Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years (17557 Views)

A Company Director At 29, How Adetola Durojaiye Rose To The Top In Five Years / My Experience After Working For About Five Years. / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by RodgersAkpafu: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

They are paid peanuts. But let's not forget that they also paid peanuts to get the c3rtificates compared to what students pay in developed countries. I agree that the government isn't helping things but the doctors themselves are nothing but ungrateful people.
What is this one saying ?
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Young042galaxy: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
1Sharon:

A nurse cannot diagnose patients.
Nurses diagnose patients.
We have nursing diagnosis and it's from it we make care plans according to the patients illness and equally draft goals to achieve after rendering care.
Note > nursing diagnosis is different from medical diagnosis though they are related.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by clothingonline(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Christie06:
.... and i am joining very soon. God help me!
Congratulations in advance
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
clothingonline:

Congratulations in advance

Thank you kiss
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Theunbothered: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
Another amazing achievement, Sai Baba
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by freddie009(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Na wa

A know a family, the guy was doing well as a banker and the wife a medical doctor (consultant in one of the teaching hospital), them japa go Canada. All my engineering coursemates back in school over forty in number are outside the shores of Naija, majorly in Canada (express entry). Not exaggerating.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Theunbothered: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

They are paid peanuts. But let's not forget that they also paid peanuts to get the c3rtificates compared to what students pay in developed countries. I agree that the government isn't helping things but the doctors themselves are nothing but ungrateful people.

You can as well go to medical school for peanuts and do their work for them
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by RodgersAkpafu: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
freddie009:

A know a family, the guy was doing well as a banker and the wife a medical doctor (consultant in one of the teaching hospital), them japa go Canada.
Things are really getting out of hand
To be frank with you
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by na2016: 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Narnah:
We are gradually losing our health workers sad

They will finish. Now people intentionally read that course in Nigeria because it is cheaper back home so they can use it to japa.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by clothingonline(m): 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
I
Christie06:

Thank you kiss

Which country
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by freddie009(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Things are really getting out of hand
To be frank with you

If you have the resources to move don't waste time, this life is per head, "Nigeria" is not your surname.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by alphaNomega: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
BigDawsNet:
And more are getting ready to relocate

I don't blame anyone

If countries like The Netherlands, Canada, UK and Germany activate th free visa agreement with Nigeria today .. in less than 365days... I can assure you 75% of the population will depart the country

Fix the country! And we gonna sit our ass in our mother land
Don't you know it is better for them if we all leave the country?
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by HBB1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
descarado:

Recruitments are always outsourced. Money was spent. They got to get their money back.

Even NHS can negotiate salary if they want. As long as its not below the normal salary range by UK govt for that particular job.

It worst with private companies. They will give you accommodation and food.
Smart ones look for their own houses immediately else at the end of the month, you have little in your account.

Recruitment is not outsourced by the NHS.

If they did so in this case that is the exception, not the rule.

...and like I said, salaries have a structure, there is no rambo anywhere.

Particularly for Nurses, you can tell her pay from what Band and step she is on.
It is out there for everyone.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Cholls(m): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
franchasng:
Did your sister studied nursing science from a university or nursing school?
my brother nursing school
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by steric58(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
1Sharon:
Nigeria needs to take them back. Alot of them are unprofessional and rude.
werey go deport them

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by tnerro1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
If your babe na nurse, hold am tight oooo, she could be your ticket out of naija grin

2 Likes

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by steric58(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:

Dem no born dem well to misbehave in UK with their Nigerian attitude. The matron of the hospital will exit the person sharp sharp. No time.
UK don't joke with NHS. I worked with NHS in St. Andrews, Scotland as a student for 8 months. You don't dare misbehave.
if na you dem they pay better money you go misbehave ode!
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 1Sharon(f): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
tnerro1:
If your babe na nurse, hold am tight oooo, she could be your ticket out of naija grin

Alot of nurses think they're better than men
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Narnah(f): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
Right

It is well
na2016:

They will finish. Now people intentionally read that course in Nigeria because it is cheaper back home so they can use it to japa.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 1Sharon(f): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:

Dem no born dem well to misbehave in UK with their Nigerian attitude. The matron of the hospital will exit the person sharp sharp. No time.
UK don't joke with NHS. I worked with NHS in St. Andrews, Scotland as a student for 8 months. You don't dare misbehave.

