Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service (67722 Views)

Prelate Akpanika Emerged Through Transparent Process - Presbyterian Church / Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO / "Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by TooMuchStuff: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2022
Feeling sad

1 Like

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by SuperBlack: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2022
Miracood2:
For those that will be too lazy to read the whole write up, the church is closing down due to low members.

And you're sure to have read it all
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by mediainc: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2022
People are waking up...the church must get back to it's original mandate, not just a money making, social gathering center.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by larula: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2022
Lol I hope the wise men will read wisdom in this and know that in inference what happened there will happen globally.
When they are done having everyone under control and order like puppets

White man that washed your brain with Bible has stopped going to church o

grin

4 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by ihimiray(m): 9:25am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
Islam my nigga!

Believe in oneness of God
Be good to your both parents
Be good to orphans, widow, travellers
Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on
oga forget all dis doesn't make islam the best.... Next time u take about the bad side of islam too.. no religion is perfect, they all have their flaws

9 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Origin(f): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2022
A place of worship should always be open even if it has declining membership...

It still is a place of reflection, a place to experience peace of mind and a sanctuary...

I beg leave it open!

10 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by obinoral1179(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on
let me add to your list.
1 Bomb infidel to have access to 10 virgins

2 marry many wives and produce children to further the jihad cause.

3 lets me stop here

28 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by uthlaw: 9:27am On Jan 02, 2022
Why would a church close down because of low members, are they serving God or members... This people funny sha!

1 Like

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Omeizadean(m): 9:28am On Jan 02, 2022
If na black American church it wouldn't close
Those pastors preach energetically and comically too.
The choirs are something else with acrobatic dancing sometimes and even raps.
No room for dull moments.

16 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by VEXT: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on

Is better for me to be an atheist than practice that religion of terrorist

20 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by ekevwe(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Ahmback:
'Go In Peace': US Church Founded In 1800 Holds Last Service

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/newsus/go-in-peace-us-church-founded-in-1800-holds-last-service/ar-AAS9MwV?ocid=wispr

Good. Change it to event center. No time. All na for money
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by freshkpomo(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
nigga no!

Jihadist u mentioned is just politicians stuff

Uthsman Dan Fidio was a politician too abi? Those Pakistan and other ARAB nations that can mobilise youths to kill anyone who blasphems are politicians too abi? See weak defence coming out from a lying lips this new year....

When Boko Haram started early, do you know they had disciples in your north? We're those disciples who willingly followed politicians too?

Na new year be this bros, only say what you know.. Cos saying what you don't know is a sin on Its own..

11 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Amtasiu(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
Please  people should help me I am stranded and confused right now.
I collects contribution to run a business which I truly started.
Unfortunately, I ,my wife and ourbaby left home to see my sick mother only to come back and meet our door broken.
#294,500 (Two Hundred and Ninety Four Thousand Five Hundred) was carted away from my room.
My business is collapsed now. 
I and my family can barely eat now with huge debt.
I have never plan to beg before. 
Please help me to pay the debt no amount is small please.  
Any amount you help me with God Almighty will give you back in manifold.
Acc. No 0111499879
GTB 
Thanks God bless you
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by angelfallz(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
This has would soon start happening in Nigeria. It is unfortunate, but organised religion is dying out.

2 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by dingbang(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
The pastor should do IT from oyedepo. Come to nigeria and learn how church is being run.
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Amadihenrio12H: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2022
Religion stinks, get to know the person of God and let Jesus Christ take over you.author=compton11 post=108940588] Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on[/quote]
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Victorclean1: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2022
Islam will like to convert it to mosque as they did in Mecca and Medina ,which Jewish worship center, forcefully taken by prophet Muhammad after capturing it
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Peejoeee(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on

and so on? what is the so on? beheads those who dont believe in islie?

6 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by fjjc(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2022
AntiChristian:
In Shaa Allah it will become a mosque soon!
Amin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by HardMirror(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2022
Sandle:
They should rebrand and return
as businesses do right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Iseoluwani: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When Jesus commissioned the movement he never called some lazy 'sit at home' people "friends" It was a call to service {Matthew 10:6; 28:19-20} they were given a duty that they must engage fully {Luke 9:62} each of his friends must prove their love for him by going to meet their neighbours (uninvited) for the purpose of preaching zealously and industriously teaching what they've learned from Jesus. Matthew 10:11-13

So what later happened that led to all these "sit at home" religionists who only visit a gathering during weekends to start claiming Christians?

