound more than some physician? Asin for this December you just dey vomit this nonsense..No make fore burn you oOoOO pls

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by subzeroth: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

I'm not paid to teach you.

Go and ask those who erroneously taught you that 'Lab Scientists are useless' even when they can't run a simple PCV test to save their own lives or that of their relatives.

Let them help you figure it out. I'm sure at least one will confidently and stupidly tell you it's "Dextrose in Water" to confuse you more. grin
Lol .baba a 200level medical student knows that D/W is the standard abbreviation for dextrose in water and a 400l medical student can carry out PCV test.
but u see this your "DW patient" , i dare you to tell everyone the meaning of the abbreviation in medicine here for everyone on nairaland to see

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Young042galaxy: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bukasint:

Are you okay? A nurse clinically sound more than some physician? Asin for this December you just dey vomit this nonsense..No make fore burn you oOoOO pls
Like I said, some nurses are clinically sound than some physicians.
Go kii urself over it.
The point is that all profession requires certain training.
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by MrFinbarr(m): 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Young042galaxy:

Go kii urself over it.

You are such a complete idiot to make such statement. Nurse more clinically sound than a physician? Oh my goodness!!!

This is the most idiotic sentence I've ever heard in a long time. You definitely need an urgent break check. Such a dumb ass!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Viraltrends123: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
jumpmasta:

This is one of the most ignorant posts I have seen on Nairaland today . Biochemistry students also do Anatomy and physiology even more than the MLS students . Then again I wonder how a nurse will be more sound compared to physicians . Is it in picking Grade 4 murmur or diagnosing Ogilvie’s syndrome or even Various VSDs or ASDs . Please take several seats and sit your ass down
Which year does bch students start doing anatomy and physiology??
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Bukasint(f): 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Young042galaxy:

Go kii urself over it.

Lol... Your ignorance doesn't exclude stupidity Sha....

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Lindodo20: 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
The bitterness in this thread is mind-boggling...smh for the black man
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Rooy57(m): 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
bennyflipy:

And how much do you think a radiographer earned?
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by Madas1986(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
subzeroth:

A fight that they will never win. Imagine medlab scientist fighting against pathologist ..medlab scientist that uses 99% machines and 1% brain to carry out their work, people dat can hardly interpret the simplest of results
that's truth but you can't be one ooo

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by goso39: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cmanforall:

=Laughable

= No they don't.
= Why will a BMLS holder earn same salary with his/her far junior �..
= Biochemists and Microbiologist are not trained to work in the hospitals so can't head any department.
= No they won't

= No bitterness. it's just the truth, most of all these professionals don't want to face their fields in the industries with manufacturing etc but want to work in the labs. Its really not funny working in the lab. Thank you

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by yunqdady: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cmanforall:

Why do you want to switch to Medical Lab Science?
Are you marginalised?
I hope the MLS won't avoid this thread

The discrimination that exists in Laboratory Sciences are not heard of. But the Biochemist, Laboratory. Technician, microbiologist etc working in the hospital will rather contribute money to fight against the doctors than to seek equality in theor department first.
You are a mischievous bigot
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by profndu(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Professional politics will continue to keep Nigeria in the stone age. Omicron case started in Nigeria but was discovered in South Africa.. A particular profession wanted to dominate everything just to create job for her unborn generations. The term Medical lab is a selfish-colonization of the field Diagonostic Lab. You can't narrow a broad field to a single department. A field consisting of chemical pathology, parasitology, hematology, microbiology, histology of which each also has branches was narrowed down to a course of greediness called med lab.. The main reason why research in medical field is dead in Nigeria. Specialization is also dead by this act of greediness.. Microbiology alone has more than 3 branches not limited to Immunology, bateriology, virology etc.. One greedy council got these various courses together and call it medical lab.. How can the potentials of these courses by exploited just by tip studying them to carryout lab test only, where is the research that comes from deep knowledge of a course? Med lab has destroyed potentials of these fields that forms the bed rock of medical research, they only touch the cover of each of these courses to become test based medlab. Let there be freedom in all fields of life and you will see that people who started microbiology independently from year one will have many things to offer in that course more than those who study the cover alongside other courses and combine them to answer medlab. Politics will bury Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by yunqdady: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
sharone21:

If you can, just enter Cameroon to do 2years HND+1 year top up BSc and get licensed there....Or do Nursing...
Sometimes I feel you are just an admission agent
Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by yunqdady: 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cmanforall:

Don't go and write IELTS and Plab. Be doing local champion there

1 Like

Re: How Can A Biochemistry Graduate Become A MLS Professional? by pembisco(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cmanforall:

Why will the association allow convertion of biochemistry etc to Medlab profession when there are plenty universities offering the Medlab directly of through Jamb?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria And Cameroon Rank 4th And 5th In The World For Employee Well-being / Mtn Test Format / Pls House How Do I Get To Magodo From Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.