Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

What Do I Do About My Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do About My Mother (24137 Views)

My Mother-In-Law And My Wife Undermine Me / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2021
Your Lazy mother?!

Kids of nowadays sha.

Again, there is nothing you won't see on the internet.....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Charmingrascal(m): 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lol
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Tedpgrass: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
precisely, she will change when she finds that she needs to. undecided

When they allow her stew in her filth for a year or more, she will..... unless she is mentally challenged. undecided

Heard of conditioning....

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by rajiedreez: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
Your lazy mom worked to earn a living and took care of you guys abi

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by ImoleNaija: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2021
Humm
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by CUMIN: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
You called your mother lazy...are you cursed?.

4 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by orgylover: 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,
My mom is lovely but lately I'm getting fed up with her. She is someone that requires people to do every single thing for her without lifting a finger. Asides earning money to train her children, which I'm forever grateful for.

I can say that all my life, I can count how many times I've seen my mother cook or pick a broom, talkless of lay her bed.

Growing up, I thought it was very normal since our culture is one where you have to be very respectful and help your elders. I have many siblings so we all did everything for the house and for her. But lately, with the older ones settling down and moving out, I'm left with her.

It has gotten to the extent that my unmarried siblings also avoid the house because it's not easy living with her. We got her a maid to help around but it's not a permanent solution especially with expenses.

I'm a student and I came home this break while the maid travels back home for Christmas. The whole situation is quite tiring for me. I was baffled today when, while I was choked up cooking Christmas food for us and guests coming later, she called me to rub cream on her foot, like why can't she do it herself. The fact that she didn't even help with any of the cooking and arrangements was painful enough.

My siblings have given up on her as they believe she's used to it already and she can't change. I've been told that my late dad pampered her and got several maids for her so she has been doing this for so long already. My father died when I was little.

I've taken it as not a big deal but I'm beginning to think of moving to another state after graduation just because of this issue. cry

I don't know whether to confront her about her attitude. Or whether that would make me disrespectful or ungrateful to her.
useless bastard. The money she used to train ur useless self, she should.have used it to hire maids because u are useless. I begged my mom to stop working. U are a useless son

7 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
Your mom is fat ,fat people are lazy in everything..
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Tukor1759: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,
My mom is lovely but lately I'm getting fed up with her. She is someone that requires people to do every single thing for her without lifting a finger. Asides earning money to train her children, which I'm forever grateful for.

I can say that all my life, I can count how many times I've seen my mother cook or pick a broom, talkless of lay her bed.

Growing up, I thought it was very normal since our culture is one where you have to be very respectful and help your elders. I have many siblings so we all did everything for the house and for her. But lately, with the older ones settling down and moving out, I'm left with her.

It has gotten to the extent that my unmarried siblings also avoid the house because it's not easy living with her. We got her a maid to help around but it's not a permanent solution especially with expenses.

I'm a student and I came home this break while the maid travels back home for Christmas. The whole situation is quite tiring for me. I was baffled today when, while I was choked up cooking Christmas food for us and guests coming later, she called me to rub cream on her foot, like why can't she do it herself. The fact that she didn't even help with any of the cooking and arrangements was painful enough.

My siblings have given up on her as they believe she's used to it already and she can't change. I've been told that my late dad pampered her and got several maids for her so she has been doing this for so long already. My father died when I was little.

I've taken it as not a big deal but I'm beginning to think of moving to another state after graduation just because of this issue. cry

I don't know whether to confront her about her attitude. Or whether that would make me disrespectful or ungrateful to her.
adapt to the system,that's always our way of living in nigeria
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by FaithBrain1994(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2021
Attitude easy to form, hard to stop. Deal with it as she can't change at least not now that she's advanced in age. You see all these slay queen that feels too big to use their hands and work? That's how their old age will look like. Sadly, its the children that will bear the brunt.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by muheeb01(m): 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
Apparently,it's too late for her to change according to what I read....keep enduring bro,it's your mum you have no choice

Check my signature and profile for my works....we deliver through GiG logistic or bus driver nationwide,and powdery form through dhl abroad...my office is in oyo town
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Lindodo20: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
Too late to fight or change just continue to humor her
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Skillsnigeria: 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Success77x: 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
ITbomb:
One day you will remember her and wish she was there for you to be rubbing her legs all day

I wise man once said.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by jrusky(m): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
Your mother is lazy from your mouth? Young man you came on social media calling your mum, the woman that carried you in pain in her belly for 9 months, gave birth to you in a situation of life and death, trained you from a suckling baby to crawling baby till where you are today and you come here to called her a lazy mother?

