Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,994 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education (1652 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 31, 2021
To be candid, I can marry an uneducated man only on the following conditions.

If he's stinkingly rich.
If I like and love him.
If he's a bornagain.

Any random, average and non-bornagain man with no formal education, is a no no. I mean, wetin I wan take console myself?

All I'm simply saying is having everything balanced out.

I'm out!

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
2kurupt:

Success is not just about the amount of money in your bank account.

[s]Being educated especially tertiary education goes beyond just learning how to read & express yourself. It opens up your mind, makes you exposed and builds your character. That's why University degree certificates say you've been found worthy in "character and learning". No amount of money or maturity gives you these attributes..[/s]

Marriage is a very complex union that the couple must be vibing at very intricate levels, which might be a problem if they're not matched educationally.

Not In Shiiithole Though, Too many Agberos with that yeye and worthless certificate. I Spit on you Zombies.....
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
2kurupt:
It's her choice why argue with her?

Meanwhile I support her because most men in the uneducated category have serious case of insecurity and trust issues when dealing with their educated wives.
That na the only thing you note of the "uneducated/unenlightened" Nigerian mind? undecided
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by 2kurupt(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Not In Shiiithole Though, Too many Agberos with that yeye and worthless certificate. I Spit on you Zombies.....

I am is not the reason for your frustrations in life, get lost. So many kids on this forum nowadays

3 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by 2kurupt(m): 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That na the only thing you note of the "uneducated/unenlightened" Nigerian mind? undecided

If that's all you can deduce from my comment, ok.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2022
2kurupt:

Being educated especially tertiary education goes beyond just learning how to read & express yourself. It opens up your mind, makes you exposed and builds your character. That's why University degree certificates say you've been found worthy in "character and learning". No amount of money or maturity gives you these attributes.

Marriage is a very complex union that the couple must be vibing at very intricate levels, which might be a problem if they're not matched educationally.

Exactly. cool

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Vision101(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2022
@Lamanii22
I never wanted a degree educated man anyway, I have always wanted to be more educated than my husband I don't know why....

@me
So that you will dominate him and be making shakara for him.

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Lamanii22(f): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
Vision101:
@Lamanii22
I never wanted a degree educated man anyway, I have always wanted to be more educated than my husband I don't know why....

@me
So that you will dominate him and be making shakara for him.

No not at all.... There's nothing to it....

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Mariangeles(f): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
No formal education as in non at all?

Well, as long as he's vastly learned, keeps learning, confident, successful, we understand each other and flow conversation wise, why not?
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
Mariangeles:

Well, as long as he's vastly learned, keeps learning, confident, successful, we understand each other and flow conversation wise, why not?

Completely agree!
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by SeaTrade(m): 4:11am On Jan 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How many times has this happened to you with naija folks abeg? undecided

*disclaimer, me sef wey I dey talk, i no be graduate . grin
Not like it matters but he is right.
How do I know?Well, I have no degree and trust me,you really won't notice if I don't tell you.
And I mean in all aspects of life,the whole nine yards.
There's no exposure education can give you that you can't give yourself if you add value to yourself and work through the ranks.
I would love to go back to school,not for societal acceptance but for my love for mathematics and maybe participate in more complex solutions/things asides running a trading enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by SeaTrade(m): 4:25am On Jan 02, 2022
2kurupt:

Being educated especially tertiary education goes beyond just learning how to read & express yourself. It opens up your mind, makes you exposed and builds your character. That's why University degree certificates say you've been found worthy in "character and learning". No amount of money or maturity gives you these attributes.

That "educationally" you talked about does not necessarily translate to holding a degree or classroom curricular activities.
There are some really smart people in this world,degree or no degree.
Money is not a criterion for intelligence as any idiot can make it by chance,true no doubt about that but value and continuity is.
Do you know the kind of strategic thinking,advanced calculations and scheming ,lobbying,interactions it takes to build a succesful enterprise?How many of the so called "literates" can do that?
Have you ever thought to yourself how some supposed "illiterates" run succesful engineering firms and businesses?
Now would you say someone that has built such value chain isn't educated because he has no degree?
Do you know the kind of people he/she mingles with and thr places they've been?
What sort of exposure do you people keep talking about that you can get in school that these people don't have?
The stereotype of seeing the so called "illiterates" as not exposed is really naive if you ask me .

