Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors (17540 Views)

FG Increases Prices Of Electricity Meters / The Only Person Nigerians Wont Reject As A President / COVID-19: Sanwo-olu Increases Hazard Allowance Of Health Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Ovamboland(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
OfficialJayy:

For you to say that medical school is almost free in Nigeria simply means schooling in Nigeria no matter the course is free.. because medicine is actually the most expensive course to study in Nigeria, and lets not forget the number of years people spend in med school these days.. imagine spending a whole 6-9 years of your life reading book.. imagine going for clinics between 8-1pm.. then going for classes 2-5pm, then coming back for night calls by 6-till you're done.. then in all, you will still try and figure in times to read your gigantic textbooks.. one nelson pediatric textbook in medicine is more than the combined textbooks of some 4years courses.. then after all the stress, insults, unnecessary expectations,,, you will still expect someone to be earning 5k as hazard allowance.. you try oo.. God bless you

You mean they didn't know the hazard allowance was 5k before they accepted the job from govt hospital? The private hospitals is an option why not go there?

Let govt be begging them to come and work in the public hospitals with better offer
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Ovamboland(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Why is the UK AND US the yardstick for y’all comparison You are getting over yourself Mr man??

I’m tasking you to compare the average salary of a Nigerian Dr with that of Dr’s from Morocco, Tunisia, South Africa, Algeria and compare same with Nigeria. Stop getting ahead of yourself with US AND UK because you’re yet to accept that Nigeria is a shithole, you’re looking for a bigger fish to match d1ck size with.

Those countries have higher income or GDP per Capita compared to Nigeria. Hence it's not a surprise income in those countries will be higher. So will be cost of living, you won't buy fuel in all those countries at equivalent 162 or even house rents won't be as low as Nigeria.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by otokx(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
AK481:
Summery: johesu should not come close.

Such disrespect!

Interesting line of thought.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by KaluwisxPRO: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ovamboland:

Those countries have higher income or GDP per Capita compared to Nigeria. Hence it's not a surprise income in those countries will be higher. So will be cost of living, you won't buy fuel in all those countries at equivalent 162 or even house rents won't be as low as Nigeria.

And what led to the increase exchange rate?? Did those country have their currency tripled to the USD in 6years Why should professionals be left to bear the adverse effect of a clueless government?
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by otokx(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
Apples should be compared with Apples.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by YoungRay007: 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
What about pharmacist
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by CaptainAyub: 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
post=108809271:
What do you mean ? Every other area of practice carries its own risk. Lots of lab scientist have gotten ailments from running test for patients, nurses have also gotten ailments from caring for patients in the ward, same goes for pharmacist who day in and out counsel patients. No risk is greater than the other.

You should always remember this before you open your mouth.

Mumu, are lab scientists,nurses and pharmacists not clinical staff who got from 32k upwards?
You no just know anything, don't quote me again pls.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by loadedvibes: 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Foolishness and ignorance flows through you . You can't be helped. Go back to the original post you quoted and read what I wrote. If you are a physician you won't be a sound one atall.
CaptainAyub:

Mumu, are lab scientists,nurses and pharmacists not clinical staff who got from 32k upwards?
You no just know anything, don't quote me again pls.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by miraculousGod(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
macdominic22:

Wetin concern doctor, concern johesu,does what they are paying johesu affect how much school fees I pay,or food in the market or how much I will use to affect my car,if johesu wants,let them earn x20 of what I earn as long want I am paid is an equivalent of the service I give,I am happy we
So, is 40k too small for hazard allowance? Why the rejection?
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by donjhyde(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
macdominic22:

Free money ohhhh,free money,I don suffer,na because I still dey the country na why person go dey talk free money
And yes I like how you slipped it your low self esteem into your statement,no body has ever said doctors is greater than nurse,they have their job,we have ours.

I don't expect less from your shit hole bro...... You cannot survive without the help of other medical personnel..... Take it or leave it.....
Next time you people are fighting, fight for all the health personnel not just for your selfish interest alone........ Doctors are not more important than other medical personnel...... Let your struggle affect others as well.... Until then, you will continue to make fool of yourselves....
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Hkff: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Really
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Misterone: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
OfficialJayy:

You that is very patriotic,, do you collect money for the services you offer to people for the kind of business you're into??

