Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,241 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Please Judge This Case - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Judge This Case (557 Views)

Babe Insists Her Toaster Is Finer Than Her Guy, Please Judge / Please Judge If Am Being Wicked. / Please Judge Am I The Fool Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Judge This Case by AltMonk1: 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hello Romancelanders,

This may be a bit lengthy, a apologize.

Please help me judge this case between my girlfriend and me, cos I don't see any wrong in what I did, but let me hear your opinions.

So I have been dating this lady for 3 years now, she is pretty and all, she sometimes has character issues but comes back to apologize later, I plan on marrying her in the nearest future, so in an attempt to get her familiar with my family, I decided we should go for the holidays in my state, and we agreed she was going to stay at my elder sisters place whom she knows as they have been communicating on phone for over a year already, so they are quite familiar with each other. We went and all was fine the first night, her husband welcomed us, gave my girlfriend a whole room to herself, we chatted a bit and I left to where I was to stay.

Now the problem started on the night of the second day, I went to see her and we even went out to the park where we had a good time, after we came back home, we were chatting with my sister and she was telling me of how she woke up and everywhere was cleaned and the plates were washed and all, and she even said she was going to miss my girlfriend when she leaves, I was seeing it as an approval, and as we were chatting, my sister offered us food, we both ate together and she asked us to get more if we wanted, but I was full already, so as we were speaking, my girlfriend said she wanted to eat bread, so I teased her a bit about her crazy love for bread, till the extent her mum told me not to give her bread, like, I can buy a whole N500 loaf of bread and not eat a quarter of it, but it will be finished before the day runs out, despite that, my sister was saying I should buy her the bread, she too wanted to eat from it as the remaining bread there was for her husband as he loves to take tea when he comes back from the office, already, my girlfriend ate a part of the bread earlier in the day, and the remaining was what she left for her husband, so I told my girlfriend all that my sister said and said we were going to buy another bread, my sister showed us where they sell, we went there but no one was there to attend to us even after we waited a little, we decided to go home and try later.

I decided to spend more time there knowing fully well that Marwa/Keke stops working by 6 pm, and getting a normal cab is usually difficult, so I used bolt to return home, on getting home, I decided to call my sister to let her know I have arrived safely, and wanted to speak to my girlfriend as her number was not going through, as we were talking, my sister just jokingly told me that I gave my girlfriend an assignment to buy bread this late, and I was like, why didn't she wait till the next day to buy it? must she get it that night? so that was when my sister told me that my girlfriend ate the same bread I told her was for my sister's husband and she wanted to replace it but still did not get bread as most bakeries are on break and the one close by was not responding. I got annoyed and asked to speak to my girlfriend, my elder sister begged me not to make a case out of it and it was nothing as she was sure her husband will understand. she literary explained to my gf that they are spending a lot on her child's dedication coming up in a few days and she did not want to disturb her husband about buying bread when he is returning as she is trying to be considerate, this is a house stocked with food, cooked and uncooked, even she told me that herself.

I asked my gf, not in a loud voice but making sure my displeasure is passed in my tone, why she ate a bread I told her was for the husband? she said she was sorry and gave my sister the phone and left to her room. I sent her a message on WhatsApp at first trying to make her understand that I was not in any way yelling but was not happy about the situation, but she was not replying to my WhatsApp message, I called her but she refused to pick, so I called my sister back and asked to speak to my gf, that was when she was calling her to come take the phone, but this girl refused to answer her, she called severally but she refused to answer, I felt embarrassed and ashamed of my self, I apologized to my sister and promised to come sort it out the next day, after that, I was angry and texted my girlfriend about how her attitude this night has been terrible and she wanted to spoil 3 years of her life because of a N200 loaf of bread, and if she wants to embarrass me, I will book a ticket for her to return the very next day, and replied me with 'Please do what pleases you.'

Fast forward to this morning, I called my sister to find out if they settled and she told me my girlfriend was still giving her attitude as at this morning, I don't know if what I did was wrong but I need you all to be blunt in your advice, I will be sending her this link to see peoples opinion of her behavior.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala
Re: Please Judge This Case by Bola146(f): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
3 years and still planning to marry her in future grin grin grin wahala grin grin grin

when? 90% of wahala here are girlfriends and boyfriends! haba! We need to get a good marriage and counseling coach to enlighten we youths here how to do in courtship or weekly questions and answers embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Please Judge This Case by EzegeNdiigbo: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
Someone should summarize for us joor
Re: Please Judge This Case by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
grin grin

“As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take this and eat it, for this is my body.”
Re: Please Judge This Case by FanOfMyself: 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2021
She's a glutton and someone that doesn't like to be corrected. Pride of life

2 Likes

Re: Please Judge This Case by neoG(f): 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
This issue get as e be. Am not really supporting your girlfriend but I think your elder sister and you are over flogging this common bread issue.

