Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. (24020 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nice2023(m): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2023
I don't think some men here would take this,there is a growing trend among Nigerian men of today.

And that trend is lazying around,leaving all serious domestic responsibilities for women to carry. Go to every streets in Nigeria now,u will see men,I mean married men doing virtually nothing and feeling good about their new found life,that is,not working and not earning any form of income and wouldn't like to learn any form of trade.

The agonising part is that,they now rely on what the woman or their wives rake in just to survive. Many women especially the married ones are now competing with young girls in having boyfriends all around just for the money to take care of one lazy bunch at home.

Men,rise up to the occasion and stop killing your wives with over work and help them to grow and make them better wives devoid of infidelity. It is ur actions that is pushing ur wives outside.

Stop wasting the little u have on betnaija shops and expect nothing back because u are simply wasting away.

Some of u here may not find this one easy but that is the truth.

101 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by NoToPile: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2023
This table you are shaking.

Lots of irresponsible men around these days

Anyway there are still responsible men though.

Let ladies shine their eyes.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by DamnnNiggarr: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2023
shocked

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

just say you're worried that married women are now snatching all the available boyfriends🥴🥴

or that the sugar daddy business is no longer a lucrative business 🤠🤠🤠

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nice2023(m): 8:16am On Jun 12, 2023
NoToPile:
This table you are shaking.

Lots of irresponsible men around these days

Anyway there are still responsible men though.

Let ladies shine their eyes.

The matter is a serious something one shouldnt play with.

Apart from men who are sick,some men now rely solely on their women for survival in almost everything.

Terrible.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 12, 2023
So many irresponsible men these days, roaming the streets breeding kids they can't take care of, then push all responsibilities to their wives, instead they prefer to sit around and wait for money to come to them, hell even the old men that are suppose to be a source of inspiration and mentor, are not helping matters, look at the country today, it's really sad.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

just say you're worried that married women are now snatching all the available boyfriends🥴🥴

or that the sugar daddy business is no longer a lucrative business 🤠🤠🤠

It's your lack of comprehension skills for me, how you are able twist a growing concern to attacking the Op for pointing out the basic truth cannot be good for your brain.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nice2023(m): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:

It's your lack of comprehension skills for me, how you are able twist a growing concern to attacking the Op for pointing out the basic truth cannot be good for your brain.

Immediately I checked her profile,I just refused to reply her.
When they become too religious,they tend to lack sense and decorum.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 12, 2023
Nice2023:

Immediately I checked her profile,I just refused to reply her.
When they become too religious,they tend to lack sense and decorum.

That's a man, unfortunately, a married man, so I won't be surprised he fits your narrative that's why he attacked you.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by ibechris(m): 9:00am On Jun 12, 2023
Especially married men.

Go to joints,they are everywhere and some go home after drinking to stupor and wait for their women to feed them.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by DamnnNiggarr: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:

How is that my business?

Ladies, roll with hardworking and responsible guys during your courtships, they say No, instead like moving about with hooligans, chewing gum boys and fuckboys whose only ambition in life is get little money from God-knows-where, buy the latest clothes in the market without minding what the future holds.

Men being lazy does not magically begins from old age, it starts from the youthful days, and I'm sure the wives didn't get to know their husbands from older age, and I'm also sure that they must have seen the red flag and signs of laziness from the very beginning during courtship and dating, but chose to ignore due to useless love that blinded their eyes.

This was the same reason why I didn't marry from my state. I lost both parents (may their souls continue resting in the bosom of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen) at a very tender age, and as such, didn't have the time to look fresh like other guys because, I devoted all my time building myself and hustling to survive, raising funds for my tuition fees at Unizik.

There's this lady from my state that I would have married in those days, but guess what; she said I was too local for her liking. She started rolling with big boys in the hood and luckily for her, she ended up with one, they got married, I became devastated because I loved her as at that time, it also delayed my chances of getting married for a very long time. After about 4years into their marriage, the husband was traveling from portharcourt to somewhere in Abuja to deliver a consignment but nabbed by the NDLEA and consequently arrested by the agency. He was charged and jailed, but because he had strong legal backups, he was given a lighter sentence. He served for not up to 1 year and was out of the jail. Because he doesn't have any handwork, he isn't educated, in short, he doesn't have any humanly possible skills to start a new life after being released from the prison and his properties confiscated, he started roaming around the city, drinking excessive alcohol, spending time in lotto centers and betting centers while she caters for the wellbeing of the family and payment of bill.

One day, she became fed up and said enough is enough. she filed for a divorce and it was granted. She disappeared with her kids.

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 12, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

How is that my business?

