Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education (1641 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ok, i had an argument with a lady. She would not marry a guy who is not degree educated even if he is mature, doing well and has a good business and income.

What do you think? Is education such a big deal in marriage?

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by garriAndsugar: 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
It's money and f*ck that matters to them na..
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Ryda(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by debbydams(f): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
It depends
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by longetivity(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
Time to Go on masturbation spree

1 Share

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by SankaraSo: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
angry

If a woman wants an educated Man, that's fine and cool.

That's preference.

In 5 mins time can any Man state his preference with out 200 idiots coming out to insult all Men.

That's very bitter and immature.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Biglittlelois(f): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
No

Preferences differ, same way some men won't marry uneducated women.

5 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Karleb(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Most graduates, male or female wish to and will eventually marry a graduate.

If you want to marry a graduate, try to be a graduate first. It's really important.

This is coming from, you know, a graduate. grin

No hard feelings. It's just how it is.

4 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
debbydams:
It depends

Depends on what if you care share.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by debbydams(f): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:

Depends on what if you care share.
circumstances that made him not to be educated, and if he's a good person, and I find peace with him I don't have any problem..

2 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:
Most graduates, male or female wish to and will eventually marry a graduate.

If you want to marry a graduate, try to be a graduate first. It's really important.

This is coming from, you know, a graduate. grin

No hard feelings. It's just how it is.

What about we look at the big picture, we ask ourselves, why did we go to school to get a degree. Some will agree with me that the purpose is to build a successful life.

Now, for this guy is smart enough to build and run a successful business.

I wouldn't call him an illiterate because he would have to he financially literate to succeed at a business.

I have also seen a lot of degree educated folks a who are functional illiterates.

Guys. ladies. What do you think.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
debbydams:
circumstances that made him not to be educated, and if he's a good person, and I find peace with him I don't have any problem..

I agree with you. Plus, education in Nigeria seems to be grossly overrated.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by debbydams(f): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:

I agree with you. Plus, education in Nigeria seems to be grossly overrated.
u are right
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Wondermumsy(f): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Why not.if he is a good person and is capable of taking good care of me then why not
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Karleb(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:

What about we look at the big picture, we ask ourselves, why did we go to school to get a degree. Some will agree with me that the purpose is to build a successful life.

I wouldn't call him an illiterate because he would have to he financially literate to succeed at a business.

I have also seen a lot of degree educated folks a who are functional illiterates.

I don’t even call them illiterate, I prefer "not graduates" or non-graduates.

We often think the reason for going to school is to learn to read and write but there is more even if some don't agree, school especially higher institutions exposes us to a lot an average non graduate might never get to experience.

It explains why most graduates are more coordinated compared to most non-graduates. I'm not just saying it because I'm a graduate, it's what I have experienced.

Successful life and successful business isn't exactly the same thing and I believe we go to school to gain knowledge and exposure.

I said most graduates and not all graduates, there are a lot of graduates that will still marry non graduates whether rich or poor.

Of course, there are some graduates that behaves like illiterates and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:

I don’t even call them illiterate, I prefer "not graduates" or non-graduates.

We often think the reason for going to school is to learn to read and write but there is more even if some don't agree, school especially higher institutions exposes us to a lot an average non graduate might never get to experience.

It explains why most graduates are more coordinated compared to most non-graduates. I'm not just saying it because I'm a graduate, it's what I have experienced.

Successful life and successful business isn't exactly the same thing and I believe we go to school to gain knowledge and exposure.

I said most graduates and not all graduates, there are a lot of graduates that will still marry non graduates whether rich or poor.

Of course, there are some graduates that behaves like illiterates and vice versa.

On point.

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Karleb(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:

On point.

Bros, let me ask you this honest question and I want you to answer sincerely ;

If you are to choose between two good ladies, these two ladies are wonderful in character, they have a good job, good life, beautiful, humble but one is a graduate and the other isn't, whom would you marry?
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:

Bros, let me ask you this honest question and I want you to answer sincerely ;

If you are to choose between two good ladies, these two ladies are wonderful in character, they have a good job, good life, beautiful, humble but one is a graduate and the other isn't, whom would you marry?

Honestly, it will depend on the connection i have with each of them.

Naturally, i would want to go with the one with education but occasionally, you come accross individuals are exceptional even without a formal education.

I think it will be a case by case basis consideration.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:
Ok, i had an argument with a lady. She would not marry a guy who is not degree educated even if he is mature, doing well and has a good business and income.

