Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC (12390 Views)

Roads: We Have N431 Billion Ready For Collection, Umahi Tells Contractors / Roads Constructed Under Tinubu Will Last Minimum 6 Years – Umahi / I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by ayindejimmy(m): 9:49am On Dec 27, 2021
JaroMan:

Moghalu you never knew is the one I'm referring not the CBN dep gov.
You all agreed that South East is inconsequential in number ofvotes. Why not choose this person from South East and use the South West and northern votes to put him in power?
How can inconsequential zone determine the winner of election now?
Lemme break it down
SE 1000 voters
SW 2000 voters
SS 1500 voters
North 5000 voters
APC give South East ticket
PDP give South East ticket
Since SW love APC and want to see APC in Aso Rock, vote for APC candidate from South East.
The north do the same. That gives you 7000 votes against 2500 of SE and SS for PDP candidate.
In fact, this president from South East will be eternally loyal to SW and north because they actually made him president and not his Igbo tribe.
How is this so difficult?
I'm beginning to see it's not the love for APC that is driving some of you in South West. It is greed and selfishness.

If Apc dares to choose their president from the East. Pdp go certainly go to the North.
And that will be the end.

The North can't vote any Easterner now. Igbos had made sure of that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by ayindejimmy(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Penguin2:

But Obasanjo was Yoruba regardless, wasn’t he?

There were only two candidates.

You people voted Obj to spite the west
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2021
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by StreetFight: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2021
This governor is MAD.

Igbos deserves the Presidential seat. There is no need to beg any tribe for it. Igbos are not beggars. Igbos are hustlers. But, it will not be given to them on a platter of gold. Igbos must bring out their candidates and mobilize and campaign for them. And the Presidency will be theirs. Don't sit down in your village and be criticizing Tinubu, telling us Tinubu is a thief. Presidency will not be zoned to your village. Presidency has never been zoned to any region. Alex Ekwueme and Abubakar Rimi and Emeka Ojukwu and Buhari contested with Obasanjo at different times, but Obsanjo defeated them through all means. So, If you don't come out and present your candidate, Yorubas will snatch the opportunity from you and you will cry blood.

Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Ijaw have all tried and the country has grown from bad to worse. It's now Igbos turn to try also.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by JaroMan: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2021
ayindejimmy:

If Apc dares to choose their president from the East. Pdp go certainly go to the North.
And that will be the end.

The North can't vote any Easterner now. Igbos had made sure of that.
So what happened to the love of the party? So everyone is after their tribe and region but that of South East is sin?
Anyway, our target is PDP and APC to have candidates from the East.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by pquaver(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2021
contigiency:

You are a shameless liar. Umahi never told you that APC zoned it’s ticket to the southeast. Please check your facts before you post anything. In case you want to know, he said he was leaving PDP to APC as a protest because for all the support PDP has gotten from the southeast for many years, yet, PDP never deemed it necessary to consider giving it’s ticket to anyone from the region.

You dey mind am.. He has no balls to tell pdp that in the face so he looked for how to shift blame to apc. Na dia way.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by ayindejimmy(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2021
People in the both only vote tribe and religion. In fact, most Nigerians.

The plan to have an Igbo candidate ought to have commenced in 2017 but the West put all their eggs in one basket.

JaroMan:

So what happened to the love of the party? So everyone is after their tribe and region but that of South East is sin?
Anyway, our target is PDP and APC to have candidates from the East.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by pquaver(m): 10:08am On Dec 27, 2021
Vistra40:

Why are you being such an hypocrite? This is the same man many of you praise for doing so well I’m his state. So why attack him for what he said? Fake admiration everywhere

What do u expect? Once well doing igbo leave pdp and enter apc, our people will start to desparage them irrespective of their achievements.. So when the igbos disparage dis people what do u want outsiders to do? It not their fault talk to ndigbo who play politics of bitterness and hatred... Look at Amaechi, akpbabio, umahi please which one has not been called names and insulted for being in apc?

