Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? (29243 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than Educated Ones / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2023
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by izonborn098(m): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2023
First marriage is not for two strict people, one has to fall mugu or better still overlook and accept many things.
A graduate is more advance and have some white man mentality because they are educated and can read whatever both online and offline while am uneducated woman has am africa mentality which she knows the man is the head of the house, she can accept many of his mistakes just as u forgive ur children of their mistakes but am educated wife take everything serious because of pride and entitle mentality there by competing with her husband.
You can take advantage of ur uneducated wife in so many occasions compared to the educated one.
If u have an uneducated women who is business minded and has understanding then just open business for her and have a happy family e.g orhobo and igbo women are very good examples, while an educated working woman will some times prefer her work more than the marriage all because she want to be dependent.
Op their are more but just

450 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Lawalemi(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Na oversabi dey kill them

192 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by taylor89(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2023
kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2023
Lawalemi:
Na oversabi dey kill them
How? The oversabi(educated) should be the reason to make it last long but it always turn out the other ways.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Xscape1993(m): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2023
Education is quite different from good behaviour.

183 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 18, 2023
Xscape1993:
Education is quite different from good behaviour.
Does education makes people have bad behavior?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kooldon(f): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2023
Yes they are not educated and tends to behave naturally

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Xscape1993(m): 9:48am On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
That is not my point. My point is that some people are educated, but no good behaviour or attitude to last long in marriages. Simple.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 18, 2023
Xscape1993:
That is not my point. My point is that some people are educated, but no good behaviour or attitude to last long in marriages. Simple.
That means we have more of educated people with bad behavior going by my topic

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Xscape1993(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
That means we have more of educated people with bad behavior going by my topic
If you look at the rate of failed marriages in our society today, you will know that education has nothing to with successful marriages, but good morals do.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Jozilinn: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2023
Pride too much and see finish

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by talented321: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2023
izonborn098:
First marriage is not for two strict people, one has to fall mugu or better still overlook and accept many things.
A graduate is more advance and have some white man mentality because they are educated and can read whatever both online and offline while am uneducated woman has am africa mentality which she knows the man is the head of the house, she can accept many of his mistakes just as u forgive ur children of their mistakes but am educated wife take everything serious because of pride and entitle mentality there by competing with her husband.
You can take advantage of ur uneducated wife in so many occasions compared to the educated one.
If u have an uneducated women who is business minded and has understanding then just open business for her and have a happy family e.g orhobo and igbo women are very good examples, while an educated working woman will some times prefer her work more than the marriage all because she want to be dependent.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by talented321: 10:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Being educated does not mean you have understand what is call life fully, u can only understand life through experience.
And the worst many educated women are full of pride and entitlement mentality.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Origin(f): 11:04am On Jul 18, 2023
Abeg carry your myopic world view away from here. So many uneducated ladies with 2-3 prior marriages but you are using famous divorces to judge.

And in this archaic and myopic view you all believe that divorces are caused by women? That marriage successes are based on the efforts of the wife....

That Mr A will read and it is Mr B that will pass the exams? That as educated as you are you would base the success of a marriage on an uneducated woman. Or that you would choose an uneducated woman as the mother of your kids.

I love all women in whatever shapes they come and would hope that even if one falls for an uneducated woman one would do their utmost to make them educated.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
izonborn098:
Good points, but it seems you are indirectly saying education has a negative impact on women in regards to marriage

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by izonborn098(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Not all, but majority has entitle broblem
IconicR:
Good points, but it seems you are indirectly saying education has a negative impact on women in regards to marriage

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dalass(f): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
I actually feel that the marriages of uneducated people don't last. The marriages of educated people are usually done properly and each mostly have their jobs and sources of livelihood.

Whereas those uneducated people mostly get married and the girl/ lady who is the wife to be usually have nothing doing financially so is a liability or is earning peanuts with many kids. I have seen husbands just picking up few stuffs and leaving the homes for the wife and kids when the burden almost chokes the life of the man who himself is probably an artisan or gateman undecided undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Make una dey get sense o, education has nothing to do with failed marriages.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
First, you are making an unsubstantiated claim! What is your source ?