Well Jesus didn't leave us in the dark. He told a parable to illustrate how the movement will be attacked subtly when Satan (God's enemy) will initiate his own agents and plant them right in the movement Jesus commissioned {Matthew 13:25; 39} this will be in addition to Satan's normal attack which is frontal! Matthew 10:22-26

After Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension to heaven Satan immediately began the frontal attack {Act 4:18; 5:28; 7:1,2, 54-60; 12:1-3} despite all these Satan noticed that Jesus' friends weren't surrendering to intimidation and persecution so he went for plan B sowing his own agents right in their midst {1John 2:18} these ones made themselves available for those trying to track down the frontiers of the movement! 2Corinthians 11:26; Galatians 2:4 compare to Matthew 24:10

Gradually the first set of diehard friends of Jesus died off just as Jesus prophesied and Satan now had all the opportunity to hijack Jesus' group when Jesus' first century Jewish disciples are all dead (sleeping in death) {Matthew 13:25} easily those who loved the movement but never knew Jesus or his apostles gave in to intimidation, that's how Satan used the world power of the time (Rome) to fully established his own agents, they are known till today as the Roman Catholic Church! This religion turned everything Jesus laid upside down: members participate in politics and military services opening up a way for professed Christians to carry weapons against one another, something that was a taboo during the time of the first century Jewish disciples who heard Jesus said:

"Little children, I am with you a little longer. You will look for me; and just as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I go you cannot come,’ I now say it also to you. I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” John 13:33-35

Of course Jesus' friends mustn't even think of raising weapons against their enemies talkless their own fellow believers {Matthew 5:43-48} but with Satan's agents claiming Christians having the backing of the most powerful nation in the dark ages (Rome) professed Christians do not only carry weapons to attack and intimidate other people they also often kill one another due to politics and racism!

The Roman Catholic began bearing children (different sects also claiming Christians protested against the Catholic Church) after so much struggling and killings they all agreed to call themselves denominations in Christ.
But none of them can bear the FRUIT expected of Jesus' group {Matthew 7:16-18} WHY? Because they were all following Satan's system which is looking for ways to gain the friendship of the world! James 4:4

If you want to know how Jesus restructured his group today i'll oblige, it all started in the year 1914 when Jesus returned to the earth as a mighty spirit King to reorganize his group.
As a mighty spirit King Jesus called out saying "get out of her my people" {Revelations 18:4} and gradually people throughout the world are coming out of Satan's system to join Jesus' group.
Well most people began treating them just as they were treating Jesus' friends in the first century {John 15:19} but everyone throughout the world knows that JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have LOVE among themselves! John 13:34-35

God bless you and may you have PEACE!

You were making sense before but when u started this spirit King blabla I knew you will eventually goof.
Jehovah witness ko, Jehovah wickedness niii. Hypocrites set of people

6 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by SisterFire(f): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2022
...so shall it be in nigeria ..many churches shall be closed down when a sincere leader rises.
Maxindhouse one day redeem will close like this

2 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on
And bomb your neighbourhors if they refused to accept those things listed.

5 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Lordbinsmar: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
[s][/s]Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on[s][/s]

What about killing innocent people in the name of jihad angry

Bloody terrorists angry angry

8 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by theysg: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Ahmback:
running a genuine church ain't a business as in nigeria

The Church is in the business of reconciliation and nation building.
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Georgejeez: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Hmmn , so they mean to close down a church having this kind of spacious facility, their own land and well furnished auditorium because of what , lack of members?

They should write to David Oyedepo and Adeboye to send just one of their pastors each to head the church , within a year , the church will not only overflow but they will have branches in every city in the Country .

When it comes to Christianity , Nigerian Pastors are the Pep Guardiolas , they can convince thousands of right thinking humans to hold church service in the rain, sun and even inside flooded areas especially Choosen grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Uyi168: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2022
compton11:
Islam my nigga!

Pay zakat to the poor
Don't talk human as God

And so on
and so on like killing of infidels??

please, whenever people are holding sane discussion , never in your life, mention Islam.

11 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Lordbinsmar: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
And bomb your neighbourhors if they refused to accept those things listed.

I wonder why that potential terrorist didn't mention that angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by otokx(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Foreverme5221:
They should have opened a Branch here in Nigeria, and watch their members grow in number.

They should give Nigerians visa to be ushers, choristers, prayer warriors, media team and see membership arise.
Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by Amadihenrio12H: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Exactly what happens when there is no fire. It's God's church and God never closes from watching over us, how dare you close down the church of God they have sure lost it. Soul winning is lacking here Mathew 6:33.

8 Likes

Re: First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service by siraj1402(m): 9:44am On Jan 02, 2022
So them no know where them dey do aworo? I trust my Nigeria churches, close because of congregation declined?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Prophet Wale Olagunju Prophecies About 2019 Elections That Have Come To Pass / RCCG Online Dating App Condemned By Leke Adeboye (Pastor Adeboye's Son)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.