Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion (324 Views)

Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise / My Opinion On Broke Guys / “no Sex Till After Marriage, My Body Is Temple Of The Holy Spirit — Slay Queen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion by JimloveTM(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Good day,

I just want to share my opinion on why the younger generation should not give up on marriage.
Recently on social media and even on Nairaland, we see so many stories from husbands or wives complaining about their marriages.
We also hear about divorce here and there, and this has really painted marriage in a bad light.
A consequence of that is that you see responses and replies from young people saying they do not think they will ever get married, and personally I have a fear that these events and stories as they continue will eventually lead to the future generation adopting more of single parenthood than marriage.

Now, listen to this.
Beware of one-sided stories. What do I mean by this?
There are thousands of marriages that do not have issues out there and because they do not have issues, they do not make headlines in NEWS stations or on popular blogs, or on Social media. Meanwhile, the tens or hundreds with issues will consistently be changing our perception of marriage in a bad way.

Remember One bad news spreads faster than Ten good news, and sadly that's the world we live in.
My advice for the young and unmarried...

1. Prayerfully seek out a partner not for their physical appearance or social status but for who they are and their values. Physical appearance and status are good but should not be what makes you propose or accept a proposal.
2. Do not rush into marriage. Start off as friends and watch out for obvious red flags and don't assume they would change later.
3. Give care and receive care back.
4. Go broke intentionally and observe how your partner reacts to it.

My advice to anyone in a bad marriage right now...
1. Talk it through and see if you can make it work together. If possible see a Marriage counselor together
2. Forgive each other and see if that helps
3. Seek God's face and Do what you have to do if nothing improves

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion by neonly: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thks for sharing but honestly d new generation of girls or women want to emulate d western world forgetting dat there prizes to be paid if u want dat
Feminist gradually cripping into marriage and d men are not smiling
Evolution is gradually taking place among human without knowing

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion by helinues: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
Even the toxic marriage right?
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion by JimloveTM(m): 5:57am On Dec 29, 2021
neonly:
Thks for sharing but honestly d new generation of girls or women want to emulate d western world forgetting dat there prizes to be paid if u want dat
Feminist gradually cripping into marriage and d men are not smiling
Evolution is gradually taking place among human without knowing

Spot on,
But my advice is for both genders.
It takes 2 to make it work
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion by Sonnobax15(m): 6:06am On Dec 29, 2021
cheesy
Ok na
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up On Marriage - My Opinion by odinson1(m): 6:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Men una nor dey ever hear word.

Those men who didn't give up on marriage are the same ones suffering in Marriage today. Dem nor dey write good woman put for head. The ones who have good marriages are just lucky their wives haven't unleashed their inner demons yet.

But seriously,how would a Sane man get on his knees and Ask a retired PROSTITUTE(assuming she's non virgin) to be your mistress all the days of your life? Damn niggarrr. You'd be slaving yourself at work trying to find money to provide for her and HER CHILDREN,while she sits at home all day watching TV and Eating like an Elephant. And you wonder why After marriage,the man gets thinner and the woman gets fatter. You know why? cheesy the Mistress is constantly milking the slave, sucking him dry till he becomes a shell of his former self.

And what does the slave get in return for all these? Rationed sex like once every four months. Well,all these are what will happen if you get married to A non virgin aka a Retired PROSTITUTE.

But that doesn't change the fact that women Worldwide have just one Objective,which is to look for an unfortunate slave,lock him down with marriage,and milk him dry till old age.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

. / Rate The Level Of Simping Here / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.