Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? (665 Views)

Men With Poor Taste In Women: This Is What Beautiful Dark Skin Girls Look Like / Black Is Beautiful: Meet Busty Ghanian Dark Skin Lady That Broke The Internet. / Bleeching Out Beautiful Dark Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hello nairalanders, I just saw an entertainment news headline where Tboss said dark skinned girls are jealous of light skinned girls and in the comment section a lot of dark skinned girls were saying they are usually refused ushering jobs because they aren't light skinned. And that they are more discriminated because they are dark skinned.

Has this happened to any nairalander before? Please share your experiences irrespective of gender or job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
Are you dark skinned?
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by MufasaLion: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
Light skin girls or nothing.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Okonandmary:
Are you dark skinned?

Haven't you seen my dp?
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
MufasaLion:

So your forefathers fought for independence from white people only for you to come and be talking this nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by MufasaLion: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:

So your forefathers fought for independence from white people only for you to come and be talking this nonsense

Don't be too swallow minded. There's what we call preference. Don't be in haste to always bring up some colonialism shit! That ain't what we discussing here.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by posty56: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
no I am Nigerian unless na for people wey dey abroad

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:
Preferences, Siofra. smiley H* has not denigrated dark-skinned ladies, so I think that is well within his rights. And the comment might have nothing to do with the topic, but some of us dey comment like that sometimes sha, lol.

posty56:
no I am Nigerian unless na for people wey dey abroad
Does being Nigerian exclude one from such treatments? Even Nigerians face tribalism in different states, so why won't dark-/light- skinned women face colorism over here in some places?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Theboy21: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Light skin girls everyday cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by loadedvibes: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Light skinned girls are more attractive and better suited for some roles . But these days some dark skinned girls dey burst person head.

Additionally as some extra thoughts I like to think the problem we have is that the gadgets like cameras we have and use were made by the white man so naturally I expect that the gadgets be biased.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by HRSweetness(f): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:
Hello nairalanders, I just saw an entertainment news headline where Tboss said dark skinned girls are jealous of light skinned girls and in the comment section a lot of dark skinned girls were saying they are usually refused ushering jobs because they aren't light skinned. And that they are more discriminated because they are dark skinned.

Has this happened to any nairalander before? Please share your experiences irrespective of gender or job.

I find it amusing that Africans are discriminated against by other Africans on the basis of their skin color. That is not only hilarious but some deep insecurity by the perpetrator.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Stargurl20(f): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
siofra:

Respect everyone's choices, aunty.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by posty56: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Preferences, Siofra. smiley H* has not denigrated dark-skinned ladies, so I think that is well within his rights. And the comment might have nothing to do with the topic, but some of us dey comment like that sometimes sha, lol.

Does being Nigerian exclude one from such treatments? Even Nigerians face tribalism in different states, so why won't dark-/light- skinned women face colorism over here in some places?
tribalism and favoritism is a different matter , women/men (I don't know why you men),I guess the employer might be suffering from inferiority complex (especially female employers).
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
posty56:
tribalism and favoritism is a different matter , women/men (I don't know why you men),I guess the employer might be suffering from inferiority complex (especially female employers).

?? ?? What are you saying?

You said being a Nigerian (should) preclude(s) you from colorism, not so?

If as a Nigerian, you experience tribalism in some places, why then should you not experience colorism as a Nigerian/black person living in Nigeria? I never said tribalism, favoritism and colorism are the same thing; I am saying as a Nigerian, you can experience all. UNDERSTOOD?

Note that YOU made the first mention of gender ever in this discussion, and attempted to bring in gender sentiments. Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by posty56: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

If as a Nigerian, you experience tribalism in some places, why then should you not experience colorism as a Nigerian/black person living in Nigeria? I never said tribalism, favoritism and colorism are the same thing; I am saying as a Nigerian, you can experience all. UNDERSTOOD?

Note that YOU made the first mention of gender ever in this discussion, and attempted to bring in gender sentiments. Okay.
ok I understand, but no they shout for me I no be your mate , anyways , albinos are the only ones that I have seen that truly suffered discrimination base on their colour.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by posty56: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

ok I understand, but no they shout for me I no be your mate , anyways , albinos are the only ones that I have seen that truly suffered discrimination base on their colour, but I tell you colorism isn't rampant , I mean almost all Nigerians are blacks.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Afamsi: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
Me I think it depends on the job she is seeking and the preference of the employers

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
MufasaLion:

Don't be too swallow minded. There's what we call preference. Don't be in haste to always bring up some colonialism shit! That ain't what we discussing here.

I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me imagine why you would prefer light skins over dark skins or dark skins over light skins. I don't understand and I can't relate.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

True sha! but I still don't understand it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Stargurl20:

Respect everyone's choices, aunty.

Okay.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by siofra(f): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2021
Afamsi:
Me I think it depends on the job she is seeking and the preference of the employers

But it isn't okay.
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by MufasaLion: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2021
siofra:

I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me imagine why you would prefer light skins over dark skins or dark skins over light skins. I don't understand and I can't relate.

I prefer light skin and I don't need you to understand. All I want you to do is respect people's choice.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Cousin9999: 12:28am On Dec 30, 2021
Op is a troll.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Afamsi: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2021
siofra:

But it isn't okay.
Yea, just like the jobs are not usually decent
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2021
siofra:
True sha! but I still don't understand it.

Yeah. I agree. For some people, it's simply self-hatred manifesting.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by gistray: 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
Are you still A virgin?
Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cousin9999:
Op is a troll.

Sometimes, yes. And she created a sensible thread, likely to draw intelligent engagements. I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive, especially as they haven't trolled any one (or men) on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Refused A Job Because Of Your Dark Skin? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

One of the reason why i kick a dark skinned girl with my rain boot.

Damn.. Nasty... I'm outta here grin

(1) (Reply)

Having An Innocent Face Vs Guilt Looking One / Guys Do You Hate Like Thumb. / 10 Ways To Know If Someone Has A Crush On You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.