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by Indispensable85(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2021
The South East should be appealing to the PDP.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by InHeaven(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2021
Mynd44 mukina2 OAM4J lalasticlala seun Dominique
Please dock this guy, this is violation of rule 2
caracas:

You're very dumb
So the word's of a single individual is now the opinion of over 70 million Igbo's?
Walahi sense is really far from you

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by rickyrex(m): 10:12am On Dec 27, 2021
ayindejimmy:

In 1999, who else would Igbos have voted?

All the candidates are Yorubas.
But Obj was not the choice of Yorubas but Igbos deliberately voted him.
so Yoruba now has the soul right to tell Nigerians who dey should vote for. Come no be anywhere Belle face politics wey Lagos dey play u want a whole Nigerians including igbos to place. Nigeria is not Lagos where tinubu point at someone and others follow. What you guys saw in other candidates in 1999 Nigerians and igbos didn't see it... I still do not regret voting in obj and will do so anytime cause he was fair and better than buhari as ex military president
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:13am On Dec 27, 2021
Politics is not about begging per se and it is not about saying give the presidency to the SE.
It is about an interested aspirant throwing his hat in the ring and forming mutually beneficial alliances with other like minds. This is what Buhari noted later and that is why he could dislodge PDP/GEJ. You can not insult and belittle political heavyweights to win in their strongholds. Alliances are important, it is called political machine. The political machine is why I feel that even Osibanjo is inferior to Tinubu. Tinubu political machine pushed Osibanjo to VP position, so anyone who is supporting Osibanjo for the sole reason of trying to destroy Tinubu is fighting an uphill battle. At least, in the SW grassroots, Tinubu is the capone. Osibanjo has no real base.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by rickyrex(m): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2021
ayindejimmy:

Oh yes he did.

To the point the Yoruba Obas had to visit him.
because GEj did not money bag them same way tinubu money bags all the obas in Lagos. Can't you see that the gods have long left the palace of the obas.... Else I don't see why one will steal oba staff of office and still remain alive till today
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by pquaver(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2021
emperor863:

Never ever compare the Yorubas with Igbos. Never again in your life. The two tribes are not the same. Each of them operates on different levels. While one is intelligent and suave the other believes in chest beating and doing gra gra. Of course, we all see the unfolding results.

On the current thread;

I really pity the Igbos in Nigeria. They have been reduced to beggars in an association where they should be the balancing factor. Greed and acute hatred
and mercantilist politics are the major banes of the Igbos.

They should go back home and restrategize, strengthen the APGA and use it as a bargaining platform to seek relevance in national politics. If they do not heed this advice, the Bagudus, Sarakis, Atikus, Bunis, Badarus and the political neophyte from Ekiti, Fayemi et all will continue to toy with their political emotions.

You have said it all. But will they listen? They will only insult and call names instead of seating down and processing the advice. I tire for my people I swear down.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2021
rickyrex:
so Yoruba now has the soul right to tell Nigerians who dey should vote for. Come no be anywhere Belle face politics wey Lagos dey play u want a whole Nigerians including igbos to place. Nigeria is not Lagos where tinubu point at someone and others follow. What you guys saw in other candidates in 1999 Nigerians and igbos didn't see it... I still do not regret voting in obj and will do so anytime cause he was fair and better than buhari as ex military president
The Igbo political machine is not sufficiently matured enough yet. Your politicians need to realize that politics is not always only about destroying your competition. Mostly, you form alliances. Tinubu and Buhari political family had to come together in 2015 to win. Years before, that alliances would be unpredictable. Umahi needs to do the needful, if he needs help, he first needs to help. Support Tinubu now and see wonders in future. That is politics. You don't beg, you strategize and join the most formidable political force to win.

Buhari did it to become president or else he would still be crying now. It was a meagre 3 million vote margin in 2015. I am sure Umahi knows what to do.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by pquaver(m): 10:20am On Dec 27, 2021
Blaze14k:

