Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? (65978 Views)

How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / See The Animals My Brother Caught Today / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by cherryCola: 8:09am On Dec 30, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!

Retired Young Retired Rich.

Cashflow quadrant.

Business of the twenty first century.

All by Robert Kiyosaki
Before I forget also read "The Richest man in
Babylon" though I don't know the author of the
last book but when you Google it, you will see
the PDF.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by normaman(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2021
That's a mongoose
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Starpro87(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
It's called grass cutter. It's actually one of the best meats ever.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by TheAviator: 10:52am On Dec 31, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Novels and fiction....

Apologies for the delayed reply. I was so occupied. As regards novels, I recommend 'The Forest of a Thousand Daemons' by Wole Soyinka. It's the English translation of Daniel O. Fagunwa's book.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 31, 2021
TheAviator:

Apologies for the delayed reply. I was so occupied. As regards novels, I recommend 'The Forest of a Thousand Daemons' by Wole Soyinka. It's the English translation of Daniel O. Fagunwa's book.
owk thanks. Is it all about ritual killing etc? Cause that what made me stop reading things fall apart by chinua Achebe!

Don't really like books tat has to do with God's and oracle, blood etc..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by evictor305: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
They call it Akika in my village but I don't know the English name. First time i saw it was in a rocky bushy side in my village but we didn't kill it o
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by TheAviator: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hammyaladin:
owk thanks. Is it all about ritual killing etc? Cause that what made me stop reading things fall apart by chinua Achebe!

Don't really like books tat has to do with God's and oracle, blood etc..

It's about brave hunters who deared to enter into a forest hitherto unentered by humans due to fear that the forest is infested by 'spirits.' It's about bravery.

By the way, Things Fall Apart is an interesting book

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by pcagbaji(m): 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluwasaudy:

....lol..na mad man day argue... Zoom the picture and compare it to your so called grass cutter... Just look at the head closely... Then you score yourself .

This bush meat is called owawa in Yoruba...
I day chop am Wella for my school days for oou... E get Hunter way they bring them steady...
It pains me that up till now you don't understand look at that animal closely is nothing but grass cutter you are not living in the village to properly identify grass cutter by you are calling with Yoruba language what's the English name so that we can Google it and you know do comparative analysis

So don't argue bro... This no be grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by pcagbaji(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluwasaudy:

....lol..na mad man day argue... Zoom the picture and compare it to your so called grass cutter... Just look at the head closely... Then you score yourself .

I day chop am Wella for my school days for oou... E get Hunter way they bring them steady...

It pains me that up till now you don't understand look at that animal closely is nothing but grass cutter you are not living in the village to properly identify grass cutter by you are calling with Yoruba language what's the English name so that we can Google it and you know do comparative analysis
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by pcagbaji(m): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluwasaudy:

So you are arguing with me like as if I don't know what I'm saying I'm asking the native name you brought here what is the English name for that animal try to comprehend very well stop coming to online to display your ignorance do proper research before trying to convince people here.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by pcagbaji(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
anyilalaz:

My friend "shut up", you've not tasted grass-cutter's meat before! How dare you compare this special meat with house rat? I go vex for you.
Correct the person you quotes what is the difference between grass cane rat and grass cutter?,

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by anyilalaz: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
pcagbaji:

Correct the person you quotes what is the difference between grass cane rat and grass cutter?,

Don't mind me, more often than not, when we comment, we are just having fun. The house rat stuff got me.

Anyhow, Happy new year.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by DeRay98(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2022
Waffarianman:

Lives in holes in big trees in the forest. Urhobos call it Agwagwa and barks like dogs in the dark. Its English name is HYRAX check Google
Spot on
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by freeDR(m): 5:16am On Mar 23
ultraviolet27:
Rock Hyrax it is also Called Ajagbo in Yoruba
Check your email
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by freeDR(m): 5:35am On Mar 23
ultraviolet27:
Rock Hyrax it is also Called Ajagbo in Yoruba
The rock hyrax is a different species of hyrax. There are about 4 different species. This particular species found in our forests in yoruba land is know as the BENIN TREE HYRAX.
Dendrohyrax interfluvialis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market / See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.