Secondly, you are free to go to the village and marry an illiterate mgbeke girl, give birth to mgbeke children and wait for your marriage to last out.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
■ Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?
Where you take see them? Did you know that marriage/spousal abandonments --- the Nigerian norm as far as divorce ---- happens more to uneducated women than to educated ones in marriage? And are you aware that right there in Nigeria, the abandonment rate is as high as divorce rates in advanced countries. ---could be even higher since we don't really track these things much in the country. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by frozen70(f): 2:33am On Jul 21, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?

The non educated ones don't have standards so they accept any thing that comes around and don't usually argue because they are not educated enough to start arguing on what they don't know about. They plan on what they nerd to sustain each day because of their financial capacity.
Inflation and economics situation is not what they should be arguing about because they don't know the indices

The educated ones claim to know everything and already know what they want base on their class and levels
So they will always argue because each other knows what the other one is upto

So when they don't accomplish any target it will be a subject of arguments why it failed and they will blame each other with valid point and still go back to put it right
They are conscious of the economic situations and don't want to drop from their standards as it will affect thier status
So their will always be an argument because one claims to know more than the other

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by talented321: 4:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Who told u all uneducated people are poor' and how much is the salary of a graduate compare to legit business men&women
frozen70:

They plan on what they need to sustain each day because of their financial capacity.
Inflation and economics situation
can
two people who claim to know everything be able live in peace?'
The educated ones claim to know everything and already know what they want base on their class and levels

na who tell u this one' do u know the consequences of unnecessary argument
So when they don't accomplish any target it will be a subject of arguments why it failed and they will blame each other with valid point and still go back to put it right
and who told u uneducated people are not aware of economic situation. Now read this ur last statement whether such union/friendship will last

So their will always be an argument because one claims to know more than the other

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by henrimoto(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2023
IconicR:
Pride! Pride !! Pride !!! There is an iota of pride that is attached with some Educated persons. They find it difficult to let go, tolerate, Endure , can't be submissive to an extent.

What do you expect?

"Yes Sir!" No dey cause quarrell.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by ahnie: 7:46am On Jul 21, 2023
Here to read the lies

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by talented321: 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
U should have explain ur topic better' the question is two educated people and not one educated to non educated.
1.75% or more marriages in nigeria are uneducated that is why we always see divorce of uneducated marriage compared to the few educated marriage.
2. Many eneducated couples marry early compare to the educated who marry late 30s or late 40s' it is very difficulty for early marriage to last but still yet many of them last.
3.people will come here to say uneducated people are poor' i don't know if they are talking about the few ones living in the village because i know the salary of grade 8 to 15 or 17 in nigeria and that money is not to be compared to legit business woman or man' my aunt and husband are good examples who have made millions without going to any university.
So when next explain you topics well
IconicR:

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2023
talented321:
U should have explain ur topic better' the question is two educated people and not one educated to non educated.
1.75% or more marriages in nigeria are uneducated that is why we always see divorce of uneducated marriage compared to the few educated marriage.
2. Many eneducated couples marry early compare to the educated who marry late 30s or late 40s' it is very difficulty for early marriage to last but still yet many of them last.
3.people will come here to say uneducated people are poor' i don't know if they are talking about the few ones living in the village because i know the salary of grade 8 to 15 or 17 in nigeria and that money is not to be compared to legit business woman or man' my aunt and husband are good examples who have made millions without going to any university.
So when next explain you topics well
Ok thank you sir. Kpese
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Hathor5(f): 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
Unfortunately, I could not find any data for Nigeria but a quick google search will show you that in Western countries the divorce rate is higher for the poor, uneducated and unskilled.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by rockyh(m): 4:01am On Aug 06, 2023
izonborn098:
An unsubmissive lady whether educated or not is the major reason for divorce from a man's perceptive.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Aug 06, 2023
rockyh:
■ An unsubmissive lady whether educated or not is the major reason for divorce from a man's perceptive.
Glad to know that you are aware it does not really reflect the reality of things. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by starstaz(m): 6:30am On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

GM,
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 02, 2023
starstaz:

GM, Bb
GM
How are you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Chases His Wife Out For Allegedly Calling Him An Animal In Public (vid) / What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / Don't Become The Family ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.