And bro, cuba has the highest doctor-to-population ratio in the world.. over 5% of their population are doctors.. now compare that to the stress Nigerian doctors are going through.. Nigeria's doctor-to-population ratio is even below that recommended by who.... Pay a quick visit to some hospitals in Nigeria, and I swear, you will pity for doctors especially the house officers, and registrars.. you cant be comparing someone who attends to like 10 patients in a week to someone who attends to 10 in a day
utter trash! Which stress are doctors in Nigeria going through! Maybe you've never been to an hospital before (government or private). Come and see as these one act like lords. even interns from NYSC will treat you like shit. I will say it again, doctors in Nigeria are not patriotic enough

1 Like

Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Misterone: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

And what led to the increase exchange rate?? Did those country have their currency tripled to the USD in 6years Why should professionals be left to bear the adverse effect of a clueless government?
we are in Nigeria not the USA, so don't rate their salary in USD. Also their school fees were not rated in USD. Stop this shit.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Misterone: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
macdominic22:

The country is able to provide one doctor for every 150 Cuban citizens,Nigeria's doctors to patients ratio of 4:10,000 (can you make comparisons between this people)

In Cuba,civil servants will earn much less than the average salary of about $159 a month,an intern, or doctor in training, will earn $210 a month(what are you saying about them being the lowest paid)
fucking ratio 4:10000! With these bad characters of public hospital doctors, how many people go to public hospitals these days? I have seen people dying in a hospital while the doctor is busy trying to Bleep someone in his office.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Ovamboland(m): 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
blackboy:
Insulting the doctors is not the way forward. It is not free money. In most employment pay their are allowances due which makes up their month end take home.

Those insulting the doctors decision to reject and comparing docs to nurses should continue. Go find out how many doctors are leaving , have left or about leaving Nigeria. Kwontinue not valuing what you have.

When last have you visited a hospital. Let insiders tell you how many doctors have left the hospitals for abroad.

Their rejecting should be meant with further negotiation. Unless you are a doctor then you can understand them. HE who wears the shoe knows where it hurts.

This is a good one from FG but it must not stop there. And doctors please please please save more lives

In UK you will pay up to £120 into NHS every month from your minimum whether you fall I'll or not. That's where the high salary of medical practioners come from.

NHS rakes in £214bn every year which is 10 times Nigeria annual budget. But you expect our health system that hardly gets $2bn funding to half as good as UK system. If you hear that govt hospital fees has increased now you will start making noise.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Ovamboland(m): 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
chymeze:
You call them ingrates yet you have never protested your senators and house of reps members who collect hundreds of thousands as hazard allowance for just warming the seats in the assembly complex. This is why I always say that Nigerians deserve the hardships they're going through now and even more! People who are exposed to serious hazards on a daily basis are protesting against allocation of chicken feeeds to them as hazard allowance and you shout them down as ingrates, while people who do not face any form of hazard but get millions as hazard allowance for just warming a bench are not protested against or insulted as ingrates. There is really a fundamental problem with Nigerians, seriously!

Competent past governments payed the doctors 5k hazard allowance while paying legislators millions.
Now this bad govt increased it to 40k and the response is to reject it.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Cajal(m): 9:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if u part of them. I asked Will u help them do the work for free?
Are we working for free
We have never worked for free
What are you saying

1 Like

Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Sunday2021: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Ingrates for rejecting $80 as Hazard allowance? How much is a wardrobe allowance for those in the house of rep? What hazard do they face that is much more than a medical practitioner?

If you cannot afford them, then allow them leave to where they will be appreciated, with actual medical equipments. Your useless country expects Dr to lick their assess with no medical equipments, while offering them peanuts, yet expect productivity.