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Jan 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
Not like it matters but he is right.
How do I know?Well, I have no degree and trust me,you really won't notice if I don't tell you.

And I mean in all aspects of life,the whole nine yards.
There's no exposure education can give you that you can't give yourself if you add value to yourself and work through the ranks.
I would love to go back to school,not for societal acceptance but for my love for mathematics and maybe participate in more complex solutions/things asides running a trading enterprise.
You have no formal education - didn't even finish high school- or you just didn't graduate college, which one? undecided
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by SeaTrade(m): 4:49am On Jan 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have no formal education - didn't even finish high school- , , or you just didn't graduate college, which one? undecided
Dropped out at 300l in the university.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Jan 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
Dropped out at 300l in the university.
So you do have some formal education. That's different from what I had asked the other guy about. undecided

By the way, it isn't that reasoning of the average Nigerian graduate is much greater than your typical high-school holder - my opinion. undecided

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Munzy14(m): 6:27am On Jan 02, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Munzy14(m): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2022
Skyview01:

Honestly, it will depend on the connection i have with each of them.

Naturally, i would want to go with the one with education but occasionally, you come accross individuals are exceptional even without a formal education.

I think it will be a case by case basis consideration.
When it comes to man making the choice, Most times you see educated men marrying a good non-educated lady.

But I wouldn't advise a non-educated man to go in with an educated lady...When she is in her female element, one day one day, she will rub it on him...With that statement " I don't blame you, because I agreed to marry you".

Again going tertiary institution comes with certain exposure to navigate life..In this modern times, a lot is needed to swim the waters of life.

Again, lets talk about the social life in school that is extend even after graduation..Imagine the educated lady running into a former coursemate and exchange greetings and hugs, haa!! The non-educated husband will be feeling a bit insecure...

I have experienced this, a lady told me she doesn't Allow men sit in front of car because the husband easily accuse her of having something to do with the man involved... grin smh

When I checked, the guy is a successful guy but no tertiary education, in my mind I said na dem.

Again, there will be limitations to her social functions..We live in Nigeria where anything can be misjudged.

In summary;
Educated Man Vs Educated Lady....Excellent.

Non-educated Man Vs Non-Educated lady...better.

Educated Man Vs Non-Educated lady....Good.

Non-educated Man VS Educated lady....Hmmmmm!!! cheesy Dicy.

2 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Mariangeles(f): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Munzy14:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ngwa kwuo. grin
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Munzy14(m): 11:58am On Jan 02, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ngwa kwuo. grin
I marala ihe m choro ikwu na.. cheesy

Uche gi di mma as a liberal person, mana it doesn't work that way o, Even to 45%....A wu m nwoke, amara nwoke ibe m karia.
In fact ufodu nwoke choro ha jiri degree, ka Nwnunye ha jiri OND ma o wu NCE m, ma okwanu just O'level...

Just few men will allow their woman continue studying and acquire knowledge....Just my my kind though.

Naturally nwoke ahu ga adi go di insecure with udi mmadu gi di free spirited.

Otu a i na eji akparita nkata with guys ebe a freely, nwoke na agahu tertiary won't understand it that way o...O ga eche we ihe ozo...

In short o daba ahu...Unless ma oji ego, ga edi way ufodu omume ya...Mana ishi okwu wuzi ruo ole mgbe grin

Onwe hu kwa ihe kariri partner nwere nghota...The bigger part of life will be lived happier....Ego anahu azuta kwa happiness o..nani nghota ga emeli ya.

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Mariangeles(f): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
Munzy14:

I marala ihe m choro ikwu na.. cheesy

Uche gi di mma as a liberal person, mana it doesn't work that way o, Even to 45%....A wu m nwoke, amara nwoke ibe m karia.
In fact ufodu nwoke choro ha jiri degree, ka Nwnunye ha jiri OND ma o wu NCE m, ma okwanu just O'level...

Just few men will allow their woman continue studying and acquire knowledge....Just my my kind though.

Naturally nwoke ahu ga adi go di insecure with udi mmadu gi di free spirited.

