Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company (48354 Views)

See The Response I Got From A Job I Applied To On Indeed / Letter Of Rejection From An Applicant / 'Making Love': An Applicant Included This In His CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by kristylopezz: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
kinibigdeal:
What do you think?

This reply from the recruiting firm is so unofficial. Why all the explanations? I see they're very pained to lose the guy hence, the weeks it took them to make a decision.
Guy probably knows his worth.

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by DSoj(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
fujirice:

So speaking up now has turned to arrogance?
This is why we are where we are and will continue to be until we decide to change.
Imagine if the table was turned we will still be the ones saying that the guy is not a serious person.
Let’s learn to be timely in this part of the world.

U are just as arrogant as him and so full of yourself. Such attitude will not get U far in life.
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by DSoj(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ficient:

They cannot pay him simple, and they over hyped the job. The guy is clearly over qualified and they wasted his time at the end of the day. And he gave them a piece of his mind about their nonsense approach. Na wetin pain them be that, e really pain them so tey them still mention am for their response. I'm sure they won't forget him so quickly

Then he is not as smart as he tried to present himself, why didn't he do a background check on the company before going for the interview to see their "Levels"?
Nobody wasted his time, cos no one Forced or dragged him to go there.
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by jesmond3945: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
Tomahawk99:

So from the above email isn't it obvious the person was rude?
If he had something better to do he wouldn't even turn up.
Snowflakes just go around looking for an excuse to get mad.
my brother if you know your worth and value especially if you have a better fall back option you would not take nonsense from anybody. Is only when you are desperate that you can take shit. Just learn and build your self worth. I fight recruiters, I do my job so well that i get bored. I want to leave they beg me not to.

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by jesmond3945: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
DSoj:

Then he is not as smart as he tried to present himself, why didn't he do a background check on the company before going for the interview to see their "Levels"?
the guy doesn't care about the company but the money. If they had offered him a better pay he would have been happy to work with them. They were not ready to do that and still wasted his time. He is not begging.

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by jesmond3945: 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
DSoj:

U are just as arrogant as him and so full of yourself. Such attitude will not get U far in life.
my brother forget. When you are made, you no go fear anything. People call it arrogance but is high self worth

3 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by jesmond3945: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ten06:
In the course of the interview your guy went there to show the stuff he was made of, i.e insult.

Until he change this character he will continue to face disappointment.
lol you think he cares. He is not desperate you know. They need him more than he needs them.

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by peeps4u: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
8BitGee:
A lot of silly inexperienced people on this thread. No matter what happens, you don't go off on an interviewer! It says a lot about you as a person and as an issue manager/problem solver.

He is an arrogant piece of shit. Is this the way he'll address the company's clients when they slip up?! So unprofessional.

Further, it's a small world, you will meet those people in future. Lol

And what makes you think it is not the company that might need him in future?

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by anochuko01(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
reservd:

Do multinational corporations waste applicants time without apologizing? Do they post salary range in their job adverts?

Bros, they'll gladly waste your time and they don't all post salary...
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by humberjade: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
peeps4u:

Arrogant for calling out lateness on the part of recruiters?
Arrogant for expressing his displeasure at them not disclosing the pay when they knew they were hiring for experienced class, knowing fully well money will be the deciding factor for many applicants?

I'm sure the applicant has taught the recruiter one or two lessons so they can do better next time.

Well, it could be the 'arrogant' part of him that has earned him the job he presently has to shun the new job.

Well, I totally agree with you on some of the points you made...it can be a blessing or curse
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by jesmond3945: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
8BitGee:
A lot of silly inexperienced people on this thread. No matter what happens, you don't go off on an interviewer! It says a lot about you as a person and as an issue manager/problem solver.

He is an arrogant piece of shit. Is this the way he'll address the company's clients when they slip up?! So unprofessional.

why did they come late?

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by JudeAfoo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
The truth is, if you're interested in hiring an employed job seeker, you should be ready to double their current Salary. That's what happens in an ideal country. They were not ready to do that and were not ready to do that with their peanuts

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by reservd(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
anochuko01:

Bros, they'll gladly waste your time and they don't all post salary...
Well I don't have enough statistics on that so I will pass
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Innobee99(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
I'll SIMPly press, "Thanks for Letting me know"

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Innobee99(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
The guy is damn good for them to take weeks before they could even figure how to reply him

HE'S A CHAMPION

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by fuke(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
illicit:
He knows his worth

Why invite people for interview and delay them

Are u gonna pay them for the time wasted or did u know if they have other places to be

Some interviews test your patience and attitude.
they put a mole among the candidates to record your comments.
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Datevilme: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
Daveambition:

Duck sit ur ass down & be humble, don't stand before me & say yu have "OTHER PLACES TO BE"...
They didn't go to his houz & dragged him, he saw their advert & applied..
Why yu go cme my office dey rant, bomb dey ur head..?