Let Buhari favor does in the north to venture into Medicine, let them be in charge from the north.

do you even know who is training those doctors? Do you know how much federal government is spending in training those doctors? I don't want to talk about region but you brought it up. Two southerners were president for 14 years, how much did they increase to the doctors as hazard allowance? Some times you can borrow small brain before coming to disgrace yourself.
Let me tell you something! In terms of leadership and welfare of public servant the north is far far better than our southerners.
Eg. When Sadiq Abubakar was the Chief of air staff, the airforce personnel were getting some welfares, go and ask them what is going on now when our fellow southerner took over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Cajal(m): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if u part of them. I asked Will u help them do the work for free?
I just told you am also a doc and I understand what is going on
What else do you want me to say..abah
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Ovamboland(m): 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Yes some countries have had their currency collapsed such that 1 trillion is printed on a note. Almost all countries of the world are also battling inflation not seen in the last 40 years.
The professionals have always been free to pursue their career in private establishments and foreign countries of their choice. I have had instances of doctors who relocated to foreign countries and had to run away
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Tumbulum: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Where is it almost free? Mention the school and their fees. If Nigerians are used to half baked Dr, some of us are not. Pay medical practitioners what they deserve as a global practice.
compare it with what people pay abroad for medical school.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Tumbulum: 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
OfficialJayy:

For you to say that medical school is almost free in Nigeria simply means schooling in Nigeria no matter the course is free.. because medicine is actually the most expensive course to study in Nigeria, and lets not forget the number of years people spend in med school these days.. imagine spending a whole 6-9 years of your life reading book.. imagine going for clinics between 8-1pm.. then going for classes 2-5pm, then coming back for night calls by 6-till you're done.. then in all, you will still try and figure in times to read your gigantic textbooks.. one nelson pediatric textbook in medicine is more than the combined textbooks of some 4years courses.. then after all the stress, insults, unnecessary expectations,,, you will still expect someone to be earning 5k as hazard allowance.. you try oo.. God bless you
medical school is almost free in Nigeria compared with what people pay abroad to become a doctor. Some of them have to take student loan to foot the bill. How much do you pay in medical school per annum in Nigeria? Not even up to 1k dollars.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by macdominic22: 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
donjhyde:

I don't expect less from your shit hole bro...... You cannot survive without the help of other medical personnel..... Take it or leave it.....
Next time you people are fighting, fight for all the health personnel not just for your selfish interest alone........ Doctors are not more important than other medical personnel...... Let your struggle affect others as well.... Until then, you will continue to make fool of yourselves....

Ohhh because the hazard fee we fought for did not Increase for every health worker.
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by macdominic22: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ovamboland:

The salary of the Nigerian president is about 1m monthly while the average oil worker gets 3m monthly what's your point?
Simply read the quoted message to get the point
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by lexy2014: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cajal:

I just told you am also a doc and I understand what is going on
What else do you want me to say..abah

That isn't what I asked u. I asked Will u help them do the work for free? Yes or no
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by lexy2014: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Cajal:

Are we working for free
We have never worked for free
What are you saying

Am asking a simple question: Will u help them do the work for free?
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Felixnyle: 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thanks for updating your dairy. All the best in the new year. Try and rest well before the heat of med school beginnings.
TONYE001:

Perhaps you should be more objective. Supposing a doctor comes down with viral hepatitis, HIV, or COVID-19, can 80 USD solve this problem? How much medications can this amount buy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by MisfitHPG: 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
dollynnn:

So dumb and lame.
How some people here disgrace themselves by showing how ill- mannered or uncultured they are still baffles me.
It is an undisputable fact that we all are entitled to our opinions.
If Someone typed something you do not subscribe to or agree to,that doesn't mean you should go on a disgracing spree showing how morally depraved you are.
2021 is almost coming to an end, get some sense before 2022 finally unveils itself
if you had borrowed this sense you wouldn't have "disgraced" yourself by saying that bullshit you said,only a dog would call people who risk their lives to care for the sick ingrates for refusing a meagre sum of 40k,infact it's below a dog
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Cajal(m): 6:18am On Dec 26, 2021
lexy2014:

Am asking a simple question: Will u help them do the work for free?
Am not sure u are not robot
Pls get off my way
Which 'Them'..?
Is it difficult to understand simple explanation?
Re: Union Reject As FG Increases Hazard Allowance From ₦5,000 To ₦40,000 For Doctors by Cajal(m): 6:19am On Dec 26, 2021
lexy2014:

That isn't what I asked u. I asked Will u help them do the work for free? Yes or no
You may need an assessment sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: North Will Still Produce Nigeria’s President After Buhari - Bala Mohammed / Emefiele: Witness Confirms $6.2m Payment For Foreign Election Observers / Boko-Haram gave Me N5000 To Burn Schools - Teenager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.