Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations (43241 Views)

FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations / What Has Been Killing Businesses Over The Years And More To Come After COVID-19 / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by EndyEdesonNews(m): 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
Let them not try it
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by DispatcherLagos: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
chrisxxx:
This government like chasing shadows.
Why leave commercial banks that are giving loans at cut throat rates? In other countries interest rate is a single digit some close to zero. Here in Nigeria it is about 30%. This rate is what the loan sharks are leveraging upon. If the rate is reduced at commercial bank level every other similar business will adjust.
very on point

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by yusluvad(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

Imagine giving loans to pay back in 2weeks with 50% interest. That's not even a shark loan, that's a killer whale loan.
Lol. No be lie...

4 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by luscioustrish(f): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
Do something about why Nigerians have to keep borrowing from them instead undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by DispatcherLagos: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
Advocate500:
That is the only thing they are good at, shutdown this ,close down that. Without looking at the root cause, before the inception of this government, Nigerians are not familiar with loan companies,today the reverse is the case ,yet you are not seeing any reason to blame yourself? they said necessity is the mother of invention.
This government really enjoy seeing the poor masses suffer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Samylekey(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lol

It is well
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Yankee101: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2021
Good and bad

It should be regulated not shut down

They provide sharp sharp money banks don't want to give

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Godbless3(m): 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I expect the Government to prosecute instead of closing down.

By the time one or two is use as an example, the rest will adjust or close down

I swear, some of these idiots that borrow go to play store to report these apps and google act ignorantly be baning/removing the app from play store.
Fed govt. should be look into how to regulate and the app and make sure violators are held responsible.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Mrbenny001: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

Imagine giving loans to pay back in 2weeks with 50% interest. That's not even a shark loan, that's a killer whale loan.
if you see 2 weeks you're very lucky...most of them is 6 days..but they will write 7 days after 4 days they will start messaging your contact... terrible

7 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2021
Finally! Thank God!
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by ipobarethieves: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2021
angry so the borrowers are saints? Why go borrow when u knw that u’ll not pay back? The loans company dnt FORCE anybody to borrow money from dem

FG Dey encourages crimiNALS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Obimike30(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
ole ni everybody na who them catch be barawo
ipobarethieves:
angry so the borrowers are saints? Why go borrow when u knw that u’ll not pay back? The loans company dnt FORCE anybody to borrow money from dem

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by SUPERPACK: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
ipobarethieves:

Yahoo boys don't force their clients to pay them. Does it make it legal?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by DeWisedon(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

u wey see the terms and still went ahead to take the loan, dem blind ur eye.. make una relax joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Etiyeokwe: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lcredit comes to mind. Those guys are wolves sucking the blood of vulnerable Nigerians.

13 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Starz825(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
Shut down the need to patronize them instead
Abi ooo

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Ernchibyke(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

But nobody forced you to collect the loan.
You went to play store, same you downloaded the app, same you signed up, same you requested the loan and granted permission to your contact and same you agreed to 50% interest in 2weeks.

They are just doing business, stay away if you don't like the way they do business

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Remman(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
Crypto - una shutdown

USD exchange - una shutdown

Foreign Forex - una shutdown

Now small loans - una wan shutdown

Subsidy - una don already shutdown for una mind. E remain february 2022 to come.

How do you expect the economy to grow. This is one of the reasons why i may support Tinubu. He believes in free flow of money and he'll remove all this stupid fulani greedy bans.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by SUPERPACK: 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
luscioustrish:
Do something about why Nigerians have to keep borrowing from them instead undecided
You can never stop humans from borrowing. US citizens enjoy the best welfare packages but still highest borrowers in the world. To the extent that the country is has the highest debt ever. Borrowing is addictive and is more dangerous when loans are readily accessible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
Don't worry, we will do it illegally, if you need to borrow money, just pm me.

I can finance you up to a trillion dollars, but with a 95% interest rate (being considerate actually) and the longest loan term is 3 months, else you will spend the rest of your life working for me (I don't care if you die tomorrow after you start working, it's my money, my law).

If you agree to this term, just mention me. kiss
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by kinggSamuel(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
There is one called ajeloan if their text to me had a reply possibility i would have told them to avoid me. i dont know them, i never asked them for a loan and they sent me a text message saying 'you have received 30000 click this link to claim' who else has been contacted by these fraudsters.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Freerhyme1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
They should just sell this country to China, give us our own share let's go to another country

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by SUPERPACK: 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
Remman:
Crypto - una shutdown

USD exchange - una shutdown

Foreign Forex - una shutdown

Now small loans - una wan shutdown

Subsidy - una don already shutdown for una mind. E remain february 2022 to come.

How do you expect the economy to grow. This is one of the reasons why i may support Tinubu. He believes in free flow of money and he'll remove all this stupid fulani greedy bans.
They are not shutting down all, only those that don't meet regulatory permission. Any idiot can now create and upload a loan app to collect peoples credit card details to wipe their accounts.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by dingbang(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
I will never do any business that the Govt has control over to shut down at any point

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by samsard(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

Yeah, they're ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by ibechris(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
matrix199:
It's about time!

They did not give u the loans by force u went to them...there are other channels to seek for better loans but na una dey go look for wahala when dog dey sleep.
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by MartinCorridon: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
It's Nigerians that would complain eventually.

A lot of people are too irresponsible and dishonourable.

They NEVER keep to the terms & conditions.

Borrowing is easy for them...hard to pay back.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by SUPERPACK: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
dingbang:
I will never do any business that the Govt has control over to shut down at any point
Then be ready to create your own country grin grin
Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Olympiacos(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
Make I rush go collect loan from them since FG don close their company.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by Yasco73: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
chrisxxx:
This government like chasing shadows.
Why leave commercial banks that are giving loans at cut throat rates? In other countries interest rate is a single digit some close to zero. Here in Nigeria it is about 30%. This rate is what the loan sharks are leveraging upon. If the rate is reduced at commercial bank level every other similar business will adjust.
Good talk.

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Down Money Lending Businesses Over Violations by lexy2014: 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lovenorth:
Buhari don't joke with the right and interest of Nigerians

Is that so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos Of What A Young Man Does For A Living(Very Funny Photos) / Femi Otedola Congratulates Aliko Dangote On The Completion Of His Refinery. / What Robbers Did To A Nairalander's Sister's New Shop (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.