They can contest for president but what i believe they are asking for is ticket from pdp or apc. Already tinubu and osibanjo is dragging for apc ticket then the likes of atiku and co are fighting tooth and nail for pdp ticket. So theres no chance for igbos
No chance is a party the have dedicated 16years to? And after telling them no chance the will rather die than support apc but want apc to give them tickets? Nwunne check am na? O ba nyere? MBA nu nkeaa abyere ru cha-cha !!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by rickyrex(m): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2021
dokxavi:
The Igbo political machine is not sufficiently matured enough yet. Your politicians need to realize that politics is not always only about destroying your competition. Mostly, you form alliances. Tinubu and Buhari political family had to come together in 2015 to win. Years before, that alliances would be unpredictable. Umahi needs to do the needful, if he needs help, he first needs to help. Support Tinubu now and see wonders in future. That is politics.
I agree so much with this. But remember not everyone in the east will vote for Apc just as not everyone will vote for pdp come 2023. Tinubu also should not depend solely on the north feeling cause he represent the south therefore his vote is secured. He should extend his visit and lobby to the east. Not tomorrow if an hausa man lobby in the east and get favoured some people will start insulting the igbos. As you respect the north, respect the east cause their vote will also be a deciding factor. And if also tinubu did not get a full support from the east does not mean everyone in the east don't like him.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2021
Buhari had to practically be living in Tinubu's house in Lagos in 2015 to become president but Umahi thinks it is about talking down to people and emotional guilt trips.
We go see the results in 2023.
Make we just dey laugh. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by WillyDave: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2021
tamdun:

What is the contribution of those people u mentioned to apc? Their people won't vote for them and hates them simply because they are in apc, hope u still remember that apc got less than 5% in SE during the election, would u zone the presidency to such region, until those people make significant contribution to apc, nothing for South East

What was Obasanjo's contribution to PDP when the party gave him the Presidential ticket. Nothing. From prison to Presidency. Ekwueme, Solomon Lar and the likes of Atiku formed the party. How many Yorubas were in PDP and what were their contributions? All yoruba sons and daughters were in opposition, supporting Olu Falae and co. Am sure Obasanjo did not get up to 5 percent votes from his people, the Yorubas. The north and the South East/south made him president. His own people were against him even in his 2nd term.

And for your information, this is the first time the Yorubas are alligning with the ruling party. And this is the only time the Igbos are playing opposition politics. Awolowo was in opposition against the ruling party throughout his political days. The Yorubas were with him throughout playing opposition politics. Olu Falae and Tinubu have always been in opposition and the Yorubas have been following them. Just this once that the yorubas are alligning with the ruling party and the igbos choose to be in the opposition and we won't hear a word again. Just this once and the Yorubas now think that they are smarter and are politically wiser than the igbos. What happened to all those years the yorubas were in the opposition. So you were politically unwise those years? It is simply a matter of choice. The igbos do not like APC just like the Yorubas did not like NPN and PDP. In his speech Umahi said that Ebonyi is APC and I burst into laughter. How can? He will be shocked during elections. If he presents APC candidate as a governor in 2023, he will surely lose. What happened in Anambra will replicate itself in Ebonyi and Imo. Even in abia where the PDP has failed over the years, abians can never go with APC no matter who they present as candidate. Abians will rather go with apga. That is their choice. That is opposition politics. The Yorubas did it for years and heavens did not fall.

Just like the Yorubas played opposition politic for years and survived, the igbos will also survive. This I know. An average igbo man that I know does not care about who becomes d president. He does not give a hood if it is an igbo man or Yoruba man or huasa man. All he wants is a level playing ground to carry on with his hussles. He doesn't depend on govt to pay for his children's school fees or to pay for his hospital bills. He does not wait for government for anything. He does his things by himself.

As for those clamouring for the Presidency, it is nonsense to me. Since the inception of this country, of what benefit has the president been to his tribe or region. Igbo President, Yoruba president or huasa/Fulani president. Of what good? How did Obasanjo's presidency benefit the Yorubas if I may ask? How did Goodluck presidency benefit the ijaws and the South south? And how has Buhari's presidency benefited the hausa/fulanis and the North in general? In no way? At the moment, the entire north is bleeding. Everyday people are being kidnapped and killed in katsina, zamfara, sokoto and other states in the north. Yet their own, their son is the president. At the moment, many of them prefers Good luck presidency to Buhari's presidency. A lesson for all of us.

