Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,639 members, 7,827,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise (2823 Views)

Sienna 2002, Good Engine Going For 1.7m / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Using Car Engine For Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Themi06: 3:04am On Dec 28, 2021
I drive a 2007 AWD matrix Please I'm confused and scared. My car oil light was on yesterday, i saw it in the morning after I left home i just check the engine guage and it was shows that there's still oil in the engine. I drove on. Now i got to ogun state from Lagos after driving on a 120 with ac on, when i got down from the car, the engine sound has changed. It's now giving one continuous "kakakakakakakakakaka" sound while running.

1 Please is that knocking sound??
2. What's the next step for me to do now??
3 i use mobil XHP oil.
4 I recently serviced the car although i didn't supervise the servicing

@GAZZUZZ and other please i need your advice

I don't know the next step to take
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by autologic: 3:21am On Dec 28, 2021
Themi06:
I drive a 2007 AWD matrix Please I'm confused and scared. My car oil light was on yesterday, i saw it in the morning after I left home i just check the engine guage and it was shows that there's still oil in the engine. I drove on. Now i got to ogun state from Lagos after driving on a 120 with ac on, when i got down from the car, the engine sound has changed. It's now giving one continuous "kakakakakakakakakaka" sound while running.

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

Since you already got a low oil warning sign but you disregarded then i am afraid you jst cause any irreparable damage to your engine.
That sound is indication of solid metal rubbing against one another without any oil protection.
Next thing is take it your mechanic for comprehensive assessment of the level of damage and also to see what is responsible for the low oil pressure issue probably you already have sludge issue with using a non recommend oil (XHP)
Unfortunately u jsut learn a new lesson tru the hard way .

7 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by ipobarethieves: 3:38am On Dec 28, 2021
sad take it back to mechanic workshop for thorough check not those trial by error ones

1 Like

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Dozieson(m): 4:16am On Dec 28, 2021
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

Hmmmmm. Why will you continue driving with oil light on?

That is knocking sound

Your engine my not remain the same again
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by adanny01(m): 4:35am On Dec 28, 2021
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

The engine oil light means you have low oil pressure, at that point you should have at least stopped using AC and drive much slower till you are safe to find help.

You probably worn out your crank shaft or bearings.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Praxtech: 5:13am On Dec 28, 2021
Themi06:
I drive a 2007 AWD matrix Please I'm confused and scared. My car oil light was on yesterday, i saw it in the morning after I left home i just check the engine guage and it was shows that there's still oil in the engine. I drove on. Now i got to ogun state from Lagos afte.r driving on a 120 with ac on, when i got down from the car, the engine sound has changed. It's now giving one continuous "kakakakakakakakakaka" sound while running.

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

New engine.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by dru23(m): 5:15am On Dec 28, 2021
adanny01:

The engine oil light means you have low oil pressure, at that point you should have at least stopped using AC and drive much slower till you are safe to find help.

You probably worn out your crank shaft or bearings.

On point .....
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by dru23(m): 5:16am On Dec 28, 2021
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

1. Mobil xhp is the wrong oil . you suppose to be using 5w30 . And if you are not buying the Mobil xhp from Mobil station or you just gave mechanic money to buy for you . Than more than likely you fake engine oil was bought for you ......

2. It sounds to me the sound u hearing is a knocking sound. You will need engine replacement, properly half engine. Getting a good engine is another task on its own .... Auto parts like engine are more expensive than ever..... Wish you the best of luck...

8 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Cokahot: 5:32am On Dec 28, 2021
Quickly check your spark plugs. Naso my own do,mechanic said diff ish. Check spark plugs 2st,if it's blown or not.
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Praxtech: 7:28am On Dec 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Quickly check your spark plugs. Naso my own do,mecha.nic said diff ish. Check spark plugs 2st,if it's blown or not.
Really? After showing oil pressure light it was bad spark plug?

1 Like

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Dozieson(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2021
Praxtech:

Really? After showing oil pressure light it was bad spark plug?

I weak too

1 Like

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by diportivo: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2021
this thread is lit

e get every possible clown there is grin

2 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by melviniyke2002(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Quickly check your spark plugs. Naso my own do,mechanic said diff ish. Check spark plugs 2st,if it's blown or not.
grin lol

1 Like

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by nymphomaniac(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Wetin concern Agbero with overload? Gazzuzz coman see

2 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Cokahot: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
It happened that my valve, something went wrong with it and oil also spilled to the plugs. Time to quickly go and buy my benz 4matic 2020 model. Ogun kill any body thr wey flag me down.
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by ehmmy11(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
This shows the dangers of buying naija use cars .. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by scottyoloye(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
I suppose Mobil XHP is has a grading of 20W50 which is still good for your car. What turned on the oil pressure indicator was either a faulty oil pump or a clogged filter. There might be dirt in your oil sump which in turn could have blocked the filter through which the oil flows. NOTE that it might not necessarily be the oil filter as there is another one that directly filters the oil from the oil sump.

