Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years (17511 Views)

A Company Director At 29, How Adetola Durojaiye Rose To The Top In Five Years / My Experience After Working For About Five Years. / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Young042galaxy: 6:32am On Dec 29, 2021
No fewer than 15,049 nurses trained in Nigeria obtained licence to practise in the United Kingdom within a period of five years spanning from March 2017 to March 2021, The PUNCH has learnt.

This was disclosed in a report obtained from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of the UK on Tuesday in Abuja.

Our correspondent observed that Nigeria is the third highest country with foreign nurses in England coming after the Philippines and India.

The NMC is the UK body responsible for the registration of professionals eligible to practise in the UK. The body also investigates concerns about nurses, midwives and nursing associates.

In the report, the NMC said, “The number of people on the permanent register in England who trained outside the European Economic Area continues to grow. As of March 2017, the body stated that 2,670 Nigerian nurses registered on the register. In March 2018, the body noted that 2,678 registered between March 2017 and March 2018.

“March 2019 saw a record of 2,771 while the number of nurses who registered between March 2019 and March 2020 increased to 3,205. Within this period, the body noted that it opened a temporary COVID-19 register to accommodate nurses willing to practise.”
Alhough the body did not state the number of Nigerian nurses on the temporary COVID-19 register, it stated that between March 2020 and March 2021, a total of 3,725 Nigerian nurses registered and were granted licenses.
The PUNCH reports that on the list, Nigeria comes third in the list of foreign countries with nurses practicing in the UK coming after The Philippines and India.

The PUNCH reports that the Nigerian health sector is currently facing challenges in the area of brain drain as medical doctors and other health workers have continued to migrate over the years due to what experts tagged as “unfavorable” working conditions.

Copyright PUNCH.
https://punchng.com/15049-nigerian-nurses-move-to-uk-in-five-years/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1640743463

3 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Conwarden: 6:33am On Dec 29, 2021
Young042galaxy:
No fewer than 15,049 nurses trained in Nigeria obtained licence to practise in the United Kingdom within a period of five years spanning from March 2017 to March 2021, The PUNCH has learnt.

This was disclosed in a report obtained from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of the UK on Tuesday in Abuja.

Our correspondent observed that Nigeria is the third highest country with foreign nurses in England coming after the Philippines and India.

The NMC is the UK body responsible for the registration of professionals eligible to practise in the UK. The body also investigates concerns about nurses, midwives and nursing associates.

In the report, the NMC said, “The number of people on the permanent register in England who trained outside the European Economic Area continues to grow. As of March 2017, the body stated that 2,670 Nigerian nurses registered on the register. In March 2018, the body noted that 2,678 registered between March 2017 and March 2018.

“March 2019 saw a record of 2,771 while the number of nurses who registered between March 2019 and March 2020 increased to 3,205. Within this period, the body noted that it opened a temporary COVID-19 register to accommodate nurses willing to practise.”
Alhough the body did not state the number of Nigerian nurses on the temporary COVID-19 register, it stated that between March 2020 and March 2021, a total of 3,725 Nigerian nurses registered and were granted licenses.
The PUNCH reports that on the list, Nigeria comes third in the list of foreign countries with nurses practicing in the UK coming after The Philippines and India.

The PUNCH reports that the Nigerian health sector is currently facing challenges in the area of brain drain as medical doctors and other health workers have continued to migrate over the years due to what experts tagged as “unfavorable” working conditions.

Copyright PUNCH.
https://punchng.com/15049-nigerian-nurses-move-to-uk-in-five-years/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1640743463

This is really sad. It shall never be well with all past, present and future fraudulent political leaders.

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!

25 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by caesymore(m): 6:40am On Dec 29, 2021
Hmmmm...

