Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

January Poultry Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / January Poultry Business (1138 Views)

Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? / How To Reduce Feeds Cost In Poultry Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

January Poultry Business by mansoor093(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello house, which Poultry birds can someone raise starting in January...my ideas are:

- Broilers 3-4 weeks program
- Noilers 3-4 weeks program
- Turkey (local breeding ), but no much capital for it

What do you think or wat can you advise...
Re: January Poultry Business by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Very good idea but ensure you do your due diligence and above all start from where you are.
I want to go in to goat and sheep rearing.
Re: January Poultry Business by Lakseg: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2021
Broiler is the easiest to rear and no millions of naira required to start it. At least you can start with little capital on ground
Re: January Poultry Business by kennethfranc(m): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2021
Take it from someone that have been there. Noilers might seem marketable on paper but reverse is the case.
Am sure you must have calculated your prospective bogus profit lol. This is completely possible with broilers but if you include noilers, it might not be rosy.
FC
By this time last yr, I was envisioning of becoming a millionaire or @least a reasonable thousands richer from raising broilers and Noiler but guess what, the noilers where just consuming the little profit from broilers.
Am actually going back to broilers (6weeks) since I can get 20k-25k per favored batch

I suggest you start with broilers then increase their number with time from 50-100-200 as the case maybe.
Of course what worked for Mr. A might not work for Mr. R ...So DD is adviced

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: January Poultry Business by mansoor093(m): 1:30am On Dec 28, 2021
kennethfranc:
Take it from someone that have been there. Noilers might seem marketable on paper but reverse is the case.
Am sure you must have calculated your prospective bogus profit lol. This is completely possible with broilers but if you include noilers, it might not be rosy.
FC
By this time last yr, I was envisioning of becoming a millionaire or @least a reasonable thousands richer from raising broilers and Noiler but guess what, the noilers where just consuming the little profit from broilers.
Am actually going back to broilers (6weeks) since I can get 20k-25k per favored batch

I suggest you start with broilers then increase their number with time from 50-100-200 as the case maybe.
Of course what worked for Mr. A might not work for Mr. R ...So DD is adviced

I appreciate your advice, I will go with Broilers now, probably 100 for now cos my neighbor are asking for 3 weeks, I wanted to do 200 initially but market is not too sure this January....I know market for 3-4weeks will commence by February for Easter festival...I can do 200 by February, knowing fully well people will buy more at the time

Thanks to everyone

1 Like

Re: January Poultry Business by Phoeberesources(f): 5:47am On Dec 28, 2021
Hybrid jumbo guava seedling are readily available for sale in large quantity

Orders yours now

Location Ibadan
( we offer easy transportation)

Follow us on our social media handle
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/semilore.olusanmi

https://www./640385153593149/?refshare
@semiloreolusanmi. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1j7t2vld8hrv5&utm_content=431zb3q

WhatsApp
https:///FuW4c8xWinI738kzHCRqIR

https:///IHgbiaIV50t70kIJrujrXC

Nairaland forum
https://www.nairaland.com/phoeberesources

Jiji
https:///create-opinion/user4455206

Chat us on

OTHER SEEDLINGS AVAILABLE ���
Dwarf Pawpaw, Date palm, Avocado pear, Grapevine, Stevia, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Local pear/Ube, Miracle fruit, Moringa,Passion fruit,Strawberry, Mango, Spinach,Kolanut,Bitter cola,Stevia,Plantain (cameroon,elephant)Banana (Cavendish), Gauva, Ugwu,
Tenera,Spinach,Irvingia ogbono/oro, Neem/DongoYaro,Almond, Aggbalumo/udara/cherry, Coconut, African Walnut,
Breadfruit,Jackfruit, Noni, Bell apple, Sugar apple, Wanbugu apple.....

SEEDS �����️���
Watermelon, Okra, Tomatoes, Pepper Onion, cabbage, Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber,rice, yam,Cassava,sunflower, flaxseed, sesame, alfalfa, jute, ewedu, garden egg, beans,soya beans, seedling nylon, seed tray, Insecticides, fertilizers…
Re: January Poultry Business by Redomi(m): 10:06am On Dec 28, 2021
Hello sir, I will advice you do both noiler and broiler. Both are profitable, I'm a farmer and I'm doing both, local turkey is good too.
But you need to consider feeding first, buyinng doc is not a big deal, but feeding them can make a farmer run loss.
For now, I'm doing noiler alone because they are easy to raise, I don't need drugs or vaccine to raise them, I use some herbs which doesn't cost me money, the only money I spend is on feeding, even heat, they don't need much heat like broiler and the demand is more than broiler, presently price of day old noiler is higher than that of broiler. People believe noiler are easy to raise, they don't die easily like broilers and they are less to contact disease like broilers.
Then local turkey is something I wish to go into this year, that thing can make you a millionaire if there is plan and there is money to buy feed
Re: January Poultry Business by todto: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2021
I will advice u to only rear broiler and turkeys, forget about noiler. Here in Enugu the market for noiler is very poor unless Is otherwise in ur area.

2 Likes

Re: January Poultry Business by Redomi(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Let me make research about his location, boiler is hotcake now, did you notice to sudden rise in price of noiler? Broiler is the best in terms of short period sales, but noiler can find food themselves if they are in free range
Re: January Poultry Business by mansoor093(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Redomi:
Let me make research about his location, boiler is hotcake now, did you notice to sudden rise in price of noiler? Broiler is the best in terms of short period sales, but noiler can find food themselves if they are in free range

My place fit for Broilers for now, my neighborhood are booking 3-4 weeks then raise on thier own for personal consumption...I will do Easter and Ramadan brooding afterwards...I think am on the right path... thanks a bunch
Re: January Poultry Business by abbeycial: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Good evening house, please permit me to lay an observation about one of my broilers which I slaughtered today.
It was healthy and all (it would be six weeks old next week) but I noticed black stone like substance in its gizzard.
please is this a potential hazard to my birds?

Re: January Poultry Business by MyChoice1: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
abbeycial:
Good evening house, please permit me to lay an observation about one of my broilers which I slaughtered today.
It was healthy and all (it would be six weeks old next week) but I noticed black stone like substance in its gizzard.
please is this a potential hazard to my birds?

It's not, that's what assists it in grinding the swallowed grains.

(1) (Reply)

A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) / Point Of Lay Snail Needed Urgently / Help! My Fishes Are Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.