There are better ways to pass the message that she would not have tried what she did again. She is you guys guest. Don't forget that.

It is better a lady is her real self and your family knows her for whom she is than having the one that is like heaven's perfection and when married into the family, she turns to a devil.

Don't throw away a 3 year old relationship because of bread that she ate. Just one word and silence from your part and your sis for don borrow am sense and that's all.

AltMonk1:
Hello Romancelanders,

Please help me judge this case between my girlfriend and me, cos I don't see any wrong in what I did, but let me hear your opinions.

So I have been dating this lady for 3 years now, she is pretty and all, she sometimes has character issues but comes back to apologize later, I plan on marrying her in the nearest future, so in an attempt to get her familiar with my family, I decided we should go for the holidays in my state, and we agreed she was going to stay at my elder sisters place whom she knows as they have been communicating on phone for over a year already, so they are quite familiar with each other. We went and all was fine the first night, her husband welcomed us, gave my girlfriend a whole room to herself, we chatted a bit and I left to where I was to stay.

Now the problem started on the night of the second day, I went to see her and we even went out to the park where we had a good time, after we came back home, we were chatting with my sister and she was telling me of how she woke up and everywhere was cleaned and the plates were washed and all, and she even said she was going to miss my girlfriend when she leaves, I was seeing it as an approval, and as we were chatting, my sister offered us food, we both ate together and she asked us to get more if we wanted, but I was full already, so as we were speaking, my girlfriend said she wanted to eat bread, so I teased her a bit about her crazy love for bread, till the extent her mum told me not to give her bread, like, I can buy a whole N500 loaf of bread and not eat a quarter of it, but it will be finished before the day runs out, despite that, my sister was saying I should buy her the bread, she too wanted to eat from it as the remaining bread there was for her husband as he loves to take tea when he comes back from the office, already, my girlfriend ate a part of the bread earlier in the day, and the remaining was what she left for her husband, so I told my girlfriend all that my sister said and said we were going to buy another bread, my sister showed us where they sell, we went there but no one was there to attend to us even after we waited a little, we decided to go home and try later.

I decided to spend more time there knowing fully well that Marwa/Keke stops working by 6 pm, and getting a normal cab is usually difficult, so I used bolt to return home, on getting home, I decided to call my sister to let her know I have arrived safely, and wanted to speak to my girlfriend as her number was not going through, as we were talking, my sister just jokingly told me that I gave my girlfriend an assignment to buy bread this late, and I was like, why didn't she wait till the next day to buy it? must she get it that night? so that was when my sister told me that my girlfriend ate the same bread I told her was for my sister's husband and she wanted to replace it but still did not get bread as most bakeries are on break and the one close by was not responding. I got annoyed and asked to speak to my girlfriend, I asked her, not in a loud voice but making sure my displeasure is passed in my tone, why she ate a bread I told her was for the husband? she said she was sorry and gave my sister the phone and left to her room. I sent her a message on WhatsApp at first trying to make her understand that I was not in any way yelling but was not happy about the situation, but she was not replying to my WhatsApp message, I called her but she refused to pick, so I called my sister back and asked to speak to my gf, that was when she was calling her to come take the phone, but this girl refused to answer her, she called severally but she refused to answer, I felt embarrassed and ashamed of my self, I apologized to my sister and promised to come sort it out the next day, after that, I was angry and texted my girlfriend about how her attitude this night has been terrible and she wanted to spoil 3 years of her life because of a N200 loaf of bread, and if she wants to embarrass me, I will book a ticket for her to return the very next day, and replied me with 'Please do what pleases you.'

Fast forward to this morning, I called my sister to find out if they settled and she told me my girlfriend was still giving her attitude as at this morning, I don't know if what I did was wrong but I need you all to be blunt in your advice, I will be sending her this link to see peoples opinion of her behavior.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Please Judge This Case by Freestainworld(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
Abeg allow us enter 2022 in peace, buy a trailer load of bread for her, case close.
Re: Please Judge This Case by FalseProphet1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
That girl is a glutton a selfish and heartless person, marry her at your own peril.

If you told her not to eat a bread meant for the husband of your sister whose house she's staying, and she went ahead to eat it, believe me there's nothing you tell her in that marriage that she'll listen to.

And she wasn't even sober for what she did, she even threatened you to do whatever you please.

If you marry her, I see you dying before your time.

This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: Please Judge This Case by AltMonk1: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
neoG:
This issue get as e be. Am not really supporting your girlfriend but I think your elder sister and you are over flogging this common bread issue.

There are better ways to pass the message that she would not have tried what she did again. She is you guys guest. Don't forget that.