Mentality of a typical Nigerian HR, better change your mindset.

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by DSoj(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
jesmond3945:
my brother forget. When you are made, you no go fear anything. People call it arrogance but is high self worth

U don't go to a job interview and prove u are made. It's not self worth, it's arrogance, there's no 2 names to it. Such people talk down and look down at people. This is not an argument.
If U are made then why go seek employment?
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Tunagee(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
dannypaul:
Some HR managers see themselves as demigod. If they had apologized for taken his time, he wouldn't hv replied that way.

The guy obviously has a better work.

When you know your worth, you won't allow just any HR to wash you down thinking you are desperate.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by myfantasies(f): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
I don't blame him tho...

That was how I was invited for an interview some weeks back, the interview was for 9am, I got there by 8am , with other applicants, only for the HR to delay us till 11am with no single word of apology.

I rejected the offer cos the salary is nothing to write home about.

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Tunagee(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
illicit:

U don't waste people's time oga

He has every right to speak his mind, this is a free world

Infact some company will employ him for that

Go and be doing like slowpoke at interviews na u sabi

Nice reaponse. The recruiters always feel like dem be one kind god.

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Tunagee(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
illicit:

Nope

I work and I still go for interviews even in other states

It's not only unemployed people that go for interviews, even employers understand

Some people are even family men and have family obligations so everything has to be timely

I don't expect to go for an interview and be waiting for the interviewer who will come late and not deem it fit to apologise

C'mon, we are all humans

From that mail, u can see that the company was pained, the guy had moved on

Remember that u don't get paid for interviews, the cost is all on u so u have some rights

Thumbs up man!

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by bilulu(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
Daveambition:

Duck sit ur ass down & be humble, don't stand before me & say yu have "OTHER PLACES TO BE"...
They didn't go to his houz & dragged him, he saw their advert & applied..
Why yu go cme my office dey rant, bomb dey ur head..?
I just shake head reading som comments.... it's obvious the organization doesn't know what time management is, they don't value their time, if they do they won't waste another person's time. What if the guy went late? you showed up late then you apologize instead of this useless and low level response, next time those !diot will think twice before wasting other people'stime..... you guys really deserve wat u get

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Tunagee(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
8BitGee:

Story! So the interviewers no get bad character?

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Tunagee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
jesmond3945:
my brother if you know your worth and value especially if you have a better fall back option you would not take nonsense from anybody. Is only when you are desperate that you can take shit. Just learn and build your self worth. I fight recruiters, I do my job so well that i get bored. I want to leave they beg me not to.

1000 likes for this abeg. Nobody be slave .

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by mogpet(m): 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
[quote author=illicit post=108893706]He knows his worth

Are u gonna pay them for the time wasted or did u know if they have other places to be
Which stupid worth? No courtesy at all.
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by mogpet(m): 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
illicit:
He knows his worth

Which stupid worth?the applicant doesn’t have courtesy.
Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
DSoj:

Yes he should have done a background check, or maybe they didn't present him with the necessary info to run a proper check. Happens at times, and you decide to give it a try bcuz you might never know.

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by jesmond3945: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2021
DSoj:

U don't go to a job interview and prove u are made. It's not self worth, it's arrogance, there's no 2 names to it. Such people talk down and look down at people. This is not an argument.
If U are made then why go seek employment?
his not desperate. He just there for money ego owo kudi. If they had offered him good money, he would have been humble but the reverse is the case. Dont worry when you come to a point where you work just for fun thats when you start living. I have been there severally. I walk out of jobs, you why because I know my worth. Are you telling me if you see obi cubana selling sharwarma is because his poor or broke. Have you not seen allen oyenma working as a cabin crew member. Advise for you, build your self worth, build your value, acquire good skills, have good network, recruiters would beg to hire you.

2 Likes

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by Bouncin(m): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
I love it when you are not desperately looking for work. HR managers are fund of messing desperate job seekers up. Go for job interviews like a king. That way you will get the job. Nobody wants to pity your condition. undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by chapwiz(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Curiosity they say kill the cat...he got what he deserved. Make he/ she continue to dey do gragra come 2022. More of the response to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can This Car Be Used For Bolt Or Uber Job? (photos) / What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? / Baker And Hughes Early Career 2020 Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.