Except that they do.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by LadyJasper: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
1Sharon:
Nigeria needs to take them back. Alot of them are unprofessional and rude.
They get re-trained once they get to the foreign country. They don't work with the same attitude, you wouldn't last long if you do because they don't tolerate such nonsense.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Yankee101: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
You train your medical professionals for cheap, no student loans, and other countries benefit from your brain drain
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 1Sharon(f): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
LadyJasper:

They get re-trained once they get to the foreign country. They don't work with the same attitude, you wouldn't last long if you do because they don't tolerate such nonsense.

Excuse me? I'm in the health field, I know what I'm talking about.

They tolerate them because they are scared of being called racist.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 1Sharon(f): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Young042galaxy:

Nurses diagnose patients.
We have nursing diagnosis and it's from it we make care plans according to the patients illness and equally draft goals to achieve after rendering care.
Note > nursing diagnosis is different from medical diagnosis though they are related.

That person I quoted was talking about a medical diagnosis and not a nursing diagnosis.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Realtosin: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Young042galaxy:
No fewer than 15,049 nurses trained in Nigeria obtained licence to practise in the United Kingdom within a period of five years spanning from March 2017 to March 2021, The PUNCH has learnt.

This was disclosed in a report obtained from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of the UK on Tuesday in Abuja.

Our correspondent observed that Nigeria is the third highest country with foreign nurses in England coming after the Philippines and India.

The NMC is the UK body responsible for the registration of professionals eligible to practise in the UK. The body also investigates concerns about nurses, midwives and nursing associates.

In the report, the NMC said, “The number of people on the permanent register in England who trained outside the European Economic Area continues to grow. As of March 2017, the body stated that 2,670 Nigerian nurses registered on the register. In March 2018, the body noted that 2,678 registered between March 2017 and March 2018.

“March 2019 saw a record of 2,771 while the number of nurses who registered between March 2019 and March 2020 increased to 3,205. Within this period, the body noted that it opened a temporary COVID-19 register to accommodate nurses willing to practise.”
Alhough the body did not state the number of Nigerian nurses on the temporary COVID-19 register, it stated that between March 2020 and March 2021, a total of 3,725 Nigerian nurses registered and were granted licenses.
The PUNCH reports that on the list, Nigeria comes third in the list of foreign countries with nurses practicing in the UK coming after The Philippines and India.

The PUNCH reports that the Nigerian health sector is currently facing challenges in the area of brain drain as medical doctors and other health workers have continued to migrate over the years due to what experts tagged as “unfavorable” working conditions.

Copyright PUNCH.
https://punchng.com/15049-nigerian-nurses-move-to-uk-in-five-years/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1640743463

God bless the United Kingdom
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by baralatie(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:

Yeah!
That is the difference in the UK!
You cannot misbehave
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by franchasng: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
Cholls:
my brother nursing school
let her graduate first and register with Nigerian midwife and nursing council.

Then she needs to write IELTS, and score at least an overall of 7 to 7.5. After this, she will then register for CBT which is UK nursing council qualifying exam, and this one is easier to pass than IELTS.

Her greastest challenge is passing english language test at an overall of 7.0.

Google how to register as a nurse in UK as an foreign trained nurse and you should get a step by step guide. I don't think the whole process cost up to 500k if she can pass IELTS at one or two seatings.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by MiaBeer(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Well, someone has been going to UK for treatment since he became President and everyone think it's ok.

We are lucky the figure hasn't reached 100k lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
My ex follow for this statistics and she is doing very well.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by yunqdady: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2021
1Sharon:

They don't learn shіt. Alot of them are not compassionate. They only go into the career for money and a good retirement.

You sound pained. Why not pick a nursing form?
You people will patronise quacks and nurse Eliza dem and be attacking real nurses
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by yunqdady: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2021
IPDGP:
m sister in-law Is working in a federal medical hospital and she has no been paid for the past 4months, please if u can help with the process make she too dey go UK
She's not interested. If she is, she will seek information. Even non nurses know everything about the process. She never ready

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by yunqdady: 12:07am On Dec 30, 2021
30naira:

No, not true. She isn't paying any debt. I am leaving Nigeria next month on similar arrangement. I have the visa and flight with accommodation paid for already by the NHS trust. The only condition attached is that I ll pay back only if I leave the job within 3 years.
Otherwise, I don't owe them. I have nearly half my class there, they are not repaying anything
Half your class? You must be Edo or Igbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours) / Access Bank Manager Seizes A Staff’s Phone - Twitter User / Man Owed 2 Months Salary Sent To Prison For Uprooting His Master's Cassava.Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.