I'm ashamed of you. Delete this post immediately and go and apologise to your mother I mean right now I don't care what your explanation are all about calling her lazy upset me.

5 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by otunbadan(m): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
you wrote alot of nonsense..... using the word lazy and grateful at the same time. Pack out of the house

tife4eva:
Hello,
[s]My mom is lovely but lately I'm getting fed up with her. She is someone that requires people to do every single thing for her without lifting a finger. [/s]Asides earning money to train her children, which I'm forever grateful for.

[s]I can say that all my life, I can count how many times I've seen my mother cook or pick a broom, talkless of lay her bed.

I don't know whether to confront her about her attitude. Or whether that would make me disrespectful or ungrateful to her[/s].
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Success77x: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
Her silent prayer to God that has kept you going, is enough reason for you not to complain
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by BarrElChapo(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,

Old habits never die.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by TimeTraveller: 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2021
Your mother was not lazy when she carried you for 9 months.
She didn't abort you o! She bath and fed you as a child.
She took you to all the immunisation dates without missing any, that's why you are not crippled from polio.

Now that you are old enough to spell 'lazy', you dare come to SM to call her lazy?

Are you cursed? Are you mad? Shey you wan Sango and Amadioha to combine their powers and strike you with leprosy ni?

Again, are you mad?

4 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
All these mummy boys will not allow us rest
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by anungangampu: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
How does she manage to earn money? That's what I want to hear. If she can afford maids, let her be. There is a reason people needs maids all their lives .
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by illicit(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ur mother
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by JustforMen: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
My view:
She is your Mom and deserves honor and respect from you.
She is obviously old and you can tolerate her weaknesses and let her be.
She is on the last lap of life so a little spoiling and pampering is in order.
Honor and Revere her with love and kindness.
Let it slide.
No need to confront and upset her because she my be fighting tougher battles with her health that you may not be aware of.
That is what I would do if it were my mother.
Just love, honor and revere her.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Bar1941(m): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2021
For you to get the gut to call your mom lazy shows the 'omo ale' in you. You accepted she earned the money to send you to school, that alone proved how hardworking she is. If you are tired of doing the household chores coupled with other menial activities in the house, go back to your school now. Or did she beg you to come home?

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by sleek82(m): 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,

you already have the solution to your problem....move to another state and see if she won't cook for herself or clean her surroundings when she is alone
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by MNDY(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
bobbybrown007:
Why bring something like this out in a public place, please next time don't do such again

This is a faceless forum and as such there is no disrespect or shaming whatsoever by the OP or from commenters by virtue of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by tbliss22(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,

Uncle this is so wrong..... You've got nothing to do than to manage the situation... Don't let her to curse you o
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by justice2010: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2021
esti98:
You are a stupid child. You said your father died when you were young.
Do you know what this woman went through to train all of you to this level. You think it is easy for a woman to single handedly trained children.
May be she has an illness that is making her to be weak, you don't care to know
It will be better for you to help your mother now that you are still available and single so that you won't regret your actions later.

You see why Nigerian's always get the kinda leaders they deserve, someone is asking for advice then you call her stupid. Can you love her mother more than she does or has she said she has refused to do what her mother has asked her to do. We all have flaws and its better to be told by a loved one rather than an outsider. Growing up i can count how many times my mother cooked for us, but my dad was more of a mom and parent to i and my siblings. He thought us including my sister how to cook, clean while still taking care of all the bills. I could remember when i was young my dad would shout at my mom and as the oldest i was 7 then i didn't know why until i got a little bit older. My mother would cook food for herself,ate already and be sleeping by the time my dad got back. He would noticed that i,my brother and my 8 month sister had not been fed by our mother. So there might be other things she has left out, so if you don't have a solution keep quiet and go to the crime section where you can find stupid people who committed stupid crimes. If some people can reason like you then why buhari no go block him ears.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by smallvill(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,

My mum can not walk or do anything because she has been sick for over a year now, everything has to be done for her including going to the toilet. be grateful your mum is well but just lazy, I will give anything for a lazy mum right now.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by Odera2016: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
tife4eva:
Hello,

and when she's dead and gone, you would wish for a moment that she can come back and have you do all those things for her and more
Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by mysticgal(f): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
Some people are plain stupiid. She’s lazy but trained y’all. May your type born or unborn be wasted during the act of masturrbation.

Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do About My Mother by RenaissanceGuy: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2021
ITbomb:
One day you will remember her and wish she was there for you to be rubbing her legs all day
Cheap emotional blackmail. It doesn't change the fact that she's currently not comfortable with her behaviour.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / Share Your Child Birth Experience / Kokozaria And Wife, Oyinda Lose Their Conjoined Twins At Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.