Ladies, roll with hardworking guys during your courtships, they say No, instead like moving about with hooligans, chewing gum boys and fuckboys whose only ambition in life is get little money from God-knows-where, buy the latest clothes in market without minding what the future holds.

Men being lazy does not magically begins from old age, it starts from the youthful days, and I'm sure the wives didn't get to know their husbands from older age, and I'm also sure that they must have seen the red flag and signs of laziness from the very beginning during courtship and dating, but chose to ignore due to useless love that blinded their eyes.

This was the same reason why I didn't marry from my state. I lost both parents (may their souls continue resting in the bosom of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen) at a very tender age, and as such, didn't have the time to look fresh like other guys because, I devoted all my time building myself and hustling to survive, raising funds for my tuition fees at Unizik.

There's this lady from my state that I would have married in those days, but guess what; she said I was too local for her liking. She started rolling with big boys in the hood and luckily for her, she ended up with one, they got married, I became devastated because I loved her as at that time, it also delayed my chances of getting married for a very long time. After about 4years into their marriage, the husband was traveling from portharcourt to somewhere in Abuja to deliver a consignment but nabbed by the NDLEA and consequently arrested by the agency. He was charged and jailed, but because he had strong legal backups, he was given a lighter sentence. He served for not up to 1 year and was out of the jail. Because he doesn't have any handwork, he isn't educated, in short, he doesn't have any humanly possible skills to start a new life after being released from the prison and his properties confiscated, he started roaming around the city, drinking excessive alcohol, spending time in lotto centers and betting centers while she caters for the wellbeing of the family and payment of bill.

One day, she became fed up and said enough is enough. she filed for a divorce and it was granted. She disappeared with her kids.

1) You see, it wasn't so hard to respond to the thread instead of attacking the Op personally

2) It's always amazing how nairaland guys always directly or indirectly blame women for their choice of spouse, then prove their points on one sided beliefs,

3) Now, according to you, women marry lowlifers because they were blinded by love and bad choices, what of women who married the good ones that had jobs before getting married, lost it after getting married, and refused to do anything after that, they become lazy and dependent on their wives for survival and family responsibilities, because there are so many men like that these days roaming the streets doing nothing, how exactly is it the wives fault in these situations and what made the men choose laziness instead of being productive and bread winners?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by talented321: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2023
It is a known fact many men don't want to work, but blame the government for their own laziness. The same way some ladies are lazy and entitled
Jovialjune1:
So many irresponsible men these days, roaming the streets breeding kids they can't take care of, then push all responsibilities to their wives, instead they prefer to sit around and wait for money to come to them, hell even the old men that is suppose to be a source of inspiration and mentor, are not helping matters, look at the country today, it's really sad.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Klass99(f): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2023

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by VTJN(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2023
ibechris:
Especially married men.

Go to joints,they are everywhere and some go home after drinking to stupor and wait for their women to feed them.
even the young boys. You see those Yahoo guys will be worst than this present crop of Men

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by DamnnNiggarr: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:

1) You see, it wasn't so hard to respond to the thread instead of attacking the Op personally

2) It's always amazing how nairaland guys always directly or indirectly blame women for their choice of spouse, then prove their points on one sided beliefs,

3) Now, according to you, women marry lowlifers because they were blinded by love and bad choices, what of women who married the good ones that had jobs before getting married, lost it after getting married, and refused to do anything after that, they become lazy and dependent on their wives for survival and family responsibilities, because there are so many men like that these days roaming the streets doing nothing, how exactly is it the wives fault in these situations and what made the men choose laziness instead of being productive and bread winners?

1. I wasn't attaching her though, but I was just cracking up some jokes, reason for the laughing emojis, but it seems the joke was a bit expensive reason you ladies misunderstood my initial intent. Are you married? if no, just know it that joking sometimes also makes marriage beautiful. I joke to high heavens with my wife. Sometimes, I'll jokingly tell her that, because I'm the most handsome, responsible and hard-working man on earth are her reasons for abandoning her old friends and never wanting to let go off me.
She'll also respond by jokingly telling me that because all other women rejected me because I'm not handsome, that's the reason why I don't want to let go off her, and life goes on and on.

