Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? (646 Views)

The Craziest Thing Your Partner Has Ever Asked You To Do? / Ladies, What Is The Most Annoying Question A Guy Has Ever Asked You? / Were you ever asked out by a Gay or lesbian, How Did You Handle It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Have you ever thought of this ? I'm an introvert and I find it very hard to make friends ( which also has it's own advantage ) so I started having this thoughts recently "What if i end up alone and lonely " I've never tried asking a girl out (due to lack of self confidence or shyness * I dont look bad though *) even though I've dated thrice ( through my best friend's help I get their number and text them since I cant even talk to them on call lol ) So I recently broke up .. I found out it could be hard to get another partner when I'm ready to date again.... does anyone else feel or behave this way .. or am I just built this way ?

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Ebubechuwku(m): 12:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Maybe replies from introverts will give answers to what's bothering you.

As for me, I mingle with people every now and then, sometimes I even wanna try to be alone, only my self, but piiiiiiiannnn in seconds, I don get someone to engage in with. But it's lovely to be around people, it makes you happy and thereby live longer....

Am an outdoor person generally. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by pansophist(m): 12:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Ending up alone is not a fault, but being lonely is actually a fault. When one is lonely, it basically means he is poor in his soul. Before the world becomes interesting to you, you must first be interested in yourself. If you're lonely while being single, you'll still be lonely when you're in a relationship.

A relationship is not an escape route out of loneliness, and it's a burden on your partner to expect them to service your loneliness. An healthy relationship is when two people who are doing fine alone, comes together and make their life even more interesting. It's like Davido featuring Chris brown. Both artist are doing fine without themselves, but can do better together.

Loneliness is poverty of the self. Solitude is richness of the self. Loneliness is to broke in the spirit, and being alone is to be rich inside.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by BlaqJosh: 12:58am On Dec 26, 2021
Fin babe way go dey warm your bed na

1 Like

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by DkJay: 3:04am On Dec 26, 2021
Long Note Alert!

Thinking about loneliness on Christmas evening. Hm.

I was about to type a really long note, but I realized some things. Pardon me if I'm wrong but I have two assumptions:

1. You're young, and not yet financially independent. If this is correct, then you should have higher priorities than attracting girls.

2. Second, you're not too comfortable with where you are, but you are not willing to stress yourself to get out of it. In other words, you want something for nothing.

If you have these problems, you know what you need to do to solve them.

Back to your question, you don't need to be an extrovert in other to enjoy the company of beautiful girls. There are a lot of things within your control that you can do to change the situation.

>> Dress good. This would give you a confidence boost like a drug addict gets super high on cocaine
>> Get busy. Be a problem solver. This is the attraction part of getting female companionship. It's not all about chasing. You need to make them come to you too.
>> You need to go out. You can't avoid this. You cannot catch fish in the forest. You need to go to where your prospects are. Go to the river to find some fish.

I'm not saying you need to become Mr. Sociable. Just move out of your environment once in a while--church is a good place to start if you're having doubts. See a friend. See a movie.

Lots of other things you can do, but these should help you get started.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 26, 2021
pansophist:
Ending up alone is not a fault, but being lonely is actually a fault. When one is lonely, it basically means he is poor in his soul. Before the world becomes interesting to you, you must first be interested in yourself. If you're lonely while being single, you'll still be lonely when you're in a relationship.

A relationship is not an escape route out of loneliness, and it's a burden on your partner to expect them to service your loneliness. An healthy relationship is when two people who are doing fine alone, comes together and make their life even more interesting. It's like Davido featuring Chris brown. Both artist are doing fine without themselves, but can do better together.

Loneliness is poverty of the self. Solitude is richness of the self. Loneliness is to broke in the spirit, and being alone is to be rich inside.

You have a point there. But i think no matter how comfortable you are with being alone you'll still miss having a partner if you actually end up alone
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 26, 2021
BlaqJosh:
Fin babe way go dey warm your bed na

At the moment I no dey interested in anybody and I dont want to attract anyone too .. just want to focus on achieving some things .. I'm talking about later smiley
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 26, 2021
DkJay:
Long Note Alert!

Thinking about loneliness on Christmas evening. Hm.