Otu a i na eji akparita nkata with guys ebe a freely, nwoke na agahu tertiary won't understand it that way o...O ga eche we ihe ozo...

In short o daba ahu...Unless ma oji ego, ga edi way ufodu omume ya...Mana ishi okwu wuzi ruo ole mgbe grin

Onwe hu kwa ihe kariri partner nwere nghota...The bigger part of life will be lived happier....Ego anahu azuta kwa happiness o..nani nghota ga emeli ya.

Eeeh?

I didn't think of it this way o. Nsogbu kariri. cheesy
Owu ihe m jiri tinye confidence na the list.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by 2kurupt(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
That "educationally" you talked about does not necessarily translate to holding a degree or classroom curricular activities.
Money is not a criterion for intelligence as any idiot can make it by chance,true no doubt about that but value and continuity is.
Do you know the kind of strategic thinking,advanced calculations and scheming ,lobbying,interactions it takes to build a succesful enterprise?How many of the so called "literates" can do that?
Have you ever thought to yourself how some supposed "illiterates" run succesful engineering firms and businesses?
Now would you say someone that has built such value chain isn't educated because he has no degree?
What sort of exposure do you people keep talking about that you can get in school that these people don't have?
The stereotype of seeing the so called "illiterates" as not exposed is really naive if you ask me .

I understand your stand point but please let's not make it seem like we're undermining the abilities of non-graduates, that's far from what I have in mind. My take is on a person's reasoning and mentality influenced by years of attaining formal education up to tertiary levels. This has its bearing on decision making in marriages and how couples relate with one another.

Like you said in response to someone you have already acquired tertiary education to an extent thus you don't even come close to these category of persons.

Just last December I know a lady who's husband divorced after years of a toxic marriage that was fuelled by the difference in educational status between her and the husband, the man in question is an Omata (don't know if I got the spelling right) as in Igbo land those guys that left for business training early in life as against going to the University. This is just a marriage of less than 6 years with 3 children.

The level of distrust & insecurities by the ex-husband which ultimately ended the marriage would have been avoided if he was up to par with the lady educationally.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Munzy14(m): 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
Mariangeles:

Eeeh?

I didn't think of it this way o. Nsogbu kariri. cheesy
Owu ihe m jiri tinye confidence na the list.
Lol..

Even O nwere agwa o ga akpa eeh, gi abaaa..

Onye no na uwa ugbu a na agahu school, ihe ojoo mere ya...Nowadays people train themselves in school even at an advanced age.

Learning never stops.

Ndi mgbe ahu na agahu school, bia ziri bia gaa ya na okenye just to acquire that knowledge and experience it all...O wu nu mahadum na... cheesy

Uwa emehelee anya o.

For confidence, nke a wunu mgbe aluchara, ka a ga amara level of confidence.

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
SeaTrade:

I absolutely love your reasoning.
Learning can occur outside of the forewalls of a formal institution.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2022
2kurupt:
I understand your stand point but please let's not make it seem like we're undermining the abilities of non-graduates, that's far from what I have in mind. My take is on a person's reasoning and mentality influenced by years of attaining formal education up to tertiary levels. This has its bearing on decision making in marriages and how couples relate with one another.

Like you said in response to someone you have already acquired tertiary education to an extent thus you don't even come close to these category of persons.

Just last December I know a lady who's husband divorced after years of a toxic marriage that was fuelled by the difference in educational status between her and the husband, the man in question is an Omata (don't know if I got the spelling right) as in Igbo land those guys that left for business training early in life as against going to the University. This is just a marriage of less than 6 years with 3 children.

The level of distrust & insecurities by the ex-husband which ultimately ended the marriage would have been avoided if he was up to par with the lady educationally.
Now we are finally talking! undecided
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
Skyview01:
I absolutely love your reasoning.
Learning can occur outside of the forewalls of a formal institution.
No one is saying it can't. The problem is those without some substantial level of formal education - at least some college education in Nigeria - generally struggle to reason at the same level those who do. undecided

You don't find that many exceptional minds walking the streets of Nigeria like you would say the streets streets Japan, Europe or even the U.S. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Nigerian Women Do Encourage Infidelity / See: Identical Twin Sisters Are Married To Identical Twin Brothers,live Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.