Considering the Nigerian level of reasoning, I wouldn't recommend any woman attempt it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:

Naturally, i would want to go with the one with education but occasionally, you come accross individuals are exceptional even without a formal education.
How many times has this happened to you with naija folks abeg? undecided

*disclaimer, me sef wey I dey talk, i no be graduate . grin
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Karleb(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
Skyview01:

You've answered correctly! cheesy

From experience though, most graduates always feel superior to non-graduates and most non-graduates feel inferior to graduates. It validates that knowledge is power.

I for one could marry a non-graduate, provided she's ready to go back to school.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Karleb(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How many times has this happened to you with naija folks abeg? undecided

*disclaimer, me sef wey I dey talk, i no be graduate . grin

I have seen o, although not so frequent sha. Even in midst of stark illiterates, there are still non-graduates that stand out.
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Karleb:
I have seen o, although not so frequent sha. Even in midst of stark illiterates, there are still non-graduates that stand out.
Stand out in what sense? undecided

And by non-graduates, do you mean college dropouts or ged-holders? undecided
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
It depends on one's preference though,at a time I thought it didn't matter until an experience changed my mind.The one I dated briefly,very brief(my first relationship) grin had a formal education but not up to a degree level and wanted to go back to school when the time was right.

I then realised that I am a sapiosexual person and I know that intelligence mustn't be book related but then sometimes education helps us to have exposure,he didn't have that and I found out that when it came to intellectual discussions on any particular field it was zero input from him.Maybe if he had put in effort to at least learn a few things on the internet it wouldn't have been a big deal because I learn everyday and some of the things I know I didn't know it because of my degree but he wasn't like that.

Then I realised that I can't date not to even talk of marrying a man without a degree,I ain't stopping at one degree minimum of two is my ambition and I could even go further if my priorities and plans would let me I prefer a man who is in that place with me(in terms of education) cheesy
No formal education at all is a NO NO.

So for my preference it matters,it doesn't matter to some people and they are just going on fine,but I love anything book related and someone who is a polymath/philomath in STEM related fields it intrigues me and such a man has to have a degree to be knowledgeable in that aspect so no I can't marry a man without a formal education because such a man would not meet my area of interest and what I call fancy because it is one area I love discussing about and sharing ideas.

I like nerds(not in the derogatory sense) don't blame me grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by mardis: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
Welll, it depends. If he is uneducated and pocket loaded, i can manage otherwise nooo i beg. You can be uneducated and unfortunate at the same time. Two wrongs don't make a right. Let one deal with one at a time biko
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by faithfull18(f): 7:59am On Dec 30, 2021
No wink
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Dec 31, 2021
faithfull18:
No wink
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Lamanii22(f): 2:45am On Dec 31, 2021
I never wanted a degree educated man anyway, I have always wanted to be more educated than my husband I don't know why....

1 Like

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by sisisioge: 6:18am On Dec 31, 2021
Hmmmmm....education is very important my brother. Whether its formal or informal o, it is extremely important that one partners with another who is able to understand and communicate with one. They said formal education only contributes to about 10% of our learning, so even if the dude no get degree, he must get an ample portion of the other 90% plus a sizeable part of this 10%. Essentially, we must both be bright.

By the way, most of the great men we know today did not even finish school, they were too bright to sit it out. And you see a lot of people with the certificate and wonder who issued them grin.

2 Likes

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by 2kurupt(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2021
Skyview01:

It's her choice why argue with her?

Meanwhile I support her because most men in the uneducated category have serious case of insecurity and trust issues when dealing with their educated wives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by 2kurupt(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Skyview01:

Success is not just about the amount of money in your bank account.

Being educated especially tertiary education goes beyond just learning how to read & express yourself. It opens up your mind, makes you exposed and builds your character. That's why University degree certificates say you've been found worthy in "character and learning". No amount of money or maturity gives you these attributes.

Marriage is a very complex union that the couple must be vibing at very intricate levels, which might be a problem if they're not matched educationally.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education by Dailyparrot: 9:06am On Dec 31, 2021
Lamanii22:
I never wanted a degree educated man anyway, I have always wanted to be more educated than my husband I don't know why....

I noticed some ladies fall into the category you are. They prefer a man that gets fascinated over a little thing unlike an educated man that you will really do more to impress.

My wife can hardly intrigue me with academics or news because I am more updated than most girls I meet.

I don't know where to classify your type of girl but it seems to be coming from the angle of having something that you are better than your husband for.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice To Your Childless Brother Who Is The Only Son In Your Family. / Ladies, Sex Isn't Love! You Can't Give Him Your Body Just To Make Him Love You. / Did I Made Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.