Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) (52777 Views)

My Brother Killed This Wildpig Yesterday / Photo Of Big Python And Bushpig My Brother Killed Last Night / Photos Of Bushpig Killed By A Hunter Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by udemzyudex(m): 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jay5mie:
Those "Bush Pigs" have families waiting for them to come back home this new year, and here you are celebrating how you brought sorrow to a Family.

F**ck off angry angry

grin grin grin
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by osazsky(m): 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jay5mie:
Those "Bush Pigs" have families waiting for them to come back home this new year, and here you are celebrating how you brought sorrow to a Family.

F**ck off angry angry
chickens goats dont deserve to have parents ..I hope na fish u eat through out today cuz even cow get children..dont mention endangered species here if u have nothing to say
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by madridsta007(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
flyinnizam:
Jubilations as my brother brought home this 2 bushpig this morning. New year don set for us o.

You killed Comrade Snowball.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
flyinnizam:
Jubilations as my brother brought home this 2 bushpig this morning. New year don set for us o.
On top septic tank na wah shaaaa
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by jahson19(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Lean? Isn't this a pig any more?
This pig is not ur regular bred pig, this is one expensive meat I tell u with very lean fat
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
jahson19:

This pig is not ur regular bred pig, this is one expensive meat I tell u with very lean fat

Okay. I've never tried it before. Bet it tastes really good.

Was imagining pork as lean meat.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
Shusher:

This is bush pig, it's lean even the domestic pig is far better than cow meat.

And yes, its lean meat and white meat too. Less cholesterol.

Meat like beaf is a slow killer.

I wouldn't rate pork healthy meat, but it seems this one has a different fat content to pork.

Do you eat pork in place of beef? Is it cheaper? How did you start eating it? I thought Nigerians hate pig and see it as dirty meat.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
Iko5000:
Lots of good lean meat in wild Boars as they move around a lot

This sounds like an interesting meat to try out. Expected it to be like pork.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by rawe45: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2022
flyinnizam:

You need to start dropping location o.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Shusher: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

I wouldn't rate pork healthy meat, but it seems this one has a different fat content to pork.

Do you eat pork in place of beef? Is it cheaper? How did you start eating it? I thought Nigerians hate pig and see it as dirty meat.

Nigerians hatred for pork is attributed mostly to religious beliefs or the thought that it eats from the dumpster. Most pork in the market are farm raised.

As a Nigerian, i know most people in the country like to jump on the bandwagon of beliefs instead of facts.

Yes, Pork is more expensive than beef in Nigeria, if you decide to cut off the fatty part, in advanced countries the fat is used to make other bi-products so they only make use of the lean meat, it's better than turkey.

I don't eat beef, very unhealthy meat!

I am from Delta state and pork is one of our favorites used in preparing many native delicacies.

Pork is number 1 meat worldwide and contributes to 36% of meat consumption.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by candygist: 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
flyinnizam:

If this push pig attack you enn…
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by lereinter(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Which state una kill them

I saw bush pig then when I dey Kaduna
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Munzy14(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
flyinnizam:
we sold one in full and the other in pieces...he is very brave indeed
Wow very nice...During my stay in Abia, I was advised to becareful at nights because of bush pig.

I stayed in a place bordering akwa Ibom, So they usually witness influx of these wild game.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by dasparrow: 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
What a catch. Those wild hogs are big. shocked
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Samcent: 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
osazsky:
chickens goats dont deserve to have parents ..I hope na fish u eat through out today cuz even cow get children..dont mention endangered species here if u have nothing to say
U dey hope say na fish em eat today; fish no get papa and mama? grin

Abeg those wen know the endangered species, make dem share the list with us, so that we go dey ask questions wen requesting for bush meat for joint.

