Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? (65977 Views)

How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / See The Animals My Brother Caught Today / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by pcagbaji(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluwasaudy:
Does this look like the picture in the image
Na wa o
That is grass cutter man
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by pcagbaji(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluwasaudy:
I hope you zoom the pictured of the animal killed aha .... I hope you see the head and what it looks like before coming here to form ITK ... That's not a grass cutter....
That is grass cutter man
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Litmus: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?

I suppose you're Town Meat until the name given you by your parent is made public. Cannibalism would make sense in this context .
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ORIGENAL(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
The name is Bush meat

Asif u no no undecided
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by baralatie(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat
You said taste like house rats?
shocked

Youuuuuu!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by DEEBOZZ(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by baralatie(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
pcagbaji:

That is grass cutter man
Someone said is house rat pro max 2

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by lagba04(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Those are called "Auta" in my dialect. They live in a rocky environment.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by techWriter3: 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
divorces in China not very hard, i spell you know your voto everywhere
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Onewazobia(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
fiction novels.

No give it a try

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by LyfeJennings(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Rhinoceros
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by jamiuolaleye: 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
Chai...oga don sama house rat meat from all angle to d point that he knows its resemblance...tualey.! grin
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Drogunov: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

Thats a grasscutter.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Drogunov: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
lagba04:
Those are called "Auta" in my dialect. They live in a rocky environment.

Its your language. Not a dialect. Yorubas call it Oya. That is a grass cutter. It does not live in rocky environment.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by orgylover: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
It's a rat you bastard
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by orgylover: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Drogunov:

Thats a grasscutter.
there is nothing like grass cutter , that is a rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ThankGodFriday(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nchi
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by JERRYMAG4(m): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

In Yoruba, it is called Owawa or in Ondo state, it is called Ofafa. It barks in the night and at 5am. It lives in hole of a tree. There is another specie that lives in stony mountain. It doesn’t come down from the stone. It is called ewuta in Yoruba. The only difference between owawa and ewuta is that ewuta doesn’t bark and sweeter. I don’t know the English names

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by afamaustin(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ikpukpa
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Those rats I pursue out of my house wey enter bush you want eat! Lassa fever dey everywhere ooh! Be very careful what you eat. Enjoy your meat in peace..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by lucky4west: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
the face no be grasscutter own.....
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Sleekfingers: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

Rats.......
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by shantti(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
O.P that thing na rat oh, just that it has obesity nah im make am big come be like grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Cti28(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!
The pursuit of God
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Cjayboy: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
Na wa oooo..
This animal resemble somebody in Abuja.

Guy, eat with carefulness ooo
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by supereagle(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

From the hands and the eyes, it looks like Owawa in Yoruba, I dont know the English name. Some oeoole call it bush dog because the way it cries in the night. If you open inside, and you see two things that look like breast close to the liver, it is Owawa. This is not g rass cutter.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ultraviolet27(f): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Rock Hyrax it is also Called Ajagbo in Yoruba
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Germi9: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:

So from your own experience you have tasted the house rat
Na wao
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ultraviolet27(f): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
BadRadio:
meerkats
Meerkats in Africa Lols that is Rock Hyrax or Rock Badger Called Ajagbo innmy Ekiti Dialect I don't know what is Called in other Yoruba Dialects and it isn't A Grass cutter also because it has no tail.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by holaralph(m): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is the sweetest bush meat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by tompat86(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
That is ococopolus
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Enyimbamercedes: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Definitely not cane rats… cane rats have a rounded mouth and teeth for cutting… these things you killed have canines. They are definitely not rodents

Cook and eat, when you die from rabies or Ebola … you can ask God what bush meat killed you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market / See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.