Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years (17555 Views)

A Company Director At 29, How Adetola Durojaiye Rose To The Top In Five Years / My Experience After Working For About Five Years. / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 1Sharon(f): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
descarado:

They Learn as time goes on.

Nobody holy pass. Its diff society. Room is given for training and improvement.

They don't learn shіt. Alot of them are not compassionate. They only go into the career for money and a good retirement.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by IPDGP: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
m sister in-law Is working in a federal medical hospital and she has no been paid for the past 4months, please if u can help with the process make she too dey go UK
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Brushstrokes20: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
Another Satanic CHAINge aftermath! undecided
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by bejeria101(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
When Senator Ben murray-bruce brought this to our notice, he was called names.

As at that time the number was 2,680 health workers. Now look at the number today.

As if the last cowbender cares.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:
I am preparing my wife's brother to practice nursing in UK but the guy's stupidity and sturbboness have not allowed him to focus. He just finished his degree in Psychology and I want him to enroll for masters in psychiatric nursing in Nigeria after which he could try his luck overseas.
But meth and bad friends have not allowed him to be serious. I jejely faced my front.
Can you assist me
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by iscom(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nigeria is hard
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by annisy(f): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
This animals called leaders don spoil this country, when em leave Nigeria him go cry for this country, no hope here honestly!!!
freddie009:

One of my friend even if 45 y.o he go still japa lol
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 30naira: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:
I am preparing my wife's brother to practice nursing in UK but the guy's stupidity and sturbboness have not allowed him to focus. He just finished his degree in Psychology and I want him to enroll for masters in psychiatric nursing in Nigeria after which he could try his luck overseas.
But meth and bad friends have not allowed him to be serious. I jejely faced my front.

He can't do master's in Psychiatric Nursing if his first degree is not in Nursing. His best bet is to attend a school of nursing for 3 years, and get licensed as a nurse in Nigeria. Getting licensed in Nigeria is the absolute first step. Every other step will take less than 2 months and less than 500k
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Cerebrae(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:

Wow. That's a new information. I was thinking doing masters in nursing is possible. I equally told him to try nursing schools and get more information. Thanks for this. I will research more and see.

Since he has first degree in a health related course, he can do his master's in nursing in the UK and then sit for the necessary exams to practice as a Nurse.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Oluf3mi(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Omo...they are leaving us with the dull ones cry cry ....the ones who use Google to diagnose patients.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 30naira: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
descarado:

That lady isn't telling you the truth 100%
You know, we Nigerians can lie a lot to boast our ego.

But remember,she is paying a debt she owe to that company every month.

Still better than Nigeria. Few years, she will be free .

No, not true. She isn't paying any debt. I am leaving Nigeria next month on similar arrangement. I have the visa and flight with accommodation paid for already by the NHS trust. The only condition attached is that I ll pay back only if I leave the job within 3 years.
Otherwise, I don't owe them. I have nearly half my class there, they are not repaying anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Narnah(f): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
I'm sorry, I have no idea and won't be able to help sad

Cholls:
my sister how can my sister pass the exam to travel abeg I no want her to suffer naija system
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by chaloskyx: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
good for them the made the right move
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Golan007: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
Focusmind:

For real ?
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 30naira: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Cerebrae:

Since he has first degree in a health related course, he can do his master's in nursing in the UK and then sit for the necessary exams to practice as a Nurse.

No, this isn't accurate. He can not do a masters degree in Nursing in UK if his first degree is not in nursing. You must already be a registered nurse before pursuing a masters degree in nursing, both in Nigeria and UK.

Even with a first degree in Nursing from Nigeria, (second class upper) I was still made to go through six months course before starting MSN
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by descarado: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
30naira:

No, not true. She isn't paying any debt. I am leaving Nigeria next month on similar arrangement. I have the visa and flight with accommodation paid for already by the NHS trust. The only condition attached is that I ll pay back only if I leave the job within 3 years.
Otherwise, I don't owe them. I have nearly half my class there, they are not repaying anything
OK,let me believe you.

Till you arrive. That clause pay back if you leave the Job within 3 yrs means you owe a debt in which they will collect before they pay you your salary every month. Nobody is giving you anything free. Let me give u an example. A uk trained nurse working in the same establishment may be earning 27pounds per hour. You will be earning 26.5pounds per hour. That 0.5 pounds deduction is what you owe them and you will finish the payment in 3 yrs. It's negligible that we don't ask questions or seem not to care. I repeat, uk govt don't do charity organisation. They have been in this game for years. Just that it's done symbiotically where both parties gain.
It doesn't really matter as you will not feel it.

Congrats and welcome on board.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Cerebrae(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
30naira:

No, this isn't accurate. He can not do a masters degree in Nursing in UK if his first degree is not in nursing. You must already be a registered nurse before pursuing a masters degree in nursing, both in Nigeria and UK.

Even with a first degree in Nursing from Nigeria, (second class upper) I was still made to go through six months course before starting MSN

Okay, I understand you quite well.
However I am certain I did not made a mistake,
There are now options for MSc Nursing for non nurses in the UK.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by franchasng: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
Cholls:
my sister how can my sister pass the exam to travel abeg I no want her to suffer naija system
Did your sister studied nursing science from a university or nursing school?
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by descarado: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
30naira:

You must not be a registered nurse to push for masters degree in nursing in uk.
Some universities accept masters in adult nursing from a student of diff field( masters). Just pick some nursing courses and do online. Work in healthcare facility when you want to make extra quid. This boast your chances of acceptance. Lots of naija guys do this. Come in as masters student, finish and enter masters nursing straight away. Few yrs, become a nurse.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by mrksquare: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
Young042galaxy:
No fewer than 15,049 nurses trained in Nigeria obtained licence to practise in the United Kingdom within a period of five years spanning from March 2017 to March 2021, The PUNCH has learnt.