Meanwhile, make una no forget say hunger dey for country o. Na who chop belleful dey select the kind bush meat e go eat.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Toks2008(m): 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
Some nairakanders live in the jungle

1 Like

Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Oceanblaze(m): 11:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
Dirty pig
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by ultimateprof: 3:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Drakkernoir:

Story......if them give you now....you go collect oh
Don't mind him!
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Mecka: 6:39am On Jan 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

This sounds like an interesting meat to try out. Expected it to be like pork.
I have this fetish for women like you. You are confident, brave, smart, outspoken, bold etc. you never back out from a fight. I wish my future wife will be like you. I'm willing to meet you in real life so we could share ideas. Happy new year
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Mecka:
I have this fetish for women like you. You are confident, brave, smart, outspoken, bold etc. you never back out from a fight. I wish my future wife will be like you. I'm willing to meet you in real life so we could share ideas. Happy new year

Happy New year, lovey-dovey you.

Trying out new foods and activities is always fun. Have had some wild animals on the menu. Life is too broad for just beef, chicken and fish.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2022
Shusher:

Nigerians hatred for pork is attributed mostly to religious beliefs or the thought that it eats from the dumpster. Most pork in the market are farm raised.

As a Nigerian, i know most people in the country like to jump on the bandwagon of beliefs instead of facts.

Yes, Pork is more expensive than beef in Nigeria, if you decide to cut off the fatty part, in advanced countries the fat is used to make other bi-products so they only make use of the lean meat, it's better than turkey.

I don't eat beef, very unhealthy meat!

I am from Delta state and pork is one of our favorites used in preparing many native delicacies.

Pork is number 1 meat worldwide and contributes to 36% of meat consumption.

I really have wondered why Nigerians don't eat pork. The sort of hate and disgust it inspires is uncalled for. You need to hear how they talk about it like pigs feast on human bodies and trash. Religion over sense.

You surprise me though. I thought with low demand for pork that it would be cheaper. You'll never see an abatoir that stocks pig.

Personally prefer cured pig. How do you prepare yours? And which delicacies are prepared with it?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2022
jahson19:

I would like to try boar meat. Maybe it will be better.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by KayCee92(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2022
mariovito:
This your brother abi na you,
More catastrophic than the asteroids and global warming put together, ona go single handedly wipe out all the fauna for Nigeria.

But then, a hungry man has no character.

LMAO..... Year never start this comrade is out with the sword to kill this innocent hunter with tongue lashing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by jahson19(m): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

I would like to try boar meat. Maybe it will be better.
They actually are in the same family

1 Like

Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by Shusher: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

I really have wondered why Nigerians don't eat pork. The sort of hate and disgust it inspires is uncalled for. You need to hear how they talk about it like pigs feast on human bodies and trash. Religion over sense.

You surprise me though. I thought with low demand for pork that it would be cheaper. You'll never see an abatoir that stocks pig.

Personally prefer cured pig. How do you prepare yours? And which delicacies are prepared with it?

I don't know of other Abbatoirs but the one in Lagos i went to some years back had a section dedicated for just pork. Farmers bring their stock there to sell and slaughter.

I don't cure pork.

I prefer to cook it . Used to prepare plantain and yam soup (Ukodo) or egusi/melon peppersoup just to name a few. Those dishes can make a grown man cry with joy grin grin
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by BRATISLAVA: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
Shusher:

I don't know of other Abbatoirs but the one in Lagos i went to some years back had a section dedicated for just pork. Farmers bring their stock there to sell and slaughter.

I don't cure pork.

I prefer to cook it . Used to prepare plantain and yam soup (Ukodo) or egusi/melon peppersoup just to name a few. Those dishes can make a grown man cry with joy grin grin

These foods you described sound quite tasty and unique. I haven't come across that your plantain and yam soup before.

I know anything with egusi will be a hit. cheesy But that pepper soup part, I don't understand it. How do you prepare it?

Any day you prepare these things, please let me see them just once. I would like to try and make them, too. Just mention me on a dead thread. I've never heard of or seen these delicacies you mentioned.
Re: My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) by meobizy(f): 1:48am On Jan 31, 2022
They look tasty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sapa Concoction Rice / Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.