That na normal something na, wetin you expect... A wise Lady Once told me this,

Your Uncle, an engineer on graduation got offer from 4 multinational companies with sponsorship to even further his educations with lots of incentives why? Then if they are to call a meeting of engineers in your community not more than 15 will come for the meeting as their were few engineers they had more work. You reap what you sow if you can't produce you can't progress the current system has hiked the prices of education to some of them there state University is now there source of income and ignorantly seas head of Jambitos are trooping into the school to learn and then work where? maybe in the churches cause that's the only newly erected factory in my country. People tend to move where they see positivity and in most foreign countries you sure have a chance of getting a job as these white fellas have built a lasting system based on real life stats of citizens.

19 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by money121(m): 6:41am On Dec 29, 2021
Seen
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Passionnn: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2021
The brain drain continues

8 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Narnah(f): 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
We are gradually losing our health workers sad

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by billpete89: 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
Train/Work as a Nurse in Germany

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by tstx(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
The capable ones have all left. The ones remaining in Nigeria na those ones wey dey use 2 minutes find vein.

But our leaders no send. They never have and they never will. When there's a medical emergency they can always fly to obodo oyibo with their private jets the ones they bought with stolen monies.

Na only the black man wey see nothing wrong in killing every sector of his country just to enrich himself..

The Black man's worse enemy has always been his illogical greed.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by DropsMic(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Same with Doctors, ask any doctor that graduated 5 years ago how many of him classmates still dey practice for Nigeria..

All these things are happening because they are paid peanuts and our hospitals lack basic equipments. But our rulers aren't bothered because they can always fly abroad for treatment.

Our country is dying right in our very eyes and everybody just fold hands dey watch.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by setobaba: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
I’m joining soon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nickymichy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Greener pasture
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Truthissupreme: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
And they would probably be the ones to treat the jihadist Terrorist that is running from Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by ATEAMS: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
The trouble is if you don’t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.

7 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by irunoko(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Minister of health shame no dey catch you?

Minister of failure

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Cholls(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Narnah:
We are gradually losing our health workers sad
my sister how can my sister pass the exam to travel abeg I no want her to suffer naija system
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Tifesingz: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
That’s the best decision of their lives… I wish them well

18 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by WibusJaga: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2021

If to say Baba God just grant the wish of Nigerians wey wan travel out, I wonder how many go remain. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
...a laudable development
We are doing well.
After all, we have enough Native Healers/ Native Caregivers/ Pastors to man the country!

No wonder one stupid quack graced a TV station in Edo state vomiting rubbish about Hypertension. She think say Hypertension na Naked Wire!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by specialmati(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed all because we elected elethus as leaders.they are warming up to vote another elenthus

2 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by DamnnNiggarr: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
shocked
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is just UK alone... pathetic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by bigdammyj: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Noted
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by dreu2fine(m): 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Young042galaxy:

Copyright PUNCH.
everybody canot stay back

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Focusmind: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
I am preparing my wife's brother to practice nursing in UK but the guy's stupidity and sturbboness have not allowed him to focus. He just finished his degree in Psychology and I want him to enroll for masters in psychiatric nursing in Nigeria after which he could try his luck overseas.
But meth and bad friends have not allowed him to be serious. I jejely faced my front.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:
I am preparing my wife's brother to practice nursing in UK but the guy's stupidity and sturbboness have not allowed him to focus.
Channel your effort to someone else.
It's easier to reap from a stranger you invested in than all these entitle minded relatives

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Biggie2000(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
God bless them
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Irupetepete: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Thousand more are waiting for the right time and opportunity
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by hedonido: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
With 15,048 terrible attitudes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by floss(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Because of outdated learning aides found in Nigeria institutions our 15k plus nurses might just be like nurse Rita

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
sad
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by vincentjk(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
And one mumu BMC go tell Nigerians make dem node reason UK again say money node there grin
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by BigDawsNet: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
And more are getting ready to relocate

I don't blame anyone

If countries like The Netherlands, Canada, UK and Germany activate th free visa agreement with Nigeria today .. in less than 365days... I can assure you 75% of the population will depart the country

Fix the country! And we gonna sit our ass in our mother land

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired / Shoemaker In Serious Trouble For Wearing Customer's Shoe / My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.