Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players (682 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Slams Klopp: I’m Disappointed In You, Always Respect Your Opponent / Bayern Munich Dock The Wages Of Five Unvaccinated Players ( Pics) / "Neymar Is The Kim Kardashian Of Football" - Joey Barton Slams PSG Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players by Sunofgod(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2022
Joey Barton slams Jurgen Klopp as "wrong" over stance on signing unvaccinated players

Joey Barton has taken a swipe at Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp over his comments on unvaccinated players.

The Anfield chief recently suggested that he would avoid signing any players who had not been inoculated.

The German labelled them a “constant threat” to his squad, amid a rise in Covid cases within football in recent weeks leading to mass postponemens.

Now, Bristol Rovers boss Barton has offered his typically blunt assessment of the situation.

Barton said: "Can I just say, on the record, I've seen managers - Liverpool, Man United - saying they won't sign unvaccinated players.

"I'll let you know we'll definitely sign unvaccinated players. We just want good players.

"And I know there's loads of conjecture about whether players are getting jabbed. For me you've got to be careful about telling people what to do. If lads don't want to do it, they don't want to do it.

"Most lads I know are doing it. But also there are some people who just don't want to. And you have to respect that.

"We have to be mindful, there are going to be loads of good players who for whatever reason don't want to take a chance, for whatever reason; their research and information they've garnered and the risk posed to them.

"I think it's wrong for people to come out and say they wouldn't do this, and they wouldn't do that. Categorically, we just want to sign good players.

"Whether or not they're vaccinated or not is their choice - like their religion, or sex, or whatever they choose to do. You've got to respect that and be careful not to pressurise players to do something they don't want to do.

"They should come to that natural run of events, I don't think it should be football managers coming out and pressurising young men into potentially life-changing decisions."

Ironically, Barton's side have seen their League Two game at Leyton Orient on New Year's Day postponed due to Covid cases.

It is their fourth successive game to have bitten the dust.

Confirmation only arrived at 10am on the day of the game, after Rovers requested the cancellation.

EFL rules state that a game can go ahead should a team be able to field 14 players, including a goalkeeper.

A statement from Bristol Rovers, who have not played a fixture since December 11, said: "The club has had to take the decision in light of unforseen illnesses in the Rovers first-team squad this morning.

"Despite this extremely disappointing situation, we have continued to work hard within COVID-19 guidelines and only took this measure to ensure the health and safety of our players and staff.

"We understand that this late postponement will cause disruption and upset to our travelling fans and we can only further apologise for any issues caused."

The EFL this week scrapped the on-the-day testing for players in a bid to try and halt last-minute postponements.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barton-slams-klopp-unvaccinated-players-25829216
Re: Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players by rayvelez(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
Joey Barton crazy player back then always on crack.

1 Like

Re: Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players by OmegaAutos: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2022
They should stop making this compulsary vaccination look like a 666 thing jare. mtcheeeew
Re: Joey Barton Slams Klopp As "Wrong" Over Stance On Signing Unvaccinated Players by SadiqBabaSani: 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
the more u make d covid thing appear like a must d more we believe d conspiracy

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo To PSG, Confirmed By The End Of The Summer!!! / I Got 4 Over 4 Draws Today / Sergio Ramos: Messi Not Better Than Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.