Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury (13316 Views)

Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman / Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku / 2019: Meet The New Powerful ‘godfathers’ Who May Shape Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by gentleguy1975: 2:36am On Jan 02, 2022
Dr Chris Ngige
Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, has said that political godfathers removed him as governor because he refused to do their bidding of “opening” Anambra State treasury for them.

Ngige, who refused to mention the names of the “godfathers”, also said he was attacked by the “powers that be”, simply because he decided to work for the people and for the development of the state.

The minister made these remarks in Awka on Saturday, after he was honoured by the traditional Ruler of Awka, Obi Gibson Nwosu, during the biennial Egwu-Uzu festival.

Ngige, who was the state governor between 2003 to 2005, recalled that his administration, as of then, embarked on mega infrastructure projects, public service reforms, prioritised workers and pensioners welfare, attracted federal presence and enthroned peace and security in the entire state, not minding the huge debts he inherited from his predecessor.

He was conferred with an Igbo royal title of “Onyili Mmagba,” meaning the man who wrestled everybody to the ground, escaped and gave freedom to others.

Ngige recalled that as a governor, he was kidnapped, though he did not pay any ransom to free himself.

He said, “I decided to work for the Anambra people and that became the main crux of the problem. Will you stand and work for the people or the godfathers? So, I stood with the people and worked for them.

“Before I came into office, Awka was a village but we transformed the village to a befitting capital city. We brought infrastructural development and introduced reforms in the public service. We tarred all the roads in the GRA, Awka. We dualised Nnamdi Azikiwe Road and put streetlights on them. We repaired the water scheme and got water running in three quarters of the city including Akwata.”
https://punchng.com/godfathers-removed-me-for-protecting-anambra-treasury-ngige/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 02, 2022
We know the godfathers. And thank you Ngige for opening our eyes in Anambra.

66 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by itsme01: 2:42am On Jan 02, 2022
cool

Anambra people have decided to be their own godfathers

22 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by alphaNomega: 3:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Bullshít, I hate it when people cannot name names when making talk like this

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by hurryup123(m): 3:51am On Jan 02, 2022
NGIGE was doing Chris Uba’s bidding until Chris miscalculated and
kidnapped him. He even gave Uba an Irreversible Standing Order of 10M naira
to be deducted at source monthly from Anambra allocation.He had sent his
cabinet list to Uba for vetting.Infact he was doing Uba’s bidding only that
Uba ran out of patience.Had Chris Uba not miscalculated, NGIGE would have
looted the Anambra treasury with him.Therefore,NGIGE is an opportunist like
CHRIS UBA. We should see Chris Ngige the way we see Chris Uba.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by southsouthking(m): 4:31am On Jan 02, 2022
Tah getat

10 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by tony0806: 4:31am On Jan 02, 2022
It's well

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by slawormiir: 4:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr

All these politicians
Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Solidkay(m): 4:38am On Jan 02, 2022
I believe they could perceive your in capability miles away and it stinks.
My opinion though.

5 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by azpekuliar: 4:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Neither did you win that election.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by fullnetwork: 4:45am On Jan 02, 2022
hurryup123:
He even gave Uba an Irreversible Standing Order of 10M naira
Run out of patience? How? After all these act of submission?

4 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by seguno2: 4:49am On Jan 02, 2022
azpekuliar:
Neither did you win that election.

Meaning that Ngige is just a thief trying in vain to demonise his fellow thieves
Interesting revelation.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by CannibalTorment: 4:50am On Jan 02, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by specialmati(m): 4:51am On Jan 02, 2022
hurryup123:
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked you must be a regular under bridge news paper reader

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by seguno2: 4:52am On Jan 02, 2022
fullnetwork:

Run out of patience? How? After all these act of submission?

Is it not the same thing between Ladoja and Adedibu in Oyo
And Obasanjo supervised the whole mess, but still forms sanctimonious holy born again elder statesman to us since we can’t think.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Boogyman557: 4:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by HacheNoire: 5:02am On Jan 02, 2022
That’s Normal

God fatherism is part of Nigeria’s political system

If you don’t dance to the tune of the deciders, you will booted out

You must remit accordingly.
Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by mu2sa2: 5:05am On Jan 02, 2022
In other words, Ngige and Chris Uba jointly planned to loot Anambra treasury, but Ngige outsmarted Uba.
hurryup123:

15 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Welrez(m): 5:07am On Jan 02, 2022
The days of political gangsterism in Anambra. We have come a long way!

5 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by SensualMan: 5:22am On Jan 02, 2022
Was that why u voted against ur party man?
Andy Uba won't like this cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by system21: 5:22am On Jan 02, 2022
Ngige is an opportunities who stole another person's mandate to jointly loot Anambra state with his Uba friends, whatever happened between him and his collaborators is a story only him and his collaborators can tell

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Vadese1: 5:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks for presenting the facts. This was just the real story

hurryup123:

5 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by fullnetwork: 5:30am On Jan 02, 2022
system21:
Ngige is an opportunities who stole another person's mandate to jointly loot Anambra state with his Uba friends, whatever happened between him and his collaborators is a story only him and his collaborators can tell
I believe you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Ournolly: 5:34am On Jan 02, 2022
True, though he didn't win the election.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by lomprico(m): 5:34am On Jan 02, 2022
alphaNomega:
Bullshít, I hate it when people cannot name names when making talk like this

Chris Uba, elder brother to Andy Uba.

14 Likes

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by AntiChristian: 5:39am On Jan 02, 2022
The breeze don blow and we don dey see the cloaca of the hen!
Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Dikaveli(m): 5:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Ngige is a big time criminal forget about all his stories
Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by shadeze: 5:44am On Jan 02, 2022
Onwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury by Perfectbeing(m): 5:44am On Jan 02, 2022
So there are godfathers in Anambra yet these people are only fixated in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Importers, Power Firms Behind Anti-akpabio Plot / Oronsaye Report: Uncertainty Over 48 Ministers / Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.