This was disclosed in a report obtained from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of the UK on Tuesday in Abuja.

Our correspondent observed that Nigeria is the third highest country with foreign nurses in England coming after the Philippines and India.

The NMC is the UK body responsible for the registration of professionals eligible to practise in the UK. The body also investigates concerns about nurses, midwives and nursing associates.

In the report, the NMC said, “The number of people on the permanent register in England who trained outside the European Economic Area continues to grow. As of March 2017, the body stated that 2,670 Nigerian nurses registered on the register. In March 2018, the body noted that 2,678 registered between March 2017 and March 2018.

“March 2019 saw a record of 2,771 while the number of nurses who registered between March 2019 and March 2020 increased to 3,205. Within this period, the body noted that it opened a temporary COVID-19 register to accommodate nurses willing to practise.”
Alhough the body did not state the number of Nigerian nurses on the temporary COVID-19 register, it stated that between March 2020 and March 2021, a total of 3,725 Nigerian nurses registered and were granted licenses.
The PUNCH reports that on the list, Nigeria comes third in the list of foreign countries with nurses practicing in the UK coming after The Philippines and India.

The PUNCH reports that the Nigerian health sector is currently facing challenges in the area of brain drain as medical doctors and other health workers have continued to migrate over the years due to what experts tagged as “unfavorable” working conditions.

Copyright PUNCH.
https://punchng.com/15049-nigerian-nurses-move-to-uk-in-five-years/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1640743463

Two of my relative who are nurses traveled to the UK this year. Ditto two of my ex'es.

The Nigeria government really need to upp it's game to stop this mass brain drain by Nigeria trained health personnel.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by descarado: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
Cerebrae:

Okay, I understand you quite well.
However I am certain I did not made a mistake,
There are now options for MSc Nursing for non nurses in the UK.

Thanks
You are absolutely right.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by 1Sharon(f): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluf3mi:
Omo...they are leaving us with the dull ones cry cry ....the ones who use Google to diagnose patients.

A nurse cannot diagnose patients.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by HBB1(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
descarado:

OK,let me believe you.

Till you arrive. That clause pay back if you leave the Job within 3 yrs means you owe a debt in which they will collect before they pay you your salary every month. Nobody is giving you anything free. Let me give u an example. A uk trained nurse working in the same establishment may be earning 27pounds per hour. You will be earning 26.5pounds per hour. That 0.5 pounds deduction is what you owe them and you will finish the payment in 3 yrs. It's negligible that we don't ask questions or seem not to care. I repeat, uk govt don't do charity organisation. They have been in this game for years. Just that it's done symbiotically where both parties gain.
It doesn't really matter as you will not feel it.

Congrats and welcome on board.

1. If it is the NHS, they dare not try that.

There is a salary scale that is available to everybody.

2. Such a contract is criminal and sounds like what private Hospitals and not the NHS will do.

I guess recruitment was outsourced to some company and they are the ones doing the mago-mago.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Abujason: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
Why wouldn’t they?
With this kind of govt and with this kind of economy?
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by RodgersAkpafu: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
DropsMic:

Same with Doctors, ask any doctor that graduated 5 years ago how many of him classmates still dey practice for Nigeria..

All these things are happening because they are paid peanuts and our hospitals lack basic equipments. But our rulers aren't bothered because they can always fly abroad for treatment.

Our country is dying right in our very eyes and everybody just fold hands dey watch.
I think its more of the conditions of service
That one I hear is the worst
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
.... and i am joining very soon. God help me!
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by RodgersAkpafu: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
annisy:
Na two class dey Nigeria the rich and the poor nothing like middle class!! And if you are not among the rich and you are 38yrs and below please think and plan towards leaving this country.....
What you said is true sha
But what networth /income will you determine as rich in Nigeria
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by FoolishBoy419: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
DropsMic:

Same with Doctors, ask any doctor that graduated 5 years ago how many of him classmates still dey practice for Nigeria..

All these things are happening because they are paid peanuts and our hospitals lack basic equipments. But our rulers aren't bothered because they can always fly abroad for treatment.

Our country is dying right in our very eyes and everybody just fold hands dey watch.

They are paid peanuts. But let's not forget that they also paid peanuts to get the c3rtificates compared to what students pay in developed countries. I agree that the government isn't helping things but the doctors themselves are nothing but ungrateful people.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by descarado: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
HBB1:

1. If it is the NHS, they dare not try that.

There is a salary scale that is available to everybody.

2. Such a contract is criminal and sounds like what private Hospitals and not the NHS will do.

I guess recruitment was outsourced to some company and they are the ones doing the mago-mago.

Recruitments are always outsourced. Money was spent. They got to get their money back.

Even NHS can negotiate salary if they want. As long as its not below the normal salary range by UK govt for that particular job.

It worst with private companies. They will give you accommodation and food.
Smart ones look for their own houses immediately else at the end of the month, you have little in your account.
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by RodgersAkpafu: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
freddie009:

A friend of mine said even at 45 y.o he go still japa lol
Na wa
Re: 15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years by clothingonline(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
True all the nurse in my church have migrated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours) / Access Bank Manager Seizes A Staff’s Phone - Twitter User / Man Owed 2 Months Salary Sent To Prison For Uprooting His Master's Cassava.Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.