Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market (65969 Views)

Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / What I Got As Cutlery In A Lagos Eatery / The N16k Prawn, Plantain Served In A Lagos Hotel (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by SmartPolician: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good evening, Nairalanders.

I hope you people are doing great.
So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

This is what I could buy with over 8k.

Meat = 3k
Veg oil= 4k (King's oil - 2 litres)
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Tomato paste = 500 (5 sachets)
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.

226 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LoveNbeloved(f): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
Is that 3k meat?

245 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Earlystar698(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
Them beat cheat you for meat, ain't buying that meat for 2k,1500 or 1700 and it's will be bigger than yours

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
Do you drink Kings oil in your house.

You spent almost half of your budget to buy Kings Oil grin grin

And you are here complaining about what you bought with 8k

535 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by shortIGBOman: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

The media is not reporting the rate at which we are suffering here.

Agụ na-egbu anyị n'alaIgbo

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by OBoy50: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
shocked
God bless north Central.. chaiii
Meanwhile I concur with what u have said op.... #ONLINE BEGGING Where is that cripple that has been online begging since 2020 with his pictures at home with reverend father and also at the hospital..... Him never well finish?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by AngelicBeing: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by OneCandleAway(f): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
SmartPolician:

So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

Meat = 3k
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.

That meat is too expensive for 3k. Even live chicken (local) is 3,500 or 3,600. That meat shouldn't have been more than 1,500. Except maybe you live in high brow places like the island.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by abobote: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
That your meat no reach 3k.
Just talk say you go market go buy meat and oil, and e no de enough to prepare sauce. No fish, no crayfish, when be say that money can make two pot of sauce.
As you no do economics for school, you for try get girl friend

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by abobote: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

The media is not reporting the rate at which we are suffering here.

Agụ na-egbu anyị n'alaIgbo
Are you kidding me ?
The same Alaigbo I spent 1month with my family, between February and March.
Tell us another joke

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2022
That meat is ok for 3k with today being weekend. Things are getting expensive by the day, its only someone who hasn't visited the market lately that will argue. Enjoy your stew.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nemesis0147(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2022
That meat is 3k here in Abj.
Infact what I’m seeing there is more than 10k here!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by pocohantas(f): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
I think you did well. Everything is very expensive now.

What is the sachet tomatoes for? smiley

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by folake4u(f): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
pocohantas:
I think you did well. Everything is very expensive now.

What is the sachet tomatoes for? smiley

He wan use am cook stew na. grin grin

We know say you nor like tomato puree for stew. cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by iCauseTrouble: 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Why not buy agbado and cassava so that you can start getting used to it now

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by smatt1711: 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Odaveboy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
LoveNbeloved:
Is that 3k meat?
I was about saying this like mehn
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Freelane33(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:

Meat = 3k
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

No lies .
Island worst

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by tlops(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
At least you will not need to buy oil for your next visit

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by twilliamx(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
Earlystar698:
Them beat cheat you for meat, ain't buying that meat for 2k,1500 or 1700 and it's will be bigger than yours
Na people wey go go market dey tell meat seller say make he cut 3k meat instead of them to carry a big chunk and price it. That meat is too damn small for 3k.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by ednut1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nigeria is finished

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Jh0wsef(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nigeria my kwantry
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by ipobarecriminals: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
sad dem Don show u EKO 4 SHOW/THIS IS LAGOS

That meat nah FOREIGN beef undecided? U nor enter market with confam iya Ijebu grin sad?

Dem SCAM u wella

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by GeneralPula: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lies..

That meat shouldn’t be more than 1k..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by donfemo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
Can't believe this is all 8k will get you now in Nigeria. Its pathetic honestly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hmmm refill my 12.5kg cylinder today for #900 per kg thus #11,250 to fill up shocked was counting the money with enuf anger on my mind embarassed I was standing at the gas station for complete 5mins motionless....
By next week I still have to refill another 10kg cylinder that's another 9k if the price still remains at #900 .

Taking the total to #20,250 to fill my two cylinder under a month....

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Honestfrend: 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
I hve done lots of calculations I have come 2 conclusion that it is better 2 eat at a small restaurant than cook it at home..

Although not all food... Food I eat outside. Rice, beans, yam, swallow.

Food I prepare at home noodles, fry eggs n bread, spaghetti, tea n bread..

OP with that ur 8k.. Am ok for 1 week..

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by dyera(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
You exaggerated the cost of preparing a meal by buying 4k oil when N500 oil would have been enough. The total cost of buying the stew ingredients should have been 5k.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by FreeStuffsNG: 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
That vegetable oil is branded and you will not finish it for this meal alone wink
So that is not an N8k meal and those who do not earn aa much as you will cook a similar meal for less. Luckily, apart from the vegetable oil, non of the other ingredients is imported.
There are some folks actually ripping off consumers who are giving them unjustified reason to do so. Government needs to meet with the traders and not warn them against taking advantage of the consumers.

FG, States and LGs must get a food price monitoring task force. I remember that the Buhari-Idiagbon administration had such in place and states like Ogun and Oyo even give standard measures.

The traders should not be allowed to fix price arbitrarily.

Meanwhile, if you want free business ideas and directory of money sources, please check my signature. Cheers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Fapemz: 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by chikason22(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:

Meat = 3k
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

You mean you bought that meat for 3k shocked shockedshockedshocked
Chai the country is finished. That meat is too small for 3k nah.
Affliction will never arise the second time.
Things are getting expensive every blessed day while salary remains the same. It's well with Nigerians cry
I bet that stew might just finish in 5 days undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.