I was about to type a really long note, but I realized some things. Pardon me if I'm wrong but I have two assumptions:

1. You're young, and not yet financially independent. If this is correct, then you should have higher priorities than attracting girls.

2. Second, you're not too comfortable with where you are, but you are not willing to stress yourself to get out of it. In other words, you want something for nothing.

If you have these problems, you know what you need to do to solve them.

Back to your question, you don't need to be an extrovert in other to enjoy the company of beautiful girls. There are a lot of things within your control that you can do to change the situation.

>> Dress good. This would give you a confidence boost like a drug addict gets super high on cocaine
>> Get busy. Be a problem solver. This is the attraction part of getting female companionship. It's not all about chasing. You need to make them come to you too.
>> You need to go out. You can't avoid this. You cannot catch fish in the forest. You need to go to where your prospects are. Go to the river to find some fish.

I'm not saying you need to become Mr. Sociable. Just move out of your environment once in a while--church is a good place to start if you're having doubts. See a friend. See a movie.

Lots of other things you can do, but these should help you get started.

Good luck.

1: correct I'm still young .. and I wasnt talking about now .. cause I intend to achieve some goals for the next few years so I'm actually comfortable with being alone.. the question Is what if I eventually end up alone .. but I guess I have to leave that for time

2: lol I'm very comfortable at home . Whenever I'm out I'm never comfortable. .. well I'll try change that perspective
Funny enough I actually have a good sense of humor I can easily cheer up my roomies or my few friends when I need to even myself lol I tell myself a joke and laugh at the joke grin
Thanks for the advice too wink

1 Like

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Stargurl20(f): 5:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Same here though. And even though being alone is better than being with a horrible person, I still do not wanna be alone for I know there are still good men out there. Although they're few.

1 Like

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2021
redstaarx:
Have you ever thought of this ? I'm an introvert and I find it very hard to make friends ( which also has it's own advantage ) so I started having this thoughts recently "What if i end up alone and lonely " I've never tried asking a girl out (due to lack of self confidence or shyness * I dont look bad though *) even though I've dated thrice ( through my best friend's help I get their number and text them since I cant even talk to them on call lol ) So I recently broke up .. I found out it could be hard to get another partner when I'm ready to date again.... does anyone else feel or behave this way .. or am I just built this way ?
I don't think introverts are scared of being alone..there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely..you might not be an introvert you just have to work on your self confidence..if you really feel that urge to relate with people always then you might not be an introvert just your confidence..
I see no reason why you should be bothered about people..dating and the rest.. people stresses ** out..**feel like talking to people makes no meaning..learn to stay alone always that's the best thing ever.. relating with people is too tiring..stop thinking about people..
Live your life alone and distance yourself from people..
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2021
Stargurl20:
Same here though. And even though being alone is better than being with a horrible person, I still do not wanna be alone for I know there are still good men out there. Although they're few.
Stay alone and stop thinking about people..
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Alcapone001:

I don't think introverts are scared of being alone..there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely..you might not be an introvert you just have to work on your self confidence..if you really feel that urge to relate with people always then you might not be an introvert just your confidence..
I see no reason why you should be bothered about people..dating and the rest.. people stresses ** out..**feel like talking to people makes no meaning..learn to stay alone always that's the best thing ever.. relating with people is too tiring..stop thinking about people..
Live your life alone and distance yourself from people..

At a certain point in time. . You'll need someone
Humans were meant to coexist
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2021
redstaarx:

At a certain point in time. . You'll need someone
Humans were meant to coexist
For sure you will..

1 Like

Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Stargurl20(f): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2021
Alcapone001:

Stay alone and stop thinking about people..
Not as easy as u think.
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2021
Stargurl20:

Not as easy as u think.
I understand but you just gotta make up your mind..
Re: Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? by pansophist(m): 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
redstaarx:

You have a point there. But i think no matter how comfortable you are with being alone you'll still miss having a partner if you actually end up alone

True, but my point is that not having a partner should not be a reason why one will not have a fulfilled life. I miss not having Rihanna in my bed, but I'm very well satisfied with my life without her grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Men Only: Exercises That Make You Last Longer On Bed / 5 Major Motive You Should Consider Dating An Igbo Man / What Would Be Your Number 1 Rule?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.