It is better a lady is her real self and your family knows her for whom she is than having the one that is like heaven's perfection and when married into the family, she turns to a devil.

Don't throw away a 3 year old relationship because of bread that she ate. Just one word and silence from your part and your sis for don borrow am sense and that's all.

I forgot to mention that my elder sister begged me not to make a case out of it and it was nothing, as she was sure her husband will understand. she literary explained to her that they are spending a lot on her child's dedication coming up in a few days and she did not want to disturb her husband about buying bread when he is returning as she is trying to be considerate, but I feel she should be more understanding on issues like this, this is a house stocked with food, cooked and uncooked, even she told me that herself.
Re: Please Judge This Case by AltMonk1: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bola146:
3 years and still planning to marry her in future grin grin grin wahala grin grin grin

when? 90% of wahala here are girlfriends and boyfriends! haba! We need to get a good marriage and counseling coach to enlighten we youths here how to do in courtship or weekly questions and answers embarassed embarassed

She is a student and I do not want to get married to a student, I want her to finish schooling without scandals before anything, e get why.
Re: Please Judge This Case by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2021

1 Like

Re: Please Judge This Case by heniford2: 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dude that girl did nothing wrong common bread and she's not faking her life 4 u guyman this thing nobi issues naw kia! Reason am naw ur visitor chop bread and ur aware bread be her turn up stuff, just relax you nd ur sis should chill oh! No use ur hand spoil better baby oh Relationship
Re: Please Judge This Case by Kriss216: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bola146:

I suggest Seun should create a Section, specifically for Boyfriend and Girlfriend brouhaha.

OP, i still don't understand why you have to bring your sister and her husband into boyfriend and girlfriend matter. Grow up and stop acting like a sissy. Your girlfriend has every right to be angry with you.

After eating the bread, she even went out at night to replace the bread, why asking her about bread on phone? She felt embarrassed and disgraced.

Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Please Judge This Case by neoG(f): 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
Yes I get what you mean. She is absolutely wrong for doing what she did. In fact she doesn't know that she dey fall her hand in front of her proposed in-laws to be.
But like I said there would have better ways and choice of words that you should have used to tackle the matter.
So take her for a nice stroll, communicate better your dissatisfaction towards her attitude, let her know that your sis was not part of this and finally apologise too. [author=AltMonk1 post=108961143]I forgot to mention that my elder sister begged me not to make a case out of it and it was nothing, as she was sure her husband will understand. she literary explained to her that they are spending a lot on her child's dedication coming up in a few days and she did not want to disturb her husband about buying bread when he is returning as she is trying to be considerate, but I feel she should be more understanding on issues like this, this is a house stocked with food, cooked and uncooked, even she told me that herself.[/quote]
Re: Please Judge This Case by Born2winKingOG: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
heniford2:
Dude that girl did nothing wrong common bread and she's not faking her life 4 u guyman this thing nobi issues naw kia! Reason am naw ur visitor chop bread and ur aware bread be her turn up stuff, just relax you nd ur sis should chill oh! No use ur hand spoil better baby oh Relationship
simp assx nigga.

is that her father's house?

if she won chop bread why she nor buy come from road as they were travelling like 5 loafs.

so that she go chop bread belle full.

glutton she is

consumer

hungry biatch
Re: Please Judge This Case by Ocholu: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
Let me be real with you OP;

Why you too de talk talk??
1. Your girlfriend is your guest
2. You know that your girlfriend loves eating bread

And you went ahead to buy only bread of N200. Haba now! You for buy your girlfriend her own, then the family theirs.

You're coming off as a stingy man oh. Even though your girlfriend reaction may be off too, you should no a better way of tackling issues even before it happens.
Re: Please Judge This Case by heniford2: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2021
Born2winKingOG:

simp assx nigga.

is that her father's house?

if she won chop bread why she nor buy come from road as they were travelling like 5 loafs.

so that she go chop bread belle full.

glutton she is

consumer

hungry biatch
shut dafuckup simp kill u dia nobi visitor she be abi u crazy join head d dude talk say da bae too like bread base on waiting d bae mama reason him as a visitor she be and person way wan be free make she leave a fake life see eeh if you dey close to me here i 4 done slap u useless face with this ur "simp statement " abi u just join Nairaland new choose ur level oh b4 ogoni go burst ur head undecided undecided everything nobi Simp oh! Even ubanji and co d use dem head correct u stupid boy
Re: Please Judge This Case by ojun50(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
Woman problem pass devil own
Re: Please Judge This Case by samwillyco1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
See trouble
Re: Please Judge This Case by depato88(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Some People commenting above are talking rubbish, I wonder if they read what you posted. She loves bread doesn't mean she should be selfish and inconsiderate, it's little things like this that exposes one's character, attitude etc
Take this as a red flag. My advice to you is for you to sit down analyse, consult your inner mind, if it tells you to end it , end it, if it tells you otherwise or how to deal with the issue, follow it.