Until we stop this politic of my own, my region, my tribe, this country will never move forward. Until we stop this madness and elect people who are capable irrespective of where they come from, we will remain where we are.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2021
rickyrex:
I agree so much with this. But remember not everyone in the east will vote for Apc just as not everyone will vote for pdp come 2023. Tinubu also should not depend solely on the north feeling cause he represent the south therefore his vote is secured. He should extend his visit and lobby to the east. Not tomorrow if an hausa man lobby in the east and get favoured some people will start insulting the igbos. As you respect the north, respect the east cause their vote will also be a deciding factor. And if also tinubu did not get a full support from the east does not mean everyone in the east don't like him.
Tinubu is no baby politician like Umahi, he has infiltrated the SE already and I am sure his men are doing the jobs. Most doings of APC men in SE are decided.

I am pretty sure before that man will decide to run for president and if he decides to, all the winning calculations or even losing calculations would have been done already. In other spheres, this would be SWOT analysis in strategy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by Blaze14k: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2021
pquaver:

No chance is a party the have dedicated 16years to? And after telling them no chance the will rather die than support apc but want apc to give them tickets? Nwunne check am na? O ba nyere? MBA nu nkeaa abyere ru cha-cha !!!

My leave those ppl na to fight themselves dey sabi.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by abbasajao(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2021
JaroMan:

I know APC is a dying horse, but talking about 'reaping where you didn't sow':
where did Ngige sow?
Where did Rochas sow?
Where did Ogbonnaya Onuh sow?
Where did Moghalu sow?
Where did Imo state sow?
I can go on and on.
I'm waiting...

These people are unpopular and cannot influence decisions in National politics.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2021
Some of these political talk make me remember what Amosun and Okorocha tried to do to APC in SW and SE in 2019, they felt the full force of the venom and some are still feeling it. We are gearing up for 2023.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2021
Some of these political talk makes me remember what Amosun and Okorocha tried to do to APC in SW and SE in 2019, they felt the full force of the venom and some are still feeling it. We are gearing up for 2023.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by JaroMan: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2021
abbasajao:

These people are unpopular and cannot influence decisions in National politics.
They're popular in their zone. and not your zone.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by dokxavi: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2021
JaroMan:

They are popular in their zone but can not win their local government for their party because the people in SE have apathy towards the APC. You don't build your party around such personalities.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by Penguin2: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2021
tamdun:

U people had no choice, there was two yoruba candidate (obasanjo/Falae), u either vote for one of them or remain neutral

And that’s what’s gonna happen in 2023.

There’s gonna be 2 Igbos on the ballot of the major parties.

You either vote for one of them or you sit at home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by WillyDave: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
So ibos now have the right to contest in Amala and Ewedu party grin

Nobody is stopping any of them from contesting in the APC primary election.

But how many votes were this people able to get the APC in the South East in 2015? grin

How many votes did Obasanjo get from the Yorubas his own people when he was elected president in 1999? Did you people vote for him?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by abbasajao(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2021
JaroMan:

Did you see national there or you decided to display your illiteracy?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by WillyDave: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2021
dokxavi:
Tinubu is no baby politician like Umahi, he has infiltrated the SE already and I am sure his men are doing the jobs. Most doings of APC men in SE are decided.

I am pretty sure before that man will decide to run for president and if he decides to, all the winning calculations or even losing calculations would have been done already. In other spheres, this would be SWOT analysis in strategy.

Childish talk. Infiltration ko, infiltrated ni

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by Penguin2: 10:49am On Dec 27, 2021
dokxavi:

Did you say Tinubu infiltrated the southeast?

The most that can happen to Tinubu in Southeast is what happened to Andy Uba in Anambra.

He will buy big names who would blab of their endorsement of Tinubu while the Igbo people will standby and laugh.

Tell Tinubu to forget the southeast.

You see Osinbajo and Fashola, those people will get votes in the East if they contest but never Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Try South-East For 4 Years - Umahi Tells APC by Penguin2: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2021
WillyDave:

Childish talk. Infiltration ko, infiltrated ni

Omo! I just dey laugh the guy o.

Tinubu infiltrating Southeast of all places.

Well, like I told him, it would just be the kind of infiltration Andy Uba made in Anambra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! / Picture Of A Polling Unit In Kano In The Last Election / Tribunal Upholds Yahaya Bello's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.