2. Women should be blame for their choice of spouse because, during courtship, the lady gets to know the kind of man she's going to spend the rest of her life with. She has every opportunity to know and put to test everything about the man such as
i. Emotional Maturity;
Every person comes equipped with flaws and emotional baggage. Seeking perfection is an idle search. Instead, what you should look for in a partner is emotional maturity. This means someone who is willing to think and learn about themselves, who is open to reflecting on the past and evolving in the present. This certain someone should be non-reactive, in the sense that they think before they act.

ii. Openness:-
Along with emotional maturity, one of the things to look for in a partner is an openness to feedback.

iii. Honesty:-
While deception is generally frowned upon, lying is sadly common in many relationships. Some couples believe they need lies to survive, yet research shows that lying less is linked to better relationships.

iv. Respectful and Sensitive
v. Independent
vi. Empathetic
vii Physically Affectionate
viii. Funny:-
My little advice; run away from someone who doesn't makes you happy and makes you laugh, who also lacks sense of humor

3. In this last paragraph, I have nothing to say, other than stick to someone who possesses a skill or skills, someone that has a hand work, skilled labourers. The type of men that fall in the category you're trying to describe are salary earners, especially bankers. they don't possess any skill or handwork, reason they become miserable after being laid off or disengage from their work.

I doubt these present day ladies would look the way of that dirty mechanic guy down the street. But would jump on their feet at the sight of an unskilled banker

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Evestar200(f): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2023
Most of the acclaimed Redpillers and Alpha Males will avoid this thread. grin grin

Most men are now Gold Diggers, later they will come here and bash women that women are Gold diggers not knowing their gender has taken Gold digging job from females.

With the way Yahoo is going, I pity most women that are marrying Yahoo boys, When Yahoo no longer pays they will suffer for it because those Yahoo boys are not ready to work and most are not investing.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Jman06(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

How is that my business?

Ladies, roll with hardworking and responsible guys during your courtships, they say No, instead like moving about with hooligans, chewing gum boys and fuckboys whose only ambition in life is get little money from God-knows-where, buy the latest clothes in the market without minding what the future holds.

Don't mind those confused beings!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by DamnnNiggarr: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2023
VTJN:
even the young boys. You see those Yahoo guys will be worst than this present crop of Men
Thank you VTJN

This is what I'm trying to let jovialjune1 understand.

I'm sure that these Yahoo guys have ladies that are tripping for them now. I'm also sure that these so called Yahoo boys( I dislike them with everything I have) have girlfriends who give no f*ck about responsible and hard-working guys, the red flags are there now but they'll just choose to ignore, but would come to the internet space tomorrow to disturb us of how their husbands are becoming lazy and irresponsible, because their husbands have soiled their body and soul with easy money, and as such, allergic to working hard to make both ends meet.

try calling these girls to order or try giving them advice as an elderly person, about building a long lasting and fulfilling future with hardworking and responsible guys, and the needs to stay off bad boys; and see how they will tag you old cargo or enemy of progress or their happiness, like the one currently living in my hood here in Awka. They'll even go as far as revealing the advice you gave them to their Yahoo Yahoo or cultist boyfriends, thereby putting your life at risk.

as for men being lazy, parents should instill the art of working hard( inclusive of academics etc), independence, responsibility, diligence etc into their children from a very tender age.

A man who started working very hard from tender age can never deviate from his ways even in old age.( Proverbs 22:6)

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by DamnnNiggarr: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2023
Men being lazy in this present time, is what King Solomon saw over 3000 years ago when he wrote the book of Proverbs 22 vs 6
Raise your children in the way they should go; Even when they're all old, they'll not depart from it
It is a warning to parents that if they allow their children to have their own way, they will not depart from that foolishness when they are older.

You'll see a New generation mother getting mad at someone because the person corrected her son.

The lingering menace of laziness among Men is as a result of how parents raised their sons. this issue of laziness tends to be more prevalent among men that were raised by single mothers. They made the children believe that they're not into this world to suffer, forgetting that life is not always bed of roses, that shit may happen. They also forget that the young and innocent boy child will one day become a man to fend for his family.

The menace of laziness among Men will linger if we don't desist from copying the white people's style of training their children.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by RightToReject(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
Truly, people will always be a product of their enclave, especially when they are inherently myopic and daft in general. People like you and your likes are so myopic that you can't afford to understand that the world does not revolve around you and your respective enclaves that produce the alleged multitude of lazy, irresponsible, and unresourceful men that you have become accustomed to. It is also this same myopia that has made it impossible for all of you in this dance of shame to see that the prevalence of the multitude of lazy, irresponsible, and unresourceful men in your enclaves is not a national problem but simply your enclave problem.

It is unfortunate that you myopic elements might never have the privilege to live and work in the numerous enclaves where laziness and failure are not options for men - and women alike - thus, will die with this same myopic worldview and daftness in general. Quite pathetic.