As for the sound, you might be lucky and that’s if the damage is only to the crankshaft bearings, if not, you might need a new crankshaft and piston rings
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by musty489: 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

Confirm your oil pump is working, let them open the sump to check the metal on the crankshaft, then check your plugs. I might be a warning sound.
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by sheu01: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2021
autologic:

Since you already got a low oil warning sign but you disregarded then i am afraid you jst cause any irreparable damage to your engine.
That sound is indication of solid metal rubbing against one another without any oil protection.
Next thing is take it your mechanic for comprehensive assessment of the level of damage and also to see what is responsible for the low oil pressure issue probably you already have sludge issue with using a non recommend oil (XHP)
Unfortunately u jsut learn a new lesson tru the hard way .

Your engine is gone cos u cause this by urself, the issue u have with d car is a small issue, the oil is not pumping to where is suppose to go. Let your mechanic examine d car first.
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by cletz991(m): 10:27am On Dec 29, 2021
cool
Dorime for you
U saw the warning oil light instead of you to take it to a mechanic you use am travel.

Hope your pocket is deep sha
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by slimmoney(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Big boy way, that kakakakakaka u are hearing will give ur bank acct almost 300k setback. (u see oil light u no rush to mechanic, upon every every u still travel, cruising at 120 with Ac on)
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Hallenjay: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good day men and gazzuzu

Pls how else do one diagnose LOW OIL PRESSURE ON 2010 CORROLA.

Immediately you drive to some certain hours ,the low oil pressure will come on with a warning sound "pon pon".

It will be coming at intervals until you shutdown, den it won't come up until engine is on for some hours again.

NB : All the oil are new with filter and still very gaged. My kazeem said it's oil pump dat I will need to change and instead of doing that I should forego the engine and replace with a new one. I.e sell the engine at this stage and have it replaced.

His reason is that the pump changing is actually difficult and we may not found a compatible oil pump like, out of 10, it may be two that will work and this will only be confirmed after some hours drive again and the indications refuse to pop which means if we r doing so, we could b opening the engine everyday for 10 days just to get the compatible one. .
This is the dilemma I found my self and have tot to seek better solution from professionals here.

CC: Gazzuzu promax and everyone here.

My location is Riverstate for who can be of help physically.
Pls don mind my grammar.I just drop it d way e de pain me.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by cluewebhost(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
Una get mind o

If my check engine light comes on I don park motor

5 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Dozieson(m): 12:37am On Dec 30, 2021
Hallenjay:
Good day men and gazzuzu

Immediately you drive to some certain hours ,the low oil pressure will come on with a warning sound "pon pon".

It will be coming at intervals until you shutdown, den it won't come up until engine is on for some hours again.

NB : All the oil are new with filter and still very gaged. My kazeem said it's oil pump dat I will need to change and instead of doing that I should forego the engine and replace with a new one. I.e sell the engine at this stage and have it replaced.

His reason is that the pump changing is actually difficult and we may not found a compatible oil pump like, out of 10, it may be two that will work and this will only be confirmed after some hours drive again and the indications refuse to pop which means if we r doing so, we could b opening the engine everyday for 10 days just to get the compatible one. .
This is the dilemma I found my self and have tot to seek better solution from professionals here.

Look for a competent mechanic to help you get the original oil pump and you will be glad you did

3 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Cokahot: 7:10am On Dec 31, 2021
Damaged valve,cylinder head,engine parts. That car do go,engine gone

1 Like

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Elsueno: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2021
shocked

Seriously, I know currently engine oil is super expensive but how could someone take this kind of risk? Now instead of dishing out like 20k for repairs and Xhp refill, u Will be giving hundreds of thousands for a new engine.............well, look on d bright side, at least u learned something new

3 Likes

Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Blacklaurel: 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
This Op get mind o, you see low oil level light you still gather mind on A/c com cruise at 120km/h. That was an expensive journey, your pocket go feel am. The kakakakaka sound means goodbye in engine language.
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Themi06: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
Themi06:

3 i use mobil XHP oil.

When i started it the second day it's didn't make the sound again nor did the engine oil light come up
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Dozieson(m): 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
Themi06:

When i started it the second day it's didn't make the sound again nor did the engine oil light come up

Good news. Hope the car is running fine now
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by sandammy(m): 2:43am On Jan 02, 2022
Hallenjay:
Good day men and gazzuzu

Please seek experts advice. Your mechanic is a con artist
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Themi06: 4:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Dozieson:

Good news. Hope the car is running fine now

Working on it. It still needs some replacements
Re: Is My Car Engine Going To Knock? Kindly Advise by Praxtech: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2022
Themi06:

Working on it. It still needs so.me replacements
Which ones exactly?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 2021 Accord Is Not A Car,it's A Complete Animal! / Birthday Gift: Car gurus/Luxury car enthusiasts, GET IN HERE PLEASE! / Price For Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.