Her acting that way after what she did shows how immature, iidontgiveadamnattitude, her reply , not even remorseful etc shows the kind of person she is. You have to use your tongue to count your teeth

1 Like

Re: Please Judge This Case by AltMonk1: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

Why you too de talk talk??
1. Your girlfriend is your guest
2. You know that your girlfriend loves eating bread

And you went ahead to buy only bread of N200. Haba now! You for buy your girlfriend her own, then the family theirs.

You're coming off as a stingy man oh. Even though your girlfriend reaction may be off too, you should no a better way of tackling issues even before it happens.

I did not give her 200, she has her own money and I gave her 1k for the bread.
Re: Please Judge This Case by slan87(m): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
It's a big disrespect for her not to take the phone from your sister, that's too bad it shows she has no regard for anyone. I don't want to talk about the bread part

1 Like

Re: Please Judge This Case by depato88(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
FalseProphet1:
That girl is a glutton a selfish and heartless person, marry her at your own peril.

If you told her not to eat a bread meant for the husband of your sister whose house she's staying, and she went ahead to eat it, believe me there's nothing you tell her in that marriage that she'll listen to.

And she wasn't even sober for what she did, she even threatened you to do whatever you please.

If you marry her, I see you dying before your time.

This I have seen.

Gbam!! Lol to be sincere, inasmuch as your moniker says otherwise, have been reading your ur comments on this forum, on different issues here, they are always real, pure and direct as that of a true prophet

2 Likes

Re: Please Judge This Case by MaverickA3: 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
Mstcheeeew!
Re: Please Judge This Case by Born2winKingOG: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2021
heniford2:
shut dafuckup simp kill u dia nobi visitor she be abi u crazy join head d dude talk say da bae too like bread base on waiting d bae mama reason him as a visitor she be and person way wan be free make she leave a fake life see eeh if you dey close to me here i 4 done slap u useless face with this ur "simp statement " abi u just join Nairaland new choose ur level oh b4 ogoni go burst ur head undecided undecided everything nobi Simp oh! Even ubanji and co d use dem head correct u stupid boy
na your father I pity, simpx ass lame son like you them supposed to kill from birth.
no much talks.

na bread you go chop 2022 na go kill u... just bookmarked this
Re: Please Judge This Case by Jack005(m): 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2021
This your girl friend sef... If she no eat bread, she go die? Why can't she behave sef.. Nawaoh
Re: Please Judge This Case by heniford2: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
Born2winKingOG:

na your father I pity, simpx ass lame son like you them supposed to kill from birth.
no much talks.

na bread you go chop 2022 na go kill u... just bookmarked this
i wish P man was alive to enjoy what his kids has turn up to be chia!! ur in Nigeria i guess right broke and useless in jan 2022 i will be going on vacation with my white bae and my son to Paris grin cheesy, you on the other hand is still stock in Naija cursing buhari and ur useless father cheesy grin get a life woman are not ur problem poverty is ur problem stay focus 2022 is coming stop all this ur simpness and go and hustle Nwanne 4 ur info am not a simp
Re: Please Judge This Case by mardis: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
Na bread she eat, ordinary bread for that matter, you and your sis, you especially want to crucify her. Your girlfriend woke up, cleaned everywhere. You didnt see that good attitude of hers and overlook the bread issue, You're even saying you'll book a ticket for her to go back. If i was your girlfriend i will not wait for that ticket of yours before leaving. And besides, your sis said you shouldn't make a mountain out of a mole hill yet you disobeyed and went ahead.
Re: Please Judge This Case by Limassol(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
You see op, there are ways you tackle issues like this, in a calm, cautious and calculating way without rubbing salt to injury. And you don't just take your sisters word, no, i belive there are two side to a story,there is something she is not telling you . No sane adult will eat what is not theirs and later start giving attitude to their victim, just like that, there must be something unpleasant your sister did to her.However, your response too was a bit hasty and undiplomatic. Your girl felt overwhelmed and belegured, hence her attitude, nonetheless, her act is unjustifiable and suggests she is questionabe. Anyway, you need to go have a frank in-person discussion with your gf and iron this issue out before it escalate.
Re: Please Judge This Case by Chisave: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
Re: Please Judge This Case by Chisave: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
Y
Re: Please Judge This Case by luizpippo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
All I see is a chic who can't control her craving that she had to eat the bread that she was explicitly told was kept for the husband.

No matter what, self respect should have told her to control her craving.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Laugh At Feminists When They Get Pregnant? / My Youtube Channel Is Starting Off Today / Love To Gist With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.