People from unprogressive enclaves and daftness are inseparable.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by UnconventionalT: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is what happens when we live in a society that rewards irresponsible men. There's a married lady here I know that her husband has left virtually all the financial responsibility on top of her head. She works a lot of shift to make up for the bills.
The day her eyes will open now, the man will lament how he brought her abroad.
It is on this same nairaland that a man came to talk about marrying a woman raised by her single mum and her step dad, and a lot of men encouraged him to look for the irresponsible dad that left this woman alone to raise her child by herself.
I wonder if these men live in so much delusion that reality is now a joke to them. We're they implying that there aren't men that actually 100% leave a child for the mum to cater for alone? The saving grace of many of them is marriages, where the wife can make up for a lot of their irresponsibilities.
No man that didn't raise his child should wait till 20+ years later for that child to look for him for a blessing that doesn't make sense. Sperm doesn't come with the ability to be a dad. Being responsible for your child does.
If you show a man you can go 10 miles financially in marriage, he will leave you to walk much more till you're worn out.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by UnconventionalT: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
Men being lazy in this present time, is what King Solomon saw over 3000 years ago when he wrote the book of Proverbs 22 vs 6

It is a warning to parents that if they allow their children to have their own way, they will not depart from that foolishness when they are older.

You'll see a New generation mother getting mad at someone because the person corrected her son.

The lingering menace of laziness among Men is as a result of how parents raised their sons. this issue of laziness tends to be more prevalent among men that were raised by single mothers. They made the children believe that they're not into this world to suffer, forgetting that life is not always bed of roses, that shit may happen. They also forget that the young and innocent boy child will one day become a man to fend for his family.

The menace of laziness among Men will linger if we don't desist from copying the white people's style of training their children.
I can't make sense of this. There are lots of irresponsible men from way back. My dad was raised in the 1930s, yet even in marriage then his mum was responsible for him mostly.
My dad was basically raised alone by his mum yet he was a responsible husband and dad until his death. It takes a lot of intentionality to be responsible wives and husbands, mothers and fathers too.
The Bible says "as it was in the beginning, it is now and forever shall be, world without end..."
This has nothing to do with modernity or influence of the whites. Men blame everyone but themselves

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Magnoliaa(f): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
I would love to live in this world where y'all are seeing lazy and unproductive people about sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Karlifate: 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
Young men NEED strong father figures.

If you are (or are going to be) a father, you need to lead as a good example.

Share your opinions openly and teach your son how the real world works.

Fathers must be opinionated in front of their children.

Too many times, I see fathers too distant or shrug off their son's questions with an “I don't know.”

Distant or uninterested fathers lead young men to look for an alternative option to find the answers they are looking for: INTERNET SENSATIONS / MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

The brainwashing begins.

In 2023, in modern society: the importance of a [good] father cannot be overemphasized.

In summary:

Strong Fathers 🟰 Strong Children.

Strong Children 🟰 Strong Generations.

Weak Fathers 🟰 Weak Children
**(We are here)**

Weak Children 🟰 Weak Generation.

Selah! 😎

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Mindlog: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

You blamed new generation mothers, you blamed single mothers, you blamed the Caucasians but not a single mention of African fathers nor uncles who are supposed to be models and mentors to these young boys in their formation but no, others must be blamed.

Look around you, how many men are you seeing deliberately mentoring young boys to turn out better in life?

By the way, Africans have over the centuries had lazy people in their communities and so don't blame the "white people" who have better working system because they are not lazy. Chinua Achebe in his "Things fall apart" presented Unoka, Okonkwo's father as a very lazy man.

Here is a character analysis of Unoka...
A tall, thin man with a slight stoop, Unoka was Okonkwo's father. He appeared "haggard and mournful . . . except when he was drinking or playing his flute." His favorite time of year was after the harvest when he joined with village musicians to make music and feast; Unoka's priority was to enjoy life to the fullest. An excellent flutist, he was happy and peaceful when he was playing his flute, in spite of the sorrow and grief that was evident in his music.

Unoka lacked responsibility. He was poor, lazy, and neglectful of his wife, and he did not plan for the future. During his life, he never took a title and, therefore, never gained status or respect from the villagers. Instead, they called him a loafer, and he was the laughingstock of the community. Whenever he managed to get his hands on money, "he immediately bought gourds of palm-wine." Unoka was a debtor and a failure. Also a coward, he never became a warrior — wars made him unhappy because he couldn't stand the sight of blood.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Don't forget to add 'golddiggers' to the list. Men are now turning it into an occupation.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Umueme: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
Haaa

What kind of topic is this? I didn't read the body though. But assuming men are lazy and unproductive? Come on. If the world were to get ridden of all men this night, the remaining Earth's population will die out due to reduced man power

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by Skiborobo(f): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by sofeo(m): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let's check it out.
Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by finallybusy: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
A stupid topic to create engagement in the forum, straight from the infantile minds of Nairaland members. Mscheew.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. by money121(m): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? / Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.